Bring4th

Full Version: Is your current job/career helping you polarize?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is your job or career helping you polarize in STO?

What catalysts are the most present in your current occupation?

Do you work to live or of live to work?
those are some great questions there Sabou.

I guess to answer them fully, I'd have to provide some background context about my own working situation, and how I navigate the whole issue of 'income' and 'lifestyle'; things that may be in contrary conflict at times BigSmile

I've written before about my own work situation, and what it means to me. It's a theme I've explored because I think it is of such central importance in one's life, and the ability to derive satisfaction, ease, and a sense of harmony out of it.

I've had 'bad jobs' before; bad in the sense that they were incompatible with my personality and skillset. There were other individuals in that environment (and hired for the same role) who thrived and survived in that situation. But it wasn't for me, personally speaking.

(10-10-2014, 01:51 AM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]Do you work to live or of live to work?

I'm a wage earner, on 3 days a week. Given the choice, I would probably still come into work lol if I won the lottery. Call me mad or just plain crazy, but I find it a useful social outlet. I have friends here and colleagues, we work here as a team to group deadlines,

- -

(10-10-2014, 01:51 AM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]What catalysts are the most present in your current occupation?

most of my major catalysts for this current job are in the past now. They were significant hurdles for me. I've always prided myself in being an outstanding solo performer, and one of the things I had to learn to do was work (ie collaborate) and communicate effectively in a group setting. That taught me a lot about orange ray, but more specifically, has kept me working on yellow ray understandings over time. It's been a long time coming, but the 'integrating' aspects into wider society are coming into fruition for me.

- -

(10-10-2014, 01:51 AM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]Is your job or career helping you polarize in STO?

the Buddha spoke about 'right work', and gave some examples of industries that cause active harm. Some of those included being in the business of intoxicants (ie, substances that help humanity to sleep and distract themselves) and the businesses of poisons and warfare (causing direct harm to life).

one could say that the Buddha was a very sto individual BigSmile

if I take his lead, I am not working in one of those industries that causes active harm.

whether my industry leads to a net social benefit and has positive intentions towards individuals is not so clear. (I work in a job related to mainstream media).

what I can say is that aside from the income/financial aspects of my work, the fact that I only work 3 days a week means that I have plenty of free time to devote to personal activities and interests. Those activites and interests have the goal of self-development and self-understanding, and have led to an immeasurable sense of peace and acceptance in my life; a state of consciousness which I didn't think it would be possible for me to live for an extended period of time while being in this particular body complex/situation.
Interesting topic!

I've always had a strong desire to serve others, and thought that a career where I could "help others" in some capacity would be extremely rewarding.

In my mid-20s I moved to New York City and became a social worker working with the homeless population.

Long story short: the organization, despite a well-intentioned and humble beginning in the early 80s, has "jumped the shark," so to speak. They are now quite well-connected with the City and funded by some serious money (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, AmEx, etc) ... who seem to be more interested in the appearances of "ending homelessness," rather than actually solving it ... and I'm not just indicting my former agency, but rather the City and the Department of Homeless Services as a whole. "Out of sight, out of mind" -- sorry, but that's my take after 5 years in the belly of the beast!

Then there's the other side of the issue: not everyone WANTS to be helped! The idea that you see their condition as one of "needing help" can be extremely insulting to some people! And some of these people have very legitimate gripes about society -- and after seeing how society dropped them like a hot potato the second they hit a streak of bad luck, why should they desire to rejoin it? After years of adjusting to life on the streets?

As a social worker, you can really get hit from all angles. It's a tough life, and I have a lot of respect for people who can do it without losing their compassion and becoming jaded.

Though it was a frustrating period of life -- this was a positive experience for me on the whole, because it helped to turn me away from the idea that I would ever be able to serve others and make money at the same time. I'm sure it's possible, somewhere, somehow. But I'm also sure it's quite a difficult balancing act. To answer your question, I work to live now. I moved to the Midwest, work on a farm and write novels for a pittance. Meditation and truth seeking are my real careers Wink

When people ask me what they can do to help the homeless, I say ... if you want to help someone ... say hi, ask them how they're doing -- talk to them like a human! It can mean a lot! (Only if you feel inclined, of course -- don't do it if you are easily guilt-tripped or feel threatened, because some people are quite unwell and angry, and I can guarantee you that some will see you as the perpetrator of their current state.)
Well, my knife's blade is double-edged. I work in the SERVICE industry (as does 10% of America now - I am a waitress), so my job is literally serving other people's every whim. However, the Buddha (and truly myself deep down) probably doesn't approve of the fact that I serve alcohol and dead animals to people. I have my justifications - I almost exclusively recommend vegetarian dishes, and our restaurant is actually fairly upscale with very small portions - tapas - so there is very little waste compared to a lot of places I've worked. Also, I accept that if a different human were standing in my shoes that the person ordering food would still be ordering that lamb pizza, so I brush it off as less in my control.

Quote:Is your job or career helping you polarize in STO?

Yes, very much so. My job is a gift because I come in contact with a few hundred people each shift. When I'm at my best I'm able to radiate a smile full of love to most everyone. Ultimately, my job is to give people a positive experience where they leave feeling fulfilled - not just full. Each table is different and desires a different personality from me. It's a constant challenge. I work in a team environment and I absolutely LOVE almost all my coworkers, so I get to be a lot of help to them, as well, which I love.

Quote:What catalysts are the most present in your current occupation?

YELLOW-RAY! Working as a server offers some serious yellow ray catalyst. Most people see my profession as unskilled and menial, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Sometimes people are very condescending and think the word 'server' is the same as 'servant' and it can get a bit demeaning at times.

I also have this problem with repeating catalyst in my workplace, involving learning the lessons of the light touch, as Ra would call it. At work, I usually give 110%, and I'm a very fast paced worker in general. This makes me a valuable asset, but it also makes me relied upon too much - at this point, we are very understaffed and I've been working 10-15hrs a week more than is good for my own personal sanity. This has actually be a chronic problem at my job, for the 6 months I've worked there. I also don't complain so I end up getting the extra shifts and the worst sections because I try not to let things like that sour my mood as others do. I've also had to take a step back and stop just blanket-helping everyone even when they don't really need it. Doing other people's job for them is actually a disservice. Hard lessons abound!

Quote:Do you work to live or of live to work?

At this point, I work to live. I try to live to work but I'm really quite burnt out on serving tables at this point. I get pointless anxiety about going into work. It's a bummer. However, we have to move within a few months (out of state) so there is a 'light' at the end of the tunnel. Also I've been doing this to support both me and my husband while he finishes his novel. The dream is once that is done that it could maybe mostly support us until the next one is finished! Either way, after the move, I will most likely not be working in food service unless it's something more ethical (like a juice bar or something!)
My current job doesn't really help me polarize. But my tulpa does, since I am here to serve him.
I wouldn't fault someone even if they worked for some sort of arms industry. Since they might be the only person there that lights everyone else up, and just a little bit stops the gravity of the negative from completely taking over people's lives.

I don't work at the moment but will be volunteering at a charity for adults with learning problems/ disabilities. I feel more able to use my empathy already since I got on well with my uncle whose had a stroke. Considering more his point of view where there have been disagreements in the past.

Unbound

Helping me polarize? Not sure, I suppose in small ways every day. I use every opportunity to leave the house as an opportunity to work with people.
Here's an example of how any job or career can help you polarize.

Well, almost any. I still think if you're making landmines, cigarettes or selling meth, you're not doing great no matter how much good cheer you bring to your office pals.
Definitely. I love my business. Every single day I hear from people whose lives have been profoundly impacted. It is rewarding when they thank me for helping them to heal, get pain relief, or whatever. The hardest part, though, is that I cannot speak freely about it, due to the medical monopoly. But that provides catalyst for me and is helping me learn wisdom and acceptance of those who choose pain, suffering and even death.
[quote='Monica' pid='164545' dateline='1413131966']
Definitely. I love my business. Every single day I hear from people whose lives have been profoundly impacted. It is rewarding when they thank me for helping them to heal, get pain relief, or whatever. The hardest part, though, is that I cannot speak freely about it, due to the medical monopoly.
Quote:If I was to offer you protection in order to speak, would that change your mind?
Free speech is something that I tend to go for personally.

Of what exactly are you fearful?
I have worked for myself most of my adult life. I find that when I do jobs that are difficult or that I don't like as much, it provides a lot of catalyst for change (in me). I feel resistance, and as soon as I do, I work toward letting go of it and embracing what I am doing in the moment, and doing that task to the best of my ability which depends upon letting go of that resistance.

And when I work on things I love it raises my vibration (for lack of a more accurate phrase), because I am "in love" as I do it.

Personally, I would prefer to always be doing what I love. I'm sometimes in that position, but not always. I approach this concept from a different angle as well, and endeavor to "love" even the stuff I don't like. Smile It doesn't work quite as well though. Tongue
(10-12-2014, 01:43 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ][If I was to offer you protection in order to speak, would that change your mind?

Sure. Can you eradicate the IRS while you're at it? I really abhor having to pay money that is being used to slaughter children.

Seriously, that would be really awesome!

(10-12-2014, 01:43 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Of what exactly are you fearful?

Not fearful. Just cautious. The US doesn't allow free speech on healing, due to the drug industry controlling the medical system.
(10-12-2014, 02:35 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Can you eradicate the IRS while you're at it? I really abhor having to pay money that is being used to slaughter children.

Yes, please. I want that too. Smile
(10-12-2014, 02:35 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Can you eradicate the IRS while you're at it? I really abhor having to pay money that is being used to slaughter children.

I stopped paying over 5 years ago. The notion of paying money so they could create a tyranny for the people didn't quite square with me. Wink

Contracting with the IRS, in law, is a choice rather than an obligation. The IRS just needs to be told that...

(10-12-2014, 02:35 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Not fearful. Just cautious. The US doesn't allow free speech on healing, due to the drug industry controlling the medical system.

An associate of mine sells colloidal silver - I've heard all the stories and your caution is certainly quite well-founded..

We'll have some relief for that when the time becomes right for those who are inclined towards sovereignty. Patience is quite an inconvenient virtue..... Smile
My current job role is that of "chronic unemployment", which severely limits probabilities of human interactions, impoverishment and limited possibilities of growth, and the ability to help others when you need help yourself. Yet there is a realisation that we are too dependent on the psychopathic corporation to supply jobs when in reality having a job there is a form of enslavement best not prefered. Take it this way: so shall we serve the people by guiding them to a product, giving information that is required.

In our ignorance we often do not use our conscience to figure out things when we sell items to a customer:
- Where does the product come from?
- What are the working conditions from that location?
- What are the materials used for that product?
- Are we using truth or lies to sell that product?
- For whom do we serve? The customer or the corporation?
- For when you aid a corporation how often are the products defective?
- How many times are you told to shut your mouth? Or more like you do not even have the information to know if the product is defective or not
- When you sell a product how often is it an item they want because they need it? Or is it through selfish means? How can you be a service to others if you give into them if others are going to suffer because of it?
- When you serve a customer you do it on behalf of a psychopathic entity that expects something in return: your money is a means to profit and profit leads to power, and what does power do? In this case the corporation is using the concept of service to others by being service to itself through manipulation, control, greed and power over others.
- Your service is to the corporation as a mind controlled slave, service to the customer is mirrored through the fallacy of a percept that you are serving the customer.

The jobs that are lost are being replaced by service based industries, once these jobs were for the perceived uneducated and students, now we are seeing well educated as perceived in 3rd density and an experienced workforce forced to accept roles in jobs that they would never have to accept before. Remember the term, "knowledged based highly technologized industries?" Where are those careers? What do we get instead? More part jobs, higher tuition, cheap job slave training programs for drones, no development or intent for exploration and discovery of the universe, etc.

We need to be more independent, and that is an aim for "me". "I" have the skill as a cartographer, seeking to learn to write as well, studying philosophy, learning that "I" have poetic, ability, and speaking abilities are assets. Yet how can I be a benefit to the community? To toil in the fields perhaps and to feed the people of that community rather then to sell my crops for profit to a corporation or a government entity? All is probabilites.
(10-12-2014, 08:57 PM)Jamie35 Wrote: [ -> ]My current job role is that of "chronic unemployment", which severely limits probabilities of human interactions, impoverishment and limited possibilities of growth, and the ability to help others when you need help yourself. Yet there is a realisation that we are too dependent on the psychopathic corporation to supply jobs when in reality having a job there is a form of enslavement best not prefered. Take it this way: so shall we serve the people by guiding them to a product, giving information that is required.

In our ignorance we often do not use our conscience to figure out things when we sell items to a customer:
- Where does the product come from?
- What are the working conditions from that location?
- What are the materials used for that product?
- Are we using truth or lies to sell that product?
- For whom do we serve? The customer or the corporation?
- For when you aid a corporation how often are the products defective?
- How many times are you told to shut your mouth? Or more like you do not even have the information to know if the product is defective or not
- When you sell a product how often is it an item they want because they need it? Or is it through selfish means? How can you be a service to others if you give into them if others are going to suffer because of it?
- When you serve a customer you do it on behalf of a psychopathic entity that expects something in return: your money is a means to profit and profit leads to power, and what does power do? In this case the corporation is using the concept of service to others by being service to itself through manipulation, control, greed and power over others.
- Your service is to the corporation as a mind controlled slave, service to the customer is mirrored through the fallacy of a percept that you are serving the customer.

The jobs that are lost are being replaced by service based industries, once these jobs were for the perceived uneducated and students, now we are seeing well educated as perceived in 3rd density and an experienced workforce forced to accept roles in jobs that they would never have to accept before. Remember the term, "knowledged based highly technologized industries?" Where are those careers? What do we get instead? More part jobs, higher tuition, cheap job slave training programs for drones, no development or intent for exploration and discovery of the universe, etc.

We need to be more independent, and that is an aim for "me". "I" have the skill as a cartographer, seeking to learn to write as well, studying philosophy, learning that "I" have poetic, ability, and speaking abilities are assets. Yet how can I be a benefit to the community? To toil in the fields perhaps and to feed the people of that community rather then to sell my crops for profit to a corporation or a government entity? All is probabilites.
Any job is a chance for service to others, be radiating love within it uplifts others and is teaching the beefiness of love, of course depends on their free and choice of service to others or service to self. Its comparable to increasing the difficulty on a video game, being in nature less distraction easier to feel oneness and radiate. Then it depends on what lessons you have set for this life too in learning love. The key being can you radiate love no matter what the situation.. catalyst that is available in that moment.
Every action in life has the opportunity to create positive or negative polarization.

I experience currently an administration style role for local Government dealing with planning permission, i mostly answer telephone calls which at times can be difficult if people object to a planning application that ends up going through etc. They often talk down to those of us who answer the phone as they believe we are simply the call center who answer the phone, even though we are trained to give advice.

The catalyst i am going through at work is basically Yellow Ray in the sense of dealing with the local community, work colleagues and local Government. Its helped me greatly accept others in the local community who get angry at you and think less of you. I get to experience catalyst of the acceptance of work colleagues who overly complain about things and learn to see things from the view point of others than my self. I also get to learn responsibility through processing sensitive documentation.

Its a precious opportunity to practice compassion and mindfulness to other sentient beings.

I work to live.

Over all i have processed the catalyst to the point of being able to see the wisdom of it in the moment rather than going to victim based consciousness that i had to a degree in my first job.
(10-12-2014, 07:53 PM)ScottK Wrote: [ -> ]

I stopped paying over 5 years ago. The notion of paying money so they could create a tyranny for the people didn't quite square with me. Wink

Contracting with the IRS, in law, is a choice rather than an obligation. The IRS just needs to be told that...

Yes but, the IRS is a bully system. I've looked into this and I don't see it as so black and white. Even though the law or constitution doesn't mandate compliance, it seems to me the bully system does what it wants.

Do you get W-2s or 1099s? I get 1099s that are reported to the IRS.

I think you are an attorney, correct? I remember that you are involved in some grass roots org. Any advice?
(10-13-2014, 02:41 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2014, 07:53 PM)ScottK Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes but, the IRS is a bully system. I've looked into this and I don't see it as so black and white. Even though the law or constitution doesn't mandate compliance, it seems to me the bully system does what it wants.

Do you get W-2s or 1099s? I get 1099s that are reported to the IRS.

I think you are an attorney, correct? I remember that you are involved in some grass roots org. Any advice?

I do not get those forms so I don't have to contract with the IRS year to year - so that's a big advantage for me. But not paying requires a level of courage/foolhardiness - is it a battle you want to fight, if that battle should come to you? For most, the answer is no. These things have been my training ground, so for me, the answer was yes. I'm definitely not an attorney - I think it's basically that the creation wanted me to know something about law, so I've been trained in the school of hard knocks. Smile

Exactly on being a bully - same with the county court system on foreclosures. The law no longer matters. It's only about who controls the guns and badges. The folks I'm involved with will have a remedy, but it involves more than just papers - when the time is right, it will come out for those who choose sovereignty.

The other option is to pay a lawyer or someone who is connected with the IRS - then they get together and pay everyone off and the problem is lessened. It seems like the way communism must have been. It has zilcho to do with the law.

After the election, I'm hearing that the IRS among other agencies will really ramp up as the STS entities will attempt to create the reality they wish. That will surely be a sign that the cabal's days are numbered.
(10-14-2014, 07:45 AM)ScottK Wrote: [ -> ]I do not get those forms so I don't have to contract with the IRS year to year - so that's a big advantage for me. But not paying requires a level of courage/foolhardiness - is it a battle you want to fight, if that battle should come to you? For most, the answer is no. These things have been my training ground, so for me, the answer was yes. I'm definitely not an attorney - I think it's basically that the creation wanted me to know something about law, so I've been trained in the school of hard knocks. Smile

Exactly on being a bully - same with the county court system on foreclosures. The law no longer matters. It's only about who controls the guns and badges. The folks I'm involved with will have a remedy, but it involves more than just papers - when the time is right, it will come out for those who choose sovereignty.

The other option is to pay a lawyer or someone who is connected with the IRS - then they get together and pay everyone off and the problem is lessened. It seems like the way communism must have been. It has zilcho to do with the law.

After the election, I'm hearing that the IRS among other agencies will really ramp up as the STS entities will attempt to create the reality they wish. That will surely be a sign that the cabal's days are numbered.

Maybe not the best time to take them on, methinks. No, not a battle I want to fight!
(10-14-2014, 07:45 AM)ScottK Wrote: [ -> ]The other option is to pay a lawyer or someone who is connected with the IRS - then they get together and pay everyone off and the problem is lessened. It seems like the way communism must have been. It has zilcho to do with the law.

Such irony. Either way, people have to be paid off. I had a friend who worked for the city in some kind of pool. She spent several months on one job, in one department of the city government. She was tasked to balance their particular budget. The problem was, she could not account for 2 million (approx). 2 million was missing and after several months they just moved her on to something else and gave it up.

(10-14-2014, 07:45 AM)ScottK Wrote: [ -> ]After the election, I'm hearing that the IRS among other agencies will really ramp up as the STS entities will attempt to create the reality they wish. That will surely be a sign that the cabal's days are numbered.

That's depressing. The IRS is already so aggressive. I think I'll move to Costa Rica.
(10-14-2014, 11:55 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]That's depressing. The IRS is already so aggressive. I think I'll move to Costa Rica.

I suspect it'll be more like watching the Three Stooges in operation as more and more gets exposed, and their funding gets cut off. There will only be a very short window when they will be able to operate more aggressively. When there cease to be ramifications for whistleblowing in the federal government, that's when it gets really interesting..

But if you move to Costa Rica, make sure you have air conditioning. You can't watch the shift of the ages without air conditioning. Smile