Bring4th

Full Version: Woman, Age 24 Has No Cerebellum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22...Bx0wxakw7G

"A woman has reached the age of 24 without anyone realising she was missing a large part of her brain. The case highlights just how adaptable the organ is."

"The cerebellum's main job is to control voluntary movements and balance, and it is also thought to be involved in our ability to learn specific motor actions and speak. Problems in the cerebellum can lead to severe mental impairment, movement disorders, epilepsy or a potentially fatal build-up of fluid in the brain. However, in this woman, the missing cerebellum resulted in only mild to moderate motor deficiency, and mild speech problems such as slightly slurred pronunciation."
This aligns with the holographic model of the brain researched by Karl Pribram:
Karl Pribram, The Holographic Brain

This clip will be easier to understand, of Michael Talbot, author of The Holographic Universe, talking about the subject:
The Holgraphic Universe
This is fascinating. He talks about Tulpas, or mentally projected images:

I watched that one, too, Gemini. Wolf is on the cutting edge between science and metaphysics. It ties in with the holographic model because the original thinker, David Bohm, physicist, theorized that there is an implicate and explicate universe. Out the implicate unmanifested field, all things are manifested into existence (explicate). Much the same way Wolf talks about projected images. And it's fascinating that these images can be shared. Smile
I wish my problems could be so simple. "Oh, hey. Half ur brain's missing! Tough break. Aren't u awesome for existing anyway? Googoochigoo."
^^Haha

Jefferey Mishlove's Thinking Allowed series in general is great.
(09-20-2014, 10:01 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Jefferey Mishlove's Thinking Allowed series in general is great.

Yes, it is. I remember watching it very late at night on PBS in the early 90's. It's great now to have a website to go to with the shows. Smile