Bring4th

Full Version: A Novel: The Game by Terry Schott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't finished reading The Game by Terry Schott, but it's so interesting I thought I'd let you know about it. The Kindle edition is available at a good price right now.

It's a kind of science fiction series (more than one book) with this premiss: people live on a planet called Tygon that has no space travel nor any knowledge of aliens. They got so good at video games that they decided that a really magnificent game would replace their educational system. So instead of studying in school and doing homework, every child would go unconscious and wake up being born into a new life not remembering anything and experience a fresh life that would last about, say, 75 "years" on a fictional planet called "Earth." The actual duration for the child would be a few weeks, then they would wake up for awhile and then live succeeding "lives." They would repeat this until adulthood.

Kind of crazy, perhaps, but it has parallels to ideas I read in books about a certain "Law." Did anyone already read the book(s)? I tried searching in the forums and came up empty.
it's zero dollars for Kindle. Can't go wrong with that!

(I guess he hooks you with the first one, then you buy the other volumes Tongue).
(10-18-2014, 06:52 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]it's zero dollars for Kindle. Can't go wrong with that!

(I guess he hooks you with the first one, then you buy the other volumes Tongue).

Yep, and if you don't have a kindle reader you can just download a free kindle app. Cool