Bring4th
Quitting marijuana, music - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Quitting marijuana, music (/showthread.php?tid=16831)

Pages: 1 2

Quitting marijuana, music - Cainite - 01-13-2019

I'm sorry if the thread is repetitive or whatever.

I try to keep the story short;

Ten years ago I had become afraid that I've become an addict.
I was smoking weed everyday suddenly.

why not?
Hash was and is very cheap here after all, and bam THE MUSIC man... it made me float in my body. it had made me want to go on adventures. be comfortable as an introvert.
In short it wasn't bad.. but the fear of me being addicted to substance bothered me.

When it stops bothering you, you know it may be too late to get free of it easily.

about the music, before trying weed, I had tried some downer pills, but they made life black for a few days.. the dsbm screams and the darkness of a book I was reading (the blind owl) haunted me and were hurting me inside badly.
So i didn't get much hooked on them.
but with pot, I was having transcending experiences while enjoying any art that I liked, be it a movie or music or whatever.

I mention music a lot, because substance use/abuse and art go hand in hand for some. and it wasn't the substance itself that made me do it a lot.. it was music and the new world that I was introduced to through it. I went through old things and saw things I hadn't seen before..

''I like escapism... not because I feel like a failure, but because all life here is seen to be a failure by me.
then why not celebrate this failure the way I like it?''
This is how my subconscious feels about the situation.. with its lack of logic.

Weed makes time go faster without me noticing it. so I lose time and it has also hurt my short term memory.
My problem now is that giving it up seems too far away..

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - RitaJC - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 03:13 PM)Cainite Wrote: I'm sorry if the thread is repetitive or whatever.

why not?
Hash was and is very cheap here after all, and bam THE MUSIC man... it made me float in my body. it had made me want to go on adventures. be comfortable as an introvert.
In short it wasn't bad.. but the fear of me being addicted to substance bothered me.

When it stops bothering you, you know it may be too late to get free of it easily.

about the music, before trying weed, I had tried some downer pills, but they made life black for a few days.. the dsbm screams and the darkness of a book I was reading (the blind owl) haunted me and were hurting me inside badly.
but with pot, I was having transcending experiences while enjoying any art that I liked, be it a movie or music or whatever.

I mention music a lot, because substance use/abuse and art go hand in hand for some. and it wasn't the substance itself that made me do it a lot.. it was music and the new world that I was introduced to through it. I went through old things and saw things I hadn't seen before..

''I like escapism... not because I feel like a failure, but because all life here is seen to be a failure by me.

Weed makes time go faster without me noticing it. so I lose time and it has also hurt my short term memory.

I believe when it happens it will be the right time

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - MangusKhan - 01-14-2019

I don't understand how you can get addicted to weed. After smoking it every day for a week straight doesn't it kind of lose its magic? The new high becomes sobriety. I like a smoke every now and then just to go on transcendental thought trains, but it does drain your energy. After a few days there's almost no effect and you just feel like a zombie.

I have friends who smoke every hour of the day for the last ten years though, so I know it happens. There's worse things to be addicted to, I guess.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Relax - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 12:09 AM)MangusKhan Wrote: .....The new high becomes sobriety. ....

6 years sober for me - and I fully agree to the increasing bliss (yes - s*** still happens in life - but sober, you have the energy and focus to feel it and then deal with it.)

I've sent you a pm Cainite Heart

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Cainite - 01-14-2019

(01-13-2019, 05:06 PM)RitaJC Wrote: I believe when it happens it will be the right time

Will check it out. thanks!

(01-14-2019, 12:09 AM)MangusKhan Wrote: I don't understand how you can get addicted to weed. After smoking it every day for a week straight doesn't it kind of lose its magic? The new high becomes sobriety. I like a smoke every now and then just to go on transcendental thought trains, but it does drain your energy. After a few days there's almost no effect and you just feel like a zombie.

I have friends who smoke every hour of the day for the last ten years though, so I know it happens. There's worse things to be addicted to, I guess.

I can't say it doen't work anymore.. specially since I take other medicine too.

How can I just sit and work/study/have fun or do anything else knowing that I'm not going to smoke soon.
Weed has become the first part of everything!

It doesn't get me really high anymore.. it's a normal state. my mind convinces me I need it.
So much that I cant sit my ass down without lighting one.

It can become a part of you. that's what has happened here.

The introverts I knew that not unlike me lived within themselves mostly, and were aesthetes/musicians are the ones that react this way. others seem to react differently.

Thanks for the help everyone..
I wouldn't ask you if I knew I could do it myself.

I can go on hours without smoking if I have to I guess, the thought that I'm going to smoke later will make do for those times. though, those horus may feel less natural and different.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Relax - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 03:48 AM)Cainite Wrote: .....
I can go on hours without smoking if I have to I guess, the thought that I'm going to smoke later will make do for those times. though, those horus may feel less natural and different.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus

:idea:

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Infinite Unity - 01-14-2019

(01-13-2019, 03:13 PM)Cainite Wrote: I'm sorry if the thread is repetitive or whatever.

why not?

I smoked pot for 14 years, and it can be very hard to quit. Over the past 5 years I have attempted to quit many times, and always came up short. Well last week I went through a very bad spiritual sickness. In the middle of this sickness the realization and want to quit weed overtook me, and I knew it was time to stop smoking. I went through heavy withdrawals, bowel problems, and heavy heavy fatigue. My body hurt, but still my will held and I am smoke free a week.

If you really feel like you need to quit I believe you can do it. I don't see weed as a bad thing, It helped me get through some of the toughest times in my life. However over the past 5 years somewhere in there I knew to get to the next "level" in my spiritual journey, I would need to quit smoking weed. Finally that step in the journey has come, and I am preparing for the next leg of this grand adventure.

I believe in you, and you can quit if you want. Don't ever give up, and do not presume yourself a failure that's half the battle brother. Have you been having the urge or messages sent to you that its time to stop?

It is a lie and misleading to say weed is non-addictive. Any substance introduced to your body can become addictive. Your body starts becoming dependent on those chemicals and energies being introduced. Anything in the wide world can be addictive.

I would begin with going as long as I could without smoking under the guise of "smoking later", smoke when it becomes absolutely terrible not to. Rinse and repeat, and try and get the distance/time in-between each smoke further and further away. Until finally you can put it down. It is very possible, almost every adult that is in my life, and I spend extreme amounts of time with, smokes weed. So I completely understand being compelled to smoke, you can do this.

Also brothers and sisters Ive had dreams, and other things beginning to line up, things and signs from ages past coming into realization. Something big is on the radar now and just around the corner. I wont try and define it for each of us, but seriously something huge is coming upon us. Prepare yourself.

(01-14-2019, 12:09 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote:

why not?

I smoked pot for 14 years, and it can be very hard to quit. Over the past 5 years I have attempted to quit many times, and always came up short. Well last week I went through a very bad spiritual sickness. In the middle of this sickness the realization and want to quit weed overtook me, and I knew it was time to stop smoking. I went through heavy withdrawals, bowel problems, and heavy heavy fatigue. My body hurt, but still my will held and I am smoke free a week.

If you really feel like you need to quit I believe you can do it. I don't see weed as a bad thing, It helped me get through some of the toughest times in my life. However over the past 5 years somewhere in there I knew to get to the next "level" in my spiritual journey, I would need to quit smoking weed. Finally that step in the journey has come, and I am preparing for the next leg of this grand adventure.

I believe in you, and you can quit if you want. Don't ever give up, and do not presume yourself a failure that's half the battle brother. Have you been having the urge or messages sent to you that its time to stop?

It is a lie and misleading to say weed is non-addictive. Any substance introduced to your body can become addictive. Your body starts becoming dependent on those chemicals and energies being introduced. Anything in the wide world can be addictive.

Messages? well if I ask I'm sure that's one of the things that will be recommended by the guides.
But even my doctor and the two other doctors that replace him and each other when he goes to america for most of the year are all maybe too understanding? they don't tell me to quit and leave the decision to me each time we talk about it, they also trust me with the other medicine.

If I tell them I want to give up smoking blunts. they will give me some pills then tell me to come here tomorrow or in 2 days, to report. then I do that and they probably give me lots of other pills, one pill for each symptom. lol
I also don't like to pay for all these visits and new medication with the little money I have.

What happened to you unexpectedly made you want to give it up.
My problem is that still a part of me doesnt want to be free of it. and the other part that wants it does not have much of a voice.
Here's a conscious attempt to give it some kind of voice!
I really don't care enough.. and I also don't see it as a bad thing. but overdoing anything is bad I suppose.

btw, I'm happy for you! I hope you won't go back to it. please tell us about your progress.

(01-14-2019, 04:08 AM)Relaxo Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 03:48 AM)Cainite Wrote: .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus

:idea:

lol now I get it. at first I was reading through the wikipedia page to get a clue... Smile
I had a busy day but your PM was the highlight of it.. very helpful. thanks.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - AnthroHeart - 01-14-2019

You can get a discount for medicine with coupons for different stores.
But I'm not sure if it's outside the USA.

https://www.goodrx.com/

I was referred to that by my therapist.

(01-14-2019, 01:20 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: You can get a discount for medicine with coupons for different stores.

No it's not outisde the US.
but what's the point of switching one medicine with another? even more? well probably more!

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Rhayader - 01-14-2019

I struggle with insomnia and so have medicated myself with weed and/or booze to help with that...can't have had many sober night's in the last 10 years...I've wanted to quit and be clean but at the same time what I deem as my situation suggests why bother? It would only take 3-7 days to clean up but it's hard. Now that I'm broke and can't afford I'm relying more on alcohol again to get by...was alcoholic for a long time, kicked the habit, but started more heavily recently again due to a number of factors and availability.

I see no reason to fully quit anything, with our cyclical nature of time and experience, but I will have to embrace some sobriety... besides when I smoke weed, it will be amazing once tolerance has dwindled...

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Infinite Unity - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 01:22 PM)Cainite Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 01:20 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: You can get a discount for medicine with coupons for different stores.

but what's the point of switching one medicine with another? even more? well probably more!

Agreed this is totally antecendant of the point of quiting.

That's the hardest position to me a 50/50 split. It is indicative of truly being lost upon decision. You are attracted to either choice narrowly the same, so making a decision is wrapped in confusion.

I would take inventory, and work within myself until I worked out which way I want to go. Obviously you are having some type of draw towards quitting.

Messages from the universe or higher self. Little synchronocities pointing towards a certain choice or an in-general direction.

Like everytime you light a blunt is there a hesitation of "is this the right way?"

I would want the doctor to uphold or respect any decision I made for myself, Whilst still informing me of the potential dangers or problems of continuing to smoke. However I differ on the viewpoint of medicine or pills as the answer to quitting smoking. I believe a well developed plan, and a lot of will power is needed to do so, in the most healthy and potentially leading to the result of quitting. Not leaning on another substitute that is potentially far worse then the weed itself.

When you quit any substance that your body has routinely gotten used to being introduced to, there is going to be shock. So just quitting is not the most benevolent, or most well-thought out plan. Even something like quitting weed can be for a selfish reason. We want to quit to get a better job to self indulge and aggrandize ourselves even more. Look deep within and examine the reasons that you would want to quit. What are they?

(01-14-2019, 02:20 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 01:22 PM)Cainite Wrote:

Agreed this is totally antecendant of the point of quiting.

That's the hardest position to me a 50/50 split. It is indicative of truly being lost upon decision. You are attracted to either choice narrowly the same, so making a decision is wrapped in confusion.

I would take inventory, and work within myself until I worked out which way I want to go. Obviously you are having some type of draw towards quitting.

Messages from the universe or higher self. Little synchronocities pointing towards a certain choice or an in-general direction.

Like everytime you light a blunt is there a hesitation of "is this the right way?"

Yeah.. lots of those catalysts and moments.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - flofrog - 01-15-2019

Cainite, go for it, there is nothing like the true bliss of being alive once you give up something. It may be incredibly hard or you never know, less so. It's ok we are so grounding for you !!! all my frog cousins do too !!! As Infinite said, the right doctor or therapist to support you. A naturopath might be awesome. Go for it my friend, that's awesome.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Cainite - 01-15-2019

(01-15-2019, 12:38 AM)flofrog Wrote: Cainite,  go for it,  there is nothing like the true bliss of being alive once you give up something.  It may be incredibly hard or you never know, less so.   It's ok we are so grounding for you  !!!  all  my frog cousins do too !!!  As Infinite said, the right doctor or therapist to support you.  A naturopath might be awesome.   Go for it my friend, that's awesome.

I was crazy about frogs as a child. Smile donnu why.. wrote an essay about them in school. lol
Now I seem to attract cats mostly.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Tae - 01-15-2019

I recommend transitioning to vaporizing weed instead of smoking it, which will decrease your intake and force you to slow down, also easier on the lungs. I'm not prepared to give up all my vibration lowering fun yet. I've ALMOST stopped drinking (I now only drink alcohol if I'm sharing a beer or wine specifically with someone and I have one serving of alcohol) which had massive repercussions spiritually and it felt very much like the right move. So I didn't even drink one bit of booze over the holidays.

It doesn't feel like the right move to quit cannabis for me personally right now. In fact, I threw it out at the universe that I wanted to get more free cannabis, since in my opinion it is a healing herbal plant and was benefiting me, and the universe said, "Okay." Since November, I've received over an ounce of free cannabis from multiple different sources and 4 different free samples of concentrates and cut my cannabis expense in half. I can only assume more is on the way.

Should you quit cannabis? Yes, if it feels right, the stars are aligned, you really want your old tolerance back, you'd like your short term memory back, etc etc etc. You're reporting catalyst and the sense of 'is this the right way' which tells me your higher self is trying to make you question your use, either the amount, frequency, or that you use it at all. Cannabis is at least one of the easier substances to quit, you'll find the psychological effects of having created an oral habit the worst of it, expect a day or two where your head feels thick and like mushy pudding and any pain that it was suppressing will re emerge. I believe the medical value cannabis had for me personally makes the negative side effects worth it, and they're less bothersome negatives than a lot of pills would be anyway.

As long as I distract myself with some project though, I don't really notice when I'm not using. I recommend setting up something to keep your hands and maybe your mouth busy during moments where you would have smoked before. A good time to process produce to be put in the freezer! Eat half of each berry, haha, I'm only mostly kidding. You also might find replacing a blunt/joint/whatever you smoke with a straw helpful, have a nice fruit smoothie to sip on or water even.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Infinite Unity - 01-15-2019

Vaping comes with serious health risks. Look it up. Its not a safe alternative. It causes brain damage, specifically to the pre-frontal cortex, and extreme damage to the lungs, I do not recommend it as an alternative.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - MangusKhan - 01-15-2019

(01-15-2019, 08:35 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: Vaping comes with serious health risks. Look it up. Its not a safe alternative. It causes brain damage, specifically to the pre-frontal cortex, and extreme damage to the lungs, I do not recommend it as an alternative.

Are you talking about nicotine vapourisers which use the liquid, or the vapourisers which just use heating coils to bake the herb? I can't see how the latter would be any more harmful than lighting up a pipe or a joint.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Tae - 01-15-2019

(01-15-2019, 08:53 PM)MangusKhan Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 08:35 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: Vaping comes with serious health risks. Look it up. Its not a safe alternative. It causes brain damage, specifically to the pre-frontal cortex, and extreme damage to the lungs, I do not recommend it as an alternative.

Are you talking about nicotine vapourisers which use the liquid, or the vapourisers which just use heating coils to bake the herb? I can't see how the latter would be any more harmful than lighting up a pipe or a joint.
That's correct. There are two different kinds of "vaping" and I am not recommending liquid, but the kind which uses heating coils to "bake" the herb but not combust it. It is by far a superior alternative to smoking when it comes to lungs and I guarantee it is not going to damage your brain any more than regular marijuana use. Anyone saying it causes more damage to the lungs is misinformed. It will cause less damage because of the lower temperature and the fact that you're not inhaling all of the ash substance, but only what's been boiled off of it.

Regarding liquid vaporizing. The reality is that we don't know the long term effects. There is a misinformation meme which got spread around Facebook and the like about "popcorn lung" which is very likely what you're thinking of for "extreme damage to the lungs". This is not based on facts and is fearmongering. The fact is that we don't know because liquid vapor as an alternative to smoking has not been around long enough to get a conclusive amount of data on its long term effects. It may in fact be more dangerous than smoking, but this cannot be said as a fact. I do not recommend the liquid vaporizing option.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Cainite - 01-16-2019

My lungs hurt at times.. then I heal myself with the creator's help in less than an hour. but then when it feels fine I smoke again.

Starting today I'm lessening the dose. I'll be smoking less and less to honor your support and my teeth/lungs/memory.
I can't do cold turkey yet. this should be good enough for now.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - AnthroHeart - 01-16-2019

I swear I thought I saw a news piece on the web that said just that. But maybe it's a false memory.
It feels like Deja Vu.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Tae - 01-16-2019

Gentle humans, I am a cannabis writer and am well educated on the current reality of products in Canada. I apologize I was unclear in my first post about the distinction between dry and wet vaping. If you heard anything about "it causes more damage to your lungs" it was regarding liquid vaporization–generally flavored propylene glycol–and it's based on knowledge from people working in plants where these products are used in much more concentrated forms, not on long-term studies of people vaporizing marijuana in any way. Much of the information consumed from mass media outlets is greatly exaggerated and stylized to drive people's opinions on the desired direction for capitalist sales.

Tobacco is where a lot of money comes from. When marijuana is legalized, smoking it is where the money comes from. If you're going to smoke it, at least use a pipe so you're only getting combusted herb in your lungs, not paper remnants too. Now I'm steering into my own conspiracy territory, but I absolutely believe there's been negative campaigning against the concept of vaping because dry herb vaporizing is so much more efficient, muddying the data field because there's two different types of "vaping" and also the whole "vape nation" world of flavors. And I am personally suspicious about the long term health benefits of that "alternative" to smoking; I believe that dry vaporizing tobacco would probably also be the best choice, I just personally have never taken any interest in trying that other sacred herb. BigSmile And similarly it would be more efficient and easier on the lungs, yet I never hear anyone talking about it, dry vaping seems to be exclusively a marijuana user thing. And also occasionally "herbal medicine" thing, I have absolutely heard of people throwing in essential oil herbs and vaporizing them. (le shrug) I did it with mint once. It was minty.

(01-16-2019, 02:48 AM)Cainite Wrote: Starting today I'm lessening the dose. I'll be smoking less and less to honor your support and my teeth/lungs/memory.
Do it at your pace. Less smoking is better than stopping for a window of time and then getting back on and going "eh well it was never going to work out for me anyway." Another thing I do is take just one day off here or there to clear my head and keep my tolerance at the same level. It's constant heavy daily use that really starts to steer the negative symptoms into your life. Don't feel ashamed of yourself, just take measures to improve at a rate that you can personally achieve. If you stop smoking joints and blunts, or decrease your daily intake, that's still a win. You're still bettering yourself.

You're doing great.

A lot of people though, seem to just hit a point where they decide "ah weed is no longer for me" and then they quit, no problem, so it is possible to cold turkey it if your brain is oriented right.

The one thing I still remain confused about is–you're not quitting music too, are you? Because that seems a sad thing.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Infinite Unity - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 08:37 PM)Tae Wrote: Gentle humans, I am a cannabis writer and am well educated on the current reality of products in Canada. I apologize I was unclear in my first post about the distinction between dry and wet vaping. If you heard anything about "it causes more damage to your lungs" it was regarding liquid vaporization–generally flavored propylene glycol–and it's based on knowledge from people working in plants where these products are used in much more concentrated forms, not on long-term studies of people vaporizing marijuana in any way. Much of the information consumed from mass media outlets is greatly exaggerated and stylized to drive people's opinions on the desired direction for capitalist sales.

Tobacco is where a lot of money comes from. When marijuana is legalized, smoking it is where the money comes from. If you're going to smoke it, at least use a pipe so you're only getting combusted herb in your lungs, not paper remnants too. Now I'm steering into my own conspiracy territory, but I absolutely believe there's been negative campaigning against the concept of vaping because dry herb vaporizing is so much more efficient, muddying the data field because there's two different types of "vaping" and also the whole "vape nation" world of flavors. And I am personally suspicious about the long term health benefits of that "alternative" to smoking; I believe that dry vaporizing tobacco would probably also be the best choice, I just personally have never taken any interest in trying that other sacred herb. BigSmile And similarly it would be more efficient and easier on the lungs, yet I never hear anyone talking about it, dry vaping seems to be exclusively a marijuana user thing. And also occasionally "herbal medicine" thing, I have absolutely heard of people throwing in essential oil herbs and vaporizing them. (le shrug) I did it with mint once. It was minty.

(01-16-2019, 02:48 AM)Cainite Wrote: Starting today I'm lessening the dose. I'll be smoking less and less to honor your support and my teeth/lungs/memory.
Do it at your pace. Less smoking is better than stopping for a window of time and then getting back on and going "eh well it was never going to work out for me anyway." Another thing I do is take just one day off here or there to clear my head and keep my tolerance at the same level. It's constant heavy daily use that really starts to steer the negative symptoms into your life. Don't feel ashamed of yourself, just take measures to improve at a rate that you can personally achieve. If you stop smoking joints and blunts, or decrease your daily intake, that's still a win. You're still bettering yourself.

You're doing great.

A lot of people though, seem to just hit a point where they decide "ah weed is no longer for me" and then they quit, no problem, so it is possible to cold turkey it if your brain is oriented right.

The one thing I still remain confused about is–you're not quitting music too, are you? Because that seems a sad thing.

I was being presumptuous. I was not however trying to make myself seem like an expert. I would agree that a large part of any media/propaganda is to steer opinions in the direction they want them to go. I would agree that the traditional vaporizing is most likely more healthy for you.

I was also not attacking your opinion, I am sorry if it seemed that way.

Higher concentrations or not, that in my opinion, is plenty of reason not to go that route. Thank you for posting and the information.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Relax - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 08:37 PM)Tae Wrote: ... people throwing in essential oil herbs and vaporizing them. (le shrug) I did it with mint once. It was minty.

lol  BigSmile

*tee hee*

I get a mild euphoria from strong mint tea, relaxed from strong cammomile tea

I've felt very euphoric after crushed garlic on buttery toast, can get peak insights after a strong fresh ground (from beans) coffee ; 85% dark chocolate  - Lindt or similar quality is a buzz

2g (dry root extract) high strength Valerian (Valeriana Officinalis) tablet can help me get a better nights sleep

I have a small container with cotton wool soaked in eucalyptus oil which I inhale from when stressing out and it's an instant Koala calm Wink

a warm bath in salt water or lavender oil is very mellowing

fresh ginger grated into hot water with a dash of lemon juice and local honey is buzzy/refreshing

drumming/dancing/singing loudly while driving in a car w/music up loud

Usui Reiki/Tai Chi/Aikido/QiGong

hugs

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - flofrog - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 11:33 PM)Relaxo Wrote: I get a mild euphoria from strong mint tea, relaxed from strong cammomile tea

I've felt very euphoric after crushed garlic on buttery toast, can get peak insights after a strong fresh ground (from beans) coffee ; 85% dark chocolate  - Lindt or similar quality is a buzz

2g (dry root extract) high strength Valerian (Valeriana Officinalis) tablet can help me get a better nights sleep

I have a small container with cotton wool soaked in eucalyptus oil which I inhale from when stressing out and it's an instant Koala calm Wink

a warm bath in salt water or lavender oil is very mellowing

fresh ginger grated into hot water with a dash of lemon juice and local honey is buzzy/refreshing

drumming/dancing/singing loudly while driving in a car w/music up loud

Usui Reiki/Tai Chi/Aikido/QiGong

hugs

Gosh Relaxo you are so addicted, multiple ways and  badly     Tongue

ahahahahahahahahaha!!

ah ha!

(nb: lol)

BigSmile  Tongue  BigSmile  RollEyes  BigSmile  Tongue  BigSmile

Heart

- but back to Cainite....

how are you Cainite?
how're you travelling?

Heart

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Tae - 01-17-2019

(01-16-2019, 08:42 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: I was being presumptuous. I was not however trying to make myself seem like an expert. I would agree that a large part of any media/propaganda is to steer opinions in the direction they want them to go. I would agree that the traditional vaporizing is most likely more healthy for you.

I was also not attacking your opinion, I am sorry if it seemed that way.
Not at all, not taken that way, let there only be love between us. I was trying to avoid seeming cranky, but I didn't have time to leave my post sitting for my usual period to come back and edit for tone. It's just this is a topic based on the one other community I've flung myself into >___> so I may come across strong.

But yeah, essential oils and their herbs! What a rush! Now there's something that could come across strong. BigSmile I have to say it, I really do like sniffing mint. It's just so calming and invigorating all at once. Probably my second favorite herb, ginger may beat it because of how often I cook with it... not good together... but wow they're both awesome plants too.

RE: Quitting marijuana, music - Cainite - 01-17-2019

(01-16-2019, 08:37 PM)Tae Wrote: Do it at your pace. Less smoking is better than stopping for a window of time and then getting back on and going "eh well it was never going to work out for me anyway." Another thing I do is take just one day off here or there to clear my head and keep my tolerance at the same level. It's constant heavy daily use that really starts to steer the negative symptoms into your life. Don't feel ashamed of yourself, just take measures to improve at a rate that you can personally achieve. If you stop smoking joints and blunts, or decrease your daily intake, that's still a win. You're still bettering yourself.

You're doing great.

That's what I'm doing.. slowly but surely. and no I'm not letting music go. even though I'm not as driven as I should be I still try to pick up the paper and edit or add to compositions. I also tried to finish one of the unfinished drawings. everyone should paint or draw. :idea:

Quote:A lot of people though, seem to just hit a point where they decide "ah weed is no longer for me" and then they quit, no problem, so it is possible to cold turkey it if your brain is oriented right.
When I became mentally ill for a while, I couldn't touch weed.
Thoughts like the people in the street having personalities of their own was very scary for me for example..
Too scary maybe. so weed would make these things worse. in the last eight or nine years that I've had a relationship with pot, those two years were the only period in which I didn't use.

Quote:how are you Cainite?
how're you travelling?
I'm good.. thank you.
Last night was hard enough though.

But you don't need to worry about me.. I'll be taking things slow as others recommended.  Heart