Bring4th
Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Achieving Christ-Consciousness (/showthread.php?tid=14588)

Achieving Christ-Consciousness - AnthroHeart - 06-18-2017

I really like the way Koi here lays out 4 steps to achieving super consciousness.
I think they tie in with the Ra Material.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - AnthroHeart - 06-19-2017

6/19/17
Christ – consciousness

1. Seeing the totality of nature as it really is.
We are as much of the universe as we are our bodies.
The acceptance of all as one.
2. Being pure in our thoughts and our actions.
Not taking sides on any topic no matter what.
Not to judge in the moment. Refrain from judgment unless it's necessary.
Not say it is good or it is bad.
3. Manifesting your best self. Projecting the universal you in each moment.
You are not you but the entire universe. Emanating pure bliss and love.
4. Make the first three steps a daily routine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKvUDk0w2eY

Even the slight realization of the above 4 concepts gives me goosebumps.
But I have yet to fully take them into my awareness on a consistent basis.
I am looking at things that used to bother me as being one with me.
And other things I no longer do in order to have spiritual purity.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Fuse - 06-19-2017

Oh. Oh wow. That guy's good.

Thank you so much for posting that. I feel like I could go watch it a couple dozen more times and then Ascend.

Instead, I think I'll study the notes every day, which I would have written out, but you have so excellently beaten me to it...

My God. Looking at that list...has it really been that simple all along?

(06-19-2017, 04:42 PM)Fuse Wrote: Oh. Oh wow. That guy's good.

Thank you so much for posting that. I feel like I could go watch it a couple dozen more times and then Ascend.

Instead, I think I'll study the notes every day, which I would have written out, but you have so excellently beaten me to it...

My God. Looking at that list...has it really been that simple all along?

I know. It resonates so much with the Ra Material, that how come we didn't know this before? Sometimes I need suggestions on how to think, or what to think about.

Yeah, I saved the video using FireFox Video Download Helper.

I'm trying to get my mind around these concepts and to remember them. I find myself rereading them many times.

Yeah, I think state of mind, and thus state of being is what matters. I used to think we had to still our mind, but this seems to be an exercise in awareness.

I've known from the past to be aware of what's around me. Ra says to "become the Creator" but doesn't specify how to do that.

Seeing ourselves as the Universe makes more sense to me since Creator is somewhat vague.

For me, this experience can be said in a number of ways.

Awareness = letting go = letting universe flow through you -> leads to Christ Consciousness

[Image: 53f7965d2497641299cfca27c9b8a776.jpg]

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Light of Wisdom - 06-20-2017

In my experience there is no such thing as "Christ consciousness", at least not in the way it has been described by the whole new age movement, or by any channeled materials. It appears rather to be a trap, a vague concept, yet unattainable, since no one has actually ever achieved it. It's like a carrot on a stick, which makes you go in pursuit of something, but its true purpose is rather, to re-direct you in a direction that is unfavourable.

The standard new age concept of "become the Creator", also appears to be the same old fallen angel/Satanic promise and trap that was offered to early humans. It's akin to a stranger tempting children with sweets. The children, being totally innocent of course, take it, not knowing that they are ingesting poison. The poison represents the unreadiness for a child to know the things of adults (which in itself is a corrupting agent) + the knowledge that the child is being given by the stranger, the knowledge itself being corrupt in nature and untrue, and not how reality truly functions. Enough knowledge however is given, so that it is rather difficult to immediately falsify it, rather it makes you search for more. Like being led into the forest by the crumbs.

One does not become like Jesus, that just doesn't happen, no one ever did it, in all human history. No one ever defeated death, other than Jesus. Which means that the whole cosmology of "Christ consciousness" is based upon a false premise. Where you are told that you can achieve something, (and whilst you may have experiences of higher consciousness, these experiences themselves do not correlate with the idea of becoming the Creator yourself), but in truth the whole purpose is to take real experiences and to combine them with false teachings, which lead you in a direction of destruction.

I've seen people go down these routes, and to be honest, it gets to the point where they are celebrating being abducted, having implants, doing covert sabotage, having hybrid alien babies and all kinds of really strange and inhumane things. And they can't tell the difference any more between right and wrong, precisely because the teachings they are following are constantly reinforcing this idea in their minds that there is no right and wrong. All of those individuals, they talk about Christ consciousness and alien-consciousness and how to integrate oneself into it. They also talk about how the higher self always orchestrates such experiences for higher learning. But to be honest, it's almost like listening to victims of Stockholm syndrome.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Nau7ik - 06-20-2017

I don't agree with you, Light. The three exercises/concepts Ra gave were : Know Thyself, Accept Thyself, Become the Creator. What exactly does become the Creator mean? It's apart of the other two concepts, knowing and accepting the self.

In truth, we are the Creator. Our essence is one, there is only one being here. Separation is an illusion. I know these concepts intellectually, but I do not have gnosis. Gnosis, or direct apprehension/knowing, is gained along the path. Nothing is known in our density, we live under a veil in mind.

I've seen many people attack the concept of "Christ consciousnes". The way I see it is that Christ consciousness is fourth density consciousness. "As I do these things, so you will too, and greater." Christ told us that we are no different than him, and that this is our birthright. Christ made contact with intelligent infinity, and there have been many in the last 25,000 years who've done so, more especially in this last minor cycle of 2000 years. The Buddha was incarnate 2500 yeas ago and his teachings were enough to help many in the east achieve realization and liberation, which is beyond the level of Christ consciousness. Jesus isn't the highest being in the universe. according to Ra, he was a late 4D wanderer, now in 5D.

So no I wouldn't say Christ consciousness is built upon a false promise, it's not. It is the next step in our evolution. People are going to have many different definitions of what that term means to them personally. What we can do is live by fourth density values, such as love unconditional, compassion, forgiveness, understanding. I wouldn't call that Christ consciousness, but one can realize the kingdom of heaven within the heart now.

I do not believe there are any shortcuts to spiritual evolution. It's not as simple as reading something or watching a video, no matter how exciting it may be. Instead use that fire that was just kindled up within you to walk further down the path. Use that fire to do your inner work.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Fuse - 06-20-2017

(06-20-2017, 02:30 AM)Light of Wisdom Wrote: In my experience there is no such thing as "Christ consciousness", at least not in the way it has been described by the whole new age movement, or by any channeled materials. It appears rather to be a trap, a vague concept, yet unattainable, since no one has actually ever achieved it. It's like a carrot on a stick, which makes you go in pursuit of something, but its true purpose is rather, to re-direct you in a direction that is unfavourable.

The standard new age concept of "become the Creator", also appears to be the same old fallen angel/Satanic promise and trap that was offered to early humans. It's akin to a stranger tempting children with sweets. The children, being totally innocent of course, take it, not knowing that they are ingesting poison. The poison represents the unreadiness for a child to know the things of adults (which in itself is a corrupting agent) + the knowledge that the child is being given by the stranger, the knowledge itself being corrupt in nature and untrue, and not how reality truly functions. Enough knowledge however is given, so that it is rather difficult to immediately falsify it, rather it makes you search for more. Like being led into the forest by the crumbs.

One does not become like Jesus, that just doesn't happen, no one ever did it, in all human history. No one ever defeated death, other than Jesus. Which means that the whole cosmology of "Christ consciousness" is based upon a false premise. Where you are told that you can achieve something, (and whilst you may have experiences of higher consciousness, these experiences themselves do not correlate with the idea of becoming the Creator yourself), but in truth the whole purpose is to take real experiences and to combine them with false teachings, which lead you in a direction of destruction.

I've seen people go down these routes, and to be honest, it gets to the point where they are celebrating being abducted, having implants, doing covert sabotage, having hybrid alien babies and all kinds of really strange and inhumane things. And they can't tell the difference any more between right and wrong, precisely because the teachings they are following are constantly reinforcing this idea in their minds that there is no right and wrong. All of those individuals, they talk about Christ consciousness and alien-consciousness and how to integrate oneself into it. They also talk about how the higher self always orchestrates such experiences for higher learning. But to be honest, it's almost like listening to victims of Stockholm syndrome.

We Earthlings stand on the threshold of an evolutionary leap that is as profound as leap from second density creatures (say, dogs) to third density creatures (say, human beings). What we are about to become is as incomprehensible to us as we are to our pets. When spoken of accurately (as always has been on this forum that I've seen), Christ Consciousness refers to that state of existence that is experienced by fourth density beings.

I see that while I was typing this, Nau7ik stated everything I was trying to say perfectly, so let me skip ahead to my own experience.

I can confirm for you that this phenomenon of "Christ consciousness" or "Buddha nature" or "avatar state" does most certainly exist. It needs to be pointed out to you that you began your statement with the words "in my experience" and proceeded from there. All the claims you subsequently made are based on that foundation, and that foundation alone. I glanced over all your posts on this forum since you joined, and while I can't say there's enough here to ascertain your level of spiritual growth, there is also not enough here to tell me that you obviously are someone who doesn't need to hear this message. My message to you is that you ought to consider whether you need to broaden your experience.

Here is what MY experience has to say about this topic. I did a long stint of spiritual seeking as a child and young adult through what one might call "New Age" sources. Then I had a spiritual experience that led to a rejection of all that, and an embrace of the fundamentalist evangelical Christian way. For more than fifteen years I lived a life of devotion, rejecting the very existence of evolution, much less soul evolution. I read the Bible every day. I started at the beginning and read cover to cover. I lost count around the eighth time through, but I figure I've read the thing at least ten times, always in a state of prayer and seeking for the Creator.

There was, during this period, a short phase of particularly active devotion that I experienced. In my fasting and prayers and attempts to communicate with God, I felt like I was getting answers! I was experiencing leaps of intuition, awakenings to foundational truths that remain in the Holy Bible despite the Catholic church's poor custodianship of these Truths. I was seeing a synthesis everywhere and overjoyed at my discoveries of how amazing God is. During this period of intense discovery, I began to actually feel different. I felt lighter...both in the sense of having less physical mass, but also in the sense that the world and all my perceptions of it seemed somehow brighter. I was living intensely by faith (in the true sense of the word faith, simply trusting in God to such a profound degree in every moment that nothing can phase you). I was, in essence, fully practicing points two and three on the lovely list Indigo prepared above. I think that I was starting to sense the truth of point one as well, and point four was covered.

I started to evolve, fast. It felt...my God, it was wonderful.

But it drew attention. I didn't know what I was doing, I didn't know how I had raised my vibrational state, or even that I had. I didn't know how I was vulnerable, what to avoid to reduce the risk of depolarizing myself. I didn't even know that "polarized" is what I had become. Well, "They" saw me, those of the opposite polarization, and they saw how easy it would be to get to me.

A few years later I was an alcoholic, a socially anxious shut-in, with a spiritual practice that was minimal and shallow at best, usually just nonexistent. Whatever light I had built into my physicality drained away and was gone.

It's kind of amazing to me to think that as far as I had progressed, I was so easily knocked off the track. But, you know, driving with one's eyes closed is dangerous.

Well, this time, my eyes are wide open, and there's a fiery wind at my back, and Shadow that dares to stand in My path shall meet the Holy Light that is its Source and it shall bow down in reverence of its Creator.

Oh, I assure you my friend, the state of "Christ consciousness" is very, very real. It is our future.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - AnthroHeart - 06-20-2017

I believe it is also called Universal Consciousness or Cosmic Consciousness. The closest I've been was feeling unconditional love.
But I am grasping at the fundamentals now. Trying to train my mind to think and be differently.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Fuse - 06-20-2017

(06-20-2017, 10:35 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: I believe it is also called Universal Consciousness or Cosmic Consciousness. The closest I've been was feeling unconditional love.
But I am grasping at the fundamentals now. Trying to train my mind to think and be differently.

What's weird for me is that I am utterly grasping for the fundamentals myself at this point! Looking back now I can totally see how my Higher Self used my time as a Christian to continue my evolution, but I was not an active participant in that growth. I'm having to go "oh, THAT's what that experience was about." And I guess I wouldn't consider myself a Christian anymore, in the sense that that vibration, "Christian," today connects to a diseased, zombie-like spiritual organism that is not long for this world, methinks. What is Christianity's heir? (The social memory complex, of course. I personally believe we'll call her Eden. It's my vote for what we rename the planet once fourth density has fully manifested.)

It's a hopeful message, and I'll share it (and then stop talking about myself, hehe), that even if you derail yourself, which I managed twice in my spiritual process to date, if you truly seek with a sincere heart, it doesn't matter how you seek. You will find it, and the process of your growth will not stop, even if you think you might have caused it to.

Cosmic Consciousness has a great ring to it. That might be the one to go with going forward.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - AnthroHeart - 06-20-2017

(06-20-2017, 02:27 PM)Fuse Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 10:35 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: I believe it is also called Universal Consciousness or Cosmic Consciousness. The closest I've been was feeling unconditional love.

What's weird for me is that I am utterly grasping for the fundamentals myself at this point! Looking back now I can totally see how my Higher Self used my time as a Christian to continue my evolution, but I was not an active participant in that growth. I'm having to go "oh, THAT's what that experience was about." And I guess I wouldn't consider myself a Christian anymore, in the sense that that vibration, "Christian," today connects to a diseased, zombie-like spiritual organism that is not long for this world, methinks. What is Christianity's heir? (The social memory complex, of course. I personally believe we'll call her Eden. It's my vote for what we rename the planet once fourth density has fully manifested.)

It's a hopeful message, and I'll share it (and then stop talking about myself, hehe), that even if you derail yourself, which I managed twice in my spiritual process to date, if you truly seek with a sincere heart, it doesn't matter how you seek. You will find it, and the process of your growth will not stop, even if you think you might have caused it to.

Cosmic Consciousness has a great ring to it. That might be the one to go with going forward.

I saw another video of his where he was talking to Ram Dass (who had a stroke so he spoke slowly) who said that he loved even the wall because it was a manifestation of God.

I love how you say that you can continue to grow when you seek with a sincere heart.
I always find myself going back to these fundamentals I listed, because I'm having trouble memorizing them. I choose to see everything around me as one with myself.

You should check out this video clip from Doctor Strange I posted: https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=14589
It shows some of what exists in the infinite number of Universes and was very deep. I loved that movie, Doctor Strange.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Mahakali - 06-24-2017

(06-20-2017, 02:30 AM)Light of Wisdom Wrote: In my experience there is no such thing as "Christ consciousness", at least not in the way it has been described by the whole new age movement, or by any channeled materials. It appears rather to be a trap, a vague concept, yet unattainable, since no one has actually ever achieved it. It's like a carrot on a stick, which makes you go in pursuit of something, but its true purpose is rather, to re-direct you in a direction that is unfavourable.

So where is true knowledge found?

I've seen enough to know that you're telling the truth.

I could argue some of the finer points, such as that it is entirely possible - in theory - to develop psychic powers, manipulate the world with your mind, and/or even defeat death.

But for the most part, you know your s***.

I've definitely achieved minor telekinesis and some other things... but, in your opinion, to what degree are channeled materials like Ra or Seth to be trusted?

I want freedom more than anything. There must be a way to get there.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Ashim - 06-24-2017

Quote:I want freedom more than anything. There must be a way to get there.

I too share your desire. 

My thoughts

The bias I believed to have existed at the moment of choice between dark and light is not as simplistic as I once presumed. It is not about choosing a side. The name of the Game is Polarity Integration. Beyond Polarity lies Unity.

Much of what I have read in the past 7 years has been shown by personal experience to hold true. I went with "what resonated".
My introduction to the LOO happened by way of the controversial Hidden_Hand thread on Above Top Secret, a dialog between an alleged member of the Lucifer soul group and forum members of a popular conspiricy site.

This was what initially caught my attention and proved helpful on a personal level in order to understand.

Quote:ATS: If so, how do we become freemen?

HH: You will never be 'free', for as long as you are incarnating on this planet. The very nature of your being here, is indication of that. There is a reason why you are here, and 'here' is very likely not really where you think 'here' is. How do you become free? By working out where you are, and coming to an understanding, of why you are here. [2]

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - loostudent - 06-27-2017

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." (Phill 2,5)

"But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Cor 2,6)

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Night Owl - 06-28-2017

(06-24-2017, 10:18 AM)Mahakali Wrote: So where is true knowledge found?

I've seen enough to know that you're telling the truth.

I could argue some of the finer points, such as that it is entirely possible - in theory - to develop psychic powers, manipulate the world with your mind, and/or even defeat death.

But for the most part, you know your s***.

I've definitely achieved minor telekinesis and some other things... but, in your opinion, to what degree are channeled materials like Ra or Seth to be trusted?

I want freedom more than anything. There must be a way to get there.

To answer that question, since you seem to have a recurrent attraction toward that thought, I believe that to reach freedom you must know what it is. I believe freedom is the power to experience your own choices, and that in itself is given to everyone in every circumstances. Now that doesn't mean we all feel free all the time. I most certainly feel trapped very often. But perhaps it is helpful to consider the reasons why a feeling of constraint might be perceived over and over.

One of the key might be to consider from where do you seek freedom? Do you seek it from a perspective of lack or from a perspective of abundance. The difference lies essentially in the perspective for the same situation and so one could say that not seeking freedom could give you a key to realize you already have it. If you feel deep within that you have it, you wouldn't be seeking it right?

But I believe before being able to release the seeking, it is essential to understand that every circumstances are the results of choices, whether we perceive them or not. I believe the relation we can make with this is that we tend to have feelings of constraints because we cling to thoughts, ideas, feelings, perspectives, desires which makes us feel enslaved even though we want to be free and happy. It's essentially a battle between two choices. Realizing this is a first step towards perceiving the choices and the freedom you have behind it. We often cling to thoughts like "doing the right thing" or believing that "only a particular set of circumstances can lead us where we want to go" for exemple. While these things seem at first look to be looking towards our goals and desires, they essentially strips us off of the freedom to experience the real path leading us there, the path we have yet to discover. Acceptance that those things are not true might help realizing the freedom of our choices.

Maybe you find yourself in a situation where the constrict is so real and so big that it encompass your entire reality, such as being locked up in prison, having a lifelong medical condition or something like that. Most of the times it would be hard to argue that these circumstances also reflect choices which have already been made. To recognize them would also bring you closer to freedom. Essentially we have the freedom to enslave ourselves, or we are enslaved into our own freedom to experience ourselves. Choice is power, but power is freedom as long as it is used from a perspective of abundance, of unity and integrity. Without these things, power can also be the most constricting thing you can imagine. Most people who seek power and dwell in power, might at first "appear" like they have much freedom, but essentially they are enslaved by their choices of seperation and their own perceptions of lack.

Of course believing that it is possible to be free is also necessary. Otherwise, everything will feel like a constraint.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Mahakali - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 02:52 AM)Night Owl Wrote: Essentially we have the freedom to enslave ourselves, or we are enslaved into our own freedom to experience ourselves.

Can I have some ranch to go with that word salad?

You'd make a good cult leader, Night Owl.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Mahakali - 06-28-2017

Anyways, what I want is pretty clear-cut: spiritual development. It's the only thing that matters.

If something is preventing me from that, it's detrimental to my freedom.

If it's not, I'm free.

The sorts of entities getting people to make videos like the one in the OP fall squarely into the "we don't want people to be free category", and I'm going to find a way to break out of their leash and escape them.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Night Owl - 06-28-2017

I don't think I'd make a good leader acutually. Most likely because I really don't want that to begin with. That word salad however means the exact same thing if you think about it a little bit. If you choose to enslave yourself that means you are free to do so. If you choose to be free, you are also free to do so.. No matter what, we can't get out of having the freedom to choose. The perspective we entertain towards our choices is what makes us feel trapped. If you feel like you "have to" make a choice for exemple that can lead to believe you are not. But there is a choice on both side of the coin.

You say you want to be free, then you say you want spiritual develepment. Are you sure you know what you want? It is the first step towards making a choice and experiencing freedom. I also very often do not know what I want.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - loostudent - 06-28-2017

"The truth will set you free."

Every spiritual tradition developed some kind of asceticism for spiritual development.

Ra said: "Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away." On the other hand life span is too short and if you want to grow up from spiritual childhood you need some discipline of the mind and the body to lend clarity to the spiritual influxes.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - BlatzAdict - 07-01-2017

There is seeking to be surrounded by the light, and then seeking the darkness to find the light within.

The light is always within if you allow it to exist. Otherwise it becomes furthering oneself from one's center, rather than going back to the center. This does not mean to go to a happy place anywhere but within. If you encounter people asking to avoid negative subjects, then their sovereignty within their heart isn't lit, it's just pretend.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - BlatzAdict - 07-01-2017

(06-28-2017, 03:49 PM)Night Owl Wrote: I don't think I'd make a good leader acutually. Most likely because I really don't want that to begin with. That word salad however means the exact same thing if you think about it a little bit. If you choose to enslave yourself that means you are free to do so. If you choose to be free, you are also free to do so.. No matter what, we can't get out of having the freedom to choose. The perspective we entertain towards our choices is what makes us feel trapped. If you feel like you "have to" make a choice for exemple that can lead to believe you are not. But there is a choice on both side of the coin.

You say you want to be free, then you say you want spiritual develepment. Are you sure you know what you want? It is the first step towards making a choice and experiencing freedom. I also very often do not know what I want.

i think you would since you are already a grade up from a lot of people who are indifferent, you could lead but it takes work like achieving any other skillset.

when you don't know what you want, it means you've not found something exciting to do yet. It isn't worth it if it isn't exciting, but you got to be able to balance with a little elbow grease too Smile

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Night Owl - 07-01-2017

(07-01-2017, 07:04 PM)BlatzAdict Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 03:49 PM)Night Owl Wrote: I don't think I'd make a good leader acutually. Most likely because I really don't want that to begin with. That word salad however means the exact same thing if you think about it a little bit. If you choose to enslave yourself that means you are free to do so. If you choose to be free, you are also free to do so.. No matter what, we can't get out of having the freedom to choose. The perspective we entertain towards our choices is what makes us feel trapped. If you feel like you "have to" make a choice for exemple that can lead to believe you are not. But there is a choice on both side of the coin.

i think you would since you are already a grade up from a lot of people who are indifferent, you could lead but it takes work like achieving any other skillset.

when you don't know what you want, it means you've not found something exciting to do yet. It isn't worth it if it isn't exciting, but you got to be able to balance with a little elbow grease too Smile

I have found something exciting in music. Unfortunately I don't find the good people to do that with so far. Playing drums is the further I would go as far as ''leading''.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - xise - 07-01-2017

(06-20-2017, 02:30 AM)Light of Wisdom Wrote: I've seen people go down these routes, and to be honest, it gets to the point where they are celebrating being abducted, having implants, doing covert sabotage, having hybrid alien babies and all kinds of really strange and inhumane things. And they can't tell the difference any more between right and wrong, precisely because the teachings they are following are constantly reinforcing this idea in their minds that there is no right and wrong. All of those individuals, they talk about Christ consciousness and alien-consciousness and how to integrate oneself into it. They also talk about how the higher self always orchestrates such experiences for higher learning. But to be honest, it's almost like listening to victims of Stockholm syndrome.

Spiritual bypassing is very, very common and I think that is what you were observing. Especially since we/most of us deep down fear not understanding how reality works or fear that we have the wrong understanding of reality (and yet Ra says this is not the density of understanding regarding reality) and so we lie to ourselves about our understanding of reality and our progress on understanding reality. And then when things don't turn out as we expected from our understanding, instead of an examination of our perspective via both the heart and mind, we instead regress into repeating spiritual sayings without truly understanding that we're using them as a mantra to avoid the fear of confronting our lack of understanding, and try to act as if we do understand which only ends up adding to the confusion. (There are also many other causes of spiritual bypassing, but we're discussing the one most relevant to the above-quote)

A tell-tale sign of such bypassing is when - instead of using the mind in unison with the heart; instead of using the conscious and the unconscious together; instead of using both intuition and logic; instead of using the unity and entirety of us as mind-body-spirit complexes - we deem the mind/conscious/logic the enemy, and inevitably retreat into contradiction, fear, compartmentalization, and a retreat from living a truly examined life, as examination is unconsciously deemed to be the enemy.

In my quest for experience in the last 2-3 years, I personally tread upon these areas. I associated with those who engaged in this kind of behavior and ended my association because ultimately I felt that living a truly examined life - using examination from both the heart and mind - as key to spiritual evolution. My experience was fruitful and insightful in helping me learn the perils of spiritual bypassing.

-----

I would too say Christ consciousness is obtainable, though people who haven't achieved it are more common and the misunderstandings of such people are more easily observed.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Jeremy - 07-01-2017

You've clearly not read the material or if you have, you should read it again. 

Possessing the Christ consciousness is something attainable but not in the context that you described. It's not some walking on water nonsense. It's the ability to love and accept all. To be the love and light that the creator created with. You can't become the creator because we already ARE the creator. There's nothing to reach for when one realizes that they already are what they seekto attain. 

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - Mahakali - 07-02-2017

(07-01-2017, 09:22 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Possessing the Christ consciousness is something attainable but not in the context that you described. It's not some walking on water nonsense. It's the ability to love and accept all. To be the love and light that the creator created with. You can't become the creator because we already ARE the creator. There's nothing to reach for when one realizes that they already are what they seekto attain. 

That's the most brainwashed s*** I've ever heard.

Walking on water is possible. Walking the universe with unfettered tread is possible. That is indeed the point.

(07-01-2017, 07:01 PM)BlatzAdict Wrote: There is seeking to be surrounded by the light, and then seeking the darkness to find the light within.

The light is always within if you allow it to exist. Otherwise it becomes furthering oneself from one's center, rather than going back to the center. This does not mean to go to a happy place anywhere but within. If you encounter people asking to avoid negative subjects, then their sovereignty within their heart isn't lit, it's just pretend.

This is some of the better advice I've received. Thanks.

RE: Achieving Christ-Consciousness - loostudent - 07-03-2017

Different attitudes to psychic powers are represented in this old story:

Once a monk approached the Buddha and stated that he had been meditating for over 30 years.

The Buddha asked, "what have you learned?"

The monk replied, "I have mastered the advanced states of meditation and now I can walk on water." The monk proceeded to walk on water across a lake and then back.

The Buddha said, "Is there a boat that can take you across?" The monk said, "yes." The Buddha asked, "what is the cost to take the boat to the other side?" "One-and-a-half cents" replied the monk.

The Buddha replied, "Then the value of your miracles is one-and-a-half cents."

The Buddha continued, "you could have taken a boat across for one-and-a-half cents to the other side and spent your time developing vipassana [insight] instead; and by now you would have been enlightened."