Bring4th
Is anyone else having tech problems today? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Is anyone else having tech problems today? (/showthread.php?tid=17456)

Is anyone else having tech problems today? - Stranger - 07-27-2019

This afternoon, my cell phone mount on my bike randomly snapped in half; my dishwasher failed; and a PC microphone I've used for two years suddenly stopped working.  All in one afternoon.

I'm wondering if anyone else has been having issues today, Saturday 7/27?

RE: Is anyone else having tech problems today? - Stranger - 07-27-2019

Well, I got my answer. It was a personal thing and no one else is affected. Enjoy your glitch-free day, everyone Smile

RE: Is anyone else having tech problems today? - AnthroHeart - 07-27-2019

Well, Cyan was trying to light one of those torch lighters like 30 times without success
and then I asked to try it and it lit up on the first try. Then I gave it back to him
and it lit up right away because he says that I gave the lighter love.

RE: Is anyone else having tech problems today? - Relax - 07-28-2019

It's Mercury retrograde at the moment

what you've described is classic for Merc retro. Smile

Sometimes they're not as intense as others and sometimes they can be productive (even if 'disruptive')...they also have a different 'tone' or flavour depending on what sign they're in.

This is the info I recently found prior to this one.

We're due to leave it's strongest influence Wed this week but there's a fading influence for a while after that as well.
(nb: you can put them to positive use if you wish... I've just de-cluttered half of my furniture and miscellanea and feel way more free, light and organised than I have in years Heart )

Quote:Mercury retrograde do’s and try-not-to do’s.
Do…

1. Review all contracts and legal documents before signing.
2. Pause and breathe before speaking. (Repeat yourself if necessary!)
3. Read all emails and documents before you send.
4. Insure/track important mail and packages (Mercury rules the postal system).
5. Get your vehicles (or bikes) tuned up, pack an emergency roadside kit.
6. Leave early for any travel and appointments, since Mercury Rx can delay flights.
7. Renew your commitments instead of making new ones.
8. Focus on the prefix re-, which means to go backward (renew, review, revamp, redecorate, et al.)
9. Plan reunions with old friends & loved ones (but prepare for possible mishaps!)
10. Expect to hear from/run into people from your past at the weirdest moments.
11. Get sentimental. Reconnect with your roots, walk down memory lane.
12. Practice forgiveness. Finish processing what’s unresolved so you can let it go.
13. Confirm all dates, plans, meetings, appointments.
14. Think of the retrograde as a quarterly review period, a chance to pause and finish what you’ve started.
15. Back up your digital data (photos, contact lists, files) before the retrograde or ASAP if it’s started.

Try not to…

1. Try not to buy new vehicles, electronic equipment or gadgets (unless they come with a good return/repair policy).
2. Try not to sign contracts without a thorough review (delay until Mercury turns direct if you can).
3. Try not to fly off the handle or jump to conclusions if someone misunderstands you.
4. Try not to run into the arms/bed of an ex without careful screening (Mercury reunions aren’t always meant to last).
5. Try not to shoot the messenger if someone from your past comes around.
6. Try not to put anything sketchy into an email or text (you could hit “Reply All” or send to the wrong person!).
7. Try not to leave late for flights or appointments.
8. Try not to start anything new on top before finishing what’s ahead on the to-do list.
9. Try not to lead people on, give mixed messages or believe everything you hear (actions speak louder than words).
10. Try not to spread rumours, rant on social media or share unconfirmed information.
11. Try not to turn in sloppy or unchecked work, cut corners, dash off hasty communications. Inspect to protect!

The silver lining

Mercury retrograde is a great opportunity to handle unfinished business. Most of us start a million things that we don’t complete, never realizing how much psychic clutter this creates. The retrograde is like a quarterly review. It’s a chance to tie up those loose ends and create a clear vision for the future.
Take advantage of it, and you’ll emerge fresh and ready when Mercury goes direct. As the cliché goes, what you resist persists. So the more you can embrace chaos or a lack of control (and isn’t control an illusion, anyhow?), the better you’ll survive this cycle!

Mercury Retrogrades in 2019

Mercury retrogrades typically happen three or four times a year. Here are the dates and the zodiac signs Mercury backspins in this year:

March 5-28 (Pisces)
July 7-31 (Leo/Cancer)
October 31-November 20 (Scorpio)

This is a very basic (practical) sort of advice... there are far more nuanced descriptions online - but anything with 're' in it is favoured at this time
redo, rethink, revise, return, re-evaluate, reform, re-try etc etc...
some views are it's a nuisance of a transit - some view it as a powerful useful time...

There's a lot online about people (and astrologers) feedback/advice if you want to read more  :idea:

I just realised I didn't really address all your breakages Smile

Quote:" it’s retrograde right now and will be until July 31. During this time, Mercury will oscillate between fire sign, Leo and water sign Cancer, which according to astrologer Lisa Stardust, “isn’t going to be easy.” As fire signs, Leos tend to be passionate, egotistical, and have a penchant for intense outbursts, and this time will bring all of that energy to the forefront. The crab of the zodiac, Cancer will elucidate emotional and maternal forces making us look inwards: go with it.

Basically, there’ll be miscommunications, petty arguments, confusion, unanswered texts and it’s not going to be great for direct communication. You’re going to be ready to throw yourself into some heated arguments, especially when it comes to love and romance, you might hear from those exes you wish lived in another dimension, and everything is going to feel incredibly intense.

But it’s also a great time to reflect, reassess, and be patient. If that wasn’t already a lot of information, this retrograde is happening during this month’s full moon lunar eclipse, where we’ll be forced to deal with things we’ve neglected, whatever that might be.

There is some good news! This is a great time to slow down and reflect on your actions instead of worrying about everything breaking down. (Fun fact: I destroyed three iPhones in succession during Mercury Retrograde once.) Depending on your birth chart, Mercury retrograde could be a fantastic time to harness your irreverence and penchant for the extreme, but even then you will feel it."

or from another site:
Quote:Mercury retrograde periods are notorious for causing computers to crash and for machines, appliances, and other electronic devices to show signs of wear, requiring urgent repair. Backup your computer in advance of any Mercury retrograde period. If you had planned to install new software on your personal computer (or, if you work in IT, on your network), wait until the retrograde period is over to do so. Weird things happen during these periods. For example, you may suddenly discover that you were sold a defective hard drive, even though it may never have given you problems in the past, at least not until you created that vital document and your whole system went down.

Mercury also rules trade and commerce, so don’t buy or sell anything expensive during its retrograde phases. Often you will find that the item you want is out of stock. If you do buy something expensive, such as a car, computer, or jewelry, for example, you may regret your purchase later. If you are buying or selling a house, expect problems, errors, delays, and setbacks to arise. The only times you can buy something expensive during a retrograde period are if you are returning something you already bought.

Computers, high tech items, appliances, automobiles, and other machines and electronics are highly susceptible to Mercury in a retrograde period. Mercury rules moving parts, so that can be one reason. Yet, other things happen. You buy an air conditioner and 30 days later discover it has gone on sale for much less than what you paid. Or you by an expensive smartphone during a retrograde only to drop it (and crack its screen) or lose it soon afterward. It really does pay to wait to buy electronics.

In years past, Mercury always seemed to retrograde during the holiday shopping season. For example, in 2011, Mercury was retrograde from “Black Friday” (where retailers go into the black because everyone loves to shop on the Friday after Thanksgiving, November 25) until the end of the day on December 13.

If you are driving any significant distance during a period where Mercury is retrograde, bring extra maps (or make sure your GPS is up to date), make sure you have enough gas, and verify that you have the correct address and clear driving instructions. If your car is making strange sounds, have it inspected before you leave; you don’t want a problem to emerge when you are on the road. If you are flying, check with your airline to make sure your flight is going to take off on time. Have your luggage well marked so that it won’t get lost or sent to the wrong airport, and bring your iPod and a good book to the airport, as there could be lots of delays.

Some people do not travel when Mercury is retrograde, and perhaps that might be wise if your trip is business-oriented. However, if you are returning to see a former client you’ve worked with in the past, traveling during the retrograde is fine. Sales people know that business is always most likely from former clients. If you are in sales, earmark all your former clients for special attention during these phases.

You can take a trip for pleasure during these periods. Actually, this could be a perfect time to go, for you get away from it all, and everyone back at the office will “feel” the retrograde – they will miss your quick problem-solving ability and advice while you are away! During a retrograde phase, you might want to travel to a place from your childhood that you loved but haven’t seen in a long time. It could be lots of fun because going back to places you knew is favored.

Forgetfulness can be a problem during these phases. You are more likely to leave your airline ticket or passport on your desk rather than put it in your pocket; leave your cell phone, sunglasses, or gloves in the back seat of a cab; or lock yourself out of your car or house. I always advise that you tape your business card on the back of your computer or smartphone case, and slip your card into your case holding your eyeglasses in case one of these treasures is lost.

I also suggest that if you buy a gift card for someone, you photocopy the card’s serial number so that if you or your recipient loses the card, you can get it replaced quickly by the retailer. (Of course, keep your receipt stapled to the photocopy. Some retailers can give you a gift receipt with the serial number on the receipt, so you don’t have to go through the trouble of having the card photocopied. Even so, keep a copy in your records too, for your recipient may lose everything!) Tell your recipient that you are taking precautions, in case they do lose your gift and are too shy to tell you that they did! Often there is a comedy of errors surrounding Mercury retrograde!

While we are on the topic of photocopying important documents, photocopy your passport and give your family members a copy, too. If you ever should lose your passport, you will have a copy to show the passport office, and it will make things much easier for you! Do that today, while you are thinking of it!

ok.. so this is weeeeird...

we've just this moment had an example of merc weirdness... the last reply I made (above) I used the same (different) font in the 'quoted' text as I used in the first reply to you... then I did a preview to check it was in that different font and then posted it - but as you can see it's been posted in the normal B4 font.

Irritating.

*cue Twilight Zone theme music*

that's a typical example of a merc rev snafus BigSmile 0_0

RE: Is anyone else having tech problems today? - RitaJC - 07-28-2019

All planets are in Retrograde right now.

Mercury is usually the culprit for technical and communication problems.

Hold tight. It turns direct on August 1

RE: Is anyone else having tech problems today? - kristina - 07-29-2019

(07-28-2019, 12:56 AM)Relax Wrote: It's Mercury retrograde at the moment

what you've described is classic for Merc retro. Smile

Sometimes they're not as intense as others and sometimes they can be productive (even if 'disruptive')...they also have a different 'tone' or flavour depending on what sign they're in.

This is the info I recently found prior to this one.

We're due to leave it's strongest influence Wed this week but there's a fading influence for a while after that as well.
(nb: you can put them to positive use if you wish... I've just de-cluttered half of my furniture and miscellanea and feel way more free, light and organised than I have in years Heart )

Quote:Mercury retrograde do’s and try-not-to do’s.
Do…

1. Review all contracts and legal documents before signing.
2. Pause and breathe before speaking. (Repeat yourself if necessary!)
3. Read all emails and documents before you send.
4. Insure/track important mail and packages (Mercury rules the postal system).
5. Get your vehicles (or bikes) tuned up, pack an emergency roadside kit.
6. Leave early for any travel and appointments, since Mercury Rx can delay flights.
7. Renew your commitments instead of making new ones.
8. Focus on the prefix re-, which means to go backward (renew, review, revamp, redecorate, et al.)
9. Plan reunions with old friends & loved ones (but prepare for possible mishaps!)
10. Expect to hear from/run into people from your past at the weirdest moments.
11. Get sentimental. Reconnect with your roots, walk down memory lane.
12. Practice forgiveness. Finish processing what’s unresolved so you can let it go.
13. Confirm all dates, plans, meetings, appointments.
14. Think of the retrograde as a quarterly review period, a chance to pause and finish what you’ve started.
15. Back up your digital data (photos, contact lists, files) before the retrograde or ASAP if it’s started.

Try not to…

1. Try not to buy new vehicles, electronic equipment or gadgets (unless they come with a good return/repair policy).
2. Try not to sign contracts without a thorough review (delay until Mercury turns direct if you can).
3. Try not to fly off the handle or jump to conclusions if someone misunderstands you.
4. Try not to run into the arms/bed of an ex without careful screening (Mercury reunions aren’t always meant to last).
5. Try not to shoot the messenger if someone from your past comes around.
6. Try not to put anything sketchy into an email or text (you could hit “Reply All” or send to the wrong person!).
7. Try not to leave late for flights or appointments.
8. Try not to start anything new on top before finishing what’s ahead on the to-do list.
9. Try not to lead people on, give mixed messages or believe everything you hear (actions speak louder than words).
10. Try not to spread rumours, rant on social media or share unconfirmed information.
11. Try not to turn in sloppy or unchecked work, cut corners, dash off hasty communications. Inspect to protect!

The silver lining

Mercury retrograde is a great opportunity to handle unfinished business. Most of us start a million things that we don’t complete, never realizing how much psychic clutter this creates. The retrograde is like a quarterly review. It’s a chance to tie up those loose ends and create a clear vision for the future.
Take advantage of it, and you’ll emerge fresh and ready when Mercury goes direct. As the cliché goes, what you resist persists. So the more you can embrace chaos or a lack of control (and isn’t control an illusion, anyhow?), the better you’ll survive this cycle!

Mercury Retrogrades in 2019

Mercury retrogrades typically happen three or four times a year. Here are the dates and the zodiac signs Mercury backspins in this year:

March 5-28 (Pisces)
July 7-31 (Leo/Cancer)
October 31-November 20 (Scorpio)

This is a very basic (practical) sort of advice... there are far more nuanced descriptions online - but anything with 're' in it is favoured at this time
redo, rethink, revise, return, re-evaluate, reform, re-try etc etc...
some views are it's a nuisance of a transit - some view it as a powerful useful time...

There's a lot online about people (and astrologers) feedback/advice if you want to read more  :idea:
Yup. You stole my answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made sure I signed my new contract just before the retrograde......as ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy everything's messed the hell up retrograde!

RE: Is anyone else having tech problems today? - TheSeekersLighthouse - 07-31-2019

Had an abundance of tech problems, mercury Rx.

Though my VHS video camera breaking after 15 years of service just after filming the llinked video yesterday kinda takes the biscuit. A case of insta karma for me? I have no idea xD It seems like the mode-switch that tells the mechanism that the take up reel is turning is not sensing that, or it is not actually turning. While I am handy to fix things, disassembling those tiny mechanisms suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT2gV9YHVwI

RE: Is anyone else having tech problems today? - kristina - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 05:48 AM)TheSeekersLighthouse Wrote: Had an abundance of tech problems, mercury Rx.

Though my VHS video camera breaking after 15 years of service just after filming the llinked video yesterday kinda takes the biscuit. A case of insta karma for me? I have no idea xD It seems like the mode-switch that tells the mechanism that the take up reel is turning is not sensing that, or it is not actually turning. While I am handy to fix things, disassembling those tiny mechanisms suck.

I had several expensive break downs. One being a dishwasher and we had to replace it. That was severely expensive. It was right at the beginning of the retrograde. I guess to put it mildly, out with the ild and in with the new. One moto Mercury Rx uses.

RE: Is anyone else having tech problems today? - TheSeekersLighthouse - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 07:59 AM)kristina Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 05:48 AM)TheSeekersLighthouse Wrote: Had an abundance of tech problems, mercury Rx.

I had several expensive break downs. One being a dishwasher and we had to replace it. That was severely expensive. It was right at the beginning of the retrograde. I guess to put it mildly, out with the ild and in with the new. One moto Mercury Rx uses.

Remember there is also a shadow period just before Rx begins and an echo period just after it finishes. I was having a laugh that i felt I was safe this retrogade, but then camera dies.

I used to use a dishwasher, but my partner who just moved to the UK from the philippines insists on washing all dishes manually, and now our dishwasher is just unused Smile

Expensive breakdowns suck. Even then if not fixable it is worth dis-assembling and cannibalising parts you can sell that still work to recoup some costs. This is often doable on many home appliances. Or in some cases the problem can be as simple as a fuse or capacitor on a PSU board, which is an easy fix.

Generally I can fix most breakdowns that happen mostly during Mercury Rx, but am having trouble with that tiny evil mechanism. I more like to joke that my friend sticking his middle finger up is what broke it.

RE: Is anyone else having tech problems today? - kristina - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 10:04 AM)TheSeekersLighthouse Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 07:59 AM)kristina Wrote:

Remember there is also a shadow period just before Rx begins and an echo period just after it finishes. I was having a laugh that i felt I was safe this retrogade, but then camera dies.

I used to use a dishwasher, but my partner who just moved to the UK from the philippines insists on washing all dishes manually, and now our dishwasher is just unused Smile

Expensive breakdowns suck. Even then if not fixable it is worth dis-assembling and cannibalising parts you can sell that still work to recoup some costs. This is often doable on many home appliances. Or in some cases the problem can be as simple as a fuse or capacitor on a PSU board, which is an easy fix.

Generally I can fix most breakdowns that happen mostly during Mercury Rx, but am having trouble with that tiny evil mechanism. I more like to joke that my friend sticking his middle finger up is what broke it.

LOL!
We sat it out for a man who makes his living off junking appliances. We used to "cannabalize" the parts in a way but this person relies on things of this nature to survive, we recognize that, and it is our contribution to him. It's not much, but it is something. Everyone wins. It was the main board that went bad. We survived the expense and it would be great to survive the rest of the Rx without any more losses. The middle finger comment made me laugh. I can always use a good laugh and the Rx can't take that from me. That I am confident of. Ha! Suck on that Rx!