Bring4th
Episode #24 - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research's Law of One Podcast (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Episode #24 (/showthread.php?tid=12258)

Episode #24 - Bring4th_Austin - 12-16-2015

Episode #24

Click here to read this episode's transcript.

In this episode, we discuss:
- Parenting - How can we introduce children to spirituality and the Law of One? How does an understanding of Law of One influence parenting?
*Featuring special guest Lana! (aka forum member Ankh)

Feel free to discuss this episode in this thread!

RE: Episode #24 - Jeremy - 12-16-2015

Excellent program! Very insightful, especially Lana's input which is definitely excellent points to consider regarding my daughter and my girlfriends children.

RE: Episode #24 - zvonimir - 12-17-2015

looking forward to listen to it ,same question has been growing in me for some time .....

+5

RE: Episode #24 - Bring4th_Austin - 12-20-2015

We were so happy and grateful to have Lana join us to share her insight on raising children and the Law of One. Her wisdom, compassion, and respect shines through, and we had a great time.

RE: Episode #24 - Ankh - 12-26-2015

Thanks, Austin! I enjoyed it a lot myself, although I was quite nervous during the show!

I also learned more about this topic myself when listening to the show afterwards. It is indeed one of the most important issues to consider and to learn/teach if one is having kids. Smile

RE: Episode #24 - Jeremy - 12-26-2015

You sound exactly how I imagined Smile

RE: Episode #24 - Jeremy - 12-26-2015

Oh I forgot to mention that my girlfriend really took what you said to heart. She even mentioned it tonight. She consciously listens to the girl more and attempts to think of it from a Law of One perspective.

We just need to figure out how to optimally implement what you've said.

She even mentioned it's too bad you haven't written a book, which could be an excellent Avenue for you to explore Smile

RE: Episode #24 - Ankh - 12-27-2015

(12-26-2015, 08:45 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Oh I forgot to mention that my girlfriend really took what you said to heart. She even mentioned it tonight. She consciously listens to the girl more and attempts to think of it from a Law of One perspective.

We just need to figure out how to optimally implement what you've said.

She even mentioned it's too bad you haven't written a book,  which could be an excellent Avenue for you to explore Smile

Thanks, Jeremy! It's a great idea to write a book about it, but I don't see myself as an expert in this area to the point of writing a book! BigSmile I do like to share about it though, as it helps me to learn more, like it did through this show for instance.

How old is your girlfriend's daughter? Is your girlfriend into the Law of One too? That's so awesome in that case! Did she read Ra material? What did she think? Jim made this comment in his Journal yesterday which made me to laugh so hard:

"Mr. Meredith, himself, took the time to respond to our request with a three-page, single-spaced, typed letter telling us why our book had no chance of success on the open market. He said that the terminology and sentence construction that those of Ra used was as dense as the New England Journal of Medicine or a German manual on epistemology."

Indeed, I guess that the language which Ra used is a sort of an obstacle for many.

Good luck with implementing it into your everyday life! I guess that it takes a lot of patience, understanding and willingness to learn. But as I mentioned in the show, the bond or relationship between the parent and the child is magical in that way that it provides great opportunity to learn the Law of One in a deeper way because one is trying to teach it to the child. And personally I also find that it is easier to be completely open and honest with the child than an adult, as the child is more open-minded and not condiotioned by society yet.

And if you or your girlfriend want to discuss anything about this topic with me, you know where to find me! This topic is of great interest to me and I take every opportunity to learn more about it! Smile

RE: Episode #24 - Jeremy - 12-27-2015

My girlfriend is a little ways through book 2. She's having quite the time understanding the terminology just as that writer mentioned to Jim lol.

Sometimes it bothers me that she hasn't grasp it as intensely as I had but I've noticed, especially on the Law of One Facebook page, that there are a ton of people that have difficulties with the intensive language of the material. I guess those with a less developed vocabulary or reading something in another language can inhibit such comprehension.

I've thought about having reading sessions with her so that she can say stop and allow me to explain it but I'm hesitant on doing so due to the personalized nature of the material and possible infringement into how she might perceive a statement as opposed to me.

These forums are chalk full of different interpretations of a single sentence so I'm still attempting to weigh the pros and cons of such a joint reading session.

As for her daughter, she is 9 and was raised within the Baptist Church. Practically her entire life, my girlfriend was a pretty devout Christian so we are attempting to find the balance between not mentioning the specifics and implementing what you said about focusing upon the service to others, considering others feelings, etc. We both really dug the morning and night prayers and dinner sessions. Getting them to analyze each day is an awesome way to consciously pay attention to life.

The sticking point will be if she starts to ask why but I guess we can figure that part out when it comes. She's nowhere near as inquisitive as my daughter though so she's a bit more impressionable and will accept stuff at face value more than questioning it so we will probably have a bit more luck with her.

As for my daughter, well, she is much more in tuned with considering others and doing for others. She even made every cousin a little Xmas card with various drawings. She definitely enjoys doing for other as opposed to my girlfriends daughter who is a bit selfish and inconsiderate.
She is also much much more inquisitive. I can see so much of myself in her it's frightening. She wants to know the why's and how's and if she isn't fulfilled with an answer or legitimate reason for something, she won't retain it. So she's gonna be a bit tricky. Especially in regard to her mother who's completely against it.

I will say for those that do have or wanting to have children. Do not get in to specifics at an early age. My daughter was 5 at the time. I was instructed by a medium that a good way to get her in to spirituality would be a book called mountains, Meadows, and moonbeams. Its a pretty good book but definitely different than the Law of One. It is a good introduction though into seeing the Creator as everything. We got through the first few pages and I had her explain it which she did. By the time I dropped her off at her mother's house, she had completely rearranged every aspect of what we read. When my ex recited what she said, it made absolutely no sense. My ex of course is an entirely different matter since she became quite upset I was trying to teach her about religion as she called it. My attempts to explain the difference between spirituality and religion were useless.

I could only imagine what it would be like to have both parents as spiritual guides rather than Lana and I's situation but it's happened for a reason and it may be so as Lana mentioned. That they are able to receive both sides of the same coin so to speak and are able to freely choose their path rather than be a bit indoctrinated if both parents were spiritual.

RE: Episode #24 - Ankh - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 10:47 AM)Jeremy Wrote: My girlfriend is a little ways through book 2. She's having quite the time understanding the terminology just as that writer mentioned to Jim lol.

Sometimes it bothers me that she hasn't grasp it as intensely as I had but I've noticed,  especially on the Law of One Facebook page,  that there are a ton of people that have difficulties with the intensive language of the material. I guess those with a less developed vocabulary or reading something in another language can inhibit such comprehension. 

Wow! That's so awesome, Jeremy! That you could find a girl with whom you have such a great realtionship, and she's been through the Book 1 already!

Well, I was reading this material in my third language, and still it made more sense than anything else in my life. In fact, this was what I was looking for in my whole life. But that doesn't mean that everyone receive it in the same way. The fact that she is already through the Book 1, makes me to think that she is a keeper! Big times! BigSmile

Quote:I've thought about having reading sessions with her so that she can say stop and allow me to explain it but I'm hesitant on doing so due to the personalized nature of the material and possible infringement into how she might perceive a statement as opposed to me.

These forums are chalk full of different interpretations of a single sentence so I'm still attempting to weigh the pros and cons of such a joint reading session.

But that's how you truly learn what is said in the material, imho! When you try to teach it - for intance, by going through pieces of it with her - she will question you, and she will challenge you, also like children do; and then many times you would be standing there without an answer, and that's how learning and humbling process begin, imo. I believe that it is very, very good to try to teach this philosophy to someone else, because many times I found myself "knowing" something, when in fact, I didn't. And it is through the process of this questioning and challenging that I learned more and that I understood that I didn't know anything actually, and then could teach or share perhaps what is in my heart in a more humble and (I hope) more undistorted way...

Anyway, I think that it would be a great idea to start reading sessions with her, and begin to go through them together.

Also, I believe that if one is humble and does really try to understand that the understanding of what Ra said is personal and does not mean that this understanding is how they actually meant it - in short that one does not have any attachments to how others understand this material - one can teach/learn or learn/teach this material as much as one is capable of this act!

Quote:As for her daughter, she is 9 and was raised within the Baptist Church. Practically her entire life, my girlfriend was a pretty devout Christian so we are attempting to find the balance between not mentioning the specifics and implementing what you said about focusing upon the service to others, considering others feelings, etc. We both really dug the morning and night prayers and dinner sessions. Getting them to analyze each day is an awesome way to consciously pay attention to life.

I think that you can mention as many specifics as you would want, but as I mentioned in the show, it needs to be done with respect to Free Will of the child and others. If the child is interested, then you can rant about as many specifics as you would want! But at the same reminding the child that it is "one truth" among many others, and that the child (or adult) can at any time choose to believe at anything else. It will not loose your love or acceptance or approval would it choose anything else. And then, if the child (or adult) chooses to follow your path of teachings of Ra, then it has to consider the Free Will of others, so it won't run around and rant about these things in an indiscriminate way to others, as their Free Will needs to be considered in turn.

Quote:She wants to know the why's and how's and if she isn't fulfilled with an answer or legitimate reason for something, she won't retain it.

But the thing is that these why's and how's are an asset, because they are a sign of interest! These questions are your gateway to explain more, tell more, learn more, teach more... Right?

Quote:I will say for those that do have or wanting to have children. Do not get in to specifics at an early age. My daughter was 5 at the time. I was instructed by a medium that a good way to get her in to spirituality would be a book called mountains, Meadows, and moonbeams. Its a pretty good book but definitely different than the Law of One. It is a good introduction though into seeing the Creator as everything. We got through the first few pages and I had her explain it which she did.

But the thing is that each person is so different, and you don't want know how each would perceive this or that information from you until you try? Just by writing this post, I perceive that I learn more! One thing is that I will try to read Ra material for my daughter at the next best opportunity in Swedish and just watch her reaction when reading this small piece, to see if she is ready. I don't think that one can know whether another self is ready for certain things for sure, until you try to drop a little pearl and see how well it is received, right?

Quote: By the time I dropped her off at her mother's house, she had completely rearranged every aspect of what we read. When my ex recited what she said, it made absolutely no sense. My ex of course is an entirely different matter since she became quite upset I was trying to teach her about religion as she called it. My attempts to explain the difference between spirituality and religion were useless.

I believe that I told you in the past that I've been through the same situations too, with my daughter's dad. He could call me and ask not to share my philosophy with her. But I told him that my belief is as legitimated as his. These are all just belief systems, whether you are a Law of One student, Christian, or atheist. As long as the child is presented with a choice of believe whatever it desires to, then no wrong has been done to it or any otherself, imho. It's been a while ago now that he has called me about this reason, so I hope that he got my message! BigSmile

I hope to see you and your girlfriend this year at the Homecoming, which I will attend this year again, insh Allah! It would be an awesome meeting me thinks!

Lots of love,
Lana.

RE: Episode #24 - Jade - 12-28-2015

Great discussion guys! I don't have any input on how to teach the Law of One to children, but I've been teaching it to my husband for a couple of years now with great success. He has not read the books (he fears that if he does, it won't make enough sense to him and he will want to contradict me more) but he is patient and listens when I present to him metaphysical concepts, and I see the wheels turning in his head in a way that everything makes sense on a deep level, like it does when one reads the book. So, I think maybe someday he will read the books, and I look forward to that, but I've never pressured him once. But I still, almost every day, present to him my philosophy and he's pretty down. I'm pretty sure I have helped him step from the sinkhole of indifference to the path of the dedicated open heart. He even told me once, "Before you, I didn't know it could feel so good to be nice to people." !!

I think what it is, is that he sees how powerfully moving the books have been for me. Before them, I was literally killing myself in the martyr vibrations in dedication to serving others. Once I read the LOO I realized many of my follies, and I have gained a lot of strength developing my yellow, blue, and indigo chakras. He's seen that transformation so he boarded the train, though he didn't read the itinerary, he's still along for the ride. Smile

I have no doubt that those of us who have an affinity for 'teaching' paired up with those who desire to learn more from a teacher than a book. Absorbing information through text is not in everyone's skillset. But, we all are able to learn from the being of others. So, those of us here who are in love with the words of Ra got the jobs of the thorough book study, and then we have to try our best to make ourselves visible to those who have lined up to get the information from us, second hand.

One tiny piece of advice that I think is good to advocate in relation to teaching someone complex philosophical concepts like the Law of One: Let the "student" come to realizations "on their own". What I mean is, even if you have thoroughly explained a concept in depth, and the person you explained it to has a moment much later where they come the that realization, seemingly to themselves, on their own, there's no reason to glom on to that moment, with a "yeah, that's what I've been saying!" or anything of the like. Encourage the learning from within, and from the self, and the trusting of one's own knowing. Teaching is about planting the seed and opening a door to a different line of thinking. The student still has to choose to walk through each door themselves. Cultivating the confidence to walk through that door on their own is a big part of that teaching process.

I'm have no doubt that both of you are excellent teachers to your little ones/SOs. It has been really fun and awesome for me to watch my husband blossom and, even without reading the Law of One, dedicate himself to the same end-goal that I have. I think raising kids with this philosophy would be a fun challenge. I just also want to make sure people know that it is totally possible to teach someone the Law of One and inspire them enough to desire to polarize without them even comprehending what the term polarity means in context.