Bring4th

Full Version: what is the last book you read?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
you didn't need to finish it BigSmile

(I'm sort of hunting around for some new titles, and don't mind some random things being thrown at me).
Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - B.K.S Iyengar.
It is good, Iyengar obviously has a lot of experience and knowledge of yoga. I can't say how it compares to other commentaries though. Next I'll be reading Swami Satchidanandas take on the sutras. The yoga sutras of Patanjali is a treasure for the spiritual seeker/practitioner in my opinion.
The Crucifixion of Esmerelda Sweetwater
Most recently: The Seth Material by Jane Roberts

In the past few months: Cannery Row and The Pearl by John Steinbeck.

I am also working on The Crucifixion of Esmerelda Sweetwater. BigSmile

A general suggestion for a book if you haven't read it: Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman. It's an excellent 'semi-fictional' book which I believe very closely matches the Law of One. There are also two good sequels: Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior and The Journeys of Socrates. There is an extremely shocking and rewarding piece of information if you make it all the way through the series (which I will not spoil BigSmile).
I've read part of the Oversoul Seven in the past, but I don't remember it, and don't remember where I put my book. I think it was a trilogy, but not sure.
Introducing Psycho-Analysis: A Graphic Guide; By Ivan Ward & Oscar Zarate
At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson.

Everything he writes is so interesting, informative, and delightful.
Benner - (1) The Impersonal Life and there is 2-3 and 4

far_journeys -Monroe R.

Conference-Of-The-Birds

John Keel - Operation Trojan Horse

Ouspensky - In Search of the Miraculous

Unbound

Haven't finished it yet but I am reading 'The Mysterious Story of X7' by Anonymous, it is about a group of 7 russians incarcerated in a salt mine who during their imprisonment realize the nature of matter as pure light and its direction via thought and how they used this to telepathically communicate their story to an American medium, whom then had the story published.
Yada Speaks Or the 500, 000 Year Old Wisdom of E Yada Di Shiite
Magic Bag: The Inner Circle Teachers Of Light

But I'm still skimming through them from time to time. They are channeled by Mark Probert and are in resonance with the Law of One. I recommend them both!

EDIT: I'll drop a few more which I found fruitful for my seeking:
In the Wave Lies the Secret of Creation
Hilma af Klint: A Pioneer of Abstraction
The council of seven lights By George W. Van Tassel

Peace.
The Dark Tower: The Dark Tower - Stephen King

The whole series is highly recommended. Many familiar concepts and entertaining epic.
An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears
(09-18-2014, 02:23 AM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't finished it yet but I am reading 'The Mysterious Story of X7' by Anonymous, it is about a group of 7 russians incarcerated in a salt mine who during their imprisonment realize the nature of matter as pure light and its direction via thought and how they used this to telepathically communicate their story to an American medium, whom then had the story published.

Holy moly.
last 1 i read was The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: A Memoir of Life in Death by Jean-Dominique Bauby

i didn't like it

Unbound

(09-18-2014, 03:39 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]last 1 i read was The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: A Memoir of Life in Death by Jean-Dominique Bauby

i didn't like it

Why not?
(09-18-2014, 03:39 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]last 1 i read was The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: A Memoir of Life in Death by Jean-Dominique Bauby

i didn't like it

This is the story of the man who learns to communicate by blinking his eye, the sole movement he is able to perform, and dictates a book that way?

I watched the movie version. Stirs up the emotions.
(09-18-2014, 03:46 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]

i didn't like it

Why not?
mainly bc i watched the movie before reading it

michael430

[deleted]
The Untethered Soul, by Michael A. Singer

The author has an uncanny, comprehendable, and brilliant way of describing the chatter in our heads, and how to deal with it. He leads the reader easily to the point of understanding how to connect to our higher selves.
Turquoise Days, by Alistair Reynolds. It's a novella, about 70 or 80 pages. Awesome Sci-fi!
Also, you can try some short stories by Connie Willis. I say short stories because I haven't read any of her novels yet. BigSmile
+1 for Connie Willis!
The Trivium: The Liberal Arts of Logic, Grammar, and Rhetoric
The Ancient secret of the flower of life

by Drunvalo Melchizedek

many pdf 's available on net so find the one you like most in quality and size

excerpt from page 108 : maybe this interest some of you Smile

"
Now that we have the necessary background, we can continue with the drama in Atlantis. The project to rebuild the grid was begun by three men: Thoth, a being named Ra and a being named Araragat. These men flew to a place in what is now Egypt, to the area now called the Giza plateau. At that time it was not a desert, but a tropical rain forest, and it was called the Land of Khem, which means the land of the hairy barbarians. The three men went to that particular place because the axis of the old unity-consciousness grid extended out of the Earth from that point. They were going to rebuild a new grid on the old axis, according to instructions given by higher consciousness. They had to wait until the right moment—until the precession of the equinoxes passed the low ebb in consciousness— before they could act, and this low ebb was still far into their future. After that they would have a little less than half a cycle, about 12,900 years or so, to complete everything by the end of the twentieth century. We couldn’t go any longer than this or we would destroy ourselves and our planet. First they had to complete the grid on the higher dimensions, then they had to physically build the temples in this dimension before the new unity grid would manifest. Once manifested and balanced, they were to help us begin to consciously move into the higher worlds of being and begin anew our path home to God.

ps. just came up on this also "What’s important here is one fact: Akhenaten developed a mystery school. The school was called the Egyptian Mystery School of Akhenaten, the Law of One"

and am aware of new thread about mystery school on forum hm.....synchro ??? Smile
Eckhart Tolle - The Power Of Now. An inspiring read and has a lot of congruency to the balancing exercises that Ra recommend.

Half way through Delores Cannons Convoluted Universe, Book 2 at present.
Reading Michael Newton Journey of Souls.
Before that "The History of God" by Guy Needler.
In the last 2-3 months...

The Martian
The Enchantress (series)
Dark Space (series)
Imhotep (series)
Lost Fleet (series)

Just nabbed the latest Imhotep book, can't wait to read it! The final book of the Dark Space series will be out soon, looking forward to that too :¬)

The first four are all excellent. Lost fleet is good, but not the same level.
ready player one by ernest cline. i loved it.

a film adaptation, directed by steven spielberg, is currently in production & slated to premiere in spring of 2018. [Image: sign_woot.gif]
Hey a book thread!

Last one I finished: Autobiography of a Yogi. Life-changing and I recommend highly to everyone.

Last one I've read from: Tao Te Ching. "Because the wise always confront difficulties, they do not experience them."
Currently reading The Philosophy of Astrology by Manly P. Hall.
Recently, the Last few months, I have basically been reading mostly all the Q'uo sessions.
There arme so many gems, but you probably all know this!

The last Book before that was "Stepping between realities" by Michael Roads.
Very fascinating,insightful and inspiring!!!
His Books are among the best i've ever read!

He is by the means of astral travels and the guidance of higher beings exploring all kinds of stuff, from various astral planes to accompanying dying people in hospitals and what they experience after death.
He is even meeting and interacting with a Black hole!

Simply incredible!
Dös anybody know him?
Pages: 1 2