Bring4th
My Archetype Project: The Architecture - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archetypes of Mind, Body, & Spirit (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: My Archetype Project: The Architecture (/showthread.php?tid=10228)

My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 01-01-2015

Old: This Resource is no longer available 

Today I have begun a year-long excursion into the archetypes. I call it The Architecture. Each month of the year 2015, I will consider two of the 22 archetypes and the relationship between the two (of which there are 12). On the 1st of each month I will post a detailed description of the two archetypes and their relationship, and on the 15th of each month I will post a reflection on the relevance of the archetypes and their relationship contemporary cultural experiences, both social and personal.

Additionally, I will be writing introductory chapters to give context and a picture of the whole that I have come to call the Architecture. You can subscribe to get email updates if you like. Otherwise, I'll probably just bump this thread with a reminder each time I post.

Without further ado:

(link deleted)

I hope you all enjoy this. I'm pouring a bundle of effort into it.

2019 Update: I abandoned this project in the fall of 2015 when I realized I had made a systematic error in my approach to the archetypes. I got some of them very wrong, which is why I no longer offer this resource. I will integrate the lessons learned from it into my forthcoming revision of the Archetype Workbook. Here is a link to the most recent revision (which does not include material from the Architecture project).

2021 Update: I also abandoned revising the Archetype Workbook when I realized that combining the Architecture project with it would basically require me to write an entirely new work. So I did. You can find my writings on the archetypes here.

And you can download them directly here:

Guided Meditations on the 22 Archetypes
An Archetype Workbook
The Tarot According to Ra (First Draft)

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 01-15-2015

I just posted today's addition: (link deleted). I think you'll find this one interesting because I didn't hold back on the STS versions the way I did in the first.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - Unbound - 01-19-2015

You lost me when you brought in Good and Evil, now it just feels like you're talking about Dungeons and Dragons.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - AnthroHeart - 01-19-2015

(01-19-2015, 05:52 PM)Unbound Wrote: You lost me when you brought in Good and Evil, now it just feels like you're talking about Dungeons and Dragons.

That's funny.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 01-19-2015

Unbound, I use those terms because most people don't have any meaningful context for STO and STS. Good and Evil have more emotional baggage, but they carry the same meanings.

For what it's worth, I intend to write a chapter on it; I just haven't yet.

Edit: Also, D&D, like any other RPG, is designed to emulate the life experience in a fantasy environment, so the D&D association doesn't really bother me that much. To put it differently, D&D is a myth that is directly relevant to the archetypal nature of the human experience.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 02-01-2015

This one is for you (link deleted), Unbound.

I also have to apologize that the schedule has changed slightly. These explanatory chapters are more necessary and need far more attention than I realized, so I'll have to post these chapters on the 1st of each month. On the 15 of each month, I will post a long write-up style chapter on each set of Archetypes. I'll include social topics (drawing from my experience) and now meditation questions (because it was requested of me) at the end of these write-ups.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - Nicholas - 02-05-2015

This is awesome stuff JustLikeYou!

Just one of the several insights that came to me was the actual motive for my original username. I knew it was an expression of an archetype but could not place my finger on which one it was pointing to. I can be incredibly slooooow brained at times it beggers belief!

Your invitation to viewing the first paired archetypes from the perspective of an observing alien interested in human experiences, certainly aids when evil aspects are explored.

Great stuff and many thanks  Heart

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 02-15-2015

I'm scheduled to post an update today, but it is simply not ready. I am, after all, at the mercy of the muse. The upcoming chapter on the Mother and Father archetypes is mostly written but also mostly unedited.

I've delayed posting it for two weeks already, so hopefully those of you who are looking forward to it can wait one week more.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - Plenum - 02-16-2015

(02-15-2015, 09:38 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: I'm scheduled to post an update today, but it is simply not ready. I am, after all, at the mercy of the muse. The upcoming chapter on the Mother and Father archetypes is mostly written but also mostly unedited.

I've delayed posting it for two weeks already, so hopefully those of you who are looking forward to it can wait one week more.

no pressure mate.  Whenever the time is ready.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 02-21-2015

The next essay is complete, at long last! I present: (link deleted).

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - Shawnna - 02-21-2015

Just discovered your site.  

Heart Heart Heart  

this.....

"...this entire enterprise is merely a charade that you and I are playing in which I pretend to be smart and you pretend to be interested."

Really looking forward to digging in deep. 

Smile

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - Shemaya - 02-21-2015

Excited to read it Joseph. I can see how much work you have and are putting into this project . wow!

It's a little bit heavy for me....meaning I have to think really hard to understand... Smile.... However, I appreciate your work. I have done extensive personal processing with these two archetypes. It's cool to see a completely different perspective on them.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - Shemaya - 02-26-2015

Just have to say....

Totally brilliant!!

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 03-24-2015

I've just posted a new essay on (link deleted).

I can't really promise these essays on the 15th of the month anymore, nor can I promise anything in particular on the 1st. Expect one a month and my target will be the 15th, but history shows I'm likely to be late.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 06-07-2015

Hi everyone, I forgot to post a link to my most recent essay (more than a month ago). Here it is: (link deleted). This essay covers Archetypes #6 and #7, the Two Paths and the Chariot. I was supposed to have an essay on the next two (Justice and the Hermit) complete by now, but I don't. It's in the works.

Also, if you're reading this, Andi, I got your email but I couldn't email you back. For some reason gmail won't recognize your email address. Anyway, I think I fixed the issue you were having with viewing pages.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 06-27-2015

Just finished this one. It's on Justice and the Hermit, or Balance and Wisdom as Ra calls them. (link deleted)

Enjoy.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - Plenum - 06-27-2015

(06-27-2015, 11:31 AM)JustLikeYou Wrote: Just finished this one. It's on Justice and the Hermit, or Balance and Wisdom as Ra calls them. Experimentation: The Wild One and the Researcher

Enjoy.

truly an astonishing document you've put together here Joseph.

I love the identification of the Potentiator of the Body ('Wisdom') as the Researcher.  Extremely apt; and it really clarifies that archetype for me.

I haven't had a chance to comment previously: but the website looks great in it's layout, very easy to read, and the way you've broken up the essay into segments, and also added appropriate images makes it extremely pleasing to read and digest.  The segments are not too short to be insubstantial, but not too long so that it looks like an unbroken wall of screen text.  As a fan of Bach and musical structure, I can appreciate the textual equivalents of balanced and intersecting components.  It looks great, but more than that, it's a condensation, physically, of a well-ordered, and a well-developed consciousness.  Blue-ray activity to the max!

I also appreciate the interspersing of personal material; it allows the concepts to be brought back to grounded experience, and given a unique context ("the story") that only you can relate.

So really well done, and thanks for your document.  (y)

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - Karl - 06-28-2015

I want to dive in but I think my mind might explode.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 09-07-2015

I've just published my latest addition to this project. My treatment of the Wheel and the Enchantress (archetypes 10 and 11) is covered under the heading of (link deleted). Enjoy.

Karl, it's lengthy and it's rough around the edges (because it is a first draft), but I do my best to make it accessible in the ways that my threads in this forum are not.

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - The_Tired_Philosopher - 09-08-2015

Can I ask what, if any, advice you might have for becoming, or I guess Ennacting each Archetype?

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 09-08-2015

First you have to be familiar with the archetype. That comes only through study.

Second, you cultivate the virtues associated with the Archetype. In the case of the Warrior, whom I have just posted about, you must be prepared to act at a moment's notice, you must have a strength of conviction sufficient to sacrifice your life for your cause, and you must pay careful attention to the consequences of your actions so that you never use more force than necessary.

Third, you must become sensitive to the moments when the archetype activates within you. When the archetype activates, that is the appropriate moment to become it. We all do this without thinking about it, but most of us become what I call an "unbalanced archetype," or a distorted version of it. Thus, we typically become either a Brute or a Coward rather than a Hero when the Warrior activates within us.

Finally, you must cultivate all the other archetypes so that you can anticipate the moments when the archetype is needed rather than passively awaiting its activation within you.

_______ - GentleWanderer - 02-24-2017

_______

RE: My Archetype Project: The Architecture - JustLikeYou - 05-16-2017

Hey, I'm sorry it took so long for me to notice this (and to update this thread).

Long story short, I think I made lots of mistakes in writing this work: so many that I stopped halfway through after deciding that I couldn't just revise it to fix the mistakes.

Anyway, I switched hosts and accidentally lost the subdomain database where I had the Architecture project; however, I didn't lose the work; I just lost that subdomain. Consequently, all the links in this thread are broken.

This is a link that works:

(link deleted)

2019 Update: I no longer offer this resource because I believe it to offer incorrect information.