Bring4th
A description of the experience of 'non-plurality,' as I experienced it. - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: A description of the experience of 'non-plurality,' as I experienced it. (/showthread.php?tid=16390)

A description of the experience of 'non-plurality,' as I experienced it. - Cannon - 09-10-2018

By non-plurality I mean the perception that all things are the continuations of an eternal single 'thing.' The experience of non-plurality, as I call it, is different from that of non-duality, which I have never personally experienced. I only had the experience I will try to explain for about an hour or so.

The most important aspect of this experience is that the perception of non-plurality was that it was not some sort of filter being added upon my vision and causing me to see things as all a single thing, but the removal of a filter of my perceptions which already existed within my psyche. The closest I can explain this would be if, while reading this post, you were suddenly unable to read english anymore, leaving you only seeing a bunch lines upon the screen with your perception of these words being in a purer state, like that of a foreigner who never learned the language, thus perceiving the characters as they truly are.

Secondly, many ubiquitous fears that I believe all of us have that are being mostly suppressed were, by their very nature requiring the believe in separation, completely collapsed upon themselves as being self-evidently impossible. These fears, in my experience, was the fear of death (which I usually don't have,) the fear of unworthiness, the fear of loneliness, and the very idea of loneliness itself. This provided a feeling of almost total peace which I had never experienced in my life ever before.

Another interesting aspect of non-plurality is that, while I had it, I simply could not comprehend not having it, the memory of my previous perceptions all being inconceivably alien.

RE: A description of the experience of 'non-plurality,' as I experienced it. - GentleReckoning - 09-10-2018

Would you consider it similar to returning to source consciousness?

RE: A description of the experience of 'non-plurality,' as I experienced it. - Cannon - 09-11-2018

(09-10-2018, 11:26 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: Would you consider it similar to returning to source consciousness?

Unfortunately I haven't done anything of the sort yet so I can't compare the two knowingly, however, I wasn't thinking about the Infinite Creator at the time while I had the experience, I was purely focused on its 'novelty' and the peace provided by the dissolving of only one particular illusion, not the one of separation from Source.

RE: A description of the experience of 'non-plurality,' as I experienced it. - SteveinFrance - 09-11-2018

I like the term non-plurality as I haven't ever experienced non-duality either.

I had one experience over 10 years ago where I felt complete peace and "saw" that whatever I am is in the universe and also the universe is within. Hard to explain.

A second experience was when the barriers between "me", my mind, my body, and others melted away. Like I stepped back from everything and saw the continuity like you said. Again I was bathed in total peace. Afterwards is when my body started to release all the fears that I had not been aware of before (and that process is still ongoing three years later).

I also like the idea of a filter being removed. Like this is closer to how it really is, even though in my daily life I don't experience things quite like that. Sometimes I approach that experience when I feel really open (expanded?) and safe.

I'm wondering if the glimpse of this is like showing me a destination, and it's up to me to walk towards that.

RE: A description of the experience of 'non-plurality,' as I experienced it. - ada - 09-11-2018

It sounds to me like being in the moment.  Smile