Bring4th
How to turn anger in love - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: How to turn anger in love (/showthread.php?tid=17622)

How to turn anger in love - Loki - 09-20-2019

One of the most interesting answers from Ra is part of session 46 and it relates to how anger needs to be handled.

Here is the fragment I am talking about:

Quote:Ra: The entity polarizing positively perceives the anger. This entity, if using this catalyst mentally, blesses and loves this anger in itself. It then intensifies this anger consciously in mind alone until the folly of this red-ray energy is perceived not as folly in itself but as energy subject to spiritual entropy due to the randomness of energy being used.

Positive orientation then provides the will and faith to continue this mentally intense experience of letting the anger be understood, accepted, and integrated with the mind/body/spirit complex. The other-self which is the object of anger is thus transformed into an object of acceptance, understanding, and accommodation, all being reintegrated using the great energy which anger began.

The negatively oriented mind/body/spirit complex will use this anger in a similarly conscious fashion, refusing to accept the undirected or random energy of anger and instead, through will and faith, funneling this energy into a practical means of venting the negative aspect of this emotion so as to obtain control over other-self, or otherwise control the situation causing anger.

Control is the key to negatively polarized use of catalyst. Acceptance is the key to positively polarized use of catalyst. Between these polarities lies the potential for this random and undirected energy creating a bodily complex analog of what you call the cancerous growth of tissue.  

I am trying to understand and to extract some sort of method to be able to handle anger the way Ra describes it, but I have problems understanding what/how exactly do I need to do.
How can I love anger when anger makes me hate everything? Should I expect once I love the anger (if I ever)  become  happy at once?
I know anger uncontrolled ends up causing illnesses but I still don't see a way to turn it into love. If this would be simple the world would be full of love but I see lots of anger instead.

RE: How to turn anger in love - AnthroHeart - 09-20-2019

Ego death?

RE: How to turn anger in love - JJCarsonian - 09-20-2019

You don't exactly turn anger into love. Every time you're angry, take a look at why you're angry. Analyze your emotions, your thoughts. Something is triggering your anger in the deep roots of mind. Ask yourself if that's worth getting angry over. The one on the positive path will come to forgiveness and acceptance, thus dissipating this energy. The ones on the negative path will harness this energy for power and control. If you do neither, and let it fester, thats when it becomes an illness.

(09-20-2019, 11:05 PM)Loki Wrote: One of the most interesting answers from Ra is part of session 46 and it relates to how anger needs to be handled.

Quote:Ra: The entity polarizing positively perceives the anger. This entity, if using this catalyst mentally, blesses and loves this anger in itself. It then intensifies this anger consciously in mind alone until the folly of this red-ray energy is perceived not as folly in itself but as energy subject to spiritual entropy due to the randomness of energy being used.

Positive orientation then provides the will and faith to continue this mentally intense experience of letting the anger be understood, accepted, and integrated with the mind/body/spirit complex. The other-self which is the object of anger is thus transformed into an object of acceptance, understanding, and accommodation, all being reintegrated using the great energy which anger began.

The negatively oriented mind/body/spirit complex will use this anger in a similarly conscious fashion, refusing to accept the undirected or random energy of anger and instead, through will and faith, funneling this energy into a practical means of venting the negative aspect of this emotion so as to obtain control over other-self, or otherwise control the situation causing anger.

Control is the key to negatively polarized use of catalyst. Acceptance is the key to positively polarized use of catalyst. Between these polarities lies the potential for this random and undirected energy creating a bodily complex analog of what you call the cancerous growth of tissue.  

I am trying to understand and to extract some sort of method to be able to handle anger the way Ra describes it, but I have problems understanding what/how exactly do I need to do.
How can I love anger when anger makes me hate everything? Should I expect once I love the anger (if I ever)  become  happy at once?
I know anger uncontrolled ends up causing illnesses but I still don't see a way to turn it into love. If this would be simple the world would be full of love but I see lots of anger instead.

RE: How to turn anger in love - RitaJC - 09-21-2019

(09-20-2019, 11:05 PM)Loki Wrote: One of the most interesting answers from Ra is part of session 46 and it relates to how anger needs to be handled.

Are you familiar with the Sedona Method? It's simple but really effective.

RE: How to turn anger in love - ada - 09-21-2019

I think one way is to use the anger as a fuel or catalyst to challenge the self to remain balanced and focused to do or understand positive work. Smile

RE: How to turn anger in love - Signifyz - 09-21-2019

(09-20-2019, 11:05 PM)Loki Wrote: I am trying to understand and to extract some sort of method to be able to handle anger the way Ra describes it, but I have problems understanding what/how exactly do I need to do.

I would add that very important thing is one-pointedness of your intention to process the catalyst. Any attempt to half-ass it will only deepen the trauma. The technic may be as simple as bringing yourself to the awareness of the Creator. It's easily said, not so easily done. Try to meditate on the thought that any creature around you is ultimately you. You may need to meditate a lot on this to create stable neural path so that you can gravitate to this thought when the catalyst presents itself in your daily life. But don't say this thought aloud when arguing in arnger-infusing situation. Just know it and try to find compassion for the person and for yourself. It's very important to find it for yourself too, because otherwise it will condense into arrogance with a thought like "oh man you are so pity, too bad you are so". But if you see no separation between self and other self on the divine level, you will feel just bliss of experiencing situation.

Don't expect it to work like a clockwork without your improvisation, the case is very intimate and close to free will infringement.

RE: How to turn anger in love - Loki - 09-21-2019

Thank you all for the answers. It is hard to turn the other cheek. My anger appears usually in situations where I witness abuse rather than when I am involved directly. And it is deep calm type of anger where the only effect for outside world is I speak slower and more sarcastic towards the abuser. Seeing the abuser as me I cannot, and I hate myself for being angry and I hate the other for abusing and I feel pity for the victim and I feel the urge to take his side and attack the abuser. But anger is not a good feeling even when you are a calm person.
I can love a dog attacking me I love less a dog attacking other dog, but I cannot love a human abusing another human.  

RE: How to turn anger in love - RitaJC - 09-21-2019

I'd really suggest you try the Sedona Method.

Let me know if you'd like some assistance or additional explanation

RE: How to turn anger in love - Infinite Unity - 09-21-2019

(09-21-2019, 06:40 AM)Loki Wrote: Thank you all for the answers. It is hard to turn the other cheek. My anger appears usually in situations where I witness abuse rather than when I am involved directly. And it is deep calm type of anger where the only effect for outside world is I speak slower and more sarcastic towards the abuser. Seeing the abuser as me I cannot, and I hate myself for being angry and I hate the other for abusing and I feel pity for the victim and I feel the urge to take his side and attack the abuser. But anger is not a good feeling even when you are a calm person.
I can love a dog attacking me I love less a dog attacking other dog, but I cannot love a human abusing another human.  

Understandable, try focusing on what help, or assistance you could provide the One being abused. Connect with your compassion for the abused, over anger towards abuser.

Usually the abuser will honestly be under a similar type of pain that there expressing towards the abused. Trying to turn anger is like trying to turn an emotional river. Only with deep understanding, compassion, and forgiveness, can One do this.

RE: How to turn anger in love - Loki - 09-21-2019

(09-21-2019, 06:53 AM)RitaJC Wrote: I'd really suggest you try the Sedona Method.

Thank you Rita I will.

RE: How to turn anger in love - Glow - 09-22-2019

Quote:You can school your behavior to imitate loving others, but you cannot force yourself to love others for you become exhausted. However, if you open your heart against all odds sometimes, against the resistance of the surrounding ambiance, and simply rest in the open heart, love can flow through you on a continuing basis. Then your job simply becomes the reopening of a closed heart—and a heart can close in a heartbeat, shall we say, because there is fear, because there is danger, because there is destruction, because of so many things, whether the problems are with yourself, with others, with your job, with something that irritates you, with something that causes you pain, with suffering that you’ve had to endure.

There are as many ways to close the heart as there are emotions in the human breast, and there are as many ways to open it again as the remembering consciousness can find. But it is not necessary to will the self to be so-and-so, such-and-such. It is necessary only to intend to keep the heart open and serve, and hold, above all, that frequency of the infinite love and light of the one Creator.

May we explain further, my brother? We are those of Q’uo.

R: One other follow-up question, Q’uo. I’m really touched by what you said and this question is somewhat close to the boundary of free will, but I want to ask if one intends to keep the heart open, then is it usual for spiritual seekers or anyone perhaps, to then sense or feel, or if [there is] some sort of inner knowing that one is actually doing it and then the heart is open? I guess I’m asking about either physical sensation or an inner knowing that one is walking on the path.

We are those of Q’uo, and are aware of your query, my brother. In a way, what we are suggesting is a great deal like forming a habit. This instrument has read, in articles about such things, that a habit takes about three weeks to make, or perhaps three weeks to break. Those three weeks seem to be spent in failing to break the habit, wanting not to break the habit, yearning to go back to the old habit, and so forth. Yet, if there is the intention set to break the habit and there is a success in refraining from the behavior of the habit, gradually the mind becomes free to think of other things than the habit. The addiction has been downgraded, as the one known as Ken would say, to a preference. [2] And then the mind is free to take up a positive habit, where before there was a habit of which you did not approve.

We are not saying that this habit of setting the intention and then allowing peace to overcome one takes three weeks to make, but what we are saying is that it is to the patient and determined seeker that the rhythm of life will be given time to work.
https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2010/2010_1113.aspx

RE: How to turn anger in love - Diana - 09-22-2019

(09-20-2019, 11:05 PM)Loki Wrote:

The process of transforming anger is simpler than it sounds. Just don't deny the anger (accept your feelings); allow the anger to take its natural course mentally, not in action (its natural course being erratic, self-promoting, without order); and witness mentally the eventual entropy as the disorganized angry feelings flair and burn themselves out. Because they will if you allow them to express long enough, as the nature of anger is transient and volatile (volatile in the scientific sense). The key is doing it mentally, so as not to infringe on another.

But in order to do this, a level of consciousness and transparency with self must be in place. If there are underlying disconnects with self, such as believing self to be righteous, or a victim, these underlying conditions may skew the exercise.

It's not about forcing self to love others or even self; it's about staying on the path of potential, and conscious intention will be the guide.

The world is full of anger in part because so many humans are relatively asleep to the bigger picture.

RE: How to turn anger in love - Loki - 09-23-2019

Quote:The process of transforming anger is simpler than it sounds. Just don't deny the anger (accept your feelings); allow the anger to take its natural course mentally, not in action (its natural course being erratic, self-promoting, without order); and witness mentally the eventual entropy as the disorganized angry feelings flair and burn themselves out. Because they will if you allow them to express long enough, as the nature of anger is transient and volatile (volatile in the scientific sense). The key is doing it mentally, so as not to infringe on another.

But in order to do this, a level of consciousness and transparency with self must be in place. If there are underlying disconnects with self, such as believing self to be righteous, or a victim, these underlying conditions may skew the exercise.

It's not about forcing self to love others or even self; it's about staying on the path of potential, and conscious intention will be the guide.

The world is full of anger in part because so many humans are relatively asleep to the bigger picture.

Here is the missing link I believe in my understanding. Let anger develop mentally!!! What does this means? I see only two kinds of reaction when angry. The first reaction is to act physically calmly or violently against an abuser.  Second reaction is to shut down your physical reaction and keep anger mental but isn't this what causes effects on your body? Some people scream their way through life with zero level of stress verbally abusing their way around just because they feel like it and others keep everything inside out of consideration for others including the abusers. How is this mental anger developing because in my case it doesn't, it just changes from anger to darker feelings. Instead of fighting for a fairer world just let it go all to hell. How anger evolves mentally and not become sadness or lack of hope which on its own is some kind of evolution?  I want to see anger evolving positively not negatively but in my case never does?
This mental evolution of anger in a positive attitude eludes me even though I know clearly it is my fault primarily because I am sensitive to events which do not concern me and should not really affect me.

(09-21-2019, 06:53 AM)RitaJC Wrote: I'd really suggest you try the Sedona Method.

I have listened to the two videos you posted but they do not help in my case. My anger is not result of the heat of the moment. I do not get illogically angry on people's mistakes.
Incompetence or carelessness do not make me angry because this is what it means to be human. Actually I have a deep compassion for incompetent people struggling beside the gifted ones.

Premeditated abuse in order to reach your goal is what it make me angry.
If you ask me to abuse verbally someone for any reason is unacceptable regardless of what was his mistake. Mistakes could happen and should be unpunished in certain legal limits.
I think the videos apply more to people that get angry in situations that anger is not really reasonable.

My anger is more the result of social injustice and less because I have anger management issue. I just want a society where abusers and vicious pay for their way of interacting with other humans instead of being rewarded for it. And this is the type of catalyst I cannot deal with other than keeping it inside.

RE: How to turn anger in love - Sacred Fool - 09-23-2019

By way of a casual comment, I would note that this sounds like an inside job.  That is, the abuse and the outrage are extrinsic representations of vortiginal areas of such within your self.  It may help to think of this in terms of balancing wisdom with love, power with peace.  For instance, if the imbalances were all internal, you might ask yourself, how might one go about balancing compassion for the abused with love for the abusers?  How might an acceptance of these aspects of self conduce to abiding peace?

In my experience, to avoid such questions is to dodge a substantial resolution of such inward forces.

RE: How to turn anger in love - Diana - 09-23-2019

(09-23-2019, 09:54 AM)Loki Wrote: Here is the missing link I believe in my understanding. Let anger develop mentally!!! What does this means? I see only two kinds of reaction when angry. The first reaction is to act physically calmly or violently against an abuser.  Second reaction is to shut down your physical reaction and keep anger mental but isn't this what causes effects on your body? Some people scream their way through life with zero level of stress verbally abusing their way around just because they feel like it and others keep everything inside out of consideration for others including the abusers. How is this mental anger developing because in my case it doesn't, it just changes from anger to darker feelings. Instead of fighting for a fairer world just let it go all to hell. How anger evolves mentally and not become sadness or lack of hope which on its own is some kind of evolution?  I want to see anger evolving positively not negatively but in my case never does?
This mental evolution of anger in a positive attitude eludes me even though I know clearly it is my fault primarily because I am sensitive to events which do not concern me and should not really affect me.

Here is my take on that particular aspect of anger.

Practice acting, not reacting. Take a pause, such as a deep breath, before reacting to conflicts that arise. Or count to three, or any way of centering yourself. Being reactive is not being conscious. Acting is being conscious—making a conscious choice. Reacting is not a conscious choice—it is simply a response to another's choice.

In this way, by practicing acting and not reacting, you not only pave the way for better use and transformation of anger, you also make more conscious choices.

RE: How to turn anger in love - Ruby - 09-23-2019

Thank you Loki. I love these discussions of practical applications in real life scenarios.

I think Ra's admonishment to lean into anger, to add a few sticks to the fire, suggests that there is nothing wrong with anger itself. It is like rough weather that blows through the emotional landscape. Much like a storm, you do not ask for it and you prefer sun. But it happens, its a part of the structure you occupy at this moment. This you creature reacts to unfairness. You have good company. Jesus lost his s*** in the temple one day. Much good has arisen from people who found cruelty intolerable.

Perhaps the problem with anger is the aftermath, the shame, self loathing, and embarrasment. That's what inflicts the real and lasting damage. So Ra says, turn that anger into a bonfire. Dont bury it, hide it, lie about it, ignore it, drink it into submission or give it undue attention beyond its moment. Ra says own it and forgive yourself. Hey, if full blown sociopaths are moving along that negative path with a spring in their step, surly you and I dont have to apologize for the anger we feel when a dog gets kicked or a nation gets plundered.

<My anger is more the result of social injustice and less because I have anger management issue. I just want a society where abusers and vicious pay for their way of interacting with other humans instead of being rewarded for it.  And this is the type of catalyst I cannot deal with other than keeping it inside.>

(09-23-2019, 04:43 PM)Ruby Wrote: Thank you Loki. I love these discussions of practical applications in real life scenarios.

I think Ra's admonishment to lean into anger, to add a few sticks to the fire, suggests that there is nothing wrong with anger itself. It is like rough weather that blows through the emotional landscape. Much like a storm, you do not ask for it and you prefer sun. But it happens, its a part of the structure you occupy at this moment. This you creature reacts to unfairness.  You have good company. Jesus lost his s*** in the temple one day. Much good has arisen from people who found cruelty intolerable.

Perhaps the problem with anger is the aftermath, the shame, self loathing, and embarrasment. That's what inflicts the real and lasting damage. So Ra says, turn that anger into a bonfire. Dont bury it, hide it, lie about it, ignore it, drink it into submission or give it undue attention beyond its moment. Ra says own it and forgive yourself. Hey, if full blown sociopaths are moving along that negative path with a spring in their step, surly you and I dont have to apologize for the anger we feel when a dog gets kicked or a nation gets plundered.

<My anger is more the result of social injustice and less because I have anger management issue. I just want a society where abusers and vicious pay for their way of interacting with other humans instead of being rewarded for it.  And this is the type of catalyst I cannot deal with other than keeping it inside.>

Hey Ruby thanks for your replay. This make sense finally. I do get embarrassed if I confront an abuser violently but usually I don't confront them and frankly I suspect myself of cowardliness sometimes because I don't. I am aware about my anger I do not blame myself for it but I feel bad having it in me and frustrates the hell out of me. Frustrates me the fact that the world is unfair and the fact that I care. More I carry this anger with me more I isolate myself from others. This idea that it is OK to be yourself regardless of what this means to others do not make me more understanding but rather more distrustful with human race.  From Ra's explanation I understood that there is a way to make something useful out of this anger. But I guess the only thing I could do is accept it and own it.  

Ra doesn't seem to find much value in objectivity and he believe subjectivity is more valuable. From One Creator perspective I do believe  a subjective point of view is more interesting because enriches experience, but from my short life marked by getting old and forgetting everything subjectivity is not a noble stance. Subjectivity for me is somehow related to service to yourself and objectivity to service to others.  

RE: How to turn anger in love - Ruby - 09-23-2019

Ahh, I see; this is a hard thing if it isolates and frustrates you. You are right; it does sound like there might be a way to spin anger into something useful. Maybe someone here will guide us.

I feel you out there Loki. Sometimes I get so confused I just offer the whole thing over: Here is my great mess, my faulty thoughts, my limited vision, my profound desire, my fumbling efforts. Here is my disheveled offering o infinite one.

RE: How to turn anger in love - RitaJC - 09-24-2019

(09-23-2019, 11:00 AM)Loki Wrote:

I have listened to the two videos you posted but they do not help in my case. My anger is not result of the heat of the moment. I do not get illogically angry on people's mistakes.
Incompetence or carelessness do not make me angry because this is what it means to be human. Actually I have a deep compassion for incompetent people struggling beside the gifted ones.

Premeditated abuse in order to reach your goal is what it make me angry.
If you ask me to abuse verbally someone for any reason is unacceptable regardless of what was his mistake. Mistakes could happen and should be unpunished in certain legal limits.
I think the videos apply more to people that get angry in situations that anger is not really reasonable.

My anger is more the result of social injustice and less because I have anger management issue. I just want a society where abusers and vicious pay for their way of interacting with other humans instead of being rewarded for it.  And this is the type of catalyst I cannot deal with other than keeping it inside.

I see and would love to give you more explanation and provide other, more appropriate tools.

But I am a lazy writer. Live call would work better for me.

Drop me a PM if interested.

The invitation is for everybody.

RE: How to turn anger in love - RitaJC - 09-24-2019

(09-23-2019, 08:18 PM)Ruby Wrote: Ahh, I see; this is a hard thing if it isolates and frustrates you.  You are right; it does sound like there might be a way to spin anger into something useful. Maybe someone here will guide us.

I feel you out there Loki. Sometimes I get so confused  I just offer the whole thing over: Here is my great mess, my faulty thoughts, my limited vision, my profound desire, my fumbling efforts. Here is my disheveled offering o infinite one.

And do you realize that YOU ARE the infinite One having a (dream) experience of being something else?

RE: How to turn anger in love - rinzler - 09-25-2019

(09-21-2019, 07:01 AM)Infinite Unity Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 06:40 AM)Loki Wrote: Thank you all for the answers. It is hard to turn the other cheek. My anger appears usually in situations where I witness abuse rather than when I am involved directly. And it is deep calm type of anger where the only effect for outside world is I speak slower and more sarcastic towards the abuser. Seeing the abuser as me I cannot, and I hate myself for being angry and I hate the other for abusing and I feel pity for the victim and I feel the urge to take his side and attack the abuser. But anger is not a good feeling even when you are a calm person.

Understandable, try focusing on what help, or assistance you could provide the One being abused. Connect with your compassion for the abused, over anger towards abuser.

Usually the abuser will honestly be under a similar type of pain that there expressing towards the abused. Trying to turn anger is like trying to turn an emotional river. Only with deep understanding, compassion, and forgiveness, can One do this.

What if you are at the receiving end unable to do anything about it?