Bring4th
On the rights of children, and the voting process - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: On the rights of children, and the voting process (/showthread.php?tid=17203)

On the rights of children, and the voting process - Cyan - 05-09-2019

Okay so now that we've gotten a cursory scan and the data from it about the feminism topic and how the community behaves with regard to that topic I'm curious about a next topic, the right of children to vote and participate in the election process and I have a perfect poll in mind for this.

So in short, I'm of the opinion the age to vote, buy alcohol, be tried as an adult, participate in education, be able to give consent, drive a car, etc should all be at one age and that age should be as low as we can comfortably push it, so someone who is required to participate in education is also allowed to vote on how that education is organized.

Here is a good short clip from a show about it:

In short, what do you think of the proposal and the idea that people should be allowed to vote as young as possible

RE: On the rights of children, and the voting process - AnthroHeart - 05-09-2019

I think the age of consent should be 17 or 18, and every other age should be 13, except buying alcohol. That should be 18 too.

RE: On the rights of children, and the voting process - Cyan - 05-09-2019

Almost half of countries that vary from 18 year voting age have lower and half have higher, here is map:

[Image: l_re6_5fe8b1622bdaf121fb8916d2976d23d1]

While the age of consent seems to stabilize around 15 in western world not including america while it tends to be "marriage required but can be done at 9" in arabic countries. Some food for thought with this map:

[Image: te3FQnP.png]

This if anything is a divisive topic, i hope we get a good convo going, last one was 2 pages long before it spiraled into its end and argument, lets see if we can beat that.

RE: On the rights of children, and the voting process - AnthroHeart - 05-10-2019

Yes, children should be able to vote with parent's permission in the US. As I said, about age 13 and up.

RE: On the rights of children, and the voting process - RitaJC - 05-10-2019

I don't believe in "democracy" in general. IMHO, it has always been just a facade for the real power games.

Changing this law or that law, the voting age etc. would not solve the real issues. The real solutions can be found only on the spiritual level.

RE: On the rights of children, and the voting process - Cyan - 05-11-2019

And i've always thought that you need to balance spiritual thoughts with physical actions and making our government is the best action to take instead of just being spiritual, its in my opinion, grounding.

RE: On the rights of children, and the voting process - Cyan - 05-17-2019

https://www.theonion.com/toddler-leaders-call-for-increased-duck-visibility-1819574296?utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=SF&utm_content=Main&fbclid=IwAR1oj9dU5jCwO7scDzvS-RV64XDhi-tMDuymF-J_-8i_68K33plKoM5W4qk

RE: On the rights of children, and the voting process - kristina - 05-17-2019

Governments are nothing more than an illusion. It's a huge part of this illusion. That's why people die for governments because they are immersed in the illusion.
This is a poll that seems very 3rd density (but can go no further than 3rd density for growth purposes) from my perspective. The animal voting poll is a little odd as well. Why not allow rocks to vote? They are also 2nd density or a butterfly? Is there a reason why children are not capable of voting perhaps a physiological one? And perhaps likewise for a 2nd density being.

RE: On the rights of children, and the voting process - Diana - 05-17-2019

I think a fully developed frontal lobe would be a better criterion for voting than chronological age.  Tongue