Bring4th

Full Version: knowledge is a reduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"I call it emptiness because you are full of identities - otherwise it is an absolute presence, not an absence. It is the presence of something which by its very nature is a mystery and cannot be reduced to knowledge."

-Rajneesh

I think it is healthy to understand that knowledge is a way for our mind to reduce reality in to something we can grasp. it strives to contain it in words and images that create patterns of expectation.

Sure on some level it can be a practical tool, but it is easy for it to turn in to dogma. Not that the dogma is bad, it´s a little like training wheels on a bike; it can keep you stable while you learn balance but at some point it just takes away the flexibility...
I agree with your last statement.

Knowledge is dogma. It is the defining aspect of this system of seven. As such, it is a tool that is necessary to hold our concept of reality together. In the end, I've concluded it's just best to use the concept of knowledge when useful and dump specific knowledge when it doesn't hold up. You've got to be willing to dump knowledge when it doesn't hold up against the test of empirical observation.

Anyways, this is a pretty divine thread you've created here. Thumbs up from me.
I feel as though if I had more knowledge I would be much better equipped in regards to improving my life.
Experience is the key