Bring4th
Wasting Time? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Wasting Time? (/showthread.php?tid=16934)

Wasting Time? - isis - 02-15-2019

Is it possible to waste time?

RE: Wasting Time? - Louisabell - 02-15-2019

(02-15-2019, 08:58 PM)isis Wrote: Is it possible to waste time?

Good question. I'm stuck on it. You can see it from so many different levels that all answers seem valid, yes, no and nobody knows.  Smile

RE: Wasting Time? - AnthroHeart - 02-15-2019

The Eagles would think so.

RE: Wasting Time? - Minyatur - 02-15-2019

It's relative.

RE: Wasting Time? - Foha - 02-16-2019

Wasting time in what context?

While I don't think it's easy to waste my own time, I think it's easy to waste the time of others'.

RE: Wasting Time? - RitaJC - 02-16-2019

What is time but an illusion? How can "it" be wasted?

RE: Wasting Time? - EvolvingPhoenix - 02-16-2019

Maybe time is an illusion, but an incarnation onlh lasts so long.

RE: Wasting Time? - MangusKhan - 02-16-2019

Anything is possible, but nothing is wasted. Really gets the neurons firing...

RE: Wasting Time? - Tae - 02-17-2019

Is it time being wasted or your incarnation being wasted? If everything is for the purpose of experiencing everything, then nothing is wasted because everything is experienced. One may feel like they have not done as much as they would like or that time has snatched something away too soon–but is that wasted or simply regret because one imagines the possibilities and the grass remains greener in the imagination. Say that a tragic accident steals away a child, was it a waste to have that child? Of course not. Not everything is end goal.

Everything is distorted by the perspective of our own individuality. I have spent hours and hours sitting quietly, not speaking, not thinking, just breathing. For some that would be an enormous waste to spend conscious waking hours idly sitting. Someone else may be passionate about a physical activity, say cycling, and spend 10-12 hours training for a long distance marathon and to them of course that time is not wasted, it's training! I would personally feel like I wasted time cycling for 10 hours instead of taking a faster mode of transport because my passion is not training my body for long distance racing. Nowhere on my bucket list is "Tour De France." Nah, I have "Talk To Aliens" on my list, which could certainly be a waste of time to many people. "You don't even know if aliens exist!" they don't say while pounding away on their indoor cycle, because they didn't even think to talk to me because that would be wasting time.

If you feel like you've wasted some of your time, don't mull on it. Simply take one action immediately that will get you closer to one of your goals. Fill that longing with doing. You aren't dead yet, so don't waste away in it. If you feel like someone's wasting your time, activate that yellow ray and say, "No thanks." If you feel like you wasted it, well, you can't go back so you might as well do the best you can with what you have left, and you might as well not waste any more of it moping.

RE: Wasting Time? - RitaJC - 02-17-2019

(02-16-2019, 03:35 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: Maybe time is an illusion, but an incarnation onlh lasts so long.

Really?

RE: Wasting Time? - anagogy - 02-24-2019

(02-15-2019, 08:58 PM)isis Wrote: Is it possible to waste time?

No but it is possible to get wasted in time. :|

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Wasting Time? - isis - 03-10-2019

(02-16-2019, 03:35 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: Maybe time is an illusion, but an incarnation onlh lasts so long.

I know what you mean, EP. I voted yes.

RE: Wasting Time? - Asolsutsesvyl - 09-09-2020

I wrote a little short story on the subject a year ago...

https://en.illogicopedia.org/wiki/The_Time-Losing_Protagonist

"Old thinking ran through the mind of the time-losing protagonist.

The thinking was older than expected. It had been sent forward in time, so as to be older than would otherwise have been possible.

Time was being lost thinking about the old thinking. In this way, the protagonist became a time-losing protagonist. [...]"