Bring4th
Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: The Corkboard (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor (/showthread.php?tid=14701)

Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - Diana - 07-23-2017

Is anyone here proficient in Adobe After Effects? I'm specifically interested in character rigging and particles. I'm using vector art created in Adobe Illustrator. The end goal is a game app.

If you are available for tutoring, please PM me with portfolio examples, your level of expertise, and what your charges would be. The interaction would likely be an hour at a time on Skype or Google Hangouts.

Thanks. Smile

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - AnthroHeart - 07-23-2017

I used to be. I used Total Training to learn.

It seems they have changed, if this is the same company.

https://totaltraining.com/products/adobe/after-effects-adobe/

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - Diana - 07-23-2017

(07-23-2017, 11:52 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: I used to be. I used Total Training to learn.

It seems they have changed, if this is the same company.

https://totaltraining.com/products/adobe/after-effects-adobe/

Thanks for the link IGW. How long ago did you do this? Which tutorials did you buy? Were you satisfied with the content?

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - AnthroHeart - 07-23-2017

I took the training back when it was offered on VHS tape. It was like 10-14 VHS tapes.
I haven't really worked with AE since then.

I bought the After Effects program by Total Training (their name at the time). I also got Adobe Premiere training then.

But I don't remember most of it. Yes I was satisfied with it. Back then their library wasn't as extensive as the link I sent you.
It would depend on which version of After Effects you're using.

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - Diana - 07-23-2017

(07-23-2017, 01:10 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: I took the training back when it was offered on VHS tape. It was like 10-14 VHS tapes.
I haven't really worked with AE since then.

I bought the After Effects program by Total Training (their name at the time). I also got Adobe Premiere training then.

But I don't remember most of it. Yes I was satisfied with it. Back then their library wasn't as extensive as the link I sent you.
It would depend on which version of After Effects you're using.

Thanks. Smile

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - GentleReckoning - 07-23-2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C913enLWYxE

Are these tutorials relevant?

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - Diana - 07-24-2017

(07-23-2017, 08:16 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C913enLWYxE

Are these tutorials relevant?

I don't know but I will check them out. Smile

What I would love at this point, since I have some (little) knowledge, is someone to give me person-to-person tutoring. I would like to ask questions and get right to the point. However, in the meantime, I am watching tutorials, so thank you. Smile

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - Billy - 07-24-2017

Would love nothing more than to offer such a service but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about that software.  Best of luck with the app though and if you don't mind me asking, what kind of game are you making Diana?

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - AnthroHeart - 07-24-2017

(07-24-2017, 10:09 AM)Billy Wrote: Would love nothing more than to offer such a service but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about that software.  Best of luck with the app though and if you don't mind me asking, what kind of game are you making Diana?

After Effects is a video post-production program. I don't believe it's used for games, unless you're talking the cutaway scenes.

(07-24-2017, 10:09 AM)Billy Wrote: Would love nothing more than to offer such a service but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about that software.  Best of luck with the app though and if you don't mind me asking, what kind of game are you making Diana?

Thank you Billy.

I'm developing a series of game apps for young children, that show how simple shapes can be put together to create cool characters. It encourages fluid intelligence and teaches critical thinking along with the fundamentals of art. Here is the website (under development) for my publishing company, Peewee Picasso ®.

(07-24-2017, 01:21 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote:

After Effects is a video post-production program. I don't believe it's used for games, unless you're talking the cutaway scenes.

It can be used for vector animation. But originally you are correct IGW. 

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - BlatzAdict - 07-24-2017

the basics are learning to cut, and make transitions, as well as layering in music, or cutting music or separating it from the video track so you can replace it with different audio. =̴̶̷̤̄ .̫ =̴̶̷̤̄

Umm it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it all. Good luck!

RE: Looking for Adobe After Effects tutor - BlatzAdict - 07-24-2017

I don't want to just pile it on and give you extra work you may not necessarily want to do, however what you're saying sounds like Flash would be more beneficial for you to create an interactive type of experience.

It also does vectoring, whatever you learn from After Effects somewhat transfers over to Flash since it also works with a timeline that let's you pan between sections.

I like how Flash can let you chop things up to become chapters, sort of... Anyway I used to be trained in almost all of the Adobe Applications.

(07-24-2017, 02:32 PM)BlatzAdict Wrote: I don't want to just pile it on and give you extra work you may not necessarily want to do, however what you're saying sounds like Flash would be more beneficial for you to create an interactive type of experience.

It also does vectoring, whatever you learn from After Effects somewhat transfers over to Flash since it also works with a timeline that let's you pan between sections.

I like how Flash can let you chop things up to become chapters, sort of...  Anyway I used to be trained in almost all of the Adobe Applications.

I thought so too, but I have been told by people in the biz that Flash is not being used anymore, and that After Effects is the new tool. At any rate, I have already been learning After Effects and I want to follow it through—the programmer I am working with says After Effects sequences and particles are easy to insert into the code. 

I have Flash as well but I haven't worked with it. My guess is that it's probably very similar in keyframing, etc. Too bad you weren't still up to date on these programs, you seem like a really smart person to me. Which is what I need: someone who knows the ins and outs enough to get me to shortcuts and the easiest/best ways to accomplish things.