Bring4th
Seven years of Law of One scholarship - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Seven years of Law of One scholarship (/showthread.php?tid=14571)

Seven years of Law of One scholarship - morgan.thomas - 06-11-2017

Hello friends,

I am happy to be on this forum. I have been looking at your posts and appreciating what I am reading.

For seven years I have been seeking to learn more of the Law of One. I attempt to offer what I have learned to this group, in the form of a fairly large and expanding body of writing in the style of scholarly research. I hope this is an appropriate use of this forum, to advertise such teach/learning instruments concerning the Law of One.

I wish to share my story briefly, to contextualize the writings I'm offering.

The Ra material raises many philosophical puzzles that my doubts led me to be interested in. How can it be that all is one, considering this may lead to the logically contradictory conclusion that every statement is true? How can one rationally believe in the Law of One, without the kind of verification normally expected from science? My desire to have some good answers to these questions led me to the University of Connecticut philosophy program. I spent a couple years there, and with the help of the One Infinite Creator, I learned a lot about logic, published some research on the mathematics of paradoxes, and left to greener pastures developing software in Colorado.

I feel I have made some good progress towards the goal I set of reconciling the Law of One with logic and rationality. I have done it in a technically thorough way, all the details of which are available at my website neosocratic.net. I have begun the work of describing my findings from a variety of different perspectives. In short, what I claim to have is a system of meta-philosophy which reconciles the Law of One with logic and reason, and shows how logic and reason can be more securely founded on the Law of One than they can without (as far as I can tell).

This work mainly breaks down into two texts, both works in progress.

One text, Winning Arguments, is a system of meta-philosophy built out of the Law of One and in the precise, rigorous tradition of analytic philosophy. It shows ways to solve various logical paradoxes, including ones related to the Law of One. This text is incomplete, but the parts that are there are pretty well developed, and they lay out my system for dealing with paradoxes and how it relates to the Law of One.

The other text, Magic, is an attempt to summarize some important points of the Ra material, extrapolated with my personal understandings, in the format of a system of magic. This text is much less far along.

Since both texts are still in progress, and I am a fallible human, if you should happen to look at either one, any input you may have is appreciated and has the potential to help significantly. Reading all of this work would be no small task, and I can only speculate as to whether any of you reading this would benefit from reading my work. I am indeed curious what will result from this post, as I have no idea what to expect.

With love and light!
Morgan

RE: Seven years of Law of One scholarship - Plenum - 06-13-2017

Hi there Morgan,

Thanks for making yourself present; and thus have an avenue for interaction with you.

I appreciate the transparency of your thoughts, plus the clarity of the communications that you've offered up.  By it's nature, the Ra Material is a highly undistorted text, and despite the inspiration that it brings to many people, it equally requires an undistorted mind to grasp it's Understandings, without turning it into a 'justification platorm' for one's own current predilections.  That is: can one actually see what is being conveyed, rather than seeing what wants to see.  That is the nature of study, and, I think, we all desire to move closer to the original intentions; myself included.

/ /

I was waiting outside my apartment building when I checked my email, and saw that your thread had been posted.  I have an rss feed that alerts me of new threads; part of that is to stay in touch with what's happening; the other portion, of course, is to do with my moderation duties on the forums, and stomping out spam as swiftly as possible.  I saw your thread, and clicked through to the Magic Article that you had offered up as a draft.  My brother was running about ten minutes late, and I was downstairs early anyway, and so I got a fair way through your text; stopping at stages, to process my own thoughts that had arisen in response to your digested understandings.

I'll just share a few things here, that struck me quite strongly.  It's only offerd up as a potential reflection for your own thoughts, and may or may not be relevant and/or useful.  It just represents my current state of interacting with this particular domain/field.

/ /

'Exoteric' and 'Esoteric'

early on in your essay, you made a distinction here between 'exoteric' and 'esoteric'.  This is the passage:

Quote:In general, magic may divided roughly into the subfields of exoteric magic, and esoteric magic. Exoteric magic is publicly observable magic which is part of "consensus reality:" e.g., religion, science, and politics are exoteric magic. Esoteric magic specifically encompasses forms of magic belonging to the hidden realms of the unspeakable and unobservable, and more generally it encompasses forms of magic which are hidden from general observation. Examples of esoteric magic include meditation, channeling, potent ritual magic, and manipulation of the thought matrix (see the section The Thought Matrix). Some areas of pursuit, such as psychology, can be said to lie at a sort of intersection between exoteric and esoteric magic, having significant features and elements of each.

It should also be borne in mind that "exoteric" and "esoteric" are relative terms. What is esoteric today can be exoteric in the future, if truth is exposed to the public. What is exoteric today can be esoteric tomorrow, if awareness of truth is lost from the public.

I understand that this is an outwardly observable distinction, and serves as an analysis point for what the current culture either tolerates or doesn't tolerate.  Or what it is 'open to', or not open to.

I think it has it's place in trying to see through an anthropological lens, as what activities can be supported, and what (others) are carried on in relative isolation.

I think you've made a solid, and unmistakable, distinction there.

For the purposes of technical understanding - which may be beyond the scope of your introductory essay - I would also draw a line between the kind of magic that is inherently inherent, and that which is inherently exherent (external).

By that, I would point to this passage here:

58.23 Wrote:Contact with indigo ray need not necessarily show itself in any certain gift or guidepost, as you have said. There are some whose indigo energy is that of pure being and never is manifested, yet all are aware of such an entity’s progress. Others may teach or share in many ways contact with intelligent energy. Others continue in unmanifested form, seeking intelligent infinity.

Thus the manifestation is a lesser signpost than that which is sensed or intuited about a mind/body/spirit complex. This violet-ray beingness is far more indicative of true self.

You point to magic as being an encounter with the 'heart of self', and in the above passage, Ra indicates that some of these encounters are not manifested in any kind of 'external result'.  So this kind of 'encounter' would be inherently inherent, no matter if the sociological conditions are exoteric/esoteric.

/ /

'Levels of Magic'.

Another point of distinction was triggered when I read your thoughts concerning the 'levels of magic'.

This was your opening passage, although you continued to elaborate on this theme for a few more paragraphs.

Quote:Some potencies and activities are more magical than others. There are degrees or levels of magic. Any potency can be thought of as magical to some level, and classified according to its level/degree of magic.

The levels of magic are, in other words, the levels of energy/material/experience existing in the universe. Everything in existence can be thought of as energy or as material, as taught by physics. As taught by the Law of One, conscious experience is energy/material. All conscious experience is existent material, and all material is conscious experience of the one infinite creator by itself. Thus energy, material, and experience provide three ways of conceptualizing the one substance constituting existence, which is the self, or the one infinite creator.

The idea that magic is organized into levels is founded on the idea that energy/substance is organized into levels. You can see an example of this idea by reflecting on your experience, if you have noticed that you are at different levels of consciousness at different times.

Again, I think you are making a valid (and valuable) distinction here. My own thoughts went into a different avenue, and may or may not be supportive of your original intentions.

When speaking about 'different levels', my mind immediately was drawn to the distinction between mediated and unmediated magic.

Now, what do I mean by that?

By mediated magic, I mean a magical experience/occurence that is mediated by another consciously individuated entity.

Or perhaps it would be easier to point to the rare third-density instances of Unmediated Magic.

Ra spoke about direct contact with the essentialities of Creation.  Most notably, in how the pyramids were 'created':

3.8 Wrote:This energy is intelligent. It is hierarchical. Much as your mind/body/spirit complex dwells within an hierarchy of vehicles and retains, therefore, the shell, or shape, or field, and the intelligence of each ascendingly intelligent or balanced body, so does each atom of such a material as rock. When one can speak to that intelligence, the finite energy of the physical, or chemical, rock/body is put into contact with that infinite power which is resident in the more well-tuned bodies, be they human or rock.

With this connection made, a request may be given. The intelligence of infinite rock-ness communicates to its physical vehicle and that splitting and moving which is desired is then carried out through the displacement of the energy field of rock-ness from finity to a dimension which we may conveniently call, simply, infinity.

In this way, that which is required is accomplished due to the cooperation of the infinite understanding of the Creator indwelling in the living rock.

This is 'unmediated magic', in that it involves direct contact.

Another example of unmediated magic would be the abilities of dual-activated individuals to bend spoons with mental thought:

Quote:58.19 Questioner: There are many people who are now bending metal, doing other things like that by mentally requesting this happen. What is happening in that case? What are they— Can you explain what’s happening there?

Ra: I am Ra. That which occurs in this instance may be likened to the influence of the second spiral of light in a pyramid being used by an entity. As this second spiral ends at the apex, the light may be likened unto a laser beam in the metaphysical sense and when intelligently directed may cause bending not only in the pyramid, but this is the type of energy which is tapped into by those capable of this focusing of the upward spiraling light. This is made possible through contact in indigo ray with intelligent energy.

58.20 Questioner: Why are these people able to do this? They seem to have no training; they just are able to do it.

Ra: I am Ra. They remember the disciplines necessary for this activity which is merely useful upon other true-color vibratory experiential nexi.

Now, this is also unmediated, because it does not involve another consciously individuated entity acting as a go-between.

- -

as for the other category of magical events, Meditated Magic, as I said, this would be far and away the bulk of how native third-density beings experience what is classified as magical experiences.

At least in the cases where it is consciously invoked and directed.

Ra speaks here about the 'light strength' and bringing it into beingness:

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect but subtly so. In invocation and evocation of what may be termed negative entities or qualities, the expression alerts the positively oriented equivalent. However, those upon the service-to-others path wait to be called and can only send love.

73.4 Questioner: What I was trying to get at was that this alerting of light strength is, as I see it, a process that must be totally a function of free will, as you say, and as the desire and will and purity of desire of the adept or operator increases, the alerting of light strength increases. Is this part of it the same for both positive and negative potentials and am I correct with this statement?

Ra: I am Ra. To avoid confusion we shall simply restate for clarity your correct assumption.

Those who are upon the service-to-others path may call upon the light strength in direct proportion to the strength and purity of their will to serve. Those upon the service-to-self path may call upon the dark strength in direct proportion to the strength and purity of their will to serve.

This 'light strength' is invoked through various rituals and practices, which tune and purify the will to serve and seek.

Ra talks about using a 'scalpel' in such cases, to be able to bring greater efficacy in establishing a communion with such positive forces:

Quote:74.16 Questioner: I will make an analogy to the loudness of ringing of the telephone in using the ritual as the efficiency of the practitioners using the ritual. Now, I see several things affecting the efficiency of the ritual: first, the desire of the practitioners to serve, their ability to invoke the magical personality, their ability to visualize while performing the ritual, and let me ask you as to the relative importance of those items and how each may be intensified?

Ra: I am Ra. This query borders upon over-specificity. It is most important for the adept to feel its own growth as teach/learner.

We may only say that you correctly surmise the paramount import of the magical personality. This is a study in itself. With the appropriate emotional will, polarity, and purity, work may be done with or without proper sound vibration complexes. However, there is no need for the blunt instrument when the scalpel is available.

So both these passages speak to a Mediated Experience of Magic; which takes place via another entity which is willing to serve as an intermediary in place of faculties/abilities that are not native to the density of calling.  So a third density entity can invoke magic from beings from higher densities, a 4th density entity would seek from 5th and 6th.

I would liken this to asking your friend to google something on his phone.  You may be in a density (like ours), where say 'mobiles' had not been invented yet.  But your friend has a phone, and a mobile plan.  You ask him to google something, and he can relay information for you.  And so you can tap into things, but in a mediated way.

In this example, the mobile phone would correspond to the indigo gateway that is native to a 4d or higher body.  

Given enough development, the 3d indigo gateway can also be developed to a very high degree; but that is not the situation for our current Earth planet.  Our society is not aligned to these kinds of goals and ideals.

/ /

So that's just some thoughts that I had.  

Much Love,

Garry

RE: Seven years of Law of One scholarship - morgan.thomas - 06-13-2017

Hello Garry,

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the excellent feedback on my work. Here are some responses your feedback inspired me to write.

/ /

Quote:By it's nature, the Ra Material is a highly undistorted text, and despite the inspiration that it brings to many people, it equally requires an undistorted mind to grasp it's Understandings, without turning it into a 'justification platorm' for one's own current predilections.

This was a thought provoking statement to me. I agree that one should not turn the Ra material into a "justification platform." To avoid that, I see it as important to make it reasonably easy for the reader to tell what parts of what I'm saying are restatements of what Ra has said, and what parts are my personal opinions.

If I were to say explicitly what things are restatements of Ra and what are my personal opinions, what I'd be offering would be my opinions on the question of which is which. That's not really what the reader needs.

I think what the reader needs is for me to cite relevant portions of Ra whenever I'm making a claim based on Ra. That assists them in deciding for themselves what's a restatement of Ra and what's my opinion, if they want to do that. I haven't added all the requisite citations yet, but this is a planned part of the project.

I'm curious about anybody's thoughts and reactions on what has been said on this question, of how to avoid using Ra inappropriately as a "justification platform" for one's own thoughts.

Quote:That is: can one actually see what is being conveyed, rather than seeing what wants to see.  That is the nature of study, and, I think, we all desire to move closer to the original intentions; myself included.

I agree. I'm going to respond by clarifying my positions and views in the area of this comment. I don't know what significance any of this may bear to anybody. I'm not assuming any of this needs to be said.

I have been seeking spiritually as well as studying over the years I mentioned. How undistorted a grasp I've obtained in my mind/body/spirit complex of the Law of One or the teachings of Ra is hard for me to say.

I'm not claiming to have a highly undistorted internal understanding of the teachings of Ra. Such a claim would need to be relative to somebody else, and I have no good way to compare the quality of my internal understanding to that of any reader.

I'm just offering some words: a big exercise in the use of language and logic which hopes to be a teach/learning tool in the Law of One. I don't think my words would convey my own internal understanding of the Law of One to the reader, though. I think they would convey to the reader whatever the reader imagined into them.

My hope is that these sequences of words cause thoughts in readers which benefit them. To what extent that occurs surely has something to do with the quality of the internal understanding on which I based the words. But it doesn't seem to require the quality of my internal understanding to be a knowable factor. I'm not presenting my internal understanding to this group for scrutiny and feedback, because I haven't learned any way to convey my internal understanding to another. I'm just presenting to this group a bunch of words, and soliciting scrutiny and feedback about the words.

/ /

I appreciate the distinction inherent / exherent, as opposed to exoteric / esoteric. I think it's a good idea to present that distinction. I hadn't teased apart these two distinctions, and your comments helped me to get the distinction between the distinctions. I am thinking I will add inherent / exherent to the text.

/ /

I like your distinction between mediated and unmediated magic.

Let me try to summarize what you're saying to see if I understand. You're saying that mediated magic is magic that is mediated by another consciously individuated entity. From your examples, it seems like the idea is that in mediated magic, you're not in direct contact with the energies you're putting into motion. Rather, you're causing the energy to be put into motion by calling for the assistance of another entity. You are saying that the great majority of magic done on Earth is mediated magic.

I wonder if you would consider meditation and the transformations of self resulting from it to be an example of unmediated magic, as opposed to mediated magic. I am inclined to classify self-transformation through meditation as an example of unmediated magic, done on the self by the self. More broadly, it seems to me like any magic which an individual produces through their own natural faculties would be an example of unmediated magic. However, I would think that unmediated magic would not be terribly rare in third density if one agrees with everything else in this paragraph.

There is potentially a disagreement here, about how common unmediated magic is in 3d. I'm curious about the source of disagreement. Terminological difference? Difference of opinion? You wish to revise your thoughts? Something else going on?

/ /

I have enjoyed responding to your comment. Thank you for sharing your teachings with me, in the form of feedback on my teachings!

Love and light,
Morgan

RE: Seven years of Law of One scholarship - Plenum - 06-15-2017

hey Morgan; awesome reply.  Very much enjoyed reading it yesterday, and re-reading it just now to make a reply Smile

(06-13-2017, 09:03 PM)morgan.thomas Wrote: I wonder if you would consider meditation and the transformations of self resulting from it to be an example of unmediated magic, as opposed to mediated magic. I am inclined to classify self-transformation through meditation as an example of unmediated magic, done on the self by the self. More broadly, it seems to me like any magic which an individual produces through their own natural faculties would be an example of unmediated magic. However, I would think that unmediated magic would not be terribly rare in third density if one agrees with everything else in this paragraph.

There is potentially a disagreement here, about how common unmediated magic is in 3d. I'm curious about the source of disagreement. Terminological difference? Difference of opinion? You wish to revise your thoughts? Something else going on?

I think you cite a great counter-example there.  It had totally slipped my mind to include the act of meditation.

And that's with me also participating in a regular, weekly chatroom meditation here on the forums, which has highly 'magical' results both during and after the event.

So yes, I would definitely have to requalify my assessment to include that category of experiences.

Smile