Bring4th
Working with your Shadow - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Working with your Shadow (/showthread.php?tid=16847)

Working with your Shadow - AnthroHeart - 01-18-2019

Here are some guides that I am going through about working with shadow:

https://www.eliyah.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/IYP_Week1_The-Shadow.pdf

https://www.eliyah.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/IYP_Week4_ShadowsInPersonalRelationships.pdf

One part says "Denial of your shadow is the cause of suffering."

Thought others might find this useful.

RE: Working with your Shadow - Nau7ik - 01-19-2019

This thread is very relevant to what’s been on my mind for the past month or so. Working with the Shadow, rather than the shadow being in control or denying the shadow. The catalyst for these contemplations have been a video game Persona 5. The premise of the story is that we are group of friends who go around “stealing hearts” from wicked and corrupt adults. Distorted desires are the nucleus of the Shadow in Persona 5. To accomplish this “change of heart”, we go into their cognitive world and steal their “treasure” which is the nucleus of the distorted desires. It’s the seed which catalyze them on the left hand path. After the treasure is stolen, the individual has a change of heart. The shadow is integrated into the personality rather than dominating the individual. If the shadow is destroyed, the individual suffers a mental shutdown in reality. The shadow is a part of our beingness. We all have one and we can’t live without it.

To those who understand something about metaphysics and polarity, this is clearly wrong because one has the god-given right to choose his polarity. That’s not to say what the criminals are doing is not wrong, it most certainly is. But the thing is that the STS individual is successfully polarizing on his path. Everyone else around him passively or actively accepts his tyranny. He therefore has a right to do what he is doing. We always want to put the blame on the negative polarity but we need to recognize just how responsible WE are. Negatives alone cannot control mankind or reality. Of necessity they need an “other” to dominate and control. Unfortunate a lot of people will make excuses for their enslavement. Because they also want to benefit from his corruption.
The hero of the story inspires those around him to reclaim their hearts and to be themselves, rather than accept the fate that’s given to them.

A major point in this game is that one can change his fate. It’s funny because there is a confidant in the game in the form of a fortune teller. She has the gift of prediction. Anyway, I’m at her booth and she’s giving a reading to a man who is trying to decide if he should marry his long time sweetheart or marry into a business deal for advancement in the world. She told the man that he will face ruin and poverty if he doesn’t take the business deal. She said his fate had been revealed and that it couldn’t be changed. UNTIL my character asked him what is that he truly wants. He spoke his heart and everything became clear to him. He made his choice that he would marry his sweetheart. The fortune teller was mad at me but then she re did the reading and his fate had completely changed. Instead of ruin his future would be quite happy and prosperous.

Anyway, to sum it, the integration of our shadow is a necessary part of spiritual development. In my opinion, a safe way to work with the shadow is in meditation. There we can begin to recognize this shadow and turn it towards service to the light.

RE: Working with your Shadow - OpalE - 01-23-2019

(01-19-2019, 10:05 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: The catalyst for these contemplations have been a video game Persona 5.

P5 had, hands down, the most enjoyable background music i've ever had the pleasure of sitting through while playing a video game.  Racked up over twice my play time leaving the MC in his apt. above the diner, doing RL housework with the volume cranked.

I've always been rather impressed with the sheer volume of metaphysical exploration that takes place in Japanese manga, anime, and games.  This game was a shining example.

Maybe it's a side effect of basic meditation techniques being included as part of basic education? (assuming they're still doing that)

RE: Working with your Shadow - Nau7ik - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 04:46 AM)OpalE Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 10:05 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: The catalyst for these contemplations have been a video game Persona 5.

P5 had, hands down, the most enjoyable background music i've ever had the pleasure of sitting through while playing a video game.  Racked up over twice my play time leaving the MC in his apt. above the diner, doing RL housework with the volume cranked.

I've always been rather impressed with the sheer volume of metaphysical exploration that takes place in Japanese manga, anime, and games.  This game was a shining example.

Maybe it's a side effect of basic meditation techniques being included as part of basic education? (assuming they're still doing that)

I was just thinking the same thing last night! About the difference between Western video games and Japanese. I’m impressed with the depth of metaphysics and philosophy as well with so many of these JRPGs. I love the soundtrack! It’s one of the best. I also have about 15 hours of extra playtime just with the game paused while I’m doing other things lol. I even want to replay this game when I’m finished because I didn’t get a chance to complete all of my confidant rankings, and each confidant is a storyline about how they awaken their hearts and transform themselves. It’s beautiful to behold. Some of the choices that we have to make in the game truly affect the outcome of the story. It’s not shallow either like some of the Western video games. For example, we have the option of naming our accomplices or refusing to name any names during the interrogation. You are rewarded for sticking to your principles. That’s a major aspect of the story, the intention of service to others or service to self.