Bring4th
You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? (/showthread.php?tid=16854)

You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - Cyan - 01-21-2019

Okay, so as the title said. You're a poor person, you're out collecting bottles and you spot a wallet on the ground, you pass it by at first to go through all the trashcans and collect bottles then you return a moment later and its still there, you cautiously pick it up and inside is 15 euros cash and credit cards, drivers lisence, social security cards and close contact information, what do you do?

Edit: title wrongly said wallet is empty.

RE: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - Glow - 01-21-2019

I answered don’t take money, but having just woke up a bit more realize thankfully I do not know in this life what it is like to be that in need. So I really cannot say with authority.

I may assume from my warm comfy chair with full belly I would return the wallet with cash still intact but to be in that situation is to be seeing things different so I retract my vote.

One really never knows till they are in a situation what they would really do.

RE: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - RitaJC - 01-21-2019

(01-21-2019, 08:58 AM)Glow Wrote: One really never knows till they are in a situation what they would really do.

Agree

RE: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - AnthroHeart - 01-21-2019

I read a story about a poor man who found a diamond ring that someone lost, and somehow found out who it came from, and returned it to them, and got a big reward from the owner.

When you're out on the street for awhile, your mind tends to go. I bought a McDonalds lunch for a poor lady who was homeless and brought her to the church I used to go to. I asked one of the other disciples in the church if we could study the bible with her, and they told me she probably wouldn't get it because she seemed a little off for some reason.

RE: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - Cyan - 01-30-2019

Oh wow, now I feel like a huge criminal. BigSmile

RE: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - ada - 01-30-2019

I wouldn't mind if someone were to take the paper bills but returned the wallet.

RE: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - Cyan - 01-30-2019

Thank you, I feel much better about my criminality now. BigSmile Besides, its easier than asking for a returners fee since you can just leave the wallet at a lost and found and call the owner.

RE: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - Infinite Unity - 01-30-2019

So I am going to take a wild guess and say, you took the paper money, and left the wallet at a lost and found and called, and told the owner where it was???

I think its funny, not wrong or judging you, that most humans feel relieved when someone is in agreement on something they did. However if you thought it was wrong, how could someone elses opinion alleviate that. Do you think that because they would have took the same path, that now it's ok?

When you were in the moment of taking the money, we're you aware that you thought it was wrong? What was it you wanted the money for? What did you buy with it? I believe youve had some thoughts towards this, and that its still bothering you. I mean you came and made a post about it on an forum. I also think you took your approach of returning the wallet through a 3rd party, because you were ashamed.

RE: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - Minyatur - 01-30-2019

(01-30-2019, 07:09 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: So I am going to take a wild guess and say, you took the paper money, and left the wallet at a lost and found and called, and told the owner where it was???

I think its funny, not wrong or judging you, that most humans feel relieved when someone is in agreement on something they did. However if you thought it was wrong, how could someone elses opinion alleviate that. Do you think that because they would have took the same path, that now it's ok?

When you were in the moment of taking the money, we're you aware that you thought it was wrong? What was it you wanted the money for? What did you buy with it? I believe youve had some thoughts towards this, and that its still bothering you. I mean you came and made a post about it on an forum. I also think you took your approach of returning the wallet through a 3rd party, because you were ashamed.

I heard of someone taking the money, returning the wallet and receiving a reward.

I've taken the money, returned the wallet and received a reward. THAT BEING SAID, that was too much in my opinion.

RE: You find a wallet* in a busy metro station, what do you do? - Infinite Unity - 01-30-2019

I am not saying anything is wrong or right. Just one observing one. Similiar type thoughts through my own experience. I think life is full of colors, and experiences, and there is no static law book.

The person that voted "take the money, attempt to use cards, ditch wallet." Your ratchet as hell! haha!