Bring4th
what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? (/showthread.php?tid=17098)

what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - schubert - 04-08-2019

what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? im gonna go crazyy!!!

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - RitaJC - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 04:53 AM)schubert Wrote: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? im gonna go crazyy!!!

I earn most of my living as a translator

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - EvolvingPhoenix - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 04:53 AM)schubert Wrote: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? im gonna go crazyy!!!

Tell me, why are you gonna go crazy? And why does what you do for a living change it? Are you working at a job you don't like?

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - schubert - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 05:25 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: Tell me, why are you gonna go crazy? And why does what you do for a living change it? Are you working at a job you don't like?

cus i dont wana do mundane things it sux !!!!!! i will lose my mind !! im working on something that can make me a living thats not so bad but its a lot of work to get it started and i dont care about it at all on a deeper level so its hard to be motivated. i was goin a little crazy yesterday but im feeling better today! Shy

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - EvolvingPhoenix - 04-08-2019

Well, I dunno what satisfies you to do on a day to day basis. It took me a decade to figure out what I wanted to do! I'll tell you this "Not so bad" beats "sucks ass" so you might wanna just go with whatever you're working on at least for the time being, and you can work on figuring out what else you wanna do while you make money off of that. Better than taking some suck-ass job you hate. I went that route. Don't end up like that. But what things DO you like doing?

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - schubert - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 09:28 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: Well, I dunno what satisfies you to do on a day to day basis. It took me a decade to figure out what I wanted to do! I'll tell you this "Not so bad" beats "sucks ass" so you might wanna just go with whatever you're working on at least for the time being, and you can work on figuring out what else you wanna do while you make money off of that. Better than taking some suck-ass job you hate. I went that route. Don't end up like that. But what things DO you like doing?

thats good advice, thanks. my plan is to have this not so bad way of making money and then work on other things from there, not sure what i really want to do

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - kanonathena - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 10:06 PM)schubert Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 09:28 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: Well, I dunno what satisfies you to do on a day to day basis. It took me a decade to figure out what I wanted to do! I'll tell you this "Not so bad" beats "sucks ass" so you might wanna just go with whatever you're working on at least for the time being, and you can work on figuring out what else you wanna do while you make money off of that. Better than taking some suck-ass job you hate. I went that route. Don't end up like that. But what things DO you like doing?

thats good advice, thanks. my plan is to have this not so bad way of making money and then work on other things from there, not sure what i really want to do

That's sort of where I am at the moment.

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Patrick - 04-09-2019

Through experience, I learned that it's not really what I do, but how I perceive it, that makes what I do enjoyable.  Also nowadays it's more about my work environment and people than my work per se, that makes it enjoyable.

So as difficult as it may be to do, if you find a way to change your perspective enough, it might just fix your issues all by itself.

Changing our perspective is easier said than done, but it begins with the intent to do so...

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Diana - 04-10-2019

I agree with Patrick. But I will add that what helps is to have a creative pursuit. Creating art of some kind, playing the guitar, writing, hiking and photographing nature—anything that brings you into the present and makes you feel good. This will mitigate the focus on a less-than-ideal job. It will make it easier to be of service in that less-than-ideal job because you aren't jammed into the box of just working, you are also creating something in your life. 

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - EvolvingPhoenix - 04-10-2019

Here's a good video to watch. It's about developing a craftsman mindset instead of a passion mindset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwOdU02SE0w

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Cyan - 04-10-2019

I get my money from social welfare and write books and slowly studying to get 3 good degrees so I can get a good job, it takes a while but its calm work for the most part, I tend to take months off if I feel I'm losing my marbles, something I didnt do last time before the finals and completely bombed them and probably lost a few years worth of studying, when writing a final essay on politics its good to remember that 9.11 truth is a fringe and not majority, you know, incase soemone else makes the same mistake, I got a F-- for one of my grades. Talk about needing a break.

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - AnthroHeart - 04-10-2019

I failed Politics with an F once, and then passed it with a D I think. It was my worst subject.
I even fell asleep during an exam once, because it was so boring.

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Cyan - 04-10-2019

I like it so much I tend to argue with my teachers. Which is not a good thing if you are arguing that the 911 was an inside job on your final exam.

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - RitaJC - 04-11-2019

(04-09-2019, 03:45 PM)Patrick Wrote:  
Through experience, I learned that it's not really what I do, but how I perceive it, that makes what I do enjoyable.  Also nowadays it's more about my work environment and people than my work per se, that makes it enjoyable.

So as difficult as it may be to do, if you find a way to change your perspective enough, it might just fix your issues all by itself.

Changing our perspective is easier said than done, but it begins with the intent to do so...

I agree. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING can be done with love, joy, and peace of mind. But if love, joy, and peace of mind isn't the state you are in no change of outer activity will change that by itself.

What changed the perspective for me was starting to remember that by doing what I do, even by sweeping the floor or doing dishes, f.i., and doing it with love, joy, and peace of mind, I am of the best service I can be to the "other", to myself, and the One Infinite Creator. And every time I chose to do so it gets easier and more natural to be in that state.

Isn't that our one true desire behind all others?

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Infinite Unity - 04-11-2019

I work at a supply company, and mostly drive a dump truck. I enjoy meeting all the people, and driving down the road puts me into a meditative state. Plus driving all over places I did not know existed is awesome as well.

I am cultivating a decent sized garden with my wife, and kids, and its finally starting to come along.

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Patrick - 04-11-2019

Just realized that I did not say what I was doing for a living.  I work for a multinational company in the primary manufacturing sector as a computer programmer, data engineer and business intelligence.  It was not always the case, but nowadays I love what I do and it loves me back in return it would seem.

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - schubert - 04-12-2019

i agree that being able to change ur perception/attitude is very valuable but sometimes i think its good if ur upset with a current situation cause that can drive you to make positive change. i may be stretching what ur saying here but for example if i had a super mundane factory job im not going to try and convince myself that everythings fine and i just need to be more zen, u know what i mean? if i know theres positions i could be in where i could be truer to myself and have a more positive impact (or at least i think i could) then im going to struggle to be happy with a different position.

(04-10-2019, 12:33 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: I failed Politics with an F once, and then passed it with a D I think. It was my worst subject.
I even fell asleep during an exam once, because it was so boring.

xDDD i too found school very boring

(04-10-2019, 12:47 PM)Cyan Wrote: I like it so much I tend to argue with my teachers. Which is not a good thing if you are arguing that the 911 was an inside job on your final exam.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Patrick - 04-12-2019

(04-12-2019, 12:06 AM)schubert Wrote:

i agree that being able to change ur perception/attitude is very valuable but sometimes i think its good if ur upset with a current situation cause that can drive you to make positive change. i may be stretching what ur saying here but for example if i had a super mundane factory job im not going to try and convince myself that everythings fine and i just need to be more zen, u know what i mean? if i know theres positions i could be in where i could be truer to myself and have a more positive impact (or at least i think i could) then im going to struggle to be happy with a different position.

The further away you are from what you're supposed to be doing, the harder it will be to reach a perspective where you find it enjoyable.  Still, I believe it's doable to change your perspective enough even in extreme cases.  Doable but probably not realistic, if you are doing something very far from what you came here to do.

It's one of the mechanisms we have to know if we are doing what we incarnated to do.  Everything just flows, is easy and enjoyable when you're doing what you're supposed to be doing.

Still I believe that, even if you're working in a factory instead of being a medical doctor, if you can change your perspective enough, you're actually reprogramming your incarnation.  Thus working in a factory becomes normal and enjoyable and not being a medical doctor is not bothering you so much anymore.

I will admit that this sort of work on the self is seriously not easy to accomplish.  It's much easier to change how you earn your living than adapt to something you do not like doing.

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - flofrog - 04-12-2019

I have done one , perhaps two, jobs that were not enjoyable from the outside but the people With whom I was working made them both completely different to what might have been seen from the outside.

(04-12-2019, 02:51 PM)Patrick Wrote: The further away you are from what you're supposed to be doing, the harder it will be to reach a perspective where you find it enjoyable.  Still, I believe it's doable to change your perspective enough even in extreme cases.  Doable but probably not realistic, if you are doing something very far from what you came here to do.

It's one of the mechanisms we have to know if we are doing what we incarnated to do.  Everything just flows, is easy and enjoyable when you're doing what you're supposed to be doing.

Still I believe that, even if you're working in a factory instead of being a medical doctor, if you can change your perspective enough, you're actually reprogramming your incarnation.  Thus working in a factory becomes normal and enjoyable and not being a medical doctor is not bothering you so much anymore.

I will admit that this sort of work on the self is seriously not easy to accomplish.  It's much easier to change how you earn your living than adapt to something you do not like doing.

agreed on all points!!

(04-12-2019, 04:03 PM)flofrog Wrote: I have done one , perhaps two, jobs that were not enjoyable from the outside but the people With whom I was working made them both completely different to what might have been seen from the outside.

ive also done work that by itself was fairly dry but the people i was with made it not bad and fun at times!

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - einmal - 04-12-2019

(04-12-2019, 08:23 PM)schubert Wrote: ive also done work that by itself was fairly dry but the people i was with made it not bad and fun at times!

This is a great start. But remember that you are those people. And those you enjoyed previously. Even alone and/or in the lack of great company, you are always able to tap into the endless stream of joy we all share.

It sounds like you are unhappy with your work. Sometimes being around the wrong people can ruin an otherwise easy-to-like experience.

This is called catalyst. It is what you can use to polarize more effectively. I highly encourage meditation, especially during trying times such as these. If you wake up dreading work, sometimes a simple red-ray meditation can help re-adjust the day if you've woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

... speaking of meditation, I need to do more of it ...

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - kristina - 05-08-2019

I train horses

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - EvolvingPhoenix - 05-31-2019

Hey Schubert, I just took this online interest profiler quiz today and the results lined up pretty well with my interests and even my current plans. I definitely recommend you check it out and see the results: https://www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Glow - 05-31-2019

(04-12-2019, 02:51 PM)Patrick Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 12:06 AM)schubert Wrote:

The further away you are from what you're supposed to be doing, the harder it will be to reach a perspective where you find it enjoyable.  Still, I believe it's doable to change your perspective enough even in extreme cases.  Doable but probably not realistic, if you are doing something very far from what you came here to do.

I don’t know. I know with certainty I am doing what I am supposed to do but I really really do not enjoy it. I enjoy moments where the soul accomplishes successful service to the beings I am on this path for.

I pray every day most of the day to get through it but I know it’s service that is needed not by my actual job performed but by being a wanderer in the culture/industry I’m in. It is an energetic echo chamber and they need some people placed in uncomfortable places to stop the echo and introduce different energy.

. It was near impossible to stay positive and in this industry before I started invoking my soul as drive during the work hours. 90% attrition rate within 5 years and almost every other person doing my job an addict to get through. I’ve been at it 11 years and no substance issue but my soul has to get me through pretty much every day. Smile

So sometimes it kind of isn’t where you wanna be but you know it’s why you came, and perhaps that is what makes it tolerable.

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - Kalle - 06-09-2019

I work on motorbikes. I find it somewhat therapeutic, partly due to a fairly laid back atmosphere and that I try hard not get stressed over the small stuff. I find many opportunities to be of service to others, though trying to get myself to rise up to that service can be a challenge, my experience is often not valued and I find it difficult to conversate with others, find myself coming off as awkward.

I'm looking to change my living situation, to be closer to a dear friend, so I expect I'll find myself doing something else soon enough.

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - JJCarsonian - 06-09-2019

right now, I dont do anything for a living Wink

RE: what do u guys do for a living so ur not miserable? - flofrog - 06-10-2019

(06-09-2019, 09:21 PM)JJCarsonian Wrote: right now, I dont do anything for a living Wink

lol, JJ, you might be the wisest of us all !!! BigSmile