Bring4th
Tarot exercise - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Tarot exercise (/showthread.php?tid=17411)

Tarot exercise - Nau7ik - 07-08-2019

I wanted to share this exercise with the forum because I found it to be really good!

Balancing the Opposites
First, set the Tarot cards face-up and really look over all of them. Find the one that resonates the most with you as positive. Then, do the same thing but find the cards which leasts resonates with you, that seems most negative.

Quote:Place the two cards in front of you and turn the negative one face down. Spend some time looking at and identifying with the positive one.

Identify some central figure within the scene depicted (it may be a person, animal, or inanimate object, it makes no difference). Be that figures and talk as if you are that figure. Out loud describe yourself using the personal pronoun ‘I’.

Describe yourself physically (for example ‘I am red, I live at the foot of a mountain’ etc.); then describe yourself emotionally; then mentally; finally describe yourself spiritually.

Lay the positive card face down and turn up the negative card. Follow the same procedure, remembering to use the personal pronoun ‘I’ when describing yourself.

Swap the cards again so you are holding the positive card before you and repeat the procedure but this time pay particular attention to the negative aspects of this card, the card you originally chose as positive.

Finally, take the negative card and repeat the exercise, paying particular attention to the positive aspects of the ‘negative’ card.

What we can learn from this exercise is how to see the light and dark in all things and within ourselves. We are aware of how within the positive there is negative and vice versa. We can unleash energy and create balance.

There were a few cards which resonated positive to me, but I only chose the one that resonated the most: The Ace of Swords
[Image: asu2.jpg]

I am a cold, hard steel/iron sword. I am held aright by a gleaming white hand coming out of the clouds. I am crowned. I am above barren dark purple mountains.
I am victorious, I am successful. I am motivated. I am empowered.

I am swift and cutting. I am discerning. I am focused on my goal. I want to achieve success.

I am that inspiration which raises me up to meet new challenges and to walk away as the victor, as king. I know that the challenges before me are leading me the crown of success.

The negative card, for me, is: the 8 of Swords.
[Image: 20080507004112%21Swords08.jpg]

I am a woman. I am garbed in an orange gown. I am blindfolded and bound. I stand on marshy grounds. I cannot see or move.

I am afraid. I am fearful. I am uncomfortable. I am worried.

I am a victim. I can’t get out of my situation. I am stuck. I am helpless.

I am holding myself back. I am stuck in the lower chakras. I do not realize my inherent power and worth.

Reverse the cards now and discern the negative in the positive and the positive in the negative:
Ace of Swords (negative qualities)—the negative qualities of this card can be overconfidence, pride, ego. Also the challenges along the road to victory can be quite negative and undesirable, but it is what is needed.

8 of Swords (positive qualities)— the strength and power gained from learning how to not be a victim is priceless. It takes personal responsibility for itself, and in so doing, realizes the power it has to change things! These were originally self imposed restrictions, but They don’t have to be a prison for us.

Anyway! I really enjoyed this exercise. I invite you all to try it out with your own Tarot deck. It doesn’t matter which deck is used. I have a feeling that intuition is guiding us in this exercise. The cards that we choose... why did we subjectively choose these cards? Now that I am finished with the exercise I can see how these cards personally resonate with me. I can learn from them. And so can you Smile

RE: Tarot exercise - kristina - 07-09-2019

(07-08-2019, 08:59 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: I wanted to share this exercise with the forum because I found it to be really good!

Balancing the Opposites
First, set the Tarot cards face-up and really look over all of them. Find the one that resonates the most with you as positive. Then, do the same thing but find the cards which leasts resonates with you, that seems most negative.

Quote:Place the two cards in front of you and turn the negative one face down. Spend some time looking at and identifying with the positive one.

Identify some central figure within the scene depicted (it may be a person, animal, or inanimate object, it makes no difference). Be that figures and talk as if you are that figure. Out loud describe yourself using the personal pronoun ‘I’.

Describe yourself physically (for example ‘I am red, I live at the foot of a mountain’ etc.); then describe yourself emotionally; then mentally; finally describe yourself spiritually.

Lay the positive card face down and turn up the negative card. Follow the same procedure, remembering to use the personal pronoun ‘I’ when describing yourself.

Swap the cards again so you are holding the positive card before you and repeat the procedure but this time pay particular attention to the negative aspects of this card, the card you originally chose as positive.

Finally, take the negative card and repeat the exercise, paying particular attention to the positive aspects of the ‘negative’ card.

What we can learn from this exercise is how to see the light and dark in all things and within ourselves. We are aware of how within the positive there is negative and vice versa. We can unleash energy and create balance.

There were a few cards which resonated positive to me, but I only chose the one that resonated the most: The Ace of Swords
[Image: asu2.jpg]

I am a cold, hard steel/iron sword. I am held aright by a gleaming white hand coming out of the clouds. I am crowned. I am above barren dark purple mountains.
I am victorious, I am successful. I am motivated. I am empowered.

I am swift and cutting. I am discerning. I am focused on my goal. I want to achieve success.

I am that inspiration which raises me up to meet new challenges and to walk away as the victor, as king. I know that the challenges before me are leading me the crown of success.

The negative card, for me, is: the 8 of Swords.
[Image: 20080507004112%21Swords08.jpg]

I am a woman. I am garbed in an orange gown. I am blindfolded and bound. I stand on marshy grounds. I cannot see or move.

I am afraid. I am fearful. I am uncomfortable. I am worried.  

I am a victim. I can’t get out of my situation. I am stuck. I am helpless.

I am holding myself back. I am stuck in the lower chakras. I do not realize my inherent power and worth.

Reverse the cards now and discern the negative in the positive and the positive in the negative:
Ace of Swords (negative qualities)—the negative qualities of this card can be overconfidence, pride, ego. Also the challenges along the road to victory can be quite negative and undesirable, but it is what is needed.

8 of Swords (positive qualities)— the strength and power gained from learning how to not be a victim is priceless. It takes personal responsibility for itself, and in so doing, realizes the power it has to change things! These were originally self imposed restrictions, but They don’t have to be a prison for us.

Anyway! I really enjoyed this exercise. I invite you all to try it out with your own Tarot deck. It doesn’t matter which deck is used. I have a feeling that intuition is guiding us in this exercise. The cards that we choose... why did we subjectively choose these cards? Now that I am finished with the exercise I can see how these cards personally resonate with me. I can learn from them. And so can you Smile

Oh my goodness. I actually loved doing this. How awesome was this to do! Thank you Nau. Anymore neat things such as this? I absolutely loved this! Blessings brother! Heart