Bring4th
Accelarated Spiritual Growth - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Wanderer Stories (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Accelarated Spiritual Growth (/showthread.php?tid=14529)

Accelarated Spiritual Growth - Rybo - 05-28-2017

Hi all,

Throughout my years of lurking in various forums--reddit, in particular--I've never felt compelled to create an account and participate in discussion. Until now, that is.

My path of spiritual growth has taken on an accelerated quality over the last eight months, though the seeds of this transformation must have been planted in childhood. I grew up in a conservative, religious family--with a preacher father--and my world views hardly varied from my parents' constrictive paradigm. My mother is a timid woman who worked for the same corporation for almost forty years before retiring, despite the negative effects it had on her health and happiness. From this I learned an indirect bit of wisdom: never settle for something that doesn't make you happy. My father was a seeker of sorts, and his path led him to eventually find his truth within the context of Judaic faith--not officially taking on the Jewish mantle, but close.

I was gifted a Torah when I was a teenager, and I eagerly set about reading this book to understand its encoded higher truths. To my surprise, I never made it out of the Garden of Eden. The book I had was written in Hebrew on the right side and English on the left side, and when I read "We created man in Our image," I never could reconcile the text with the proffered commentary that what God really meant by this was "I created man in My image." Intuition was a foreign concept to me then, but I put the Torah down and never picked it up again.

Around the age of twenty, and high on psychoactive drugs, I found myself directed to a book in Borders Bookstore. The book was The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin, which, as I'm sure many of you are familiar, is a scholarly account that gives human genesis an otherworldly origin--namely, the Annunaki genetically manipulating human DNA. Anyway, I picked up the book, read the back cover and maybe the first chapter, and decided I was too high to comprehend the dense, academic language. Instead of reading, I followed the high for the next decade and found myself sinking deeper in the quicksand of addiction.

At twenty-seven I joined the army as an infantryman, though I'd been adamantly anti-military my whole life. Out of desperation, I thought the army might provide me with two catalysts for finding sobriety: 1) There is a strict no-drinking, no-drug policy on deployment, 2)Perhaps a brush with death in combat would give me a renewed zest for life.

In the end this ploy worked, though it transpired in a far different manner than expected. I've been sober for five years now, and during that time I completed a bachelors degree, became engaged to a beautifully spiritual woman, and discovered my passion for service-centered living (STO, that is).

How did this last part happen?

When I returned from Afghanistan, I came across The 12th Planet in a bookstore. I purchased it this time, though it would sit untouched on my bookshelf for another three years. One day, out of boredom and without another unread book around, I decided to tackle the Annunaki story again. This time I would become immersed in ufology and tales of ancient aliens. It became a bit of an obsession, really. I wrote my senior research paper about the governmental coverup of UFOs, and I also found myself exploring hidden memories of experiences I had as child, many bubbling to the surface in the form of poetry.

Following this trail of research, I stumbled upon the book Only Planet of Choice about a year ago. This is a channeled book similar to LOO, in that it is Q & A format. The collective entity being questioned is called Tom from the Council of Nine. The information Tom provides is fascinating, and it had the potential to be earth-shattering like Ra, but the team of questioners lacked Don's investigative prowess. Still, it is a great read.

After reading this book, which explains the importance of prayer and meditation, I decided to incorporate prayer into my daily running regimen: I would simply pray while running. At first, I would only have enough prayer material for a mile. Then I would think of more things to pray about--two miles, three miles, six miles...By the time it was said and done, I had a fairly routine hour-long prayer. And part of this prayer was asking for guidance on how I might live my highest path--my highest purpose.

A few months after beginning this routine, a box of books appeared on my doorstep. In this box was Seth Speaks, Opening to Channel, and Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self. I devoured the Seth book, and the Orin and Daben books (which I cannot recommend enough), and ordered another couple dozen books over the next few months, finding time to read, read, read despite being in my final semester of school and working.

Then, a couple months ago, while researching Orin and Daben, I came across a quote from Ra. I found the LOO book online and was initially put off by the Q & A format--since I'd read that other book with less apt questioners. Needless to say, after a few pages of reading, I was hooked. I read all the books in a few weeks and have been listening to podcasts, reading Q'uo material,  and recalibrating my life ever since that fateful day. Ra's clear delineation of the two separate paths has inspired me to pursue the STO path with gusto. In fact, since making this affirmation, a job has fallen into my lap that will allow me to serve the community on a larger scale.

A series of synchronistic, serendipitous events has occurred that has left me in awe and wonderment of this magical universe. That's not to say life is easy. It's not. I've simply rediscovered the inner faith necessary to weather life's storms and let the powers-that-be guide me one blind-step in front of the other toward this positively polarized destiny.

Thanks to you all for everything you do. I look forward to your company.

L & L

--Rybo

RE: Accelarated Spiritual Growth - Infinite Unity - 05-28-2017

Beautiful post, and welcome to bring4th.

So you have no clue where that box of books came from?

It certainly is a beautiful and mysterious experience!

RE: Accelarated Spiritual Growth - sjel - 05-28-2017

(05-28-2017, 08:08 PM)Rybo Wrote: I wrote my senior research paper about the governmental coverup of UFOs,

That's pretty cool. How did the professor(s) respond?

RE: Accelarated Spiritual Growth - Rybo - 05-28-2017

(05-28-2017, 09:27 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: Beautiful post, and welcome to bring4th.

Thanks, Infinite Unity!

The box of spiritual books arriving on my doorstep was certainly unexpected and fortuitous, but it wasn't quite as a mysterious as my original post may have implied. A friend of my fiancee asked if she could use our house as a garage sale location, due to our proximity to town and on a main street. We said yes, and she showed up with this box of books, among other things. I looked down at her collection and asked how much for a book, and she replied that I could take what I wanted for a dollar--a type of thanks for allowing her to use our house to sell her things.

And, boy, how my life did change that day.

RE: Accelarated Spiritual Growth - Rybo - 05-28-2017

(05-28-2017, 11:14 PM)sjel Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 08:08 PM)Rybo Wrote: I wrote my senior research paper about the governmental coverup of UFOs,

That's pretty cool. How did the professor(s) respond?

Hi sjel,

Before starting the paper we had to submit our topic for approval. My professor balked at the topic of UFOs--"too fuzzy" of a subject, he said. I asked him if I could send him a formal proposal, so he could see the cited and sourced material for himself. I should note, I was a history major, so bibliographic material was required to meet a rigorous academic standard. After sending him the proposal, he changed his tune, allowing me to continue with the project--and, by the end of the semester, he had even sent me links to sites containing declassified CIA documents!

What else is kind of interesting is that the paper was published in the university honors journal, and it is the same university that declared UFOs to be a non-existent phenomenon in 1969, effectively--or, ostensibly--ending Project Blue Book.

Fair to say, the tables have turned a bit.

RE: Accelarated Spiritual Growth - Infinite Unity - 05-29-2017

(05-28-2017, 11:30 PM)Rybo Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 09:27 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: Beautiful post, and welcome to bring4th.

Thanks, Infinite Unity!

The box of spiritual books arriving on my doorstep was certainly unexpected and fortuitous, but it wasn't quite as a mysterious as my original post may have implied. A friend of my fiancee asked if she could use our house as a garage sale location, due to our proximity to town and on a main street. We said yes, and she showed up with this box of books, among other things. I looked down at her collection and asked how much for a book, and she replied that I could take what I wanted for a dollar--a type of thanks for allowing her to use our house to sell her things.

And, boy, how my life did change that day.

haha you gave her ONE dollar. Very cool story man, and a lot of it is close to a lot of my own experiences.