Bring4th
Some tips, if you will, to reel out of a bad dream - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Some tips, if you will, to reel out of a bad dream (/showthread.php?tid=16114)

Some tips, if you will, to reel out of a bad dream - Dandelionlight - 07-13-2018

If you are willing, please share your experience or give a tip or two to reel out of a bad dream that keeps haunting one’s memory.

When the physical and mental conditions are strong and healthy, it is easier to eliminate the bad dream image, with prayers and self boost of confidence.

When the mind and spirit have some emotional knots to take care off, the bad dream always comes back and haunts one’s sleep with strong intensity. The bad dream was actually frightening when one first discovered that negative energy/negative entities were confirmed as real, not just some imagination that people created for movies and alike, and there was the possibility of psychic attacks. The possible idea of being a wanderer was newly introduced to one’s mind at the same time as well. That thought of being watched constantly by the dark energy kept one from falling asleep for many nights. It was a horrible experience, lasting many weeks, until the mind and spirit got stronger with meditation and prayers.

But it keeps going back haunting one’s sleep wheneve the spirit is a little down.

The image was collected during a dream, at a very young age. During that dream, many vertical long dark smoky spirits (like ghost costumes and they were dressed in total darkness with only eyes exposed - if we called the hollow holes at the top of the dark spirits as eyes) circled around and looked down to a young spirit, appearing like a small light curled up in a fetal position - with no clear human form, just a ball of light. But one knew that ball of light was one’s own self. The dark spirits had some really evil smiles on their faces ( one cannot really see their faces), and occluded any possible gap to prevent the light young spirit from escaping at the bottom of their dark cloths. The young spirit was so desperate and looked at the worship room, where Buddha and Jesus and the sacred symbols were displayed, hoping the dark spirits would be scared and left. But it seemed like a hopeless situation. The young light spirit wished, didn’t seem to know how to pray in that dream, and hoped to escape in vain.

In that dream, one’s own spirit was observing the scene and itself being harrased by the darkness, like viewing a scene in a movie.

The images were vividly clear in one’s mind after waking up, and the sense of hopelessness and desperation to escape remained.

That sense of desperation haunts one’s ability to feel safe to fall asleep at night.

Have you ever been in similar situations and how do you learn to bounce back and protect oneself?

Sorry if the wordings are confusing. Thank you and appreciate any of your input, for clarification, guidance, etc...!

RE: Some tips, if you will, to reel out of a bad dream - Foha - 07-13-2018

I had recurring nightmares of boogeymen and monsters when younger. Upon waking up I laughed at how ridiculous it was, and how I got so scared when I was always so safe.
One's spirit is immortal and cannot be destroyed so easily.

I tried to dare myself to stop finding these monsters so scary, and instead try to understand them.
How could I ever dream up reasons for myself to do horrible things like that in someone else's dream as a monster?

The only reasons I could come up with were terribly lonesome and sad. I felt for these monster characters and wanted to help them.
So the next time I dreamed and remembered this stance, I turned around when being chased, outstretched my arms and welcomed them for a hug with laughter at the ridiculous situation.

This always ended up confusing the monster and the dream would suddenly shift into a silly one.

Despite this transformation I still failed to learn the wisdom of these actions more recently when I am older. Acceptance is very good at resolving most problems, and I've learned it is the first step to a process of healing.

Dandelionlight Wrote:The image was collected during a dream, at a very young age. During that dream, many vertical long dark smoky spirits (like ghost costumes and they were dressed in total darkness with only eyes exposed - if we called the hollow holes at the top of the dark spirits as eyes) circled around and looked down to a young spirit, appearing like a small light curled up in a fetal position - with no clear human form, just a ball of light. But one knew that ball of light was one’s own self. The dark spirits had some really evil smiles on their faces ( one cannot really see their faces), and occluded any possible gap to prevent the light young spirit from escaping at the bottom of their dark cloths. The young spirit was so desperate and looked at the worship room, where Buddha and Jesus and the sacred symbols were displayed, hoping the dark spirits would be scared and left. But it seemed like a hopeless situation. The young light spirit wished, didn’t seem to know how to pray in that dream, and hoped to escape in vain.

In that dream, one’s own spirit was observing the scene and itself being harrased by the darkness, like viewing a scene in a movie.

The images were vividly clear in one’s mind after waking up, and the sense of hopelessness and desperation to escape remained.

That sense of desperation haunts one’s ability to feel safe to fall asleep at night.

Have you ever been in similar situations and how do you learn to bounce back and protect oneself?

Sorry if the wordings are confusing. Thank you and appreciate any of your input, for clarification, guidance, etc...!

If you find yourself in this same situation again, try taking pity on these lost souls doing this to you. They must be so completely lost to resort to such behavior.

It might be fun to just start dancing and make it as silly as possible. Maybe interpret their smiles as silly smiles egging you on to do the silliest things. I'd try to dance for them if they surrounded me, and pretend I'm participating in a sad-ghost dance-off.

RE: Some tips, if you will, to reel out of a bad dream - ada - 07-14-2018

I have been dealing with nightmares most of my life, since childhood actually. Dreams can sometimes feel very real and confusing, actually they're confusing all time. A lot of distortion is involved. I am beat from nightmares, I can honestly say that much. Though I still try to find meaning and purpose. An advice that I'd think of would be to ponder and meditate on those dreams. Find your acceptance in them, through acceptance love can come forth, and love is the greatest healer. I wish you well, and that you will find peaceful nights for your spirit.
P.s.
That which you cannot find understanding in, send to the one infinite creator in faith and love.

RE: Some tips, if you will, to reel out of a bad dream - Dandelionlight - 07-14-2018

Thank you for your helpful tips.

You have some significant points to think about. It’s true I gave so much power to the darkness surrrounding the young small child. A child’s mind at that time probably didn’t know any better.

I have tried to overcome its negative effects and were successful sometimes. Other times, I “forget” my control power when my spirit is down.

I wouldn’t hug these dark smoggy spirits though Smile It was a sense of overpower and control that they use to supress a young light. So the best is a magic wand to make the dark spirits disappearing in the darkness eh?

It’s nice to have friends to chat and explore on spiritual matter.

Thank you!

RE: Some tips, if you will, to reel out of a bad dream - Diana - 07-14-2018

Something a counselor told me once about a repeating nightmare /dream I've had for many years was that anything in the dream, or all things, can be you or aspects of you.

My repeating dream has evolved. As I have grown and learned things, the dream has become less of a nightmare. I used to wake up sobbing from them, but now I wake up thinking I forgot something. 

I'm not sure it's very helpful to analyze too much. But I do think it would be helpful to keep a dream journal. Start writing down your dreams every morning, as much as you can remember. When you go back and read your entries, you may see patterns, and as an observer reading the entries, gain insight.

RE: Some tips, if you will, to reel out of a bad dream - xise - 07-14-2018

I love my nightmares (after I wakeup), because they are like cheatsheets from my subconscious about what issues/dream imagery to explore in meditation. Often other dreams are harder to remember or harder to interpret, so I really feel blessed when I get a bad dream which I consider is direct, clear guidance from my higher self.

I think negative entities are only scary (or were for me) when you forget that you're not a separate entity ultimately - there is no separation between you and the negative entity, so its presence is really a reflection of some area of yourself that could use love and/or self-discovery.