Bring4th
Prayer - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Prayer (/showthread.php?tid=16835)

Prayer - Bring4th_Austin - 01-16-2019

I am curious what role prayer plays in the lives of seekers on the forum. Do you pray? What does prayer mean to you? To whom or what do you pray? What are the effects it has had in your spiritual life?

I began praying earnestly and consistently about six or more months ago. I began with a sort of "free form" prayer, just communicating internally to the Creator, expressing desires, concerns, and asking for aid in a path of service. It would generally change each time but the intention held was mostly the same. I would do this at night before going to bed, in the shower, and randomly throughout the day. I found it to be very centering and soothing, and my mind would more easily turn towards prayer the more that I would do it.

Not long after I began I decided to incorporate the Prayer of St. Francis into my daily routine. I began to recite it about three times a day - in the shower, on the car ride into work, and before bed. I would often recite it out loud instead of internally. As I recited the words, I did my best to imbue them with true intention and meaning. I didn't want to simply go through the motions of saying the words, but feel the journey of the prayer as I said it, putting my entire being behind it. This is relatively easy with the Prayer of St. Francis because it shifts between concepts very distinctly and it's easy to really feel the words that are being recited. I would then continue on to my "free form" prayer after St. Francis.

It's hard for me to put a finger on exactly what effects this has had on my spiritual life. I wouldn't say it has been truly profound, but it has been compelling and has become an integral part of my spirituality. I can feel a sort of openness form within me as I pray, it lifts my perspective from the daily concerns to the broader picture of the Creator and service. It soothes my anxiety and helps to center me. I also feel like there is a continuing cumulative effect, that as I continue to pray a deeper connection to myself and to the world is being forged very slowly.

Before my spiritual awakening I was quite anti-spiritual and ant-theist, and found the idea of prayer silly and naive. I've had some baggage to let go of from those days, and I never thought I'd be the type of person who prays regularly, but I am happy that I let that particular baggage fall away.

How about any of you?

RE: Prayer - auntiemable - 01-16-2019

After my spiritual awakening, I too, began praying again. As an ex-Catholic, I still retain and use some of the prayers I learned in my youth although, occasionally, I change the words so that the prayer better resonates with me. The prayer that I use most is the Lord's Prayer although it is a slightly different version from the one I was required to memorize years ago.

For the most part, I pray at night before bed which, like you, I never thought I'd do on a regular basis. But, now, I can't even go to sleep unless I pray because it feels like something is missing. I also say the Lord's Prayer before I meditate each night.

Your question of 'to whom or to what do you pray' was the subject of a discussion recently. A friend is trying to sell his house and purchased a St. Joseph statue to bury in the ground as it is said that it will help the house sell quicker. However, neither he nor I are practicing Catholics, and he was in a quandary about the prayer you're are supposed to say after you bury the statue. He asked me how I resolved saying the prayer because "the Christian God is not your God". That statement really got to me for some reason. For what it's worth, to me, there is only one God as I was raised to call Him although now I tend to refer to him as the One Infinite Creator or Source. "My" God is the same as "your" God or the "Christian" God or the "Muslim" God, etc. Just because humans on the earthly plane worship Him differently under the guise of different religions, does not change Him into something or someone else if that makes any sense.

I think with prayer it depends on how much emphasis you place on it in your life. You said "I did my best to imbue them with true intention and meaning" and I think that makes a difference on how it effects your life. For me, mine has fallen into rote and the intention and meaning has fallen to the wayside. I know I need to put that intention back into my prayer, so thanks for the reminder.

I was wondering about prayer myself, Austin. I heard somewhere that the main reason for prayer is to remind yourself of the concept presented in the prayer, i.e. "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". So, I'm not even sure it matters to whom or to what we pray. Maybe the most important thing is the words in the prayer that we choose to recite. What do you think?

RE: Prayer - AnthroHeart - 01-16-2019

I usually pray when I've reached a roadblock on my spiritual path.
Sometimes I've prayed to Ra, sometimes my spirit guide,
and sometimes Creator.

I don't say much. I pray usually only when I want to advance spiritually.
I used to pray for forgiveness, before I realized there was no need.

RE: Prayer - Relax - 01-16-2019

I pray all the time... but don't call it that...

I share my life with 15 Archangels
so share my heart thoughts, feelings and sometimes (often) just sit within their energy field (surrounding me)...

sometimes out loud - sometimes in my mind

I live in a state of 24/7 connection with these Beings

RE: Prayer - Tae - 01-17-2019

I periodically pray as I come from a Christian background so addressing the creator formally in my mind comes not unnaturally. But I've tried to weave a more active communication with the powers that actually be into my mind, and say thank you for whatever goodness comes into my life. I have also shifted my language to usually refer to God instead as the more religion-neutral "One Infinite Creator". I generally center myself first by thanking the Earth for everything I've taken from her/it to sustain myself and then shift my perspective to thank the one infinite creator for containing and creating everything. I often use the Lord's Prayer framework while not using its specific words. Which is to say:

-An address to the power in question.
-Willing their work to be done here, through me
-Request for what I need to do that work
-Apologies and thanks for their patience with my tomfoolery
-Final acknowledgment

I would guess I formally pray to God the Creator 1-2 times a week, always on Sunday but sometimes outside of the official day of worship. I try to maintain a casual day-to-day relationship with gratitude towards the creator.

While I do not worship the Earth, I always try to remember to thank it too though, for being there. Smile

RE: Prayer - Nau7ik - 01-17-2019

I pray daily mostly in the “free form” style. I do this all throughout the day. It took me weeks to form a habit of praying before I eat and giving thanks for my food. I also pray before showing (I use part of a Psalm; cleanse me in hyssop, O Lord, that I may be white as snow.) for purity. To clean off heavy energy or psychic dirt. I pray before bedtime, and when I go to walk my dogs.

Lately though I’ve been feeling that some of my prayers are becoming stale. I think the prayer of St. Francis is beautiful! I think I will try out what you have done! I’ll try putting real intention and heartfelt sincerity behind the recitation of St Francis’s prayer.

It’s hard to say what the effects of prayer have been on my life. I’ve only started praying recently, probably within the past 3 years. I mainly pray to give thanks, to praise our Lord, and to ask for guidance and protection for myself and those around me.

RE: Prayer - Jim Kent + - 01-17-2019

Greetings Austin, 

As I lay down to sleep every night I say in my mind the following:

"Higher Self and Social-Memory-Complex, heal, teach and protect me"

I started doing this many years go, after a prolonged period of grim dreams or psychic-greetings which were having a long-term and profoundly negative effect on my mental / emotional / spiritual well-being and out of desperation I started asking my Higher-Self to protect me.

And whether or not the positive outcome since is merely a psychosomatic response or is demonstrative of metaphysical assistance, for whatever reason it has helped and the horrible dreams have mostly subsided, thankfully. 

I've since got in the habit of asking for teaching and healing during the sleep state as well, as why waste such an opportunity of the resource that is sleep-consciousness and one's Higher-Self, and again, this seems to be having a positive effect on my ongoing development and recovery.

When I lay down in the day to mediate, I will often say; " Higher-Self help me achieve balance", and again this often seems to have a noticeable result in how I feel.

As far as the faith involved in asking for such help, perhaps I'm lucky in knowing, through many conscious telepathic experiences I've had over the decades, that someone is out there, and if they're not my Higher-Self, then I'm happy that my faith that they are just that, wouldn't cause a problem if unfounded.

L & L

Jim 

RE: Prayer - Glow - 01-17-2019

I pray all day, through the day, sometime the prayer is just a few words of graditude, sometimes a word of blessing for others, other times it is a request to be embodied, or for aid and there are times I am the petulant child or begging lover. Smile

I guess my prayer is just talking to the one as if they are right there with me at all times.
Because they are.
Then meditation becomes important as it is the time to focus on listening.

RE: Prayer - AnthroHeart - 01-17-2019

(01-16-2019, 11:42 PM)Relaxo Wrote: I pray all the time... but don't call it that...

so share my heart thoughts, feelings and sometimes (often) just sit within their energy field (surrounding me)...

Are the angels at the level above Christ Consciousness? Is that how you challenge who is speaking to you?
I test energy I feel with the Christ Consciousness and it sits just above my crown chakra.
So I feel the energy enter, no real personality, just a feeling of peace.

RE: Prayer - RitaJC - 01-17-2019

My prayer never ends, it's a constant surrender, appreciation, listening openness, and trust that at any given moment I am where the Creator wants me to be experiencing what is for the highest benefit for everything and everybody involved.

When there is something special I imagine myself after the point in time/space when my desire (mostly for somebody else) got fulfilled fulfilled, I feel it real, rejoice in it, appreciate it, and let it go.

There are rarely words or even images, just the feelings and sensations.

When there are words, they are usually: Thank you, Love. Or the formula of Ho'oponopono: I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.

The first thing in the morning, I feel myself going back to bed that night happy and satisfied how the day went (no details needed).

The last thing at night, I feel myself waking up the next morning happy and refreshed (no details needed again).

That's how I roll Smile

RE: Prayer - anagogy - 01-17-2019

(01-16-2019, 06:06 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: I am curious what role prayer plays in the lives of seekers on the forum. Do you pray? What does prayer mean to you? To whom or what do you pray? What are the effects it has had in your spiritual life?

I find prayer useful as well. I try to pray to the creator often.

The praying is mostly for the individual that is praying's sake, because the creator already knows what you need before you ask for it (whether it was guidance, or some change in environment or self).

Thus, from my perspective, the value in prayer is often, primarily, in the solace it gives to the individual that prays. Why aren't all prayers answered? Because even the creator cannot, or will not, take away your own power to create your own reality. However prayer often soothes the individual who does it. Belief in an omnipotent surrogate (a creator) who is working on your behalf helps intellectually justify the surrender of 'autonomous involvement'. Or, in other words, it allows you to step out of your self, or ego. As one surrenders the little self to the wisdom of the greater self (as a little child might to their parent "become as little children"), this helps balance the ultimate mismatch of energies streaming through the energy centers that is distorting one's reality in a separating, or negative way. This, in turn, allows intelligent infinity to flow through you, more freely, perfecting your reality moment by moment, allowing 'what has been asked for' both vibrationally, preferentially, and even unconsciously, before the prayer was even verbalized or uttered to the creator in the first place.

tl;dr: It helps release resistance to allowing the free flow of intelligent infinity through you. It allows the creator to work through you. The infinite understanding present within these energies naturally brings energies that were out of alignment, or less consonant with unity, into a greater degree of alignment with unity.

I sometimes like to end my prayers with, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done. In earth, as it is in heaven. Amen."

RE: Prayer - flofrog - 01-17-2019

Hello Austin,

just like Glow and Blossom and Rita and mostly everyone I pray informally often during the day, sometimes I give some orders to Creator because really there's some chaos here so we need together some harmonizing done, really BigSmile

When a child I was praying a lot, raised as a french protestant, only one denomination, french protestants were really cool as a minority who considered that you have to talk directly to god, no intermediary, and they are also very frugal, we used to learn to live with minimal consumption and be happy with it, austere but warm with others too, like taking care of your brother.

I was lucky to have a pastor who was just hilarious, he would tell jokes while teaching the new testament to us kids, like you know, Jesus didn't get married because he wanted a peaceful home at night. He was also a mystic quite interested in synchronicities so I was so lucky.
During many years of buddhism I kind of stopped praying, as meditation curiously kind of replaced it, then as I came to just think about Creator I got praying again and it is just awesome really.

By the way multi thanks for St Francis prayer, its been a long time I hadn't read it and it's just beautiful... Wink

RE: Prayer - Relax - 01-18-2019

(01-17-2019, 12:45 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 11:42 PM)Relaxo Wrote: I pray all the time... but don't call it that...

Are the angels at the level above Christ Consciousness? Is that how you challenge who is speaking to you?
I test energy I feel with the Christ Consciousness and it sits just above my crown chakra.
So I feel the energy enter, no real personality, just a feeling of peace.

hmmm... I'm not sure what hierarchical system you're describing....

Initiation as a channel for Usui Reiki in 1994 means that I have automatic "Light" entering my crown chakra 24/7; and exiting my palm chakras... this has significantly helped keep me alive as I do self treatment with Reiki sometimes for hours a day...

I feel evoking 'Christ consciousness' is a good protection... but I guess I already felt protected within that energy from years of (positive) Christian contemplation and idealistic STO trance-like prayer states I've already experienced... Archangels came to me (clair-sentiently I feel them)  - but for respect (and my privacy) it's not appropriate to describe further...

The purity is the main aspect - love and wisdom combined... the one known as 'Michael' is permanently (at/slightly behind) my right shoulder for several years now... and once at a spiritualist church a (beginner) medium giving readings saw 'a massive being' at that location - the same side/size and described massive 'wings' of 'light' she was quite blown away by what she was seeing/sensing... for me - it was a lovely confirmation - but no surprise

We made an agreement (2009) for 15 to surround me permanently and I say their names in my mind or out loud most nights before sleep; and whenever I feel I need to I converse with them (as a group) they're 'with' me 24/7 so it's an integrated thing.

I did the investigation a long time ago to ensure their 'orientation'.

Also - I was baptised, made my first "Holy Communion', then my 'Confirmation' - brought up Catholic and went to church every week from birth to 16/17...so I developed my initial spirituality through conventional Christian ideas and that form of prayer, first. Archangels were 'in the mix' of that spiritual landscape - so I've never felt a formal protocol was needed... though it was 10 years ago I actually directly called out to them... but I already implicitly knew them as purest positive intention entities.
(NB: for some people being baptised means I'm 'owned' - spiritually compromised - to others - that I'm protected - I give neither idea any power.)

At about 10 I had an awakening that 'the anti-Christ' was probably resident within the Vatican (due to the wealth hoarding, double standards, controlling-ness, etc) (as in where better to hide than where least expected to be found?) and over the following 15 years slowly eased away from defining myself as a Catholic or a Christian mostly due to biblical fear laden ideology and that Jesus wouldn't have wanted to be 'worshipped'.

I don't relate to there being an omnipotent creator being - "God" - as an entity/being. Especially the male identity used - irritating and paternalistic because if "God" were a gender it would more be a generative womb-like female presence... but I feel reduction to gender or singularity (even plurality contained within the singular terminology of the concept of 'God') - is very human psychology based and just doesn't resonate with me...

for me- such a massive 'thing' (the whole of existence - and the mystery of It)... can't be narrowed down to that 'creator' mythos - but I fully respect if it feels right for whomever.

I prefer to let 'It' slowly unfold itself to me rather than adopt pre-prepared ideas, or what others think - for emotional security...

I think Jesus (historical figure) was/is different to 'Christ consciousness' but linked- and I respect both... I know the 'tone' of both and the purity of intent and STO... imo they're the same being in different slipstreams/time-lines/forms.

I know of Archangels first through Biblical reference but from study have found information that resonates that they're non denominational beings/entities... partially energy 'principalities'... but more and other than that too... I recently was reading the Quo info about AA Gabriel being 6D which sits 'accurately' with me...

I see them as Guardians, protectors, advisors and show them major respect - but not deference or 'worship'... they are my helpers to stay alive since a lot of my life I've been suicidal or very uneasy being individuated in a singular physical form

I never felt comfortable with Christian-bashing when it become fashionable... though understand how much hypocrisy is among many forms of it...
I always liked 'Jesus'...

At 17 I had a terrifying experience where I spent the night sharing a room with a born again hard core evangelical Christian who through speaking about her beliefs and going on and ON about the 'Devil' accidentally (?) invoked that actual entity and 'he' arrived in the room and the malevolence and violence/fear/darkness filled up every corner every 'molecule' of life force in the room converting it to the opposite - she went to sleep, (FFS!) and I lay there all night frozen to the bed motionless in extreme fear- with the 'presence' right there ... and I eventually reached out to my upbringing's idea of the exact opposite (God/Jesus/Holy Spirit) to vanquish the entity - or at least get it to f*** off back to hell (or wherever)... I have NEVER felt fear like that before or since... but the experience informed me SO WELL... that choosing LOVE and LIGHT is the absolute REFUGE - it is the default state of everything - and this creatures 'power' was only in what I allowed it to have.
BUT - the process to learn that! sheer terror.
THE 'face off' of my life.

Later I learned that though that was a 'real' experience - "the only thing to fear is fear itself" (therefore f*** off fear) ie: it only has the power it's given/allowed.

Since then I've had a few dreams where I've had a monstrous being up in my face and I've turned and screamed at them with such authority' power and strength they've recoiled from my refusal to give them any credence or authority ...

(I LOVE that scene in the Lord Of The Rings where Gandalf tell the Balrog "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJZZNHekEQw)

to paraphrase a reply on that link:

"Gandalf leads with ’you cannot pass’ as if ...like, here are the instructions to this particular bridge when concerning you, the Balrog. But then he finishes with ’you SHALL not pass’ which is telling him the outcome. I don’t care what you can or can’t do, don’t care what the rules say, you AIN’T passing, that’s what’s up!”

darkness is an absence of Light... darkness is a state of lack of Love - it can't de-illuminate - a light illuminates a dark room a dark room can't extinguish a light...

I used to volunteer for the Red Cross in neurosurgery and maternity wards as a hand/foot massage care giver (and Usui Reiki) and often when walking down the corridor before getting to the wards I'd sense 2 AA's one on either side of me - about maybe 11-12 feet tall, massive 'wings'...

NB: every reply above has aspects describing my own relationship with 'prayer' beautiful replies Smile

great thread  Heart

RE: Prayer - AnthroHeart - 01-18-2019

Thank you Relaxo for sharing.
I liked what you said about fear being limited to what you give or allow.
I've had experiences that I would call initiation.
I do believe in my spirit guide. Once under hypnosis I felt his presence
and it made me tremble. Just the energy, no fear. It was actually pleasant.

I was attuned to Reiki III after I and II. But I didn't really use it much.
I work with a general energy. It could be Reiki since it knows exactly where to go.
But I don't really call it Reiki. More like intelligent energy. Unless they're the same thing,
I'm not sure.

RE: Prayer - Sacred Fool - 01-18-2019

For me, what you might call "prayer" is a form of tuning or communion or resonance.  First, it's tuning in to a vibration accessible through contemplation or a mineral or a mantra or wordless surrender a sacred place (most likely some combination of these).  Second, it's tuning my own vibration--tuning out the noise--to match that frequency.  Then it's communing with whatever there may be that meets me at that frequency.  Then its about simply resonating and offering that energy to our mother planet.  There are some variations, but that's the nub of it.

RE: Prayer - Relax - 01-18-2019

(01-18-2019, 02:49 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: Thank you Relaxo for sharing.
I liked what you said about fear being limited to what you give or allow.
I've had experiences that I would call initiation.
I do believe in my spirit guide. Once under hypnosis I felt his presence
and it made me tremble. Just the energy, no fear. It was actually pleasant.

I was attuned to Reiki III after I and II. But I didn't really use it much.
I work with a general energy. It could be Reiki since it knows exactly where to go.
But I don't really call it Reiki. More like intelligent energy. Unless they're the same thing,
I'm not sure.

and your spirit guide believes in you ! Smile Wink

"intelligent energy" -  yes I think that would be Reiki... ('universal life force') as it's not us doing 'the healing' but being a pipe/channel/conduit for it to come through
you describe it well
Quote:"since it knows exactly where to go"
that's one of it's defining aspects...we can't have any agenda with it.... it leaves our palm chakras passes 'into' the person/creature/nature aspect and together they have a 'conversation'... interaction...

it benefits us also as it comes through our crown chakra fills us before leaving our palms... win/win Heart

no depletion  Smile

if you know any martial arts that use life force energy - it's the same energy as Qi, 'Hara' etc... but in permanent/automatic flow

and it has an inbuilt fail-safe - it can't be used for harm... plus the recipient can 'reject' it... though rarely does - as it's a neutral to wonderfully positive experienceSmile

does this sound relevant to you?

RE: Prayer - AnthroHeart - 01-18-2019

I've not felt Reiki in my hands that I can remember. Though I have used my hands to make an energy orb from pure energy and used that to counterbalance my own field.
I just never called it Reiki before.

But when I attempt healing, I imagine it coming out of my heart. It is never depleted, though I can get bored.

It heals us too when we attempt healing.

BTW, this is a great album to play during healings:

https://www.amazon.com/Reiki-Space-Peace-MERLINs-MAGIC/dp/B0000C9JFH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547815752&sr=8-1

I bought that from the lady who taught me and the class.

Sometimes when I want to shift probabilities of something, I use my 3rd eye, or my whole field. But I don't force changes.
I used to push against energy to shape it, but now I just be, and allow the Universe to flow through me without trying to change anything.
The Universe knows what we desire. If we can step back and allow it to flow through us with little or no resistance, magic can happen.

RE: Prayer - loostudent - 01-19-2019

I was raised in a pious Catholic family so prayer has always been a natural part of my life. For me prayer is opening myself to God (Creator). Tuning my heart and thoughts to God and also connecting with angels, saints, friends from Confederation, presences who are ready for support. I use some traditional prayers and also the free form prayer. Ra calls traditional formulas "the scalpel" but I think with my own words I can express more authenticaly and sincerely.

In a book called The Way of a Pilgrim I read about a Christian mystical tradition of prayer in a mantra style - hesychasm ("hesychia" means stillness). The goal of a hesychast is ceaseless inner prayer and communion with God. This book incouraged me to pray more. I haven't reached this kind of prayer yet but I pray daily on several occasions either with words or innerly.

RE: Prayer - Stranger - 01-19-2019

I approach prayer as a conversation with my loving Father, the Logos. This Universe and I are His idea and creation; it's as if He planted this fascinating, truly miraculous garden, and I mostly reach out to Him with love, and to ask Him to enable me to help him tend this garden.

There are entities who see the majesty, harmony and beauty of the original design and layout - everything that would please the eye and gladden the heart; and there are also entities who want to carve their initials into the trees and leave garbage on the grounds. That is as it must be, but when I speak to the Father, I express a heartfelt wish to be part of the former group, to help Him with this incredible project. I ask that by the time this life has run out, that there be nothing that I have to offer that is left unoffered to this place.

RE: Prayer - Stranger - 01-19-2019

Some more technical stuff that I wanted to keep separate from the pure sentiment in my preceding post: I think of the Logos as the face of the Creator that is most closely available to us; I know Him and He is real and He is clearly there; on the other hand, the Creator apart from the Logos remains an abstract concept to me, and so I pray to the Father.

I am also discovering that there is a Mother counterpart to the Father. She described herself to me as the womb within which the fetus that is Creation continuously grows and develops (it has been made clear to me that the universe was not created at some earlier time, but is being created still.) The Father's ideas give shape to the raw substance of the Mother, and so the world of multiplicity is created.

There is creation and dissolution in the Universe, and I thought maybe He is the creator an She the dissolver, but was told no: He both creates and dissolves; and when people worship deities associated with destruction (like Kali for example) they are actually worshipping the shadow - ie, the absence of the Mother/Father's light.

The Mother's presence feels incredibly loving, comforting, compassionate, emotionally warm. The Father's more wisdom-tinged.

RE: Prayer - Anodyne - 01-19-2019

This reminds me of the principle of Gender, as described in The Kybalion.

RE: Prayer - Glow - 01-20-2019

(01-19-2019, 03:20 PM)Stranger Wrote: Some more technical stuff that I wanted to keep separate from the pure sentiment in my preceding post: I think of the Logos as the face of the Creator that is most closely available to us; I know Him and He is real and He is clearly there; on the other hand, the Creator apart from the Logos remains an abstract concept to me, and so I pray to the Father.

I am also discovering that there is a Mother counterpart to the Father. She described herself to me as the womb within which the fetus that is Creation continuously grows and develops (it has been made clear to me that the universe was not created at some earlier time, but is being created still.) The Father's ideas give shape to the raw substance of the Mother, and so the world of multiplicity is created.

There is creation and dissolution in the Universe, and I thought maybe He is the creator an She the dissolver, but was told no: He both creates and dissolves; and when people worship deities associated with destruction (like Kali for example) they are actually worshipping the shadow - ie, the absence of the Mother/Father's light.

The Mother's presence feels incredibly loving, comforting, compassionate, emotionally warm. The Father's more wisdom-tinged.
I have only been exploring or rather being reunited with the mother part of creator/creation this last year myself. It seems as though humanity has been estranged from the mother aspect for a long time. I wonder if gradually us opening to that aspect person by person will help bring us back to a unity consciousness. Until our awareness is of all aspects of creator united it would seem impossible for humanity to dwell in unity.

Thanks for sharing your experience

RE: Prayer - flofrog - 01-20-2019

(01-20-2019, 10:48 AM)Glow Wrote: I have only been exploring or rather being reunited with the mother part of creator/creation this last year myself. It seems as though humanity has been estranged from the mother aspect for a long time. I wonder if gradually us opening to that aspect person by person will help bring us back to a unity consciousness. Until our awareness is of all aspects of creator united it would seem impossible for humanity to dwell in unity.

Thanks for sharing your experience

I feel the same thing around,  Glow  Smile

RE: Prayer - loostudent - 01-20-2019

(01-19-2019, 03:20 PM)Stranger Wrote: I am also discovering that there is a Mother counterpart to the Father.

God (Infinity) is "completely other". All names and attributes indicate aspects of how God acts in the Creation - the image/face of God. As "man and woman are created in the image of God" so father and mother as well. I believe the name Jesus used (actual translation would be "Daddy"!) is just one name for Father and Mother because God is One. The same for all other names (He, Creator ...). The name Father means the Creator takes care for us, He is interested in our affairs and we can pray to Him. Otherwise it would be like in that King Crimson song: "I talk to the wind, My words are all carried away, I talk to the wind, The wind does not hear, The wind cannot hear."

In the Bible the God is never addressed as Mother but there are motherly attributes e. G.:

But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me,
my Lord has forgotten me.”
Can a woman forget her nursing child,
or show no compassion for the child of her womb?
Even these may forget,
yet I will not forget you. (Isa 49:14-15)

As a mother comforts her child,
so I will comfort you. (Isa 66:12)

It was I who taught Ephraim to walk,
taking them by the arms;
but they did not realize
it was I who healed them.
I led them with cords of human kindness,
with ties of love.
To them I was like one who lifts
a little child to the cheek,
and I bent down to feed them. (Hosea 11:3-4)

RE: Prayer - AnthroHeart - 01-20-2019

You're right loostudent about the feminine. The feminine is also the creative side.
While the masculine actually does the work.
We need both in balance.

RE: Prayer - loostudent - 01-25-2019

Some less known prayers:

A DREAM REQUEST (Jewish)

Inform me YHWH in a dream this night, what I should do so that I may be righteous before you as you eternally like.  
Inform me in a dream this night YHWH the path of the righteous people: and he will teach me to make His will my will and for His great name since I have no God but you and to You only I hereby pray.

BEFORE MAKING LOVE (Christian)

And Tobi′as began to pray,

“Blessed art thou, O God of our fathers,
and blessed be thy holy and glorious name for ever.
Let the heavens and all thy creatures bless thee.
Thou madest Adam and gavest him Eve his wife
as a helper and support.
From them the race of mankind has sprung.
Thou didst say, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; let us make a helper for him like himself.’
And now, O Lord, I am not taking this sister of mine because of lust, but with sincerity. Grant that I may find mercy and may grow old together with her.”
And she said with him, “Amen.” Then they both went to sleep for the night.

(Tobit 8:5-9)