Bring4th
Stalled Progress? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Stalled Progress? (/showthread.php?tid=12837)

Stalled Progress? - Plenum - 04-28-2016

I am not so much asking for myself, but just putting the general idea out there.  

What do you do when you think you've stalled, in terms of your progress?

For me, my go to place is Dreams.  I know that Meditation is often suggested as the place where you can quiet the Mind, and then inspiration can speak, but for me, the Dreams speak truer and the symbolism is so delicate, appropriate, and undevisable by the conscious mind alone, that it always offers clues as to blockages, where to focus next, what is most important to me at the particular point in time.  And the greater the stalling (during a work day, over multiple days), the greater the Calling for a Response is.  But that's just me.  For others, I'm sure that using chemical substances as an aid is much more readily available, and has been 'tuned' as a process as well.

But what say ye?  Is patience enough, when you think you've hit a wall in terms of moving forward, and feeling satisfied with the changes and personal growth?

54.3 Wrote:We may suggest that in order to progress, a state of some dissatisfaction will be present, thus giving the entity the stimulus for further seeking. This dissatisfaction, nervousness, or angst, if you will, is not of itself useful. Thus its use is indirect.

how about using the Law of One site, to throw up a random passage Tongue

RE: Stalled Progress? - Nicholas - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 05:40 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: how about using the Law of One site, to throw up a random passage Tongue

This one came up...

Quote:91.37 - Ra: I am Ra. This is a fairly adequate statement. The term “efficient” might also fruitfully be replaced by the term “undistorted.” The archetypical mind, when penetrated lucidly, is a blueprint of the builded structure of all energy expenditures and all seeking, without distortion. This, as a resource within the deep mind, is of great potential aid to the adept.

RE: Stalled Progress? - AnthroHeart - 04-28-2016

I get stalled when I don't see physical progress. When I focus on one thing for so long but nothing happens.

RE: Stalled Progress? - anagogy - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 05:40 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: But what say ye?  Is patience enough, when you think you've hit a wall in terms of moving forward, and feeling satisfied with the changes and personal growth?

I think you reach a point where you have to go outside of your comfort zone to grow more. Patience is usually not enough, in my experience.

You have to first identify *what* you want of life. This isn't about selfishness or the lack thereof, its about: what experiences do you think will make you feel whole?

Without at least a general desire to give you direction, we are like ships without a compass and no wind, drifting on the ocean. In my opinion, virtually all stagnation results from not clearly identifying the desires that are already there, yet not consciously acknowledged. So for me, I attempt to become more aware of what I want out of life. When the desires are clearly identified, life starts providing "opportunities" for the desire or avenue of life to be explored. This is where the boundary of the comfort zone becomes exposed, and we will be challenged to grow or retreat back to our box.

Life will open the door, but we then have to meet it half way by walking through it. And it's scary, and challenging, and....that's life, in a nutshell. It takes courage, something that isn't always easy to develop.

RE: Stalled Progress? - Stranger - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 07:50 PM)anagogy Wrote: I think you reach a point where you have to go outside of your comfort zone to grow more. Patience is usually not enough, in my experience.

You have to first identify *what* you want of life. This isn't about selfishness or the lack thereof, its about: what experiences do you think will make you feel whole?

Without at least a general desire to give you direction, we are like ships without a compass and no wind, drifting on the ocean. In my opinion, virtually all stagnation results from not clearly identifying the desires that are already there, yet not consciously acknowledged. So for me, I attempt to become more aware of what I want out of life. When the desires are clearly identified, life starts providing "opportunities" for the desire or avenue of life to be explored. This is where the boundary of the comfort zone becomes exposed, and we will be challenged to grow or retreat back to our box.

Life will open the door, but we then have to meet it half way by walking through it. And it's scary, and challenging, and....that's life, in a nutshell. It takes courage, something that isn't always easy to develop.

A very nice summary that speaks precisely to where I am at this point, anagogy. What to want? What's possible? It's hard to think beyond the present. Any suggestions?

RE: Stalled Progress? - anagogy - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 07:59 PM)Stranger Wrote: A very nice summary that speaks precisely to where I am at this point, anagogy.  What to want?  What's possible?  It's hard to think beyond the present.  Any suggestions?

That's a hard one, Stranger. I think that it is something you have to do some serious soul searching to find out. There were times in my life when I attempted to follow others paths in life because I didn't feel like I had one of my own. I learned that you can't really do that, because the passion just isn't there. We all walk our own path in that respect. There is no right or wrong. Nobody's path is better than another's. There is no comparing to another, the universe blinks neither at the microcosm nor the macrocosm. You have to just identify your curiosities no matter how outlandish and wacky they may seem and take small steps towards exploring them everyday. We never know where they will ultimately lead. When you aren't sure, I find its beneficial to go general for a while and just consciously identify things you already know you want, even if it sounds obviously broad.  Things like: I want more great friends or life companions, I want more spiritual experiences, I want to see more wonderful things, I want to experience more adventure, I want have more wonderful meals.  

Sometimes just activating those simple and general thoughts can start the process of culling out the specifics from our desires.

RE: Stalled Progress? - Spaced - 04-28-2016

When I'm feeling stagnant I find it's usually a good time to search for new material to fuel the fires of imagination. One trick I like is to go to a used book store and see what my intuition leads me to.

RE: Stalled Progress? - Night Owl - 04-28-2016

When I get stuck I do exactly what you did. I go interact on bring4th where growth and progress is encouraged in many different directions. You eventually grow in love and wisdom. You often get inspired too.

RE: Stalled Progress? - Aion - 04-29-2016

I usually try to move some emotion because I believe the flow of life is in sync with that. Usual when I'm feeling stalled or stifled I will feel it emotionally so yelling or screaming is useful.

RE: Stalled Progress? - Bourbon Betty - 04-29-2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r385tMuVwjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k

https://torrentz.eu/search?f=american+beauty

o7

RE: Stalled Progress? - spero - 04-29-2016

Quote:"Once this basic information is received it is not put into practice in the heart and in the life experience but instead rattles about within the mind complex distortions as would a building block which has lost its place and simply rolls from side to side uselessly, yet still the entity calls. Therefore, the same basic information is repeated. Ultimately the entity decides that it is weary of this repetitive information. However, if an entity puts into practice that which it is given, it will not find repetition except when needed."

i get exhilarated by finding new ideas and playing around with them mentally but i struggle or get bored with actually doing the basic exercises. this probably leads to stalled progress till the next batch of ideas stimulate me from another angle

RE: Stalled Progress? - zvonimir - 04-29-2016

the If as a diamond in the rough we were laid away in a drawer for years and years, we would be no different than before. But when it is placed against the grindstone by the lapidary the harsh grinding process removes the last atom of the rough coating and brings out the beautiful, luminous gem. Every one of us is a diamond in the rough, and Creator the Great Lapidary, uses the world as a grindstone which rubs off the rough and ugly coating, allowing our spiritual selves to shine forth and become luminous.

felt kinda appropriate in this moment to post it.....

yap right ear ringing ,haven't heard it in some time ....

Let us not waste our time in longing 
For bright but impossible things. 
Let us not sit supinely waiting
For the sprouting of angel wings. 

Let us not scorn to be rush-lights, 
Everyone can't be a star,
But let us fulfill our mission 
By shining just where we are.

There is need of the tiniest candle 
As well as the garish sun;
And the humblest deed is ennobled 

When it is worthily done.
We may never be called on to brighten 
Those darkened regions afar,
So let us fulfill our mission
By shining just where we are. 

RE: Stalled Progress? - Minyatur - 04-29-2016

On my part, I seek to stall my progress as to appreciate each step along the way. I guess you could call that seeing love in the moment or rather in your present state.

Or maybe I should be seeking dissatisfaction with myself, who knows.

RE: Stalled Progress? - APeacefulWarrior - 04-29-2016

Progress in any discipline -whether we're talking math or piano or spirituality or anything else- is never a linear upwards climb. It's more like a series of steps, with steep rises followed by plateaus. During the "plateau" phases, it might seem like progress has stalled out, but that's rarely the true case. It's a process of consolidating and understanding. The learner reflects on the steps which are behind them, and gains greater mastery of past lessons through reflection. Then, armed with a deeper understanding of the tasks behind them, they gain insight to tackle the next major climb.

It's an important part of learning, these alternating phases of difficult challenges followed by relatively unhurried reflection and practice. A person can't push themselves all the time, and they need those opportunities to rest and reflect.

In my experience, once a student is ready to tackle the next big challenge, they realize it almost instinctively. There's something like the proverbial "lightbulb moment" where they go oooohhhhh and understand how past lessons add up to a solution to the next challenge ahead of them. Then they gain new skills by surmounting that challenge, reach the next plateau, and repeat the process of reflection and understanding.

This is totally natural and normal. Just try to enjoy both phases for their own rewards. The joy of accomplishing a major task, and then the peace that comes from introspection and deeper reflection upon that past task.

RE: Stalled Progress? - rva_jeremy - 04-29-2016

I don't like to worry about progress. I'm trying to have faith that I don't see the whole picture, so there's nothing relative to which I'd measure it. Anything I can do to avoid the trap of self-judgment. Anything, because that is really the signal of "danger" for me, that's when I don't just lose momentum but come to a standstill (or at least move at 90 degrees instead of straight forward towards the "goal" Smile )

RE: Stalled Progress? - ricdaw - 04-29-2016

(04-28-2016, 05:40 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: What do you do when you think you've stalled, in terms of your progress?

I either assume it is not yet time to progress (other things need to happen first) or that rest is necessary (okay, please poke me with a coincidence or something when I need to start paying attention again).

Or, I add to my meditations a calling for "movement."  No particular way or kind, just movement.  I generally visualize the stars; each representing an outcome or event.  Then I pick one at random and "pull" to to me.  Maybe lasso it and tug.  Whatever.  Then I repeat the star exercise again at the next meditation.  Eventually things get unstuck.

Hmm.  I guess my "either" is actually "I do one of these three things."

RE: Stalled Progress? - sjel - 01-28-2017

(04-29-2016, 12:51 PM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: Progress in any discipline -whether we're talking math or piano or spirituality or anything else- is never a linear upwards climb.  It's more like a series of steps, with steep rises followed by plateaus.  During the "plateau" phases, it might seem like progress has stalled out, but that's rarely the true case.  It's a process of consolidating and understanding.  The learner reflects on the steps which are behind them, and gains greater mastery of past lessons through reflection.  Then, armed with a deeper understanding of the tasks behind them, they gain insight to tackle the next major climb.

It's an important part of learning, these alternating phases of difficult challenges followed by relatively unhurried reflection and practice.  A person can't push themselves all the time, and they need those opportunities to rest and reflect.  

In my experience, once a student is ready to tackle the next big challenge, they realize it almost instinctively.  There's something like the proverbial "lightbulb moment" where they go oooohhhhh and understand how past lessons add up to a solution to the next challenge ahead of them.  Then they gain new skills by surmounting that challenge, reach the next plateau, and repeat the process of reflection and understanding.

This is totally natural and normal.  Just try to enjoy both phases for their own rewards.  The joy of accomplishing a major task, and then the peace that comes from introspection and deeper reflection upon that past task.

What if it seems like the stagnant period has gone on past the point of being able to move forward?

RE: Stalled Progress? - Jade - 01-29-2017

IMO that's when you learn to use the will to create new experiences for yourself. If you're stuck in a rut, you need to do something to pull yourself out, or you're just gonna keep on going in that rut.

Do you have any daily spiritual practices, sjel?

RE: Stalled Progress? - anagogy - 01-29-2017

(01-28-2017, 08:51 PM)sjel Wrote: What if it seems like the stagnant period has gone on past the point of being able to move forward?

What does moving forward "look like"? What is "progress"? You don't have to answer, it is just a rhetorical question, but consider that if you have no image, you can't move towards it. A ship sailing without a destination has no way to measure its progress. It just drifts on the sea, and the captain (conscious mind) and crew (subconscious mind) have no idea which way to turn the sails, or even whether they are up in the first place.

Things are always changing, even when it seems like they are not. They are just changing to the same thing over and over and over ad infinitum. Change is the only constant. Thus, the universe is paradoxically changeless in its changingness.

RE: Stalled Progress? - sjel - 01-29-2017

deleted my whole post. the person who posted this four hours ago is dead. i found some joy this evening. I did something different. That is all.

RE: Stalled Progress? - Henosis - 01-30-2017

I perhaps go a different route than others.

As Ra mentioned, I believe a degree of dissatisfaction with the world is required in order to further progress. I feel many spiritual seekers tend to completely abandon the physical world or any attempt to become a conscious sub-Logos and radiate their understanding to others. There is always work to be done and there is always other-selves who are suffering. I don't believe communicating with others via Internet is nearly as effective or "human" as being in person, but I do realize the difficulty in finding such seekers locally.

It is not enough to be aligned with the Logos in thought and speech, but in action as well. It seems the world, psychologically and spiritually, is in a very unhealthy place. When Ra spoke 35 years ago, cable TV, Internet, cell phones, social media, advertising and the vast array of technology were not available and did not yet cause the surge in mental illnesses and psychological diseases that are prevalent today.

I feel the opportunities for progress are endless. Surely there are certain lessons appropriate for each density, and I do believe Ra mentions our density has far more catalysts and opportunities for growth/polarization than others. Perhaps you have learned your lessons for this density.

To keep me "dissatisfied" with the world, I read much STS philosophy to gain a greater understanding of the path which is not. This allowed me to understand the world. I feel truly understanding the opposing viewpoint and counter-argument allows me to polarize further in the opposite direction. More than just understanding and knowing myself, it gave me PURPOSE.

I would not recommend this to everyone. The dark side of the force is strong, seductive, and persuasive. However, the Jedi wouldn't be Jedi if it wasn't for the Sith.

RE: Stalled Progress? - Agua del Cielo - 02-08-2017

I experienced this "stalled progress" and the dissatisfaction many times.
I have come to some observations that now help me a lot in these times:

- its a phase where i need to develop more stability, need to remove emotional residue, develop trust in life and the humans surrounding me, because the next step will most probably a challenging one, where i need as much of a firm base as possible.
This is for example an important stage in therapy, nothing big seems to happen on the outside, but inside trust and the feeling of being safe is developing.
I usually realize the importamce of this, when the new challenge surfaces, more often than not its very challenging and then i realize i wouldnt have been able to deal with it, without the "grounding work", the trust and stability i developed.
Until i reach this point i usually become quite impatient and dissatisfied Smile
-there is something i refuse to look at.
Sometimes i tealize after a while, that there is a blind spot that i refused to look at. Something where i would be unwilling to acknowledge being unconscious, usually because there is heavy self-judgement.
- there is a fear of moving forward. The fear would not be perceivable, but obviously it has to be there somewhere.
Usually this unconscious fear would be fear of the ( unknown at this time) emotions that are about to arise. These would be so challenging that my control system would be working over-hours.
When finally these emotions arise at some point, i completely understand, why i was so controlling.

I regularly practice breathing techniques, these usually help to blow through.
Dreams as mentioned before are also an obvious tool.
When i get stuck, i'll use whatever method i have at hands, intensifying my spiritual practice.

But i think, its important to acknowledge that there would be a (hidden, but when experienced absolutely understandable) reason for the perceived "stalled progress".

Compassion for the self which is afraid, struggling and fearful has proven very helpful for me.

It might help to view ourselves as little child in an overwhelming situation, since mostly this would be the root of it anyway. Understanding and compassion might be easier then.