Bring4th
Attracting with a Still Mind - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Attracting with a Still Mind (/showthread.php?tid=17139)

Attracting with a Still Mind - AnthroHeart - 04-21-2019

If through meditation you achieve a still and quiet mind most of the time, what will you attract?
Is it necessary to focus on things in order to attract them?

Or does Law of Attraction know what to attract if your mind isn't focused on anything at all?

RE: Attracting with a Still Mind - Cainite - 04-21-2019

(04-21-2019, 10:55 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: If through meditation you achieve a still and quiet mind most of the time, what will you attract?

Plenty of things. in my case I can say that movement has reduced. I no longer feel like I have to be somewhere else. or have more things.

Quote:Is it necessary to focus on things in order to attract them?

Or does Law of Attraction know what to attract if your mind isn't focused on anything at all?
I never liked ''the law of attraction'' since some charlatans and false gurus use it a lot in their teachings.
Anyways, the answer would be :
Yes and no.
You know, once you give up a desire it may chase you.
Many dreams can come true.. if we put enough of ourselves (our attention) on it.. in the right way though.. imagine if I wanted to become a good writer or composer, I have to let go of that desire or it could become a heavy concern that would prevent me from relaxing everyday and enjoying my work.. or taking breaks.. without these things the quality of my work would lessen and I'd move away from the goal.

You know in a difficult game for example, like DS3, when my health gets low and I give up on winning and accept failure, that's when I actually do very good and succeed.

there will be challenges and limitations but one can remain ''focused'' and patiently continue.

RE: Attracting with a Still Mind - loostudent - 04-22-2019

(04-21-2019, 10:55 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: If through meditation you achieve a still and quiet mind most of the time, what will you attract?

I guess you attract peace and clarity. Ra said it's "a base from which to listen to the Creator."

I think yes. You receive service in proportion to the desire and you can give where it is desired. This focus is a strength but it can also be a weakness - when you are in dead end and blind for other possibilities. This needs to be balanced with open-mindness, freshness, courage to try something new, different ...

Quote:Or does Law of Attraction know what to attract if your mind isn't focused on anything at all?

Our mind is focused also when we're not aware. There are built in values and beliefs ("distortions") in the subconscious.

RE: Attracting with a Still Mind - loostudent - 04-22-2019

From the book I'm reading:

Quote:What if it was the case that the world revealed whatever goodness it contains in precise proportion to your desire for the best? What if the more your conception of the best has been elevated, expanded and rendered sophisticated the more possibility and benefit you could perceive? This doesn’t mean that you can have what you want merely by wishing it, or that everything is interpretation, or that there is no reality. The world is still there, with its structures and limits. As you move along with it, it cooperates or objects. But you can dance with it, if your aim is to dance—and maybe you can even lead, if you have enough skill and enough grace. This is not theology. It’s not mysticism. It’s empirical knowledge. There is nothing magical here—or nothing more than the already-present magic of consciousness. We only see what we aim at. The rest of the world (and that’s most of it) is hidden. If we start aiming at something different—something like “I want  my life to be better”—our minds will start presenting us with new information, derived from the previously hidden world, to aid us in that pursuit. Then we can put that information to use and move, and act, and observe, and improve. And, after doing so, after improving, we might pursue something different, or higher—something like, “I want whatever might be better than just my life being better.” And then we enter a more elevated and more complete reality.

(Jordan B. Peterson)

RE: Attracting with a Still Mind - kristina - 04-23-2019

Is it necessary to focus on things in order to attract them?

Those of Ra do speak of a type of meditation where you can focus upon an object to assist with focus. I think that we naturally attract our real desires; like that old saying watch what you wish for. Which may be unconscious to some (unconscious desires). If you are trying to attract a certain entity to you, you could learn to channel.

RE: Attracting with a Still Mind - Merrick - 04-23-2019

A still mind reflects what is clearly. When you see what is clearly, how much desire do you have? I’d argue significantly less than what we desire when we’re seeing through distorted lenses.

RE: Attracting with a Still Mind - Ixchel - 05-01-2019

(04-22-2019, 10:12 AM)loostudent Wrote:

I guess you attract peace and clarity. Ra said it's "a base from which to listen to the Creator."

I think yes. You receive service in proportion to the desire and you can give where it is desired. This focus is a strength but it can also be a weakness - when you are in dead end and blind for other possibilities. This needs to be balanced with open-mindness, freshness, courage to try something new, different ...

Quote:Or does Law of Attraction know what to attract if your mind isn't focused on anything at all?

Our mind is focused also when we're not aware. There are built in values and beliefs ("distortions") in the subconscious.

And that's why we have to purify ourselves from the lower aspects, desires and inclinations. To be able to fully control. Understand that they show up in the mind for the purposes of being seen and sorted. But, the evil will attack as we're getting closer. To what, being cocreator with source in oneness, which is their nightmare. Tried tested and used. I was born with the still mind. I thought everyone were for a very long time.