Bring4th
Episode #22 - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research's Law of One Podcast (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Episode #22 (/showthread.php?tid=12198)

Episode #22 - Bring4th_Austin - 12-02-2015

Episode #22

Click here to read this episode's transcript.

In this episode, we discuss:
- All about grace - what is it? How does it apply to the spiritual path? How is it relevant to the Law of One?

Feel free to discuss this episode in this thread!

RE: Episode #22 - rva_jeremy - 12-03-2015

I really enjoyed this episode (not least because of how it ended!). Like Austin, I don't think about "grace" a lot--it seems a very tied up in Christian Theology with a capital-T. And yet it also seems like one of the purer concepts of unconditional love in that tradition.

But the Q'uo excerpt about grace being a natural state of balance, something you allow yourself to become aware of, and something that therefore--like in the Christian tradition--is not earned or merited but simply is, really struck me. I don't recall the exact excerpt (need to re-listen to get the reference) but it really struck a chord with experiences I've had in the past.

If you are having an episode of clarity and balance in your life--something you cannot reconcile with your normal sense of being--the feeling of energy flowing freely that comes from balance feels like something coming from without. It's amazing the way the Confederation essentially seems to explain this as a case of questionable cause, or confusing cause with effect, or more precisely, a question of standpoint. From the point of view of separation, where worthiness is even a thing, it is something being bestowed from without. From the point of view of unity, where you are inherently worthy, it is simply perceiving reality. Fascinating!

Great job guys! I'll have some more questions coming soon.

RE: Episode #22 - Nicholas - 12-07-2015

Yes I enjoyed it too. Nice to hear from JP again! (I always used to wonder if he was a Bring4th member, and if so, who?)

When Gary used the term "Grace is the other half of effort", it really resonated with me because it seemed to imply a type of union. That even the Creator is powerless to help us unless we reach out with effort to help ourselves. 

It also reminded me of the Footprints poem.

[Image: 5367609_f520.jpg]

RE: Episode #22 - Steppingfeet - 12-09-2015

(12-07-2015, 04:36 PM)Nicholas Wrote: Yes I enjoyed it too. Nice to hear from JP again! (I always used to wonder if he was a Bring4th member, and if so, who?)

JP's not on the forums. Just reaches us by email every now and then, though when we had the live version he used to call in.

(12-07-2015, 04:36 PM)Nicholas Wrote: When Gary used the term "Grace is the other half of effort", it really resonated with me because it seemed to imply a type of union. That even the Creator is powerless to help us unless we reach out with effort to help ourselves.

That's a really good way to put it, I think. : )

Though grace is, according to the concept, something that comes to us or through us without being seemingly earned or deserved, I think that even grace - or, as it might be perceived, help from the Creator - arrives as a function, somehow on some level, of our own free will.

(12-03-2015, 11:34 PM)jeremy6d Wrote: From the point of view of separation, where worthiness is even a thing, it is something being bestowed from without.  From the point of view of unity, where you are inherently worthy, it is simply perceiving reality.

That is a pithy, powerful, and precise way to put it. I'm gonna try to hang onto that one.

Look forward to your excellent questions, J!