Bring4th
Adequate Income? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Adequate Income? (/showthread.php?tid=10998)

Adequate Income? - Plenum - 06-01-2015

we are in the sort of society where it takes money to satisfy our desires.

And by that, I mean that there is a monetary cost in being able to purchase the situation where we can be able to experience what we consider our Desires.

For eg, if you have a favourite band and want to see them in concert, it's likely that ticket prices for major cities will start from $100 and up.  They can easily go into the $300 and $400 range depending on how famous they are.

That's not an insignificant cost.  And depending on how you spend your income in the rest of your life, it can be a juggling act.

Very few people are in the situation where they can satisfy ALL their desires (desires that have a monetary cost), without any consideration of how it affects their overall finances.

And so one ends up in the situation where certain desires that have a financial cost can't go satisfied in the present moment.

What to do?

* somehow analyze the desire, and convince yourself that you don't really want to experience it

* be angry that you can't afford to experience it

* maybe find more income

- -

This is a particularly pertinent issue when it comes to home ownership.  In my city (Sydney) the median house price is approaching a million dollars.  For people who want to have a family, and want the security of owning their own home, this is a desire, quite frankly, that is almost untenable.  They are then faced with moving to a cheaper city, and having to change jobs, or move very far out to the fringes of Sydney, and have excessive commute times.

- -

it should be noted, that not all desires have a monetary cost associated with them.  In fact, if we can debrainwash ourselves from a consumer mindset, maybe it's possible to experience many desires without the financial cost (a loving relationship/partnership, for eg).

But there is definitely the situation where things like travel and experiencing a different 'strata'/location of society has a distinct financial ticket attached to it.

And then one is faced with the existential question: why is this desire out of my reach?

RE: Adequate Income? - AnthroHeart - 06-01-2015

My greatest desires are free. Smile

RE: Adequate Income? - Reaper - 06-01-2015

I have what I would consider to be a hierarchy of desire. There are the very important things at the top that I refuse to do without, that I am willing to sacrifice other desires for, and at the bottom are things that I might enjoy but don't necessarily feel that I need. Whenever I pursue a desire this hierarchy is taken into consideration. If lower desires don't come into conflict with the higher ones, I pursue them at my leisure, but if something I want gets in the way of something I need, then I sacrifice the lower desire. To me it's all a matter of having one's priorities established.

RE: Adequate Income? - Plenum - 06-01-2015

thanks Yera.  I think that's a great way of looking at it.

Not all desires, at the end of the day, are created equal, and are equally important to us.

RE: Adequate Income? - AnthroHeart - 06-01-2015

Or should I say my whacky desires are free. Or they will never be fulfilled.

My normal desires are satisfied by my income. I'm not left wanting.

RE: Adequate Income? - neutral333 - 06-03-2015

Desires that are slightly unattainable is much more bothersome than desires that you see as completely unattainable. But the fact that it is just out of your reach will often push you to either work harder or expand your self-imposed limitation. This desire is what keeps us progressing and to finally "bring4th".

RE: Adequate Income? - anagogy - 06-03-2015

For better or for worse, my desires are fairly meager (read: boring by most people's standards) so affording them is not a big issue.  I mostly desire knowledge, so I buy a lot of books.  There are piles of books around my residence, because I'm always moving from one to another and then back.  

My attention deficit disorder is of a fairly advanced degree. BigSmile

RE: Adequate Income? - Minyatur - 06-03-2015

(06-03-2015, 11:17 PM)anagogy Wrote: For better or for worse, my desires are fairly meager (read: boring by most people's standards) so affording them is not a big issue.  I mostly desire knowledge, so I buy a lot of books.  There are piles of books around my residence, because I'm always moving from one to another and then back.  

My attention deficit disorder is of a fairly advanced degree.  BigSmile

Attention deficit disorder is bliss.  BigSmile

RE: Adequate Income? - TheFifty9Sound - 06-04-2015

I'd like to share a perspective on this -

In the story of Adam and Eve, the original sin is perceived as the disobeying of God's instruction to not eat from the tree. However, I would propose another theory, that the original sin was in fact the adoption of the false concept of lack. The snake, who in a way was the first ever salesman, convinces Eve of what she is not and what she does not have. In short.. she is not enough. Eve saw that the tree was "desirable for gaining wisdom". When she and Adam adopted this belief, their perception of personal inequities began to grow, demonstrated by the new sense of nakedness. 

This theme is carried on through Genesis as a source of conflict - Cain kills Abel because he lacks God's favour, Sarah send Hagar and Ishmael away because she doesn't want Ishmael to "share in the inheritance" of Isaac, Jacob steals Esau's blessing for himself.. It goes on. Of course, the stories are slightly more complex than that, but the theme remains - They have what I lack, and there is not enough to go around. I want God's favour. I want the whole inheritance. I want the blessing.

Of course, Jesus tried to counter this false perception. He demonstrated so by the feeding multitudes of 4000 and 5000 with just a few small fish and a few loaves bread. The disciples were sure there was not enough to go around, however they picked up baskets and baskets of leftovers.

Therefore, to address the original question - 

Quote:And then one is faced with the existential question: why is this desire out of my reach?

I would suggest a better question would be.. If we all have God's favour, if we all share in the inheritance of infinity, if we are all blessed..  Why do I desire this at all?

RE: Adequate Income? - VanAlioSaldo - 06-04-2015

And for those who kill their desires like I do it comes down to needing versus wanting in a basic survival priority.

That i cannot live in comfort without being in discomfort the other quarter+ of the time, I'd call that surviving, not living.

I wanted a lot of things, now i don't really want anything but what I've already got and a partner and to be myself as best I can.  Yet even i block myself on those things.

So its not about money sometimes when it comes to certain desires.  Sometimes its just the way life is on Earth.  Money is more important than life in this world.

I hope its changing.

Killing a desire is like destroying your own story while editting it.  You think there's no other way, because youd rather do this than alter anything else.

RE: Adequate Income? - Jeremy - 06-04-2015

Honestly after all the financial stress I have had over the last few years, finally getting to a point where I'm not stressed has been a godsend. The new found desires have actually been more core changes that I desired without the materialistic aspect which has been another positive attribute. Sure I'd really like to have a newer car that I didn't fear will break down on me at any given moment but I don't worry about it as much anymore. I've come to accept that I'm right where I need to be at every given moment.

The desires that have been met were things like finally being able to afford to eat pretty much exclusive organic and non-gmo foods, our daily golden milk drink including a $10 bottle of raw local honey which is quite expensive compared to normal honey. Finally being able to take a mini vacation in a decade, being able to see my favorite bands in concert and finally making it to homecoming. Experience is the only desire I have and it feels wonderful to have that ability that I hope all are Abel to eventually experience.

I am also in talks with the director of my department to borrow our digital portable xray unit we use for a local college football team and travel to central America with an ER doctor who does mission trips. He's always wanted real xray techs to come along who know what they're doing and we can also help in other ways which will be an awesome experience.

RE: Adequate Income? - Bluebell - 06-04-2015

(06-01-2015, 08:57 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: Or should I say my whacky desires are free. Or they will never be fulfilled.

stop putting ur furry desires down. they're not whacky. believe in ur dreams. one day u'll be a furry, barely remembering those funny hairless apes on another planet.

RE: Adequate Income? - turtledude23 - 06-08-2015

Since we're here to adapt to the world as it is and somehow express our compassion within those confines, rather than try to change the world, then we also need to adapt to whatever economic system we've incarnated into.

We obviously need enough money for food, water, shelter, and clothing. But we also experience greater difficulty adapting to the imperfections of life on Earth than people who have been here much longer, and money can provide material comfort, which in turn makes us less stressed out and more inclined to engage in polarizing activities. Ra said that Tesla wanted people to have light bulbs because then they would have more free time for whatever they want, rather than spending every waking moment working on a farm.

In an ideal world no one would have to do jobs they don't like and money either wouldn't exist at all or would just be a formality because everyone would have enough. But if this was an ideal world we probably wouldn't come here in the first place. So I think the key is finding a comfortable balance between becoming a zombie who watches TV all day, and becoming someone who rebels against everything because nothing is perfect enough. It's a tough balance to live out if someone is sensitive, but most of us have at least 80 years to try our best.

RE: Adequate Income? - Bourbon Betty - 06-09-2015

(06-04-2015, 07:41 AM)Bluebell Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 08:57 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: Or should I say my whacky desires are free. Or they will never be fulfilled.

stop putting ur furry desires down. they're not whacky. believe in ur dreams. one day u'll be a furry, barely remembering those funny hairless apes on another planet.

*blinks*

I'm sure you'll get there, I didn't believe that shape shifters really could do some of the things they do until I met a few either, I have no doubt you'll be able to turn into a wolf at some point, it will jus take time *pats the little wolf*

RE: Adequate Income? - Namaste - 06-09-2015

> And then one is faced with the existential question: why is this desire out of my reach?

Nothing is out of anyone's reach, anything that can be dreamed here is attainable, otherwise the dream wouldn't be possible.

While many don't like that idea, as it forces one to look at one's current situation truthfully (if unafraid to), it can help identify (through the feelings of resentment or anger) the belief systems that are holding that situation away. Many negative belief systems are unconscious; hidden from the owner. They are easily identified; you feel negative when they're used.

There is also a question of relevance; is that desire relevant to your needs (and pre-incarnate contracts/choices) in this incarnation. If it is, it's much 'easier' to attain and synchronicity (as long as you're on the 'right' path) aligns effortlessly.

RE: Adequate Income? - meadow-foreigner - 03-16-2022

As all questions, dependable on the perspective of the answerer.

Consider the following:

• Money is potential energy. Until used (e.g.: traded), it can buy anything. If not used, it depreciates on several rates (i.e.: inflation, automation, foreign politics).

• Thus, on a limitless currency society (fiat) and a limited resource transformation society (wisdom), things tend to be stratified second to fiat quantity (that, itself, is a trendline derivative of remaining time left of a social system's available manlabor).

Thus, ponzi schemes arise 'darwinistically' as a consequence of an incompetent (e.g.: scarce) social system. Hence, separation-inducing tactics are employed for manipulation of masses (i.e.: fascism*, gender**). Inb4 cognitive dissonance.

¤ If money flowed endlessly in optimal directions, there would be no potential energy loss (e.g.: theoretical superconductors with no thermal transformation loss). 
To achieve that, money would have to be either intelligent by itself, supplying all people at the right time with optimal amounts of most currency (thus begetting system optimality), or, money institutions would have to be optimally intelligent themselves, supplying all people at the right time with optimal amounts of most currency.

Neither aforementioned conditions are true. Therefore, the money system is based on predatism to sustain itself: like viruses.

> Finally, if your perspective is predatory, your answer is simple: destroy and conquest.
> If your perspective is positive: you're still hopeless, and every ounce of money you get depends on external validation (e.g.: someone buying into your masking).

* That which is apparent, politically.
** That which is apparent, socially.

So long;

RE: Adequate Income? - Patrick - 03-17-2022

There exists solutions. Like this one for example.

https://www.eosprojects.com/fairness-and-energy-accounting.html

RE: Adequate Income? - tadeus - 03-17-2022

The picture looks like that the solution is to let children work CrackingUp

RE: Adequate Income? - aWanderer91 - 03-17-2022

Ego desires are very different to the desires of our higher self, who's main desires focus around spiritual fulfillment and being aware, all desires are effortlessly fulfilled from this state of consciousness.

We don't always get what we want from the egos perspective but we always get what we need from the perspective of the higher self. In this way, our true desires are already being fulfilled and will be fulfilled further if we are able to let go and allow abundance to naturally arise in our lives.

My main point is, if you are able to let go in life without trying to control it in any way, what's meant to be for you will be effortlessly (whether that is a friend buying you a ticket to a concert, or you manage to get them cheaper because you can't afford it etc). What's not meant to be for you will never be, no matter how hard the ego tries.

To simplify further, if one focuses on being spiritually aware and becomes aware. Abundance (including recieving money if that's what you need) becomes natural and effortless.

RE: Adequate Income? - Patrick - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 08:42 AM)tadeus Wrote: The picture looks like that the solution is to let children work CrackingUp

Except their "work" would be what we currently call schooling. They would "work" on whatever they wish. Just playing, creating music, arts, learning about what interests them... or just creating a better future for all of us. Because they certainly know what is best, but we don't listen. Wink

RE: Adequate Income? - flofrog - 03-17-2022

About children finding good balance there was this iterating book by Michaeleen Doucleff , Hunter, Gather, Parent, who studied raising children by Mexican, Inuit and Tasmanian families and how children very early start to participate into the life of the family, very early on, cooking, cleaning, taking care of neighbors and other community things...