Bring4th
Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archetypes of Mind, Body, & Spirit (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers (/showthread.php?tid=15626)

Pages: 1 2

Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - unity100 - 04-25-2018

[Image: tarot06.jpg]

In this card, does the female on the right turn the mind towards the right by pulling the left hand of the mind towards the right with her left hand, and the female on the left do the opposite?

https://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=99#8

Quote:99.8 Questioner: Thank you. Card Number Six I see as the Transformation of the Mind, the male’s crossed arms representing transformation, transformation being possible either toward the left- or the right-hand path, the right-hand path being beckoned or led by the female, the Potentiator. The one on the right having the serpent of wisdom at the brow and being fully clothed, the one on the left having less clothing and indicating that the Matrix or Potentiator would be more concerned and attracted to the physical illusion as the left-hand path is chosen and more concerned and attracted to the mental as the right-hand path is chosen.

The creature above points an arrow at the left-hand path indicating that if this path is chosen the chips, shall we say, will fall where they may, the path being unprotected as far as the random activity of catalyst. And the intellectual abilities of the chooser of that path would be the main guardian rather than a designed or built-in protection by the Logos for the right-hand path. The entity firing the arrow being what seems to be a second density entity would indicate that this catalyst could be produced by a lesser-evolved source, you might say. Would Ra comment on these observations of Card Six, the Transformation of the Mind?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall speak upon several aspects seriatim. Firstly, let us examine the crossed arms of the male who is to be transformed. What, O student, do you make of the crossing? What see you in this tangle? There is a creative point to be found in this element which was not discussed overmuch by the questioner.

Let us now observe the evaluation of the two females. The observation that to the left-hand path moves the roughly physical and to the right-hand path the mental has a shallow correctness. There are deeper observations to be made concerning the relationship of the great sea of the unconscious mind to the conscious mind which may fruitfully be pursued. Remember, O student, that these images are not literal. They haunt rather than explicate.

Many use the trunk and roots of mind as if that portion of mind were a badly used, prostituted entity. Then this entity gains from this great storehouse that which is rough, prostituted, and without great virtue. Those who turn to the deep mind, seeing it in the guise of the maiden, go forth to court it. The courtship has nothing of plunder in its semblance and may be protracted, yet the treasure gained by such careful courtship is great. The right-hand and left-hand transformations of the mind may be seen to differ by the attitude of the conscious mind towards its own resources as well as the resources of other-selves.

We now speak of that genie, or elemental, or mythic figure, culturally determined, which sends the arrow to the left-hand transformation. This arrow is not the arrow which kills but rather that which, in its own way, protects. Those who choose separation, that being the quality most indicative of the left-hand path, are protected from other-selves by a strength and sharpness equivalent to the degree of transformation which the mind has experienced in the negative sense. Those upon the right-hand path have no such protection against other-selves for upon that path the doughty seeker shall find many mirrors for reflection in each other-self it encounters.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - Louisabell - 04-25-2018

(04-25-2018, 10:13 PM)unity100 Wrote: In this card, does the female on the right turn the mind towards the right by pulling the left hand of the mind towards the right with her left hand, and the female on the left do the opposite?

It would appear so. What do you think the significance of this is?

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - unity100 - 04-25-2018

(04-25-2018, 10:54 PM)Louisabell Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 10:13 PM)unity100 Wrote: In this card, does the female on the right turn the mind towards the right by pulling the left hand of the mind towards the right with her left hand, and the female on the left do the opposite?

It would appear so. What do you think the significance of this is?

This may not be only symbolic, but may have a relation to the daily ordinary energy balance of right/left. In he material, there are references to toppling/falling towards a direction in other points not relevant to tarot or this card.

It may be so that the feeling/orientation one have in his/her body and the balance of energy in left and right hand side may relate to polarities.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - Glow - 04-26-2018

Great post.
I’m guessing the tangle of arms Ra hints at is the heart being guarded or contained but admittedly I have only just read the post so not taken much time. I’d say the females dress contrasts vulnerablity and openness.

The right paths being much more exposed especially the heart is just generally vulnerable symbolically of how one is when open hearted. She is also vulnerable to the lessons of its mirrors but perhaps also with more exposure she is open to sensing through intuition.. that might be a stretch.

The left hand has its guard/protection up. Heart fully covered but also protected from the lessons of its mirrors more so.

Off to work thanks for sharing something great to start the day.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - Jade - 04-26-2018

Ra explains what this means in a subsequent session. "In order for the Transformation of Mind to occur, one principle governing the use of the deep mind must be abandoned." There is no balance of the polarities in the card, this card is about dedicating oneself to a polarity, and abandoning the other one.

The thrice echoed triangles show the diversion of the paths, as one polarizes more on one side, they get further from the other path.

Quote:100.6 Questioner: Thank you. To continue with the tarot, I would like to make the additional observation with respect to Card Six that the male’s arms being crossed, if the female to his right pulls on his left hand it would cant*, in effect turn him, his entire body, toward the right and the same is true for the female on the left: pulling on his right hand she will turn his entire body to her side. Which is my interpretation of what’s meant by the tangle of the arms. That the transformation occurs by pull which attempts to turn the entity toward the left or the right-hand path. Would Ra comment on that observation?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall. The concept of the pull towards mental polarity may well be examined in the light of what the student has already accreted concerning the nature of the conscious, exemplified by the male, and the unconscious, exemplified by the female. Indeed, both the prostituted and the virginal of deep mind invite and await the reaching.

In this image of Transformation of Mind, then, each of the females points the way it would go, but is not able to move, nor are the two female entities striving to do so. They are at rest. The conscious entity holds both and will turn itself one way or the other or, potentially, backwards and forwards, rocking first one way then the other and not achieving the transformation. In order for the Transformation of Mind to occur, one principle governing the use of the deep mind must be abandoned.

It is to be noted that the triangular shape formed by the shoulders and crossed elbows of consciousness is a shape to be associated with transformation. Indeed, you may see this shape echoed twice more in the image, each echo having its own riches to add to the impact of this complex of concepts.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - rva_jeremy - 04-26-2018

I wonder if there's any significance to the positioning of the pulling. The females are attempting to move the male's orientation, but they do so by pulling on an arm on the opposite side of the direction they seek to turn him. Does this imply anything about the character of transformation, I wonder? Like maybe we polarize STO through the use of our left hand catalyst and vice versa?

I dunno, just speculating. I try to keep in mind that this is a stylized representation of an ideal. It's rarely going to directly map onto our conscious experience, when we would recognize the "resonance" of the archetypal mind.

In fact just what this representation actually represents beyond "you know, an archetype", which is a kind of tautology, is rather elusive. For example, when we think of transformation, we probably picture in our head something going from one state to another. That's what "transformation" means. But this seems to be capturing the very concept of transformation itself, without an end state and arguably without a start state, just that middle condition of "in progress". It's not the feeling of "man I need to choose" or "yay, I chose", but rather "which will I choose? I dunno. I feel this way about this, but that way about that" kind of wishy washiness -- which of course is a way of describing the "rocking back and forth" those of Ra describe.

In fact, I think that rocking back and forth -- the flirtation with one polarity, then the other, then back -- is actually the essence of transformation; it pinpoints the exact feeling of being swept along into a new self, one where choice is something that feels like it's happening to you as much as giving you a choice.

The idea that we polarize positively through left-hand catalyst and vice versa is shown in the Significator of Mind, the little imps being of opposite polarity for the side upon which they sit.

Quote:97.16 Questioner: I was wondering why the dark entity was on the right side of the card as far as the male figure, which is the Significator, is concerned, and the light white entity is on the left. If you could comment on that after making the instrument cough, please?

Ra: [Cough.] The nature of… We pause.

[Ten second pause.]

I am Ra. There was a serious pain flare. We may now continue.

The nature of polarity is interesting in that those experiences offered to the Significator as positive frequently become recorded as productive of biases which may be seen to be negative, whereas the fruit of those experiences apparently negative is frequently found to be helpful in the development of the service-to-others bias. As this is perhaps the guiding characteristic of that which the mind processes and records, these symbols of polarity have thusly been placed.

You may note that the hands of the central image indicate the appropriate bias for right- and left-hand working; that is, the right hand gestures in service to others, offering its light outward. The left hand attempts to absorb the power of the spirit and point it for its use alone.

I think the "tangle" in the arms of this card has to do with how "Both the prostituted and the virginal of deep mind invite and await the reaching." I think this is a good point to ponder, because this is what "discernment" is based upon - the deep mind, the subconscious, is infinite, and veiled - and there are two paths. Both paths can make themselves appear to be "the correct one". This is why you cannot achieve the transformation until you ABANDON one of the uses of the deep mind - otherwise you will "wobble", out of confusion, because you're not sure which version of the deep mind that you are courting from moment to moment.

The tricky thing about this card is that it's the left-hand path that is "protected" and supported. The right hand path is full of uncertainty and pain, as you are attempting to empathize with all of creation, and there is a lot of pain being exhibited on planet earth at this time. The imp protects those who choose separation, prostitution, plunder.

Quote:In fact, I think that rocking back and forth -- the flirtation with one polarity, then the other, then back -- is actually the essence of transformation; it pinpoints the exact feeling of being swept along into a new self, one where choice is something that feels like it's happening to you as much as giving you a choice.

Not to quibble with semantics but the rocking back in forth is actually indicative of a lack of Transformation. I think the uncertainty and wishy-washiness that you describe is actually more in line with Catalyst of the Spirit. I believe at a certain point, for the adept, the Transformation of Mind must become a conscious choice and not be something that feels inevitable. I think the lack of choice in Transformation is represented in the Transformation of the Spirit - where the entity feels the higher calling, and is summoned, although bound.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - Diana - 04-26-2018

Quote:Many use the trunk and roots of mind as if that portion of mind were a badly used, prostituted entity. Then this entity gains from this great storehouse that which is rough, prostituted, and without great virtue. Those who turn to the deep mind, seeing it in the guise of the maiden, go forth to court it. The courtship has nothing of plunder in its semblance and may be protracted, yet the treasure gained by such careful courtship is great. The right-hand and left-hand transformations of the mind may be seen to differ by the attitude of the conscious mind towards its own resources as well as the resources of other-selves.

This may be off-topic, but I love this section of Ra's narrative. I will not be able to articulate my feelings about it as I know my words will be inadequate, and Ra's words here closer to a real meaning, but I see this as the idea of keeping the mind/seeking open, not mired in belief and "knowing." To "court" is to entice knowledge in through an open door, which is open to all; when the door is closed, one only has for consideration his/her own beliefs and conclusions based on a fixed paradigm.

This is why I think it's important to only have working theories; and that to "believe" is to close the doors of perception. And certainly, given the vastness of even the observable universe, and the fact we know so little about it, it seems arrogant and the height of folly to think we know what it's all about, as history has proven over and over again.

Regarding the OP, aside from general visual meaning, I think all the archetypes and tarot images are catalysts, visual enticements that resonate with different aspects of our growth and awareness at any given moment in time—rather like an image that itself transforms. 

(04-26-2018, 12:28 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: The idea that we polarize positively through left-hand catalyst and vice versa is shown in the Significator of Mind, the little imps being of opposite polarity for the side upon which they sit.

Good call, I think that's precisely what I was thinking of, thanks!

(04-26-2018, 12:28 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: I think the "tangle" in the arms of this card has to do with how "Both the prostituted and the virginal of deep mind invite and await the reaching." I think this is a good point to ponder, because this is what "discernment" is based upon - the deep mind, the subconscious, is infinite, and veiled - and there are two paths. Both paths can make themselves appear to be "the correct one". This is why you cannot achieve the transformation until you ABANDON one of the uses of the deep mind - otherwise you will "wobble", out of confusion, because you're not sure which version of the deep mind that you are courting from moment to moment.

Again, that is a great clarification. I guess the image can't be relied on to convey everything, but the image to me doesn't show any abandonment at all. I think that's why I saw the archetype itself as prior to the choice, not the act of choosing to abandon (which to me is much better represented in particular by archetype 22). I suppose the purpose of the image is to haunt, and not simply to be a rosetta stone for the conscious mind to map concepts onto each other.

I think the deeper issue for me centers around the nature of choice: is choice something that we create, or is choice an expression of deeper bias that we channel? Is the answer to that question a matter of perspective? To what degree do we participate in the ultimate choice of polarity?

(04-26-2018, 12:28 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: Not to quibble with semantics but the rocking back in forth is actually indicative of a lack of Transformation. I think the uncertainty and wishy-washiness that you describe is actually more in line with Catalyst of the Spirit. I believe at a certain point, for the adept, the Transformation of Mind must become a conscious choice and not be something that feels inevitable. I think the lack of choice in Transformation is represented in the Transformation of the Spirit - where the entity feels the higher calling, and is summoned, although bound.

I like this approach, thanks for pointing it out. The "wobble" implies that the transformation archetype sort of subsumes the catalyst archetype and possibly others, much as the great way archetype sums up the character of navigating the previous six archetypes.

The bias is built up in the dynamic of Catalyst/Experience. Ra says that "all that is unprocessed that has come before the notice of a mind/body/spirit complex is catalyst". So Catalyst, by nature, is that which is unprocessed. However, obviously by the image of the card, the attention of the Empress is held by the bird in her left hand, while the "sphere of magical possibilities" is behind her head on the right. Ra also says that it is a portion of the Catalyst of the Mind to note "a suggestion that the offering of the illusion will often seem to suggest the opportunities lying upon the left-hand path or, as you might refer to it more simply, the service-to-self path." Ra says that it is in Experience that we build a bias, and that bias becomes more and more effective until we become almost impervious to catalyst of the path that we choose not. (Or, to be more accurate, becoming impervious to taking the negative interpretation of catalyst that we experience. The catalyst remains the same. It's the perspective that changes.)

So, it's a little from column A (choices created) and a little from column B (biases channeled from previous choices). The nature of the illusion it to tempt us away from our biases, until we build up substantial polarity to offer us protection from the other path. In Experience, the cat guards the right hand path, "in direct proportion to the purity of the manifestations of intention and the purity of inner work done along this path", by means of creating a joy and understanding in receptivity of all catalyst, even if it's "objectively" bad. Whereas the imp in the Transformation card guards the left-hand path from feeling pain, weakness, ignorance - objectively "negative" emotions, but ultimately, sympathy and compassion, for the self and other self.

This is why I think the transformation card is specifically and directly about building polarity, and why the triangles represent the paths diverged, because Ra always mentions purity of intentions being the hallmark of a highly polarized entity. Hence the abandonment. (Which is Ra's word, in an absolute statement, not mine!)

Quote:In this image of Transformation of Mind, then, each of the females points the way it would go, but is not able to move, nor are the two female entities striving to do so. They are at rest. The conscious entity holds both and will turn itself one way or the other or, potentially, backwards and forwards, rocking first one way then the other and not achieving the transformation. [b]In order for the Transformation of Mind to occur, one principle governing the use of the deep mind must be abandoned.[b]

Bring4th_Jade Wrote:The bias is built up in the dynamic of Catalyst/Experience.

Is that in fact true? I always approached bias as distinct from catalyst/experience because I conceptualized bias as that which effects the interpretation of catalyst. For example, the catalyst of not appreciating the need for love might effect an experience of confusion, but it is one's deep, innate bias that determines in that particular experience how one constructs the issue or lesson, perhaps by getting frustrated or by seeing the need for further reflection or whatever.

I had thought that those of Ra intimated that bias is a deep mystery that they can't explain, so the fact that you're explaining it pretty discretely is confusing. But I have a long, long history of mistakenly recalling Ra quotes that don't exist, so I fully own this may be another misunderstanding born of nearly two decades of internalizing this thought.

Any guidance you can provide is most appreciated!

P.S. I will reflect on your point about transformation concerning the building of polarity; it's something I would normally have ascribed to the significator, since that is the one most thoroughly tied to card 22.

Regarding catalyst being all that is unprocessed:

Quote:93.11 Questioner: I would like, if possible, an example of the activity we call Catalyst of the Mind in a particular individual undergoing this process. Could Ra give an example of that?

Ra: I am Ra. All that assaults your senses is catalyst. We, in speaking to this support group through this instrument, offer catalyst. The configurations of each in the group of body offer catalyst through comfort/discomfort. In fact all that is unprocessed that has come before the notice of a mind/body/spirit complex is catalyst.

Also regarding the distinct lack of polarity by nature of Catalyst, though biased by the left hand:

Quote:Indeed you may, rather, find polarity expressed, firstly, by the many opportunities offered in the material illusion which is imaged by the not-white and not-dark square upon which the entity of the image is seated, secondly, upon the position of that seated entity. It does not meet opportunity straight on but glances off to one side or another. In the image you will note a suggestion that the offering of the illusion will often seem to suggest the opportunities lying upon the left-hand path or, as you might refer to it more simply, the service-to-self path. This is a portion of the nature of the Catalyst of the Mind.

Regarding Experience being altered by Catalyst and creating bias:

Quote:94.12 Questioner: It seems to me that the Experience of the Mind would act in such a way as to change the nature of the veil so that catalyst would be filtered so as to be more acceptable in the bias that is increasingly chosen by the entity. For instance, if the entity had chosen the right-hand path the Experience of the Mind would change the permeability of the veil to accept more and more positive catalyst, and also the other would be true for accepting more negative if the left-hand path were the one that was repeatedly chosen. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is not only correct but there is a further ramification. As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been along the service-to-self path.

Quote:94.23 Questioner: Thank you. Then we’re expecting, in Card Number Four, to see the result of catalytic action and, therefore, a greater definition between the dark and the light areas. In this card we notice that it is more definitely darkly colored in some areas and more white in others in a general sense than Card Number Three, indicating to me that the separation along the two biases has occurred, and should occur, to follow the blueprint for experience. Could Ra comment on that?

Ra: I am Ra. You are perceptive, O student.

Regarding the refinement of Experience through polarity:

Quote:95.24 Questioner: From that statement I interpret the following meaning: That if the Experience of the Mind has sufficiently chosen the right-hand path, as total purity is approached in choosing of the right-hand path, then total imperviousness from the effect of the left-hand catalyst is also approached. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is exquisitely perceptive. The seeker which has purely chosen the service-to-others path shall certainly not have a variant apparent incarnational experience. There is no outward shelter in your illusion from the gusts, flurries, and blizzards of quick and cruel catalyst.

However, to the pure, all that is encountered speaks of the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator. The cruelest blow is seen with an ambiance of challenges offered and opportunities to come. Thusly, the great pitch of light is held high above such an one so that all interpretation may be seen to be protected by light.

I'm trying to recall a quote about the mystery of bias, but I'm struggling. Ra says the Logos is biased towards kindness, and Ra mentions certain biases that are noted in the cards. Your thoughts may have something to do with "groping in the moonlight" - but it is my understanding that, through intentional polarity with attempts at purity of intentions, that one is more able to "grasp the light of the sun" than to be fooled and confused. Not that grasping the light of the sun makes anyone immune to confusion or misunderstanding, it just makes even that which is unpleasant a pure experience of the Creator's love.

Here is another quote where Ra talks clearly about bias being inherent, in the Wanderer:

Quote:16.59 Questioner: The many Wanderers coming to this planet now and in the recent past— are they subject to Orion thoughts?

Ra: I am Ra. As we have said before, Wanderers become completely the creature of third density in mind/body complex. There is just as much chance of such influence to a Wanderer entity as to a mind/body/spirit complex of this planetary sphere. The only difference occurs in the spirit complex which, if it wishes, has an armor of light, if you will, which enables it to recognize more clearly that which is not as it would appropriately be desired by the mind/body/spirit complex. This is not more than a bias and cannot be called an understanding.

OK, Jade, I think I've narrowed down my confusion. It stems from this passage, which I have always placed on my top 10 of most important Ra quotes:

Quote:9.17 Questioner: Can you tell me what bias creates their momentum toward the chosen path of service to self?

Ra: I am Ra. We can speak only in metaphor. Some love the light. Some love the darkness. It is a matter of the unique and infinitely various Creator choosing and playing among its experiences as a child upon a picnic. Some enjoy the picnic and find the sun beautiful, the food delicious, the games refreshing, and glow with the joy of creation. Some find the night delicious, their picnic being pain, difficulty, sufferings of others, and the examination of the perversities of nature. These enjoy a different picnic.

All these experiences are available. It is free will of each entity which chooses the form of play, the form of pleasure.

So I think you've actually clarified a bunch of concepts for me. While it may be true that there is a deep-down, innate, axiomatic bias that effects the choice of polarity ("some love the light…"), that is not the same kind of bias as what you're talking about being created by the process of catalyst/experience/signification. What you're saying, as I hear it, is that most biases are built through the inertia of choices over the long run of evolution, almost as if we discover aspects of the Creator randomly that, as we grow, we more and more depend on and begin to almost identify with. 

Am I accurately describing your view here? Thanks!

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - flofrog - 04-26-2018

Please forgive my comment here, as the cards are for me the most difficult part from the material to fully comprehend, since I am a bit of a thick frog...  so the comment I had, was that some years ago I was reading a detailed document on scientific research on the brain's two sides and how left brain being the seat of rationalization, and right brain being the seat of creativity / imagination, but each side of the brain from the neck were in fact directing the opposite side of the body, so the right brain or creativity, would be directing the left side of the rest of the body. [ This being switched in case of left handed persons ]

So in effect, the left hand would be guided directly by creativity, the creative side,  and not rationalisation side... which makes it then interesting, right, for the interpretation of the card ?

Perhaps even this was mentioned by Ra,  it's just that I already have issues remembering accurately Ra's, but I am really at sea about the cards interpretations, so all apologies BigSmile

I mean, I've mostly been talking about it in the context of polarity, but I think it's possible for both. Ra says that those who are not planning their incarnations experience literal random catalyst from the Logos, which build up to create a bias, and those who have become harvestable, in greater and greater degrees, create their own catalyst. So I would think that the Higher self, while planning this catalyst, actually has specific biases that it is trying to encourage/discourage, through means that are biased in such a way to explicitly test these biases for the individual entity (or collective).

Maybe it's the distinction of the differences between the archetypes and their use by entities who are new to third density, and their use by entities who are very, rather, experienced in third density and likely higher densities?

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - unity100 - 04-26-2018

Then per this:

https://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=100#6

Quote:100.6 Questioner: Thank you. To continue with the tarot, I would like to make the additional observation with respect to Card Six that the male’s arms being crossed, if the female to his right pulls on his left hand it would cant, in effect turn him, his entire body, toward the right and the same is true for the female on the left: pulling on his right hand she will turn his entire body to her side. Which is my interpretation of what’s meant by the tangle of the arms. That the transformation occurs by pull which attempts to turn the entity toward the left or the right-hand path. Would Ra comment on that observation?
Ra: I am Ra. We shall. The concept of the pull towards mental polarity may well be examined in the light of what the student has already accreted concerning the nature of the conscious, exemplified by the male, and the unconscious, exemplified by the female. Indeed, both the prostituted and the virginal of deep mind invite and await the reaching.

In this image of Transformation of Mind, then, each of the females points the way it would go, but is not able to move, nor are the two female entities striving to do so. They are at rest. The conscious entity holds both and will turn itself one way or the other or, potentially, backwards and forwards, rocking first one way then the other and not achieving the transformation. In order for the Transformation of Mind to occur, one principle governing the use of the deep mind must be abandoned.

It is to be noted that the triangular shape formed by the shoulders and crossed elbows of consciousness is a shape to be associated with transformation. Indeed, you may see this shape echoed twice more in the image, each echo having its own riches to add to the impact of this complex of concepts.

It is the entity which is going to turn himself around.

And for that to happen, he will let go of one hand - aka one principle that governs the use of deep mind.

This would mean clenching and pulling with his left hand, whereas opening and letting go with his right hand.

Per significator of the mind card which portrays an entity which radiates from his open hand, this would mean that a configuration in which entity clenches with his left hand and gives from his right hand is a positive configuration.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - loostudent - 04-27-2018

(04-26-2018, 04:22 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote: While it may be true that there is a deep-down, innate, axiomatic bias that effects the choice of polarity ("some love the light…"), that is not the same kind of bias as what you're talking about being created by the process of catalyst/experience/signification.

May I jump in? Ra said there are many in our souciety who engage daily in the working upon the ways of love. This people are biased from the depths of their mind/body/spirit complex towards love/light. This would be the main path or "axiomatic bias". This also attracts more intensively the polar opposite to satisfy the law of free will. For retaining free will in deciding pull/offer in either direction must be equally strong. There is also some protection (light strength) but it must be freely invoked.

Quote:The Law of Confusion or Free Will is utterly paramount in the workings of the infinite creation. That which is intended has as much intensity of attraction to the polar opposite as the intensity of the intention or desire.

Thus those whose desires are shallow or transitory experience only ephemeral configurations of what might be called the magical circumstance. There is a turning point, a fulcrum which swings as a mind/body/spirit complex tunes its will to service. If this will and desire is for service to others the corresponding polarity will be activated.

/.../

We may note that such a configuration of free will, one-pointed in service to others, also has the potential for the alerting of a great mass of light strength. This positive light strength, however, operates also under free will and must be invoked. We could not speak to this and shall not guide you, for the nature of this contact is such that the purity of your free will must, above all things, be preserved. Thus you wend your way through experiences discovering those biases which may be helpful. (72.7)

There are biases of service to others and biases of service to self. You build the biases of the chosen path in incarnational experiences and abandon/release from yourself unwanted biases. At the end of incarnation gained attitudes are evaluated and conditions for the next incarnation are chosen.

There is also a bias of the new or initial third density entity - the tribal instinct. A distortion towards viewing those in the family, fan club, country ... as self. "Thus though a distortion not helpful for progress in third density, it is without polarity."

Quote:19.14 Questioner: Then we have second-density beings who have primarily motivation towards service to self and possibly a little bit of service to others with respect to their immediate families going into third density and carrying this bias with them but being in a position now where this bias will slowly be modified to one which is aimed toward a social complex and then ultimately toward union with the all. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - loostudent - 04-27-2018

Quote:Firstly, let us examine the crossed arms of the male who is to be transformed. What, O student, do you make of the crossing? What see you in this tangle? (Ra)

In my observation the crossing represents sacrifice and ressurection - "die to live". A transformation or breakthrough (resurrection or initiation of new life) is when will turns to one path and thus starts holding to some ways of using the mind and gives up (sacrifies) desire for others ways.

Maybe later I'll ponder on the triangle ...

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - JustLikeYou - 05-15-2018

Hi all,

I'll start with a reply to the original question.

unity100 Wrote:In this card, does the female on the right turn the mind towards the right by pulling the left hand of the mind towards the right with her left hand, and the female on the left do the opposite?

...This may not be only symbolic, but may have a relation to the daily ordinary energy balance of right/left. In he material, there are references to toppling/falling towards a direction in other points not relevant to tarot or this card.

It may be so that the feeling/orientation one have in his/her body and the balance of energy in left and right hand side may relate to polarities.

I don't think the images for the archetypes of mind should be understood as indicating sensations in the body. Rather, I think that would be the domain of the archetypes of body.

I do, however, have an interpretation of the crossed arms.

In the first place, it may well be that the intention is just to create the pretzel shape. If you imagine that the male's arms are not crossed, and that he holds a hand of each woman, he has much more range of motion.

The question, as I understand it, is this: why does the prostitute hold his right hand and the virgin his left? Is there meaning in this configuration beyond the fact that it makes binds the male in a pretzel?

If so, here is my interpretation: it is easy to feel drawn toward one polarity when you experience the pleasures belonging to that polarity. The feeling of power and control brings pleasure, as does the feeling of connection and unconditional support. The hard part is to accept that the pleasures of one polarity become the pains of another. The virgin wants us recognize that our attempts to control her are cruel. Likewise, the prostitute wants us to acknowledge that she is contemptuous of our propensity for compassion. Abandoning one of the paths requires that we accept and face the pain of doing so.

Here are some other comments.

rva_jeremy Wrote:the image to me doesn't show any abandonment at all. I think that's why I saw the archetype itself as prior to the choice, not the act of choosing to abandon

I think this image shows the necessity of abandonment, rather than the event itself. I think you probably appreciate the difficulty of showing a dynamic event with a static image. If the image showed the actual event of abandonment, then the male would have to have chosen one of the females, but that would send the wrong message to the student: that one of the paths is right and one wrong.

Quote:is choice something that we create, or is choice an expression of deeper bias that we channel?

In this archetype, I think the choice has to happen consciously. The unconscious offers itself in two forms and the conscious mind enjoys the privilege of choice. I also think this matches our experience. I think throughout our lives we feel a pull both toward a part of ourselves that wants to be used for gratification and another part of ourselves that wants to be cherished and appreciated. This often comes up for me in my writing and other creative work: sometimes I ruthlessly demand production from myself, and other times I want to follow the urge of the muse without forcing anything. What makes the difference is whether, in becoming aware of these opposing pulls, I consistently decide to let go of one approach in favor of the other. This can also be applied to relationships with others, of course.

I think frustration is the characteristic emotion of this archetype. We get frustrated when we feel that we are stagnating in manifesting the reality we want. But we typically fail to grasp that inconsistency in our choices with regard to this archetype is what causes the stagnation. It's not at all intuitively obvious that abandoning all effort to force myself to create something will open the way forward into greater realms of creativity. I think it is very tempting to judge that both of these approaches to the unconscious mind are useful and neither should be abandoned.

Quote:While it may be true that there is a deep-down, innate, axiomatic bias that effects the choice of polarity

I don't think there is such an innate, axiomatic bias. If there were, then it does not seem that we can be called free. Rather, I think what you are describing is the development of bias over many lifetimes that is then carried into the current incarnation.

unity100 Wrote:It is the entity which is going to turn himself around.

And for that to happen, he will let go of one hand - aka one principle that governs the use of deep mind.

This would mean clenching and pulling with his left hand, whereas opening and letting go with his right hand.

This strikes me as a near contradiction. I think that to abandon one path requires the letting go, regardless of the chosen path. Or, to put it another way, to clench and pull with the left hand is just to choose the left hand path and abandon the right. If you attempt to drag the virgin along with you, you will look back to discover she was actually a prostitute all along. I'm not so much disagreeing as pointing out an oddity of self-reference (which usually causes problems for logic).

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - Infinite Unity - 05-15-2018

(05-15-2018, 01:23 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: Hi all,

I'll start with a reply to the original question.

unity100 Wrote:In this card, does the female on the right turn the mind towards the right by pulling the left hand of the mind towards the right with her left hand, and the female on the left do the opposite?

...This may not be only symbolic, but may have a relation to the daily ordinary energy balance of right/left. In he material, there are references to toppling/falling towards a direction in other points not relevant to tarot or this card.

I don't think the images for the archetypes of mind should be understood as indicating sensations in the body. Rather, I think that would be the domain of the archetypes of body.

I do, however, have an interpretation of the crossed arms.

In the first place, it may well be that the intention is just to create the pretzel shape. If you imagine that the male's arms are not crossed, and that he holds a hand of each woman, he has much more range of motion.

The question, as I understand it, is this: why does the prostitute hold his right hand and the virgin his left? Is there meaning in this configuration beyond the fact that it makes binds the male in a pretzel?

If so, here is my interpretation: it is easy to feel drawn toward one polarity when you experience the pleasures belonging to that polarity. The feeling of power and control brings pleasure, as does the feeling of connection and unconditional support. The hard part is to accept that the pleasures of one polarity become the pains of another. The virgin wants us recognize that our attempts to control her are cruel. Likewise, the prostitute wants us to acknowledge that she is contemptuous of our propensity for compassion. Abandoning one of the paths requires that we accept and face the pain of doing so.

Here are some other comments.

rva_jeremy Wrote:the image to me doesn't show any abandonment at all. I think that's why I saw the archetype itself as prior to the choice, not the act of choosing to abandon

I think this image shows the necessity of abandonment, rather than the event itself. I think you probably appreciate the difficulty of showing a dynamic event with a static image. If the image showed the actual event of abandonment, then the male would have to have chosen one of the females, but that would send the wrong message to the student: that one of the paths is right and one wrong.

Quote:is choice something that we create, or is choice an expression of deeper bias that we channel?

In this archetype, I think the choice has to happen consciously. The unconscious offers itself in two forms and the conscious mind enjoys the privilege of choice. I also think this matches our experience. I think throughout our lives we feel a pull both toward a part of ourselves that wants to be used for gratification and another part of ourselves that wants to be cherished and appreciated. This often comes up for me in my writing and other creative work: sometimes I ruthlessly demand production from myself, and other times I want to follow the urge of the muse without forcing anything. What makes the difference is whether, in becoming aware of these opposing pulls, I consistently decide to let go of one approach in favor of the other. This can also be applied to relationships with others, of course.

I think frustration is the characteristic emotion of this archetype. We get frustrated when we feel that we are stagnating in manifesting the reality we want. But we typically fail to grasp that inconsistency in our choices with regard to this archetype is what causes the stagnation. It's not at all intuitively obvious that abandoning all effort to force myself to create something will open the way forward into greater realms of creativity. I think it is very tempting to judge that both of these approaches to the unconscious mind are useful and neither should be abandoned.

Quote:While it may be true that there is a deep-down, innate, axiomatic bias that effects the choice of polarity

I don't think there is such an innate, axiomatic bias. If there were, then it does not seem that we can be called free. Rather, I think what you are describing is the development of bias over many lifetimes that is then carried into the current incarnation.

unity100 Wrote:It is the entity which is going to turn himself around.

This strikes me as a near contradiction. I think that to abandon one path requires the letting go, regardless of the chosen path. Or, to put it another way, to clench and pull with the left hand is just to choose the left hand path and abandon the right. If you attempt to drag the virgin along with you, you will look back to discover she was actually a prostitute all along. I'm not so much disagreeing as pointing out an oddity of self-reference (which usually causes problems for logic).

Totally agree, and the reason I self identify as a pirate. The crew's family, and we get swirvy, or rather scurvy. Its just True, and have had experiences, and pulls toward both. Sometimes you want to make Love, and some times you want to f***.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - loostudent - 05-16-2018

Quote:What see you in this tangle? (Ra)

Oh, it's tangle! I mistakenly read triangle (because of the shape of crossed arms) ...

Something is entangled ... hidden ... maybe protected or closed? Maybe unpolarized.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - Jade - 05-17-2018

The crossed arms mean sacrifice - again, the necessity to leave one of the paths behind to go forward.

Quote:94.26 Questioner: I’ll have to work on that.

Then I am guessing that the crossed legs of the entity in Card Four have a meaning similar to the cross of the crux ansata. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The cross formed by the living limbs of the image signifies that which is the nature of mind/body/spirit complexes in manifestation within your illusion. There is no experience which is not purchased by effort of some kind, no act of service to self or others which does not bear a price, to the entity manifesting, commensurate with its purity. All things in manifestation may be seen in one way or another to be offering themselves in order that transformations may take place upon the level appropriate to the action.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - rva_jeremy - 05-18-2018

JustLikeYou Wrote:If so, here is my interpretation: it is easy to feel drawn toward one polarity when you experience the pleasures belonging to that polarity. The feeling of power and control brings pleasure, as does the feeling of connection and unconditional support. The hard part is to accept that the pleasures of one polarity become the pains of another. The virgin wants us recognize that our attempts to control her are cruel. Likewise, the prostitute wants us to acknowledge that she is contemptuous of our propensity for compassion. Abandoning one of the paths requires that we accept and face the pain of doing so.

This is sublime, thank you. It does seem like one of the things that drives polarization at some level is one's attitude towards pain, the kind of pain one is willing to let into one's heart--especially seeing as how this illusion being so chock full of it. You are pointing out an important aspect of transformation that is about willingly accepting the downsides of the choice. It is the downside that often keeps us on the fence, making it seem more advantageous to remain neutral.

JustLikeYou Wrote:
Jeremy Wrote:the image to me doesn't show any abandonment at all. I think that's why I saw the archetype itself as prior to the choice, not the act of choosing to abandon

Yes, I think you're right, and your description strikes me as more accurate than mine focusing on sequence. Conveying necessity gets to the heart of what transformation feels like, that sense of being swept along and trying to figure out what aspects of the experience are yours (sorry, I'm not communicating this very well).

Not only would depicting the actual transformation metaphorically on the card indicate (and recommend) the product of the transformation, but the genuine archetype is about the dynamic and unresolved character of transformation, that going through the transformation is both a station and a process. In fact, I think there's something about transformation that calls out those biases I mentioned early, throws them into starker relief, focuses us on their utility in our evolution. I imagine transformation towards STO, for instance, incurs a great deal of work with our biases, either to recast them in a different light or to empower them.

JustLikeYou Wrote:In this archetype, I think the choice has to happen consciously. The unconscious offers itself in two forms and the conscious mind enjoys the privilege of choice. I also think this matches our experience. I think throughout our lives we feel a pull both toward a part of ourselves that wants to be used for gratification and another part of ourselves that wants to be cherished and appreciated. This often comes up for me in my writing and other creative work: sometimes I ruthlessly demand production from myself, and other times I want to follow the urge of the muse without forcing anything. What makes the difference is whether, in becoming aware of these opposing pulls, I consistently decide to let go of one approach in favor of the other. This can also be applied to relationships with others, of course.

So if it is the conscious mind that is privileged to choose, do you see "the big choice" (Archetype 22) as a sort of summing of all these individual choices? In other words, do you not see The Choice as a discrete event? I've always interpreted it as a discrete event, mostly because (A) a choice usually is a discrete event, and (B) Ra describes it as happening far before it's nature is recognized, and it's weird to interpret that in anything but concrete terms. But the idea that The Choice is more the product of a trillion tiny "blind taste tests"--that it's not necessarily a tidy phenomenon but something accruing at a more subtle level--opens me up to some different possibilities for conceptualizing all this.

JustLikeYou Wrote:I don't think there is such an innate, axiomatic bias. If there were, then it does not seem that we can be called free. Rather, I think what you are describing is the development of bias over many lifetimes that is then carried into the current incarnation.

Well, I appreciate the pushback, because I should question this assumption. For some reason, I've always thought Ra described the reason we gravitate towards one polarity or another as stemming from bias, a bias that they cannot explain and that is a mystery, one of the central mysteries that evolution explores. This is the relevant passage, but it's definitely not convincing, I acknowledge. I'm starting to think I ought to adjust the rough ontology involved here, something I've crystalized over nearly two decades. Oof.

I'm probably just running into the problems of True Simultaneity, trying to delve too deeply into cause and effect here. Thanks for guiding me through!

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - flofrog - 05-18-2018

(05-18-2018, 12:17 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote:
JustLikeYou Wrote:I don't think there is such an innate, axiomatic bias. If there were, then it does not seem that we can be called free. Rather, I think what you are describing is the development of bias over many lifetimes that is then carried into the current incarnation.

Well, I appreciate the pushback, because I should question this assumption. For some reason, I've always thought Ra described the reason we gravitate towards one polarity or another as stemming from bias, a bias that they cannot explain and that is a mystery, one of the central mysteries that evolution explores. This is the relevant passage, but it's definitely not convincing, I acknowledge. I'm starting to think I ought to adjust the rough ontology involved here, something I've crystalized over nearly two decades. Oof.

I'm probably just running into the problems of True Simultaneity, trying to delve too deeply into cause and effect here. Thanks for guiding me through!

Thank you to both of you.
It's sort of mesmerizing to feel that bias should probably come from the evolution of many incarnations,  and yet linear time only existing in terms of incarnations in different densities, we could without the veil view everything,  and then,  we are home, right, back with Creator.  lol, dizzying.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - kenney - 06-02-2018

This card can not be viewed in and of itself. To unravel it one has to study the entire series of cards surrounding it.  These two women are representative of the two entities in the card before and the women in the two the cards after as well as the second and third.

Male entities will represent the conscious mind the females the unconscious.

at this point in the evolution of the series  the Male (conscious mind) entity is vacillating between two frames of mind. this can be as simple as dealing with a problem person diplomatically or just beating them up. These two women represent all the different thoughts bubbling up that are made available to the conscious mind to work with. The man (conscious mind) must choose which of those to go with hence the "tangle or confusion"

the emperors new groove depicted this wonderfully in this scene Wink

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

the next card shows the resolution of this with the arms untangled and control of the unconscious mind acquired giving us access to the gateway of the mind

it is very difficult to digest these cards as singular concepts, if i may suggest it is far more fluid to study the cards in sets of two, three, seven, and nine. As one breaks them up into various groupings of these amounts the meanings begin to flow into one another and understanding of them is far more complete.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - JustLikeYou - 06-27-2018

rva_jeremy Wrote:Conveying necessity gets to the heart of what transformation feels like, that sense of being swept along and trying to figure out what aspects of the experience are yours (sorry, I'm not communicating this very well).

I think I understand what you're saying: no one sets out to get stuck with conflicting desires. But one day you discover that stuck is what you are and you know that you can't move beyond it without letting go of something you're kinda attached to.

rva_jeremy Wrote:So if it is the conscious mind that is privileged to choose, do you see "the big choice" (Archetype 22) as a sort of summing of all these individual choices? In other words, do you not see The Choice as a discrete event? I've always interpreted it as a discrete event, mostly because (A) a choice usually is a discrete event, and (B) Ra describes it as happening far before it's nature is recognized, and it's weird to interpret that in anything but concrete terms. But the idea that The Choice is more the product of a trillion tiny "blind taste tests"--that it's not necessarily a tidy phenomenon but something accruing at a more subtle level--opens me up to some different possibilities for conceptualizing all this.

No, I don't think The Choice is the sum of all the individual transformations of mind that one experiences. Rather, I think the transformation of the mind is more like the slow process of polarizing in one direction or another. I can remember at least one moment in my life when I was faced with the Transformation of Mind and chose the left hand path. This choice had negative effects on my life (and the lives of others) that lasted for at least a decade, and many of these effects were embedded into the newfound attitude I had after having made that choice. It was like stepping up a rung on a ladder. This one act of choosing negatively helped me consciously make a more informed Big Choice, but that Big Choice, as you mention, felt more like a discrete event.

It's also worth pointing out that there is at least one other archetype that is central to the choosing: the Transformation of the Spirit. In this card, the conscious self is much more helpless and the choice is merely whether to accept the path or suffer a living death. Interestingly, there is a right choice and a wrong choice on that card. I take this to suggest that the unconscious mind must also participate in the Big Choice. Even Ra points out that most of us Choose unconsciously before we do so consciously (this rings true for me, anyway). Once the unconscious self has chosen, the conscious self must get aboard the train or else.

rva_jeremy Wrote:Well, I appreciate the pushback, because I should question this assumption. For some reason, I've always thought Ra described the reason we gravitate towards one polarity or another as stemming from bias, a bias that they cannot explain and that is a mystery, one of the central mysteries that evolution explores. This is the relevant passage, but it's definitely not convincing, I acknowledge. I'm starting to think I ought to adjust the rough ontology involved here, something I've crystalized over nearly two decades. Oof.

I assume you're also referring to this passage: "The seeming contradictions of determinism and free will melt when it is accepted that there is such a thing as true simultaneity" (70.11).

I think I have an operative assumption that it is possible for any entity to have chosen differently than it did. That weird passage from 36.2-36.5 where Ra talks about parallel realities left me with the impression that the path of spiritual evolution that we actually take is not the only path we could have taken. Or, to put it differently, there are more aspects of self available than are explored in our discursive movement through the densities. Presumably, the movement through the densities also happens over and over through parallel trials as the M/B/S totality completes its project of knowing itself fully. This would explain why my Higher Self knows me intimately and yet cannot predict what I will do.

But due to this phenomenon I think it is accurate to say that the M/B/S Totality is what it is and cannot be anything else (determinism), but also that we incarnative choices are free because it is not known what, this time around, we will pluck out of the infinite depth of self and choose to manifest.

It strikes me as entirely possible that there is a parallel reality in which some who here choose positive, there choose negative. Of course, I can't support this claim with quotations from Ra, and your interpretation of 19.17 is reasonable. I still am not certain what Ra has in mind when they say that the contradiction between free will and determinism will melt. So I trust that this is so and continue to attempt a version of compatibilism that doesn't make me queasy.

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - Cobrien - 07-12-2018

This quite the card when opposed by the priestess. To hold onself upon the point of triangle where the smallest iota of choice causes a complete unfolding towards a maiden. Recognizing her as a principle which by virtue recieves leaves shadowwork of the great way of mind

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - loostudent - 07-29-2018

Quote:The concept of the pull towards mental polarity may well be examined in the light of what the student has already accreted concerning the nature of the conscious, exemplified by the male, and the unconscious, exemplified by the female. Indeed, both the prostituted and the virginal of deep mind invite and await the reaching. (100.6)

What do you think is the prostituted and the virginal deep mind or the two principles governing the use of the deep mind?

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - Jade - 07-30-2018

(07-29-2018, 04:59 PM)loostudent Wrote:
Quote:The concept of the pull towards mental polarity may well be examined in the light of what the student has already accreted concerning the nature of the conscious, exemplified by the male, and the unconscious, exemplified by the female. Indeed, both the prostituted and the virginal of deep mind invite and await the reaching. (100.6)

What do you think is the prostituted and the virginal deep mind or the two principles governing the use of the deep mind?

The High Priestess has two pillars, one light, one dark. Ra says this symbolizes the "careful design" of using polarity to progress through third density. The prostituted and the virginal are evocative to make you think about the two dichotomies with how we can treat ourselves/creation: Either like an object to be used to gain whatever pleasures and whims we desire, or something pure to NOT use, (virginal), and await the proper time, to "court" this part of the deep mind/creation, until pleasure is given to us to receive instead of taken by force. Ra says this is an attitude towards the deep mind (resources of self) and also the resources of the other self. So this can be applied to the mind and body. Ra also says, "Things come not to those positively oriented but through such beings". (55.7)

I think a very important point is made in that both minds "invite and await the reaching". Many people believe if they just go with their guts, follow their instincts, chase their whims, that this is spirituality. But spirituality is actually discerning which mind is inviting and awaiting, and which mind you want to indulge. The more you choose one mind, the quieter the other mind gets - but never goes away entirely, while we are veiled in duality. This is why discernment, not just of outside choices, but of the self, is important to cultivate.

The archetype has pervaded our culture, usually used in a humorous way. It is the angel sitting on one's right shoulder and the devil/demon on the left, whispering into the ears of the actor. Often in depiction the demon's choice is totally justifiable, and the angel's choice seems foolish or naive, or glaringly idealistic.

[Image: 285-homer1.jpg]

RE: Transformation of the Mind - Lovers - unity100 - 07-30-2018

That was a quite deep and to the point interpretation jade!