Bring4th
Baby dies from circumcision in Italy - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Baby dies from circumcision in Italy (/showthread.php?tid=17062)

Baby dies from circumcision in Italy - Cyan - 03-25-2019

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/italian-baby-dies-after-being-circumcised-by-parents-at-home-1.4349600

Fatality in the practice, this wont change peoples opinion of the good idea of the practice but thought I'd still share this to remind everyone that genital mutilation of babies for cosmetic reasons kills.

RE: Baby dies from circumcision in Italy - Diana - 03-25-2019

People may do infant male circumcision for cosmetic reasons, or because they think it's for health reasons (what a paradox), but this barbaric custom is yet another violence that derives from religion. 

When done by doctors (or rabbis) the trauma and pain are still there. Little baby + super tender nerves + cut skin + most sensitive part of body + just out of womb and one of the first things the baby experiences in this world = insanity to me. 

This custom goes back to the old testament (female circumcision in Saudi Arabia and Africa is another story) and you would think by now people would have woken up to the horror. 

Circumcision—both male and female—should go the way of foot binding in China, which finally died out in the early part of the 20th century. There may be some Chinese women still alive today with mutilated feet.

RE: Baby dies from circumcision in Italy - Cyan - 03-25-2019

I understand adults wanting to do it, it being a choice to alter your outward appearance, we have many cosmetic surgeries already. But doing it to a child is absolutely reprehensible, I wont even go into the idea of trying to hold a community together by having a shared religious practice of that nature.

I had a discussion about this with a black friend of mine at the homeless shelter where I live and I said and stand by what I said, this whole thing, to me, seems like racism, its rare for me to say that's the cause but there it is. Its the dangerous "outsiders" doing FGM while its the good "insiders" doingthe MGM so MGM is good and FGM is bad, they are both exactly as harmful and bad. I pray we get over this one quick.

RE: Baby dies from circumcision in Italy - ZW929 - 03-25-2019

When you really think about it it, you realize how horrible circumcision actually is. The idea is actually pretty deviant.

Not a great “welcome” into in an incarnation.

It’s surprising it’s so widely accepted actually.

Last time we had this discussion here it ended with a roughly 50-50 split in favor and against, so I'm surprised no pro comments yet, maybe too inflamatory.

That being said, appreciate the support and I know the cause needs it, this is one ofthose things that matters more than the 20 cents thing, unless its 20cm.. Ha Ha Ha. Bad joke, my apologies.

But really, I would rather take a 20% paycut than accept that happening to my child, but thats just me.

There are truly many heinous things and plentiful catalyst on this world.

Resource: https://circumcision.org/circumcision-permanently-alters-the-brain/

Permanent brain damage according to MRI, makes sense.

RE: Baby dies from circumcision in Italy - Louisabell - 03-25-2019

I learnt about this issue when I listened to an interview with an affected man. They took too much skin and now he experiences tremendous pain every time he has an erection. Pretty much made it impossible to have sex. Incredibly, even with being an adult, he still hadn't told his parents what their choice did to him. I felt a lot of sympathy for him. He appeared to live in a society who cared little about his plight, and just wanted to turn a blind eye. I hope more people come to realise the dangers associated with this practise.

Just putting it out there about FGM, there are many different types/ degrees of severity. Some are similar to circumcision, while others are extremely horrific, leading to a very high mortality rate (if not immediately after then from infection or in childbirth). So it's hard to compare the two.

Perhaps if we say that the small removal in FGM is the same as a normal MGM and the infections that take the entire genitalia with them are the hard FGM or the side efects of MGM, i know its a hard comparison but from where I stand its roughly the same, mutilating the reproductive organs for, well, cosmetic reasons.

RE: Baby dies from circumcision in Italy - xise - 03-25-2019

I find people seldom question mainstream norms.

Mutilation of infant genitals is a horrible thing. You can always leave it up the child to decide when they become of age as a teenager rather than chopping it off as soon as they are born.

Quote:83.12  Questioner: Then you say that there are no cases where those who are service-to-others oriented are using in any way techniques of enslavement that have grown as a result of the evolution of our social structures? Is this what you mean?

Ra: I am Ra. It was our understanding that your query concerned conditions before the veiling. There was no unconscious slavery, as you call this condition, at that period. At the present space/time the condition of well-meant and unintentional slavery are so numerous that it beggars our ability to enumerate them.

That was in the 80s. I think most definitely it's even more present with mandatory requirement laws, lessened privacy/mass spying, and decreased ability to express free speech (as well as a slew of other things).

Quote:Definition of beggar (Entry 2 of 2)
[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]transitive verb
1[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]to reduce to poverty or the practice of asking for charity to reduce to beggary

2to exceed the resources or abilities of DEFY beggars descriptionso outrageous as to beggar belief
[/font][/font]

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/beggar