Bring4th
I made a Law of One Wiki - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: I made a Law of One Wiki (/showthread.php?tid=17568)

I made a Law of One Wiki - mshahiddev - 09-03-2019

So back in 2015/16, there was a big controversy with the Law of One Wikipedia article.
In short, Wikipedia mods didn't think the Law of One or the Ra Material had any verifiable reference points to allow it to stay as an article on Wikipedia.
So the page was ultimately deleted and the back and forth between mods and who ever created the page continued. You can read the entire argument here .

And you can check out an archived version of the original article here .

This is unfortunate. But i can not blame the mods on Wikipedia.
This led me to the idea of creating our own Law of One dedicated wiki site. So i installed the mediaWiki API and with the help of my friend Kirill, we got it online.
This is great because i have many friends who, although they resonate with the concepts, the language of the actual material scares them away.
My hope is that more people could contribute to the Wiki. Defining words and explaining concepts. Of course with appropriate references and citations to L/L Research material and websites.

As you can tell by what little is on there, i am no wizard with words. My hope is anyone who runs by the page will stop by to write some articles.
I have already defined the names for the pages using the index of the Ra Material.

You can check out the wiki here .

You can find a list of wanted articles here . Simply click on the name of the article and start writing! Feel free to make an account if you plan on editing often. If you are not familiar with wiki formatting, no worries. I can edit and add format for you later.

Please give me feed back on what you think about it so far. And if there is something you think i should add or remove from it.

Thanks. Love/light - mo

RE: I made a Law of One Wiki - JRC - 09-04-2019

Grateful for your efforts

RE: I made a Law of One Wiki - Sacred Fool - 09-04-2019

Reading all the nonsense from 2008 and then the tribulations noted on the later threads discussing a Wikipedia article, one wonders if using this kind of format is really a possible way to convey information about
The Ra Material.   If factionalism breaks out between this way or that way of defining or interpreting things, then you just have an ongoing bloody mess.

Perhaps a format which allows those interested to express their own interpretations without being able to delete others would be better?  That sounds sloppy as hell, but maybe over the years the cream will rise to the top?

RE: I made a Law of One Wiki - AnthroHeart - 09-04-2019

With a wiki though, you can undo another's deletions. That's what kept Wikipedia from being vandalized completely.

I wonder if your Wiki is using Wikipedia's software.

RE: I made a Law of One Wiki - Sacred Fool - 09-04-2019

(09-04-2019, 12:23 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: With a wiki though, you can undo another's deletions. That's what kept Wikipedia from being vandalized completely.

Yes, true.  I'm thinking that, in "light" of how "polarized" and how vicious some of the forum battles have been in the past, it might be wise to alter the design in some kind of a way so as to anticipate--and thus avoid the headache of--that sort of disturbance.  Just my two cents worth.

RE: I made a Law of One Wiki - mshahiddev - 09-05-2019

(09-04-2019, 12:23 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: With a wiki though, you can undo another's deletions. That's what kept Wikipedia from being vandalized completely.

Well i used an API called MediaWiki. Not sure if its the same one used by Wikipedia.

RE: I made a Law of One Wiki - AnthroHeart - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 05:21 AM)mshahiddev Wrote:

Well i used an API called MediaWiki. Not sure if its the same one used by Wikipedia.

Yeah, on their site, they say:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

The MediaWiki software is used by tens of thousands of websites and thousands of companies and organizations. It powers Wikipedia and also this website. MediaWiki helps you collect and organize knowledge and make it available to people. It's powerful, multilingual, free and open, extensible, customizable, reliable, and free of charge. Find out more and if MediaWiki is right for you.

RE: I made a Law of One Wiki - Asolsutsesvyl - 10-12-2019

Right now, the wiki is down with a message that the account is suspended by the hosting provider.

Just to add in case - and in the hope that - the situation changes: I'm interested in the idea of a Law of One wiki. However such an effort proceeds, and which people do it, I think it makes sense, so as to systematize and cross-reference the ideas of the material. Then various things can be brought out and clarified which have so far been left more obscure, I think. Also, there's room to more tidily add comparisons between the LOO concepts and those of other teachings (in part drawing upon what people have gathered here), and begin to take some steps towards a greater synthesis - relying on logic to separate the firm and certain connections (matching structures of ideas) from the looser, more speculative ones (vaguer matches or differing details).

Currently, before beginning to write down a more thorough systematization of my thinking somewhere - which I think will eventually happen - I'll be taking it slowly, as I still have a lot to sort out internally from the past years of material taken in elsewhere. And more in the way of careful reading of the Law of One material to do.

A decade ago, I read some articles at wiki.lawofone.info, but that wiki went down when Tobey at lawofone.info replaced it for the re-listening project. I haven't asked, but perhaps he felt that the articles, which were fairly few, were not worth keeping as they were on their own. Anyway, if/when a wiki project proceeds, I think it would make sense to ask Tobey about copying the text of the old articles; I don't think he'd mind, if he has a backup. I'd have expected the old wiki to be available through web.archive.org, but in this case we're less lucky and the contents seem to be missing.