Bring4th
Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles (/showthread.php?tid=16592)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 10-30-2018

Last Monday, I started to go through the Workbook for Sudents of ACIM.

As it says in the Introduction: "The exercises are very simple. They do not require a great deal of time, and it does not matter where you do them. They need no preparation."

As far as I have gotten, I find this material just brilliant!

And it feels not right not to share the experience with anybody.

Do you feel at least interested to explore the option of joining me and doing this together?

I could wait until you catch up and would be more than happy to repeat the first 9 exercises

UPDATE: If you would like to give the Workbook For Students of A Course In Miracles a try and haven't started yet, please, let me know if you would be interested in some support from me. On January 1st, 2019, I will start a new series from the beginning, with e-mail support and a special place online for sharing and mutual support, if there is enough interest

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - Agua - 10-30-2018

removed

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 10-30-2018

Found a couple of interested people

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 10-31-2018

Lesson 1

[Image: Lession%2B1.jpg]

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - Drew - 10-31-2018

I like this. I do not believe in anything to be true, except family, and maybe the 3 laws of thermodynamics

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 10-31-2018

(10-31-2018, 10:40 AM)Drew Wrote: I like this. I do not believe in anything to be true, except family, and maybe the 3 laws of thermodynamics

In order to rewire your thinking patterns, we have to let go any last exception though

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-01-2018

Lesson 2

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-002-Workbook-Quote-Wide_820x.jpg]

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-02-2018

Lesson 3

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-003-Workbook-Quote-Wide_820x.jpg]

This was my first AHA moment Smile

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-03-2018

Lesson 4

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-004-Workbook-Quote-Wide_820x.jpg]

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-04-2018

Lesson 5

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-005-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-05-2018

Lesson 6

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-006-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

Guilt and shame turned out to be the most persistent ones for me

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - Enyiah - 11-05-2018

I LOVE the Course in Miracles.  Reading it certainly saved my LIFE and gave me back my 'sanity'.  I've read it through several times and own 3 versions.  Only this year has my life/mind been quiet enough to really delve into the workbook lessons.  This year I haven't missed one!  Today is Lesson 309 for November 5th.  It would be nice to have a place to share with others.  

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - Drew - 11-05-2018

Seeenco! I almost missed this lesson but actually in reality or reality within actuality, completed the lesson while failing to know I was doing it. Had a good space clearing talk with my boss on the way home from work which I believe qualify's for the second part.

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-06-2018

Lesson 7

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-007-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

This one makes so much sense and is a real game changer

Enyiah said:
Quote:It would be nice to have a place to share with others.

This is exactly why I started those daily posts Smile

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-07-2018

Lesson 8 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-008-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

“The one wholly true thought one can hold about the past is that it is not here.” This realization can be the first step to healing and empowerment

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-08-2018

Lesson 9 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-009-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

"These exercises are concerned with practice, not with understanding." Smile

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-09-2018

Lesson 10 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-010-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

Since Wednesday, I use these images as my desktop background to have a reminder in front of me the whole day.

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - Drew - 11-10-2018

I feel I missed last practice, my brothers and sisters. In enter return I bring insight.

This Hill, though high, I covet to ascend,
The difficulty will not me offend,
For I perceive the way to life lies here;
Come, pluck up, heart; let's neither faint nor fear:
Better, though difficult, the right way to go,
Then wrong, though easy, where the end is woe.

page 39 "The Pilgrims's Progress" John Bunyan. first part published 1678. second part of book published 1684.

\

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-10-2018

Lesson 11 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-011-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

And if the mind is protesting try the same content in a question form: Might it be true, that ... ? It relaxes the resistance

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-11-2018

Lesson 12 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-012-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

Now, this really got my attention, even after all my decades of experience in the spiritual world view

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-12-2018

Lesson 13 in up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-013-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-13-2018

Lesson 14 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-014-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

This one feels really good. My whole system was protesting against the previous three

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - Enyiah - 11-13-2018

I have a trouble putting this one into context.  In my heart KNOW God did not create a meaningless world but to say "that war is not real" or "the plane crash is not real" is difficult to affirm from the perspective of this world.  When my perspective shifts (by the Grace of God's Holy Spirit),  I may perceive it that way but until then, stating that these things "are not real" feels I am closing my eyes to the reality around me.  
How can I be of service to this world if I don't even acknowledge it's existence? 

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-14-2018

(11-13-2018, 02:13 PM)Enyiah Wrote: I have a trouble putting this one into context.  In my heart KNOW God did not create a meaningless world but to say "that war is not real" or "the plane crash is not real" is difficult to affirm from the perspective of this world.  When my perspective shifts (by the Grace of God's Holy Spirit),  I may perceive it that way but until then, stating that these things "are not real" feels I am closing my eyes to the reality around me.  
How can I be of service to this world if I don't even acknowledge it's existence? 

Fair enough. What I have seen being really helpful is using such affirmations in a question form, i.e., "Could it be that ...?" and not trying to find an answer. Just allowing the conditioned ways of "seeing" the world to loosen up a bit.

Thank goodness, these exercises are not for understanding, but just for practicing. We can do it a couple of times a day no matter how we feel about them or what our opinion is, can't we?

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-14-2018

Lesson 15 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-015-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

If there is strong resistance to this in your system try using it in a question form: "Is this___ an image that I have made? Could it be that this ___ is an image that I have made?" And don't push for an answer

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-15-2018

Lesson 16 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-016-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

A neutral thought is truly impossible

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-16-2018

Lesson 17 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-017-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

And if the resistance is too strong try it as a question: "What if ... ? Would it be possible that ... ?" No answer needed. Just help the brain to loosen its grip on the old beliefs

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-17-2018

Lesson 18 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-018-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-18-2018

Lesson 19 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-019-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

The bad news: The way we think determines not only our experience. The good news: If we change the way we think we change the experience, and not only for ourselves.

RE: Going Through The Workbook for Students of A Course In Miracles - RitaJC - 11-19-2018

Lesson 20 is up

[Image: ACIM-Lesson-020-Workbook-Quote-Wide.jpg]

Setting a timer