Bring4th
Positive adepts - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Positive adepts (/showthread.php?tid=14798)

Pages: 1 2

Positive adepts - loostudent - 08-24-2017

There has been a lot of debate over negative adepts (or at least confused adepts). I want to focus on positive adepts in recent human history. What do you think are the best examples?

RE: Positive adepts - Jade - 08-24-2017

Thank you for making this thread! I had the same thoughts.

I'm sure most people are aware I've been reading a lot of Leo Tolstoy lately. Tolstoy wrote some amazing pieces of fictional literature (War and Peace, Anna Karenina) but as he got older, had a spiritual crisis and struggled with suicide a lot. This quote hit me in the gut:

Quote:People are astonished that every year there are sixty thousand cases of suicide in Europe, and those only the recognized and recorded cases--and excluding Russia and Turkey; but one ought rather to be surprised that there are so few. Every man of the present day, if we go deep enough into the contradiction between his conscience and his life, is in a state of despair.

Not to speak of all the other contradictions between modern life and the conscience, the permanently armed condition of Europe together with its profession of Christianity is alone enough to drive any man to despair, to doubt of the sanity of mankind, and to terminate an existence in this senseless and brutal world. This contradiction, which is a quintessence of all the other contradictions, is so terrible that to live and to take part in it is only possible if one does not think of it--if one is able to forget it.

What! all of us, Christians, not only profess to love one another, but do actually live one common life; we whose social existence beats with one common pulse--we aid one another, learn from one another, draw ever closer to one another to our mutual happiness, and find in this closeness the whole meaning of life!--and to- morrow some crazy ruler will say some stupidity, and another will answer in the same spirit, and then I must go expose myself to being murdered, and murder men--who have done me no harm--and more than that, whom I love. And this is not a remote contingency, but the very thing we are all preparing for, which is not only probable, but an inevitable certainty.

To recognize this clearly is enough to drive a man out of his senses or to make him shoot himself. And this is just what does happen, and especially often among military men. A man need only come to himself for an instant to be impelled inevitably to such an end.

And this is the only explanation of the dreadful intensity with which men of modern times strive to stupefy themselves, with spirits, tobacco, opium, cards, reading newspapers, traveling, and all kinds of spectacles and amusements. These pursuits are followed up as an important, serious business. And indeed they are a serious business. If there were no external means of dulling their sensibilities, half of mankind would shoot themselves without delay, for to live in opposition to one's reason is the most intolerable condition. And that is the condition of all men of the present day. All men of the modern world exist in a state of continual and flagrant antagonism between their conscience and their way of life. This antagonism is apparent in economic as well as political life. But most striking of all is the contradiction between the Christian law of the brotherhood of men existing in the conscience and the necessity under which all men are placed by compulsory military service of being prepared for hatred and murder—of being at the same time a Christian and a gladiator.

Tolstoy believes that Jesus' teaching of nonviolence is his core teaching, and extrapolates Christianity based on that. I think his teachings of nonviolence dovetail perfectly with this Ra quote:

Quote:Finally, one may polarize very strongly [fourth] ray by expressing the principle of universal love at the total expense of any distortion towards involvement in bellicose actions. In this way the entity may become a conscious being in a very brief span of your time/space. This may be seen to be what you would call a traumatic progression. It is to be noted that among your entities a large percentage of all progression has as catalyst, trauma.

Gandhi actually wrote to Tolstoy for advice, to which of course Tolstoy stressed the importance of nonviolence. His postulation is that in a world that is so thoroughly violent, non-violence is the wrench that can break down the system. I am currently reading The Kingdom of God is Within You, which is actually a follow up to A Confession, which he details his beliefs in the confines of Christianity and Christ's teachings - specifically focusing on the sermon on the mount. In The Kingdom of God is Within You, Tolstoy is highly offended by the idea of compulsory military service, and also discusses thoroughly the ways that religion uses to control how men interpret the Bible, and how men usually viciously contort Christ's teachings to support their own violent worldview.

Can't recommend him enough!

I also think currently we have a lot of positive adepts incarnated as musicians. Rush is the best! (Even though one of them was highly influenced by Ayn Rand early on! He's now denounced that influence. Smile )

_________ - GentleWanderer - 08-24-2017

_______

RE: Positive adepts - Jade - 08-24-2017

Ra also mentions Martin Luther King, and Albert Schweitzer.

Quote:34.10 Questioner: If an entity were to be strongly biased toward positive societal effects, what would this do to his yellow ray in the aura as opposed to an entity who wanted to create an empire of society and govern it with an iron fist? What would be the difference in the yellow-ray activity of these two entities?

Ra: I am Ra. Let us take two such positively oriented active souls no longer in your physical time/space. The one known as Albert, who went into a strange and, to it, a barbaric society in order that it might heal. This entity was able to mobilize great amounts of energy and what you call money. This entity spent much green-ray energy both as a healer and as a lover of your instrument known as the organ. This entity’s yellow ray was bright and crystallized by the efforts needed to procure the funds to promulgate its efforts. However, the green and blue rays were of a toweringly brilliant nature as well. The higher levels, as you may call them, being activated, the lower, as you may call them, energy points remain, in a balanced being, quite, quite bright.

The other example is the entity, Martin. This entity dealt in a great degree with rather negative orange-ray and yellow-ray vibratory patterns. However, this entity was able to keep open the green-ray energy and due to the severity of its testing, if anything, this entity may be seen to have polarized more towards the positive due to its fidelity to service to others in the face of great catalyst.

34.11 Questioner: Could you give me the last names of Albert and Martin?

Ra: I am Ra. These entities are known to you as Albert Schweitzer and Martin Luther King.

I'd seen some quotes from Schweitzer recently, I think I can dig this dude.

Quote:"We must fight against the spirit of unconscious cruelty with which we treat the animals. Animals suffer as much as we do. True humanity does not allow us to impose such sufferings on them. It is our duty to make the whole world recognize it. Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace."

RE: Positive adepts - YinYang - 08-24-2017

I would add two people whom I have discovered fairly recently - Rainer Maria Rilke and Meister Eckhart.

Jade Wrote:I'd seen some quotes from Schweitzer recently, I think I can dig this dude.

One of my favourite Schweitzer quotes is this one:

[Image: happiness-is-nothing-more-than-good-heal...nk73hh.jpg]

Jiddu Krishnamurti! Big one! :-)

RE: Positive adepts - Patrick - 08-24-2017

I like Tolle:     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckhart_Tolle

Quote:A true spiritual teacher does not have anything to teach in the conventional sense of the word, does not have anything to give or add to you, such as new information, beliefs, or rules of conduct. The only function of such a teacher is to help you remove that which separates you from the truth ... The words are no more than signposts.

RE: Positive adepts - Nau7ik - 08-25-2017

You're totally right loostudent! Let's focus on the positives now Smile

Bhagawan Nityananda, an Arahant
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagawan_Nityananda

Dion Fortune, a British Qabalist and white magician
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dion_Fortune

RE: Positive adepts - Nau7ik - 08-25-2017

(08-24-2017, 12:56 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote:
Quote:There has been a lot of debate over negative adepts (or at least confused adepts). I want to focus on positive adepts in recent human history. What do you think are the best examples?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Deunov

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omraam_Mikha%C3%ABl_A%C3%AFvanhov

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Bardon

https://www.paullowe.org/videos/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_Jodorowsky

(08-24-2017, 11:32 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: I also think currently we have a lot of positive adepts incarnated as musicians.

Yeah, and since many centuries ago. JS Bach, Mozart...

Franz Bardon! I knew I recognized that name. I have his book "Initiation into Hermetics." He is very strict about magick being used purely for self transformation. To be used on the self. He condemns all black magick. And from the wiki page I just read, he was interned at a Nazi concentration camp for not participating in Nazi black magick (they say mysticism, but the occult Nazis were black magicians).

RE: Positive adepts - loostudent - 08-25-2017

(08-24-2017, 11:32 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: I also think currently we have a lot of positive adepts incarnated as musicians. Rush is the best! (Even though one of them was highly influenced by Ayn Rand early on! He's now denounced that influence. Smile )

Yeah! Smile I'm not sure about Rush as adepts but I see the attitude of a seeker - as with most of progressive rock. I njoy only the early phase of Rush - full of enthusiasm, optimism, hope, creativity ...

RE: Positive adepts - Glow - 08-25-2017

(08-25-2017, 08:49 AM)loostudent Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:32 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: I also think currently we have a lot of positive adepts incarnated as musicians. Rush is the best! (Even though one of them was highly influenced by Ayn Rand early on! He's now denounced that influence. Smile )

Yeah! Smile I'm not sure about Rush as adepts but I see the attitude of a seeker - as with most of progressive rock. I njoy only the early phase of Rush - full of enthusiasm, optimism, hope, creativity ...

You never know what they are doing on their own time, so I'd not dismiss them. Besides the song closer to the heart is certainly spiritual insight/direction, possibly channeled.

Closer To The Heart
Rush
And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start
To mold a new reality
Closer to the heart
Closer to the heart
The blacksmith and the artist
Reflect it in their art
They forge their creativity
Closer to the heart
Yes closer to the heart
Philosophers and plowmen
Each must know his part
To sow a new mentality
Closer to the heart
Yes closer to the heart, yeah, oh
Whoa whoa
You can be the captain
And I will draw the chart
Sailing into destiny
Closer to…

RE: Positive adepts - YinYang - 08-25-2017

Oh yes, and Ramana Maharshi!

He was also asked about vegetarianism.

RE: Positive adepts - sunnysideup - 08-25-2017

Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī

(08-24-2017, 11:32 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: Tolstoy believes that Jesus' teaching of nonviolence is his core teaching, and extrapolates Christianity based on that.

I agree with Tolstoy that the world needs love, forgiveness and charity to brake the chain of hatred, revenge and violence ... and I praise his influence on other great pacifists ... but I believe this is just a part of the teaching of Jesus. How can one overlook the importance of faith and connection between love to neighbour and love to Creator? I can't agree with rationalist and antireligious transformation of gospel message. This way Christianity is reduced to moral code and all other canceled: miracles, rituals, life after death and anything related to mystery.

BTW: Let's not forget Jesus Christ as a great positive adept!

Ibn Arabi

_______ - GentleWanderer - 08-26-2017

_______

________ - GentleWanderer - 08-26-2017

_______

RE: Positive adepts - sjel - 08-26-2017

Speaking of positive adepts in the musical community - Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin surely hold that title.

Boards of Canada's music sparks the most intense sense of presence I ever experience. As if their music comes from deep within the unconscious recesses of my own soul as well as from their own. I mean, their most recent album is called "Tomorrow's Harvest." Needless to say, I hold them in very high regard.

If you grew up in a suburban neighborhood, with unconscious parents, then listen to this album. It will sound familiar. Don't ask me how, or why.

[Image: Musichastherighttochildren.jpg]

And as for Aphex Twin? Just the greatest musical genius to ever live, that's all.  Tongue

RE: Positive adepts - loostudent - 04-23-2018

Some positive adepts from where I come from:

Adelma Vay

Jurij Humar
(not much in English for now)

RE: Positive adepts - flofrog - 04-23-2018

Talking of musicians I wonder about Hans Zimmer, his music for Inception transported me as well as the Thin Red Line and Interstellar.  An asteroid was named for him BigSmile

RE: Positive adepts - Aion - 04-24-2018

RE: Positive adepts - loostudent - 06-30-2018

What happened to Alan Watts?

He was a skilful and entertaining talker. His messages seem deep and enlightened. I like his talks very much. Then I've found out his life was not so great. How could someone so wise end up in depression, alcocholism...? Why all the wisdom couldn't be put into practice demonstrating the fruits of such learning?

RE: Positive adepts - Sacred Fool - 07-01-2018

(06-30-2018, 07:47 AM)loostudent Wrote: What happened to Alan Watts?

I don't know the details, but suspect that, as more energy flowed through his system, deep lower chakra blockages became more energized and touched off unconscious feelings of alienation that he was unable to balance.  If true, it would not be an uncommon story, sadly.  Something similar, I suppose, could be said about Don Elkins.  The path is dimly lit, and sometimes confusion can get the better of us.  It's not for nothing that Ra & Q'uo frequently advise clearing what comes up in the lower energy centers.

RE: Positive adepts - loostudent - 07-03-2018

If this is so it looks like even brilliant mind and great knowledge of spiritual nature can't bypass purification and balancing.

RE: Positive adepts - AnthroHeart - 07-03-2018

Did Alan Watts die or just become insane or something?

RE: Positive adepts - ada - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 03:27 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: Did Alan Watts die or just become insane or something?

Quote:In October 1973, Watts returned from a European lecture tour to his cabin in Druid Heights. Friends of Watts had been concerned about him for some time over what they considered his excessive alcohol consumption.[35] On 16 November 1973, he died in his sleep. He was reported to have been under treatment for a heart condition.

RE: Positive adepts - unity100 - 07-08-2018

Now, adept is a very intricate concept.

FDR was a wanderer. Was he an adept?

Tesla was an almost angelic entity. Was he an adept?

Or, the entities who received education in pyramids in the early stages' of Ra's visit on fundamentals of mind, body, spirit and the existence. Were they adepts?

The latter is the most likely case. Adept is a word which has specific meaning. It doesnt seem to apply to every single wanderer or entity of high positive or negative vibratory nature.

RE: Positive adepts - loostudent - 07-09-2018

It seems "adept" designates a blend of mystical and scientifical approach in spirituality.

RE: Positive adepts - Nau7ik - 07-10-2018

Let’s look at the grades of ‘adept’ on the Tree of Life!

Adeptus Minor 5=6 is the title given to one who has attained to the sphere of Tiphareth. It is the lowest grade of adepthood.
Adeptus Major 6=5 is the sphere of Geburah, and
Adeptus Exemptus 7=4 is the title given unto one who has attained to the sphere of Chesed.

Now, the title of Master is different from an Adept. A true Master has crossed the Abyss and is no longer bound to the cycle of birth and death.
Quote:A very important and very imperfectly understood part of the mysteries is played by those beings who are generally called the Masters. Different schools define the term differently, and some include living adepts of a high grade among the Masters; but we consider that it is advisable to make a distinction between the incarnate and disincarnate Elder Brethren because their mission and mode of function are entirely different. The title of Master should therefore be given only to those who are free from the wheel of birth and death. In the terminology of the Western Esoteric Tradition the grade of Adeptus Extemptus is assigned to Chesed, the term Exemptus, or exempt, indicating that freedom from karma which liberated from the Wheel. I am fully aware that others may attach a different significance to the title, and that there are persons in incarnation who hold this grade. To these I reply that such persons, if the grade be a functioning one and not a mere empty honour, are karma-free and will not reincarnate. Such persons might justly be termed Masters, for their consciousness is of the grade of a Master, but as it is so necessary to make the distinction between incarnate and discarnate adepts, it is better to qualify the classification by this minor distinction than to allow to humans a prestige which human nature is not fitted to bear. As long as an adept is incarnated he will be liable to human frailties in some degree, and to the limitations imposed by old age and physical health. It is not until he is free from the Wheel, and functions as pure consciousness, that he will escape from human bondage to heredity and environment; therefore the same reliance can not be placed in him as that can be placed in the true, discarnate Masters.