Bring4th
Directing Energy - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Directing Energy (/showthread.php?tid=17666)

Directing Energy - Aion - 10-07-2019

Hello friends, I have not made a thread for some time but it has come to me that there may be some benefit to have a discussion on the principles and concept surrounding energy flow, manipulation and control. For those who are not comfortable with terms as such we can call it 'giving direction/instruction'.

'Where thought goes, energy flows.' This is a paraphrase of a quote by James Redfield that one of my teachers used to say and it has always stuck with me as being most profound.

Truly, if you can fully grasp this one statement, you can quickly begin to become conscious of yourself as a being which is first rooted in thought, manifested through active energy. If you understand this one statement, all 'powers' of energies will reveal themselves. However, always beware the intoxication of the siddhis, for they are a side effect and not the true Great Work.

Let us remember that thought is the foundation of reality. The energy of thought functions at a rate and on frequencies far beyond what we experience with our physical apparatus. We must remember thus that the physical apparatus is also energy, it is simple the 'slowest'. The mind always moves first, before a body ever follows it. This is true on a cosmic scale, of the galactic minds and intergalactic consciousnesses.

The mind is always a step ahead.

Thus, to direct energy comes from directing the mind. This is not the same as 'thinking' although that is a rudimentary technique and the first step in learning to direct the mind. Thinking is receiving direction from the unconscious self. Thus, to begin to direct the mind is to make this receiving process more conscious.

If 'thinking' is the passive state of the mind receiving thought, then I would call 'conceiving' as the active state of intentional thought direction and creation. The parallel with male/female synergy and symbolism is intentional, I am hinting at a very deep secret regarding the ancient symbols of the masculine and feminine. This is a unity between the two modes of the mind. An active mind directing itself to receive directly from the unconscious. This is the sun shining upon the moon and reflecting to the earth. This is the divine mother and father in conjoined embrace. This is the king and queen in holy matrimony.

What is birthed we call the intuition. Now, most people know of the intuition in terms of that 'predictive' ability. Or the ability simply 'to know', things may come in to the mind without seeming source or explanation. What this is is an open communication between the manifest and unmanifest self. In otherwords, it is a glimpse in to the 'thought world' where all of our unmanifest souls are going about their business. It is a glimpse in to the reality as it is being formed within thought. This is also true for 'psychic' abilities such as picking up someone's thoughts or 'knowing' something about someone that you have no way of knowing. It is because your unmanifest self already has that information and you have been able to receive it.

Knowing this, we can understand that we exist at our foundation level as our unmanifest self, the 'entirety' of our being. Thus, we can see that our manifest self as a 'projection' or perhaps closer, a condensation of the thoughts existent in our own unmanifest minds.

When you see depictions of astral traveling, it often shows the astral body being 'projected' from the physical body. As though it is an extension of it. I think it is the other way, the physical body is manifested by the astral body. It 'entrains' or synchronizes with the physical body in order to control it directly, but is not always doing so. Hence daydreamers and the like.

Thus, the physical body is actually a creature in the care of the mind. However, as one becomes more conscious of the nature of reality, more things become 'manual'. As you become aware of yourself as a mind generating a body the parasympathetic operations begin to come under conscious control/awareness. Breathing is usually the first thing to become conscious, until eventually the whole system is in awareness. This is often when it is discovered for certain that there is some driving force in the universe, a continuous flow to the energy. You realize that energy is constantly flowing through you, making up your manifest existence. There is a basic rhythm of energy which flows through you.

The question is often, but how? What do I do? What technique?

There is only one technique which takes endless forms and that is the focusing of the attention. Every meditative practice works upon and through this technique. All the multiplicity of mental techniques in the world revolve around this one basic concept. Whether you're focusing on the All or the Void, the same.

We start to discover we have tendencies. We use our attention in certain ways, habitual ways and patterns. All of these ways of using our attention are subtly directing the very path of our lives and of ourselves. Knowledge is useless without directed attention. Wisdom only arises when one pays attention. Love is that very nature of paying attention to something or someone. It all comes down to the connection of fields of consciousness. When there is attention from one field upon another field there is a connection and communication. This is the symbol of the Flower of Life. When there is attention, there is unity of consciousness.

This is why 'low consciousness' is often described as 'distracted', intoxicated, or trapped in an illusion. The attention is scattered and unfocused and thus the energy directed from the unmanifest self to the manifest self is scattered. Other thoughts and energies get drawn in to the focus and the thoughts that thus appear in the physical mind become convoluted.

There is a good reason that a focused mind is described as 'clear and empty', because that is unity of thought, entirely concentrated in to the act of focusing, paying attention. It is remarkable what can be discovered when you become aware and pay attention to the many realities taking place around you.

By that same token, it's amazing what you can miss when your focus is turned away or distracted. This is often a basic condition of humanity.

To get to the heart of the mind you must cut to the silence. To find that clear and empty mind. This doesn't mean ceasing to have thoughts, it is a sudden state of awareness where thoughts no longer are identified as the mind itself but instead are passing forms generated by the flow of energy through the being from the unmanifest self to the manifest self. In a simple form, people might call this 'identifying with the collective unconscious'. Thought thus become 'content' and the mind itself is the actual vehicle.

When you travel and have 'visions', it is just a feedback system. Your mind is the vehicle which is trans-versing realities. What you perceive in your 'mind's eye' is the communication between your manifest and unmanifest self. It is not the actuality of the journey the mind is on. Eventually, you realize that your 'minds eye' is actually your only eye. All that you perceive externally is perceived through the mind's eye.

Thus, when you truly learn to direct the focus of your mind's eye, there is no reality that is closed to you.

Blessings, friends. I hope I did not make that path too winding.

RE: Directing Energy - Nau7ik - 10-07-2019

Thank you Aion! I always value reading what you write. You are wise. Thank you for sharing ~

I recently did two mental exercises: self-awareness and dis-identification. For self awareness one focuses on the awareness of the body, then feelings/emotions, and the thoughts. One takes time to really feel and experience the awareness of the body, mind, and feelings. Then we visualize a spheres to represent these awarenesses which we may tap into whenever we like.

The dis-identification exercise was very interesting! The goal of the exercise is to dis identify from the contents of the personality and the body. “I have a body, but I am not my body.” “I have thoughts, but I am not my thoughts.” Here we experience the fact of those statements which leads us to the realization after being asked: “then ask yourself, who am I?” These were good exercises and I perceived great value in them. Definitely worthy to practice more than once. (It was in The Living Qabalah by Will Parfait.)

RE: Directing Energy - hounsic - 10-07-2019

Thanks for sharing this Aion, deep thoughts to ponder.

RE: Directing Energy - Cainite - 10-07-2019

Reading this gave me some stillness + concentration. interesting

RE: Directing Energy - Sacred Fool - 10-07-2019

(10-07-2019, 02:49 AM)Aion Wrote: Hello friends, I have not made a thread for some time but it has come to me that there may be some benefit to have a discussion on the principles and concept surrounding energy flow, manipulation and control.

Nice wind up, but I'm still waiting for the delivery in terms of a discussion in practical terms.  What's it good for?  Where can it take one?  How to put it into operation?

By way of calling your hand, my thoughts are going along lines of practical application.  Let's see what information/energy flows now............... 

<playful grin>

RE: Directing Energy - Aion - 10-07-2019

(10-07-2019, 11:47 AM)peregrine Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 02:49 AM)Aion Wrote: Hello friends, I have not made a thread for some time but it has come to me that there may be some benefit to have a discussion on the principles and concept surrounding energy flow, manipulation and control.

Nice wind up, but I'm still waiting for the delivery in terms of a discussion in practical terms.  What's it good for?  Where can it take one?  How to put it into operation?

By way of calling your hand, my thoughts are going along lines of practical application.  Let's see what information/energy flows now............... 

<playful grin>

I'm not here to tell you what to do with the concepts.

Everyone is driven by their own desires, so what people may want to engage in will be completely unique.

For myself, for all practical purposes, the use of these concepts pertain to self-knowledge, knowing myself and becoming more aware of myself. It strongly revolves around my health as well as I frequently use these techniques to manage physical and mental difficulties. It has to do with self-connection, bringing the different aspects of myself in to communication and cooperation. Self-awareness is its own purpose. I desire to know myself deeply.

So, if you are looking for 'magical techniques' to 'produce results' then alas I am not sure that's what I am offering here.

What I discuss is work upon the quality of the being, not upon the quantitative world.

As I said, there is only one technique. Focusing your attention. What's it good for? Focusing the attention. What is it used for? Focusing the attention.

Where can it take you? It takes you where you focus.

You could say I am attempting to cut the Gordian Knot on the concept.

So my question for you would be, what do you do with your energy?

RE: Directing Energy - Aion - 10-07-2019

(10-07-2019, 09:05 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: Thank you Aion! I always value reading what you write. You are wise. Thank you for sharing ~

I recently did two mental exercises: self-awareness and dis-identification. For self awareness one focuses on the awareness of the body, then feelings/emotions, and the thoughts. One takes time to really feel and experience the awareness of the body, mind, and feelings. Then we visualize a spheres to represent these awarenesses which we may tap into whenever we like.

The dis-identification exercise was very interesting! The goal of the exercise is to dis identify from the contents of the personality and the body. “I have a body, but I am not my body.” “I have thoughts, but I am not my thoughts.” Here we experience the fact of those statements which leads us to the realization after being asked: “then ask yourself, who am I?” These were good exercises and I perceived great value in them. Definitely worthy to practice more than once. (It was in The Living Qabalah by Will Parfait.)

Very reminiscent of certain Buddhist concepts.

The Heart Sutra

The Insight that Brings Us to the Other Shore

Avalokiteshvara
while practicing deeply with
the Insight that Brings Us to the Other Shore,
suddenly discovered that
all of the five Skandhas are equally empty,
and with this realisation
he overcame all Ill-being.

“Listen Sariputra,
this Body itself is Emptiness
and Emptiness itself is this Body.
This Body is not other than Emptiness
and Emptiness is not other than this Body.
The same is true of Feelings,
Perceptions, Mental Formations,
and Consciousness.

“Listen Sariputra,
all phenomena bear the mark of Emptiness;
their true nature is the nature of
no Birth no Death,
no Being no Non-being,
no Defilement no Purity,
no Increasing no Decreasing.

“That is why in Emptiness,
Body, Feelings, Perceptions,
Mental Formations and Consciousness
are not separate self entities.

The Eighteen Realms of Phenomena
which are the six Sense Organs,
the six Sense Objects,
and the six Consciousnesses
are also not separate self entities.

The Twelve Links of Interdependent Arising
and their Extinction
Ill-being, the Causes of Ill-being,
the End of Ill-being, the Path,
insight and attainment,

Whoever can see this
no longer needs anything to attain.

Bodhisattvas who practice
the Insight that Brings Us to the Other Shore
see no more obstacles in their mind,
and because there
are no more obstacles in their mind,
they can overcome all fear,
destroy all wrong perceptions
and realize Perfect Nirvana.

“All Buddhas in the past, present and future
by practicing
are all capable of attaining
Authentic and Perfect Enlightenment.

“Therefore Sariputra,
it should be known that
is a Great Mantra,
the most illuminating mantra,
the highest mantra,
a mantra beyond compare,
the True Wisdom that has the power
to put an end to all kinds of suffering.
Therefore let us proclaim
a mantra to praise
the Insight that Brings Us to the Other Shore.

Gate, Gate, Paragate, Parasamgate, Bodhi Svaha!
Gate, Gate, Paragate, Parasamgate, Bodhi Svaha!
Gate, Gate, Paragate, Parasamgate, Bodhi Svaha!”

Translated by Thich Nhat Hanh

https://plumvillage.org/news/thich-nhat-hanh-new-heart-sutra-translation/