Bring4th
Kabbalah book recommendations - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Kabbalah book recommendations (/showthread.php?tid=14765)

Kabbalah book recommendations - Glow - 08-12-2017

So I know a lot of you here have studied the Kabbalah extensively.

I wonder if there are specific books on it the wanderer or b4ther might find more relevant than others.

Thanks very much
In advance

RE: Kabbalah book recommendations - Stranger - 08-12-2017

I never studied it as such, but found it helpful to chant "72 names of God" - Google and it'll come up.

If you do it, just keep in mind that the Universe is conscious rather than mechanical. Therefore, whatever you do (including chanting the 72 names of God) implicates conscious spiritual entities. Using the names (or anything else) as simply a magic formula that works in some mechanical/automatic fashion would be a mistake; rather, I suggest doing this with love in your heart for the aspects of the Creator towards whom you are reaching out.

_____ - GentleWanderer - 08-13-2017

_______

RE: Kabbalah book recommendations - Glow - 08-13-2017

(08-12-2017, 11:01 PM)Stranger Wrote: I never studied it as such, but found it helpful to chant "72 names of God" - Google and it'll come up.

If you do it, just keep in mind that the Universe is conscious rather than mechanical. Therefore, whatever you do (including chanting the 72 names of God) implicates conscious spiritual entities. Using the names (or anything else) as simply a magic formula that works in some mechanical/automatic fashion would be a mistake; rather, I suggest doing this with love in your heart for the aspects of the Creator towards whom you are reaching out.

I have a book on the 72 names of god will look at that again thanks.

RE: Kabbalah book recommendations - Glow - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 04:50 AM)GentleWanderer Wrote: Hadn't really studied it myself but you can look those.
-Melita Denning & Osborne Phillips, their work seem to be praised by many.
-Franz Bardon, a true adept but maybe a difficult material.
-Colette Aboulker, his student Jerry Epstein. Their teachings come from an oral transmission of a kabbalist lineage although it isn't about the sephirot, it's about visualisation and psychology.

Thanks GentleWanderer!

RE: Kabbalah book recommendations - Infinite - 08-13-2017

The Mystical Qabalah - Dion Fortune
The Practical Qabalah - Charles Fielding

RE: Kabbalah book recommendations - anagogy - 08-13-2017

(08-12-2017, 06:35 PM)Glow Wrote: So I know a lot of you here have studied the Kabbalah extensively.

I wonder if there are specific books on it the wanderer or b4ther might find more relevant than others.

Thanks very much
In advance

What got you interested in Kabbalah?

And to answer your question, I hate them all. Just kidding.

If you are just starting out, almost any book is just fine, but once you get past the beginning knowledge, you are going to start feeling like you're treading through a nightmare of confusion and ill thought out metaphysical speculation. In time, that will pass. I would say out of astrology, the tarot, and kabbalah, kabbalah is probably the most complicated one to understand the archetypal mind with, but also one of the most rewarding. Part of that is it almost requires you to understand the other two to make sense of it.

And once you can begin to see the connections between all three, now you're cook'n!

If you are looking for actual Kabbalah, I prefer straight up Judaic sources (unfortunately I don't have a particular book/website/video I would recommend). I'm partial to Lurianic Kabbalah, but no source is the end all be all. You have to go beyond it all. Like Ra says, seek the touchstone. I would start with studying the sephira. There are a wealth of websites out there, and free books to find.

Every group has their distortions (and insights), whether it is Judaic Kabbalah, Hermetic Qabala, or Christian Cabala.

I was originally mad that the Ra group went with Tarot over the Tree of Life, but nowadays I'm happy about it, because the pathways (the 22 relationships) were far more mysterious than the sephira ever were (though that is not to say they are easy to understand either). I just had to figure out where they went.

I have made quite a bit of progress with the Tree of Life (but there are infinite nuances), enough to see that there is a ton of misinformation and superstition out there. I can't stress enough the importance of using your emotions to feel the concepts that are, shall we say, "out of tune". That sense is incredibly powerful to develop. It is literally the ability to sense spiritual light. I have really come to appreciate what a resource the Ra material has been. Seriously, people privy to this material were given so many undistorted keys to the archetypal mind that if the knowledge was really applied you have the potential to go beyond what almost any of the modern day pop occultists have divined about the tree of life.

RE: Kabbalah book recommendations - Glow - 08-14-2017

Thanks guys. You've given me a lot of options to find what I'm looking for what ever that is. Smile

To answer your question Anagogy my interest comes because I have over the last while been given understanding from my totality/teacher self that doesn't follow any new age dogma I have seen. Very oddly specific and nuanced. Complex and as of yet partially wordless understanding of "my" soul and "others souls and how "unity of all fits together.

Somehow I ended up reading some Kabbalistic stuff about their soul map/composition this week and the flavour of wordless nuance is similar. Like the mental imagery invoked matches.

I'm basically just curious now what else might have the same feel from Kabbalah. I trust my teacher self but there is comfort in finding the framiliar, much like when I found LOO. Smile
Lots of distortion and dogma for sure but I just want to see if there is more that might be of use.
BreadcrumbsWink
Thanks for your help.

RE: Kabbalah book recommendations - loostudent - 02-02-2018

I'm beginning to take interest in original (Judaic) Kabbalah. I searched the web and found one intro to Kabbalah that looks very clear, informative and undistorted to me:

Kabbalah 101