Bring4th
Episode #63 - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research's Law of One Podcast (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Episode #63 (/showthread.php?tid=14837)

Episode #63 - Bring4th_Austin - 09-13-2017

Episode #63

In this episode, we discuss:
- Wisdom, and how it relates to love.

*Featuring special guest Jeremy! (AKA rva_jeremy)

A transcript for this episode will be posted once it is available.

Feel free to discuss this episode in this thread!

RE: Episode #63 - rva_jeremy - 09-14-2017

After listening to this episode I realized that you three are really accomplished speakers. All my umms! Thanks for including me, it really was awesome and such an honor. Sorry I didn't go more into my personal heart-opening experience but I think we hit a lot of good points.

Jim's point about thinking he was pursuing that path of the open heart is really important.  I don't think I did anything to open my heart; like Jim, it happened to me.  Choice enters in when we diligently lay the groundwork for a new balance by feeling emotions deeply, I believe, and kind of showing the heart that it's safe to come out.  One can also create space in the mind for new, fresh thinking to have room.  But the heart emerges in it's own time, I suppose.

I'm glad that Austin and other expanded on the way that irresponsible use of thought hampers our ability to feel.  This is a brand spanking new idea for me in my spiritual journey, so important that it makes the preceding 20 years of seeking feel like I was doing it in black and white.

With respect to Buddhism, I really am a n00b, I should make that clear.  But I think there's something I never understood about the detachment that's so integral to practicing Buddhism.  I used to think that detachment was an overcoming or ignoring of catalyst in order to not let it affect you.  Now I think I totally misunderstood it, and I suspect many have the misconception I had.  From my reading it's much more about letting catalyst affect you directly and completely so that you aren't addicted to the idea that everything needs to be settled, resolved, worked out and tied up with a bow.  You get used to the ambiguity and sometimes up, sometimes down nature of phenomenal, third density reality and don't tie your sense of rightness and wrongness to the whimsy of mood or circumstance.  That is a much truer and human detachment, where we're not detaching from experience but instead detaching from our expectations, our need for experience to always be a certain way, our way.

I think Gary had a much better answer than I did with respect to negative use of intellect and emotions. To be honest, I think my idea that negative folks protect themselves from feeling fully is a kind of anti-concept, because you cannot protect yourself from emotions. You can only control your reaction, so STS entities use thought and will to channel emotional pain to their ends. They don't protect themselves from it per se, they get revenge for it. The best they can do is inflict more emotional suffering on another than they have endured, thus constituting an advantage in their brutal game.

RE: Episode #63 - rva_jeremy - 09-15-2017

Hatonn Wrote:Fourthly, we ask you, as always, to maintain that level of detachment which ensures that you are as able to laugh at the comedy of life as it applies to yourself, as you are able to laugh at the comedy of life as it applies to others.

This detachment is a divine sense of humor which will lead you to a knowledge of the oneness of the universe. As you make your errors, so may you laugh and say, “There also am I.” Thus, when you see the same error in others, you may nod and say again, “There also am I.”

June 10, 1979

RE: Episode #63 - auntiemable - 10-02-2017

I just tried to listen to the Podcast Episode 63. Is there something wrong with it or is it on my end? It goes along fine and then restarts from the beginning then it goes along and Jeremy is cut off by Austin and this continues throughout.

RE: Episode #63 - rva_jeremy - 10-03-2017

(10-02-2017, 06:36 PM)auntiemable Wrote: I just tried to listen to the Podcast Episode 63. Is there something wrong with it or is it on my end? It goes along fine and then restarts from the beginning then it goes along and Jeremy is cut off by Austin and this continues throughout.

My download was fine. Try perhaps re downloading. You can always listen to it on the web here.

RE: Episode #63 - auntiemable - 10-03-2017

Your link didn't work either. I had to listen from the player from the podcast page, but finally got to listen to the whole thing through.

"...because you cannot protect yourself from emotions." I'm not sure that is always true. There are some that create walls within themselves to block emotions such as a building a wall around the heart after being hurt too many times in the pursuit of love. They close themselves off from this emotion thereby not allowing anyone to become close to them. It may not be a good or healthy way to deal with emotions, but, in effect, it protects them from emotions that they consider painful. Sometimes these walls are very difficult to overcome. Just thought I'd point that out.

I did want to say, Jeremy, that despite your criticism of the "umm's", your presence brought a different perspective to the podcast group that I really enjoyed. Hope to hear more from you in the future!

RE: Episode #63 - rva_jeremy - 10-17-2017

AuntieMable Wrote:"...because you cannot protect yourself from emotions." I'm not sure that is always true. There are some that create walls within themselves to block emotions such as a building a wall around the heart after being hurt too many times in the pursuit of love. They close themselves off from this emotion thereby not allowing anyone to become close to them. It may not be a good or healthy way to deal with emotions, but, in effect, it protects them from emotions that they consider painful. Sometimes these walls are very difficult to overcome. Just thought I'd point that out.

Thanks for calling me out on this. I think cutting yourself off from feeling is not a defense so much as a deferring from the larger, spiritual, time dilated point of view. But I certainly agree with you that this is something people can do.

However, I really feel like I was a bit sloppy in that podcast, the more I listen to it. I should have been clear that what I was speaking about was specifically the polarizing aspects of emotion. Without feeling emotion, I believe you have nothing to work with in terms of making a choice. Without emotion, there is nothing at stake in choosing one's path. The positive path accepts, the negative path controls -- and by control, they don't cease feeling the emotion so much as channel the energy into their desired, self-serving end -- but there has to be something to accept or control. Not feeling emotions is a form of hibernation, deadening and numbing the self to protect it.

Perhaps for many people catalyst just becomes overwhelming, and the corrections to pre-incarnative programming can only be dialed in once one is on the ground, so to speak. In that sense, maybe we should have more respect for these walls sometimes. I often wonder whether an ideal like health matters in a situation like ours, where everything is so mysterious, and what hurts actually helps us grow. There is so much uniqueness to the paths we walk.

Thanks for your kind words! I hope you're doing well, it was so wonderful to meet you last month.

RE: Episode #63 - kristina - 03-15-2019

Gary, your description of how the heart breaks the self open allows the experience to touch the self and how wisdom helps with processing and the integration of experience.
Knowledge of human behavior such as psychology is so easy for those of us who are the logical and rational types. And when you view it from that particular lense you are really looking at another's challenges with a very small perspective. Kind of like looking at a rainbow in the sky and only seeing purple. Empathy is the antithesis of psychology or the knowledge of human behaviors. It is the seeing the full spectrum of the rainbow. Empathy can only be expressed through the green ray in my humble opinion. There is a deep current of activity below a human's surface that rages like a river and in this current you can see why they are suffering, where it began, why it persists and how this has impacted their life. This information does not come from the blue ray. This information comes from feeling and without an itellectual standard.