Bring4th
CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: CBD Oil for anxiety and more (/showthread.php?tid=17227)

Pages: 1 2

CBD Oil for anxiety and more - AnthroHeart - 05-15-2019

I have been using CBD oil sublingual and vape for about a week now. It has helped with my anxiety and gotten me off alcohol.
I found there are CBD isolates that have no THC in them.

Here are a couple of informative videos I found about making your own CBD vape oil cheaply.
I had spent quite a bit so far on commercial brands. This will save me some money in the future, and is certainly cheaper than drinking.

It also grounds me by activating the lower chakras and closing the upper chakras. It feels good to integrate with Earth. I can actually feel it working.

I haven't yet tried the pure CBD isolate. I've done full spectrum which contains more than just CBD. And less than 0.3% THC.

But I will order some CBD isolate and mix my own vape juice when what I have runs out.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - EvolvingPhoenix - 05-15-2019

Good for you man. I'm glad CBD oil is working out for you.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Merrick - 05-16-2019

I recommend staying away from isolates. They are not nearly as effective as full spectrum oil or just vaping hemp flower. You lose out on the entourage effect, which is the interaction between the different cannabinoids and terpenes. Any one cannabinoid in isolation is far less effective than multiple cannabinoids working synergistically.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - AnthroHeart - 05-16-2019

This is the one I ordered for vaping. You're not supposed to vape CBD oil, only the e-juice or e-liquid, sometimes called vape oil.

https://www.diamondcbd.com/products/liquid-gold-vape-additive-16ml

670mg in 16ml is very concentrated. You dilute this one with e-juice. Essentially vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol.

.jpg   liquid_gold.jpg (Size: 67.13 KB / Downloads: 1)

It looks like I won't be able to save money, because I can't find the solid hemp extract like the guy shows in the video.

But perhaps mixing this liquid will be easier than dissolving a solid.

Yeah, don’t vape oil. I recommend vaping the actual
Flower if that’s legal where you are. I found I got significantly better effects with flower vs any kind of oil or concentrate.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Jade - 05-16-2019

Someone once told me vaping CBD is actually the most efficacious, but I don't know. My experience is that my husband has been vaping CBD isolate for years - with some flower inbetween - but even just the CBD isolate alone can take his sciatica pain from like an 8 to a 2. I heard the "full spectrum" spiel once from someone who was really doing a hard sell on their own product, and again, my husband has had good, in fact phenomenal experience with the isolate. I think everyone reacts differently to different inputs - my mother in law has fibromyalgia, it has taken us many tries to get her something she likes - CBD tincture, flower, oil cartridges - after much trial and error, the thing that works best for her is a small dose of edibles (with thc) in the evening.

So, it's worth experimenting a bit. That's a pretty ringing endorsement that it has helped you not want to drink alcohol, Gem! Marijuana and hemp are magical plants. I think they are both important in healing our planet.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Glow - 05-16-2019

There is a stable seed strain out now called candida CD-1(bright light).
It is in the range of up to 20% CBD : low of 0.03 THC

Seeds from seedsman we’re viable, gyo not one was viable.
Just thought I would mention it in case growing is an option.

Ringo’s gift which has a similar cbd:thc ratio sells for $10,000 a cutting so I assume these seeds will become harder to get as pharmaceuticals companies get involved. A plan to avoid them becoming commercial available only is to grow a few and find the ones with the best ratio and keep it as a mother to gift cuttings from. So many people sick, suffering, broke, dying that these should be free for everyone.

Might be worth trying if you go through a lot.

Edited to say as to full spectrum I know a few people that face to much repressed catalyst when exposed to thc. Still they have issues the cbd can help.

For me certain strains with high thc are a huge antidote to lethargy, others don’t interact with me so well. It likely very much depends on the individual person and plant.

Regardless very happy it is helped IG and your husband Jade.
Gives me hope for people around here since it is now legal.

Full spectrum doesn’t have to mean high THC. Even the .3% THC that’s legal in hemp in the US can help activate the CB cannabinoids. Full spectrum also ensures you get the terpenes and the tertiary cannabinoids that get a lot less press.

The worst thing that could happen to marijuana/hemp is for the pharmaceutical industry to get involved.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - AnthroHeart - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 02:08 PM)Merrick Wrote: The worst thing that could happen to marijuana/hemp is for the pharmaceutical industry to get involved.

Don't they have monopoly laws against that? Like one company can't control all of something.

If they did I imagine prices for a bottle of CBD oil would go into thousands of dollars and they'd probably sue anyone trying to make it.

(05-16-2019, 02:08 PM)Merrick Wrote: Full spectrum doesn’t have to mean high THC. Even the .3% THC that’s legal in hemp in the US can help activate the CB cannabinoids. Full spectrum also ensures you get the terpenes and the tertiary cannabinoids that get a lot less press.

The worst thing that could happen to marijuana/hemp is for the pharmaceutical industry to get involved.

The ones I know that avoid thc are really excited to try one with only .03thc and hopeful.

I wonder if that would still test positive if road side tested. Not a simple straightforward thing. Like Gemini though I have two friends that drink heavily both because of physical pain and some emotional to boot, so a bit of thc .03% must be better than drinking every day by noon. ?

(05-16-2019, 02:13 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 02:08 PM)Merrick Wrote: The worst thing that could happen to marijuana/hemp is for the pharmaceutical industry to get involved.

Don't they have monopoly laws against that? Like one company can't control all of something.

If they did I imagine prices for a bottle of CBD oil would go into thousands of dollars and they'd probably sue anyone trying to make it.

I believe that would only be if 1 company had all the rights.

My concern is if supply is controlled by corporations then they can patent and trademark genetics making getting them or sharing them expensive to illegal.

I may be paranoid about that but Ringo's Gift should never have been limited to people who could afford $10,000 a pop so it shows greed is already out there.

Pharmaceuticals are primarily interested in synthetic marijuana, because they can patent that. I am sure they will do everything they can to get real marijuana criminalized again so they can control the supply and charge through the roof. Medicinal marijuana has been a major thorn in the side of pharmaceutical companies as many people are avoiding prescription medicine altogether in favor of a more natural solution.

Of course marijuana isn’t a cure all and has its own side effects but most people would rather deal with the more benign side effects of weed than the often very serious side effects of pharmaceutical drugs.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - AnthroHeart - 05-23-2019

I just got my JUUL pod today.
It's much stronger than the vape I had before, which produces little to no vapor.
The old one I had I could barely tell that I was inhaling anything at all at times.
It's probably because I don't know how to mix it well.
The pre-packaged ones are more expensive, but they are made to work well.

I have this pod now which is pretty strong: https://www.purecbdvapors.com/product/airbender-juul-compatible-200mg-hemp-pod-sweet-melon/

I just ordered this one which contains terpenes which is supposed to be more full spectrum: https://www.purecbdvapors.com/product/jgo-terpene-vape-pods-425mg-choose-flavor/

It has more than double the CBD, so I should be able to do little half-puffs and make it last twice as long.

I may get blanks later which will allow me to put my own concentrate in there.

It is quite relaxing. I sleep like 12-15 hours a day when I've vaped this at night.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Merrick - 05-24-2019

Filling empty pods would save me money but are too inconvenient for me. I have a Pax Era and the carts just work and last me a long time.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - schubert - 05-25-2019

something to be aware of is that vaping isnt quite as healthy as its chalked up to be. theres a process called winterization that removes the cutile wax that could potentially build up in your lungs and cause problems (would probably take a long time but still), so next time you purchase some i'd recommend getting a brand that does winterization. heres a good article about this https://alternatevape.com/winterizing-cbd-oil-important. and then theres some issues with PG and VG. check out this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28355118. an alternative is mct oil but theres controversy as to whether or not its safe.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Merrick - 05-25-2019

(05-25-2019, 05:49 AM)schubert Wrote: something to be aware of is that vaping isnt quite as healthy as its chalked up to be. theres a process called winterization that removes the cutile wax that could potentially build up in your lungs and cause problems (would probably take a long time but still), so next time you purchase some i'd recommend getting a brand that does winterization. heres a good article about this https://alternatevape.com/winterizing-cbd-oil-important. and then theres some issues with PG and VG. check out this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28355118. an alternative is mct oil but theres controversy as to whether or not its safe.

Vaping is definitely not a harmless activity, although certainly significantly less harmful than smoking. Its good to be aware of the risks and ways to mitigate them.

Stuff like that is why I mostly prefer to vape whole flower and only infrequently use concentrates.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - AnthroHeart - 05-25-2019

The Lazarus brand was highly recommended in a CBD Oil Users Group on Facebook that I'm a member of.

It is the best value I have found. As little as $50 for a 30mL bottle equivalent. Or $200 for 120mL.
That's at 6000mg strength, which is like 1500mg / 30mL.

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop/tinctures/cbd-high-potency

They have a memorial day sale using code INMEMORY

This one isn't for vaping. It's sublingual, under the tongue.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - AnthroHeart - 06-01-2019

I ordered an ounce of the Bast strain of hemp flower.
What vaporizer do you guys use for hemp flower?

Someone recommended the Pulsar APX vape.

I have a great vape for oils/concentrates. But may get one for dry herb if I like it.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Merrick - 06-02-2019

(06-01-2019, 11:00 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: I ordered an ounce of the Bast strain of hemp flower.
What vaporizer do you guys use for hemp flower?

Someone recommended the Pulsar APX vape.

I have a great vape for oils/concentrates. But may get one for dry herb if I like it.

For dry herb I’d recommend the Fury 2 by Healthy Rips. It’s inexpensive but with quality parts. It makes consistent vapor and is easy to use, and safe.

If you want a higher end one, the Mighty by Storz and Bickel is terrific. If you don’t mind a plug in vaporizer, the Plenty by Storz and Bickel will beat any portable vape you could buy.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Relax - 06-02-2019

I'm allergic to cannabis (THC)... but from reading this thread; wondering if CBD oil could help me & wanting to understand more about interactions with other medicines I found this (amongst numerous articles)

interesting info:

https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabidiol/cbd-p-450-enzyme/

(NB: it's a pro- CBD site - but has list of interactions, also other recommendations, info etc)

Quote:"Cannabidiol can inhibit the cytochrome P450 system’s ability to metabolize certain drugs, leading to an overall increase in processing times.

Interestingly, CBD oil is not alone in its effect on drug metabolism. Grapefruit, watercress, St. John’s Wort, and goldenseal all have a similar impact in terms of CYP450 inhibition.

When the CYP450 system is impacted in this way, it leads to higher levels of certain drugs in your system at one time. This can cause unwanted side effects, and sometimes, an overdose.

If you are taking a medication affected by cannabidiol, you should consult your doctor to make sure that it is safe for you to supplement your personal care routine with CBD oil. From there, the two of you may consider adjusting the dosage on your medications so that you can use both products safely.  
Drugs that Interact with Cannabidiol

Any drug metabolized by CYP450 enzymes could potentially interact with cannabidiol. According to the Indiana University Department of Medicine, drugs known to use the CYP450 system include:

Steroids
   HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
   Calcium channel blockers
   Antihistamines
   Prokinetics
   HIV antivirals
   Immune modulators
   Benzodiazepines
   Antiarrythmics
   Antibiotics
   Anesthetics
   Antipsychotics
   Antidepressants
   Anti-epileptics
   Beta blockers
   PPIs
   NSAIDs
   Angiotension II blockers
   Oral hypoglycemic agents
   Sulfonylureas

This list does not include all of the potential medications impacted by cannabidiol. Nor will every medication in the categories contained on this list will cause an interaction. For these reasons, you should consult with a medical professional before supplementing with CBD oil.

There are certain medications, known as “prodrugs,” that need to be metabolized to produce the therapeutic compound. In other words, you ingest an inactive compound and once in the body, it is processed into the active drug. If this processing is dependent on CYP3A4 (part of the larger CYP450 system), then inhibitors can result in too little active drug in the body for the desired therapeutic effect.

Codeine, for example, is a prodrug that is metabolized into morphine which provides the effect.

Vyvanse and Concerta are two other popular pharmaceutical medications for ADHD that fall into this category.

If you are worried that your CYP450 pathway may not be functioning properly, physicians can test the system to ensure that the medications you take are metabolizing as expected."

nb: if you scroll past this info there are other sections
- Combining Alcohol and CBD Oil
- Caffeine and CBD
- Addictive?
- How To Use CBD Oil

and the 'reply' section at the bottom has some potentially useful info too
for example:

Quote:"never take CBD with any blood thinning medication with out consulting your doctor first"

I hope this is helpful additional info - I'm not sure where I'm at with whether it could be right for me - but knowing the potential interactions it has (or other drugs can have with it) - looks to be important.

Depending on your usage of other medications/supplements/herbs - finding doctors who have good knowledge to advise either about a holistic usage/transfer plan/taper plan (from pharma drugs to - and/or in conjunction with cbd) would be sensible.

oooh... this is for Australia - https://cannabiscompany.com.au/blogs/news/cbd-use-benefits

oh... it's prescription only in Aus

https://cannabiscompany.com.au/blogs/news/how-to-access-cbd-medical-cannabis-in-australia

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - AnthroHeart - 06-02-2019

There are Facebook groups for CBD that I'm a member of.
If you had questions, you can ask there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbdoilusersgroup/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbdvapeoil/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbdhempflower/

Thanks Merrick for the recommendations on the vaporizers. I ordered the Fury 2 by Healthy Rips.
I didn't need anything more expensive. If it turns out I need something fancier, I will do that later.
The price was good for that one.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - AnthroHeart - 06-02-2019

CBD feels to me like unrefined love. It is just a sense of peace. Definitely helps with my anxiety.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Merrick - 06-02-2019

(06-02-2019, 06:47 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: There are Facebook groups for CBD that I'm a member of.
If you had questions, you can ask there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbdoilusersgroup/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbdvapeoil/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbdhempflower/

Thanks Merrick for the recommendations on the vaporizers. I ordered the Fury 2 by Healthy Rips.
I didn't need anything more expensive. If it turns out I need something fancier, I will do that later.
The price was good for that one.

Awesome! I think you made a good choice.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - AnthroHeart - 06-03-2019

I just got this flower in, Bast from Dr. Ganja. It smells strong.
Two small hits where I'm not coughing and I still feel it. So it doesn't take much.
I'm waiting for my vaporizer which I should get tomorrow.

[Image: Bast.jpg]

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Diana - 04-09-2021

For a recent rotator-cuff injury in the last year, I found that CBD cream was really helpful. Not the cheap sort one finds at a drugstore, which I did at first try and it didn't work and was awful, but this particular brand I got from a CBD store: cbdMD Premium Recovery 1500. 

Like any botanical, the effects are not drastic, rather, they are subtle. I found that when I used the cream, I would after a little while realize that the aching in my shoulder was reduced significantly and the sharp pains had lessened.

I did try some of the oil, but it didn't seem to help with my particular injury. The cream was great though.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - zedro - 04-09-2021

I use CBD oil topically on my joints after my punishing sports/hobbies, it's not a pain killer like Diana says, but rather reduces inflamation for some relief and faster healing. I'm guessing the cremes are meant to be absorbed more readily but selection is limited around here.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Ymarsakar - 04-10-2021

I use peppermint essential oil for tissue and nerve regeneration. Mostly on skin but the food grade qualities can be put into water and drunk like a potion.

I have worked on reducing inflammation for rototator issues. There are various approach ways. And also the damage i first assess on the back side or front first.

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Diana - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 10:06 AM)Ymarsakar Wrote: I use peppermint essential oil for tissue and nerve regeneration. Mostly on skin but the food grade qualities can be put into water and drunk like a potion.

I have worked on reducing inflammation for rototator issues. There are various approach ways. And also the damage i first assess on the back side or front first.

I wasn't aware that peppermint essential oil was good for that. Could you elaborate?

RE: CBD Oil for anxiety and more - Ymarsakar - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 01:02 PM)Diana Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 10:06 AM)Ymarsakar Wrote: I use peppermint essential oil for tissue and nerve regeneration. Mostly on skin but the food grade qualities can be put into water and drunk like a potion.

I wasn't aware that peppermint essential oil was good for that. Could you elaborate?

It just works. Part of it is the menthol it cools tissue down so like a mini wim hoff ice breath.

The other part is the chi prana is absorbed by the tissue meridians and nerve channels. Of course this varies from person to person. So for some it make take higher usage.l due to less absorption.