Bring4th
_____ - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: _____ (/showthread.php?tid=14829)

_____ - GentleWanderer - 09-06-2017

_____

RE: Healing with sounds and music - Nau7ik - 09-13-2017

Music certainly has that capability, in my opinion!

There are certain genres of music that, for me, help to bring me into a higher state of consciousness, a higher vibration. The music resonates with the higher energy centers, sometimes if I'm particularly moved I can feel a vibration or tingling in the area of the chakra.
For me it's uplifting and progressive trance. Im pretty sure some of these guys are Wanderers.
(Check out Andy Blueman, absolutely incredible stuff. Be prepared to be blown away: https://youtu.be/ygXD4igA7ME )

Pythagoras also talks about music:
Quote:Pythagoras evinced such a marked preference for stringed instruments that he even went so far as to warn his disciples against allowing their ears to be defiled by the sounds of flutes or cymbals. He further declared that the soul could be purified from its irrational influences by solemn songs sung to the accompaniment of the lyre. In his investigation of the therapeutic value of harmonics, Pythagoras discovered that the seven modes--or keys--of the Greek system of music had the power to incite or allay the various emotions. It is related that while observing the stars one night he encountered a young man befuddled with strong drink and mad with jealousy who was piling faggots about his mistress' door with the intention of burning the house. The frenzy of the youth was accentuated by a flutist a short distance away who was playing a tune in the stirring Phrygian mode. Pythagoras induced the musician to change his air to the slow, and rhythmic Spondaic mode, whereupon the intoxicated youth immediately became composed and, gathering up his bundles of wood, returned quietly to his own home.

There is also an account of how Empedocles, a disciple of Pythagoras, by quickly changing the mode of a musical composition he was playing, saved the life of his host, Anchitus, when the latter was threatened with death by the sword of one whose father he had condemned to public execution. It is also known that Esculapius, the Greek physician, cured sciatica and other diseases of the nerves by blowing a loud trumpet in the presence of the patient.

Pythagoras cured many ailments of the spirit, soul, and body by having certain specially prepared musical compositions played in the presence of the sufferer or by personally reciting short selections from such early poets as Hesiod and Homer. In his university at Crotona it was customary for the Pythagoreans to open and to close each day with songs--those in the morning calculated to clear the mind from sleep and inspire it to the activities of the coming day; those in the evening of a mode soothing, relaxing, and conducive to rest. At the vernal equinox, Pythagoras caused his disciples to gather in a circle around one of their number who led them in song and played their accompaniment upon a lyre.

The therapeutic music of Pythagoras is described by Iamblichus thus: "And there are certain melodies devised as remedies against the passions of the soul, and also against despondency and lamentation, which Pythagoras invented as things that afford the greatest assistance in these maladies. And again, he employed other melodies against rage and anger, and against every aberration of the soul. There is also another kind of modulation invented as a remedy against desires." (See The Life of Pythagoras.)
http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta19.htm

RE: Healing with sounds and music - 777 - 09-13-2017

deleted

RE: Healing with sounds and music - Observer - 09-28-2017

Solfeggio frequencies, solfeggio frequencies, solfeggio frequencies.

You can really tap into some powerful healing frequencies right from youtube with a pair of headphones. Theres even powerful healing meditations that involve hypnosis for people that dont have an easy time getting into that meditative state.

RE: Healing with sounds and music - Ashim - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 03:20 AM)Observer Wrote: Solfeggio frequencies, solfeggio frequencies, solfeggio frequencies.

You can really tap into some powerful healing frequencies right from youtube with a pair of headphones. Theres even powerful healing meditations that involve hypnosis for people that dont have an easy time getting into that meditative state.

I agree, but do your homework and research the subject first. I wouldn't just listen to some random Youtube video. Oh, wait... 

RE: Healing with sounds and music - Aion - 10-04-2017

I have experienced a number of sound healing sessions and I make use of vocal tones with my Reiki practice. I find it is very effective and a very tangible way of both engaging the receiver and to get energy flowing. It is also very useful for creating a relaxing atmosphere in the environment.

I was also involved with an Inner Dimensional Sound Chamber which is probably one of the coolest meditative tools I've ever encountered.

http://www.soundcoherence.com/about_the_chamber.html

Numerous people experienced profound insights and healing effects while using it. I became involved with it because I had heard about it and so got in contact with the lady who owned it about pricing but never ended up doing it. Later on she asked me if I knew any sound techniicians because it wasn't working right and conveniently enough my Dad and I are musicians so we offered to help. We ended up replacing the whole sound system and compacting their setup to a much more manageable size and rebuild the bed out of wood since it was originally made of metal and we figured the wood would be a much more harmonious resonator for the body. One of the cool things was one of my Dad's friends who is a long-time drummer got in the chamber and we put on a Rush song that he is familiar with. He said that while he was in the chamber he was actually able to hear better out of his right ear which was actually the side with more loss. Also, he heard a part near the end of the song played on the hi-hat which he had never picked up on before and this was a song he knew well.

Small world story. I heard about the chambers from my Mom. There are only something like nine of them in existence. My Mom first encountered it in a shop here on Vancouver Island and was able to try it, that was back in the 70's or 80's. So when I heard about one in Edmonton I was excited and told her all about it. Later I found out that the lady who owns it bought it here on the island and shipped it out to Edmonton. It is the exact same one my Mom tried all those years ago! I guess we were meant to work with it. The owner is actually a welder and I'm hoping to convince her to help me build my own one day.

We didn't tell him anything about the potential effects before putting him in there to check it out. First thing he said when he got out was, "You know, I think this thing might have healing properties!" It was a very validating moment. We were also invited to bring it to a Gregg Braden seminar since they set up some vendors at the back. We would let people lay in it for 10-15 minutes and many people had great experiences. Meeting Gregg was also a treat. He is a funny little fellow.

I am also a big fan of singing bowls as I have found them to be a great vehicle for meditation and journeying, as well as clearing and raising the energy in a space. Overall, music and sound are probably some of the most ancient tools used for healing, going back to drumming and singing ceremonies in shamanic cultures. The Egyptians and Greeks were certainly both familiar with the concept of sound as medicine as well as in Chinese Traditional Medicine.

RE: Healing with sounds and music - loostudent - 10-30-2017

Quote:In 1975, [Robert] Monroe registered the first of several patents[20][21][22] concerning audio techniques designed to stimulate brain functions until the left and right hemispheres became synchronized. Monroe held that this state, dubbed Hemi-Sync (hemispherical synchronization), could be used to promote mental well-being or to trigger an altered state of consciousness. Monroe's concept was based on an earlier hypothesis known as binaural beats and has since been expanded upon a commercial basis by the self-help industry.[23]

Hemi-Sync is a trademarked brand name for a patented process[20][21][22] used to create audio patterns containing binaural beats, which are commercialized in the form of audio CDs. Interstate Industries Inc., created by Hemi-Sync founder Robert Monroe, is the owner of the Hemi-Sync technology.

Hemi-Sync is short for Hemispheric Synchronization, also known as brainwave synchronization. Monroe indicated that the technique synchronizes the two hemispheres of one's brain, thereby creating a 'frequency-following response' designed to evoke certain effects. Hemi-Sync has been used for many purposes, including relaxation and sleep induction, learning and memory aids, helping those with physical and mental difficulties, and reaching altered states of consciousness through the use of sound.

The technique involves using sound waves to entrain brain waves. Wearing headphones, Monroe claimed that brains respond by producing a third sound (called binaural beats) that encouraged various brainwave activity changes.[19][24] In 2002, a University of Virginia presentation at the Society for Psychophysiologial Research examined Monroe's claim. The presentation demonstrated that EEG changes did not occur when the standard electromagnetic headphones of Monroe's setup were replaced by air conduction headphones, which were connected to a remote transducer by rubber tubes. This suggests that the basis for the entrainment effects is electromagnetic rather than acoustical.[25]

Replicated, double-blind, randomized trials on anesthetized patients have found Hemi-Sync effective as a partial replacement for fentanyl during surgery.[26][27] A similar study found it ineffective at replacing propofol however.[28] (Wiki)

RE: Healing with sounds and music - loostudent - 11-04-2017

Gong is a well known sound healing instrument. Also related to religious rituals are bells. It's interesting that both instruments have a very rich sound spectrum although bells have a more focused pitch.

RE: Healing with sounds and music - Sprout - 01-03-2018

RE: Healing with sounds and music - Sprout - 01-08-2018