Bring4th
What is love - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What is love (/showthread.php?tid=17440)

What is love - kristina - 07-18-2019

Can we find love in all that we do?
I cared for my Dad until he passed back in 2010. He was hard to deal with because he had his own way of doing things. By nature he was a tough, loud and straight forward man never really mincing words. While I cared for him, I grew tired, weary and wondered sometimes, what am I doing here? We never got along really well. I never was able to teach him anything about spirituality and in his own words he would say, "that's all bullshit Kristina". So I never was able to tell him, I will see you again, there is life on the other side of this, you won't hurt anymore Dad. My spiritual growth from this process was doing everyday mundane things for my Dad. I showed him love by folding his clothing, making his meals and handing him a cold iced tea. The love I found was in ordinary every day routines. When I hung his clothing on a hanger I remember I would hang it just so, this way when we dressed for the day, my Dad would look put together, neat and tidy. In that way, I found love. In every day, ordinary routines. It changed my life. When he passed the hurt was tremendous. I have come to realize that was my refinement by fire; the pain of losing the routine I had come to love, the man I had come to understand and honor. I was never the same after his passing, I was refined.
Anyone else have a story where they discovered love in the ordinary of things?

RE: What is love - flofrog - 07-18-2019

my sister lived in a very old house in a village in switzerland. There was a patch of garden in front and a large wild yard behind. She was taking care of the path in the back yard and of a small space where we had a large garden table for meals during summer.
I was helping in the kitchen with her but she loved cooking so we would just chat while she prepared dinner for he and the children. I would do the dishes and always would wash the floor after each meal, I loved that but then I decided to take on the front patch of garden and in like three weeks cleaned out the soil, took out old dead roots and planted a few small plants among them some mountain lavender. it looked like a liliputian garden. I really sweated on that patch as it was a hot summer but I loved loved it. She was like in awe of what was a really funny liliputian garden. We would sit on a stone at sunset and look at it like this was the paradise garden !!! BigSmile

all this to say that nothing is like small little works... no wonders monks were asked to wash the floor and tile the vegetable garden... nothing more meditative... lol

love you kristina, Wink

RE: What is love - kristina - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019, 09:20 AM)flofrog Wrote: my sister lived in a very old house in a village in switzerland. There was a patch of garden in front and a large wild yard behind. She was taking care of the path in the back yard and of a small space where we had a large garden table for meals during summer.
I was helping in the kitchen with her but she loved cooking so we would just chat while she prepared dinner for he and the children. I would do the dishes and always would wash the floor after each meal, I loved that but then I decided to take on the front patch of garden and in like three weeks cleaned out the soil, took out old dead roots and planted a few small plants among them some mountain lavender. it looked like a liliputian garden.  I really sweated on that patch as it  was a hot summer but I loved loved it. She was like in awe of what was a really funny liliputian garden.  We would sit on a stone at sunset and look at it like this was the paradise garden  !!! BigSmile

all this to say that nothing is like small little works... no wonders monks were asked to wash the floor and tile the vegetable garden... nothing more meditative... lol

love you kristina,  Wink

I was just thinking of you! Oh so glad to hear from you and Oh what a beautiful story of love. Thank you Flo! You are so full of loving kindness and beauty. It is no wonder you create love in all your endeavors!!! Heart Heart Heart
Are you back in the States?

RE: What is love - flofrog - 07-18-2019

I am not full of love and kindness, I am the scourge of the Earth !!!! But it is real fun to be mean sometimes for a second !!!!!! BigSmile
Love you kristina.. I am still on the other side of the pond, working like an idiot

RE: What is love - RitaJC - 07-19-2019

You post reminded me of the quote by Mother Teresa: “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

Over the past 3 decades, I have learned to do every small thing lovingly and let go of the want to do "great things". I don't believe anything ever is more or less important from the spiritual perspective.

RE: What is love - kristina - 07-19-2019

(07-19-2019, 03:56 AM)RitaJC Wrote: You post reminded me of the quote by Mother Teresa: “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

Over the past 3 decades, I have learned to do every small thing lovingly and let go of the want to do "great things". I don't believe anything ever is more or less important from the spiritual perspective.

I am just now coming to realize that!
When an entity becomes conscious of it's movements, you cannot help but to notice and if a person who is positively polarized will scan a great portion of their life, they will see just how often they have placed love in the simple things they have done. And eventually, you will be placing love in all that you do because it is from that place in which you operate.
Thank you Rita

RE: What is love - loostudent - 07-19-2019

Changing the diapers. BigSmile
It's amazing how happy is a baby when it gets just a simple look and smile.

(07-19-2019, 02:40 PM)loostudent Wrote: Changing the diapers. BigSmile
It's amazing how happy is a baby when it gets just a simple look and smile.
teehee BigSmile ! Oh my gosh yes indeed it is very happy! And a very giving thing as it induces vomiting for some. The "some" would be Me. Yes, that is love Loos. Heart cute

(07-18-2019, 05:47 PM)flofrog Wrote: I am not full of love and kindness,  I am the scourge of the Earth !!!!  But it is real fun to be mean sometimes for a second  !!!!!!  BigSmile
Love you kristina.. I am still on the other side of the pond,  working like an idiot

Yeah, yeah Ms. Scourge. You are not. Though I can imagine a smal temper in you. But, I will allow you to be the scourge of all the earth while you toil in your home and rose gardens. When are you coming state side Flo?

RE: What is love - Stranger - 07-20-2019

(07-19-2019, 03:56 AM)RitaJC Wrote: You post reminded me of the quote by Mother Teresa: “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

You might find it interesting that Mother Teresa took that name because of her admiration for St. Therese of Lisieux, known as "The Little Flower."  St. Therese was the one who pioneered the approach of performing loving service in a myriad little ways throughout the day - seeking out every opportunity to be of help and service, rather than through grandiose works.  She called it "the little way". This approach resonates very much with the heart of this thread.  Ultimately service is not about what you accomplish, but about the state of heart you spend your days in.  It seems that St. Therese spent her days with a heart full of love.

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/living-the-little-way-day-by-day
“What matters in life is not great deeds but great love”
‘I can’t do the great gestures of mortification but simply the little things.  I can always provide a smile to someone, a word of affirmation, a helping hand.’”

https://blog.littleflower.org/therese-facts/st-therese-mother-teresa/