Bring4th
Contemplative meditations - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Contemplative meditations (/showthread.php?tid=16906)

Contemplative meditations - Nau7ik - 02-07-2019

Hello,

I’ve been experimenting with a different form of meditation to that of the silent type, which I like to call a contemplative meditation. I was inspired a few weeks ago to go to the park and meditate on a particular sacred book. I was pleasantly surprised to find that reading while meditative is different than normal reading. The passages are more profound and deep.

I again tried the contemplative meditation with the Book of Tokens and it was as if I was reading something entirely new! I’ve read the meditation on Aleph a few times already, but when I read it in the meditative state it’s like I was seeing it anew.

The contemplative meditation focuses the mind on whatever is being contemplated. Stray thoughts may come up, but I found it very easy to simply not cling and they disappear as quickly as they came.

I’ve heard that meditating on certain concepts or teachings will put one in tune with others who have also contemplated these things. We can open ourselves to a storehouse of inspiration and ideas. I didn’t realize how this was suppose to work until now. It is a popular and safe method of the Qabalah (as opposed to the practical Qabalah), to meditate on the paths or sephiroth or any symbol really.

I just started utilizing the contemplative meditation. My meditational practice for the past few years has been the silent type with disciplines of the personality and minor ritual (Calyx, Qabalistic Cross). I was looking for something new and inspiration hit! (I would also recommend trying to keep yourself open to inspiration. The universe hears us and answers us in mysterious ways.)

So if you’re looking to do something new with your spiritual practice I highly recommend the contemplative meditation! Contemplate something that inspires, resonates, or calls to you personally.

RE: Contemplative meditations - RitaJC - 02-08-2019

Good for you @Nau7ik!

I, personally, believe, there is not much benefit from reading (or doing anything for that matter) being in any other than the meditative state. Or can you name any perhaps?

RE: Contemplative meditations - Nau7ik - 02-08-2019

(02-08-2019, 04:52 AM)RitaJC Wrote: Good for you @Nau7ik!

I, personally, believe, there is not much benefit from reading (or doing anything for that matter) being in any other than the meditative state. Or can you name any perhaps?

I get what you’re saying. I am reminded of the magical personality; the state of being in which our highest and best selves are invoked for a limited duration. If I’m not mistaken (I could be), the magical personality is invoked almost automatically / unconsciously with a meditative practice. If one has an established spiritual practice, then one’s ritual movements will alert the deep mind. For example, the donning of a robe or a ring, or any regularly performed actions.

Quote:75.36 ▶ Questioner: How does the use of the magical ritual of invoking the magical personality aid the mind/body/spirit complex totality? Could you expand on the answer you gave in the last session with respect to that?

Ra: I am Ra. When the magical personality is properly and efficaciously invoked the self has invoked its Higher Self. Thus a bridge betwixt space/time and time/space is made and the sixth-density magical personality experiences directly the third-density catalyst for the duration of the working. It is most central to deliberately take off the magical personality after the working in order that the Higher Self resume its appropriate configuration as analog to the space/time mind/body/spirit.

Quote:75.38 ▶ Questioner: Now the invocation of the magical personality is not necessarily effective for the neophyte. Is there a point at which there is a definite quantum change and that personality does then reside, or can it be done in small degrees or percentages of magical personality as the neophyte becomes more adept?

Ra: I am Ra. The latter is correct