Bring4th
Meditation - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Meditation (/showthread.php?tid=17676)

Meditation - NegaNova - 10-08-2019

So, I know that Ra, Q'uo, and all the STO entities recommend again and again silent meditation as a way of allowing the Infinite Creator to flow through us, thus lightening our vibration as well as the planet's.
I've begun meditating again lately, and moving between praying for the healing of the world, and now beginning to do silent meditations.... does anyone have any suggestions as to how to successfully do this?  I often feel like I'm becoming at least somewhat quieter than normal... but that's as far as it goes... I don't feel too much different besides being aware that my mind and body have slowed down a bit... but how do I take it further to achieve that which Q'uo notes as the goal of silent meditation?

For a reference, this was quoted from Q'uo, February 8, 2009

"Question from L: Is it possible to achieve a level of vibration with meditation to attract the help of a particular discarnate teacher? Or is meditation a practice best worked on alone?

(Carla channeling)

We are those known to you as Q’uo. Greetings in the love and in the light of the one infinite Creator, in whose service we come to you this day. We thank this group for inviting us to join your circle of seeking, which you have created as a measure of your own seeking of the truth.

It is our pleasure to speak to the question of the one known as L. As always, we ask that you employ your powers of discrimination, listening to what we have to say with a careful ear for resonance. When thoughts resonate to you, use them by all means. That is why we offer them. Yet when they do not, and surely some will miss their mark, we would greatly appreciate your leaving them behind. In this way we may preserve your free will and the integrity of your process. We thank you for this consideration.

It is our particular pleasure to speak upon the subject of meditation, for this practice is the strait way to the acceleration of a seeker’s rate of spiritual evolution.

Meditation is seemingly a simple matter. The entity stops looking outward, stops responding to the outer environment and even stops attending to his own thoughts as far as following those thoughts and analyzing their content, or chewing through various processions of thoughts. In meditation, such thoughts are seen as noise rather than signal and allowed to rise and fall as they will, without the mind of the meditator being activated.

That would seem to be the entire activity of meditation, closing out the outer world, entering the inner world, leaving the world of words and voices and issues and entering the world without voices, without words and without issues.

However, meditation is much more than entering the silence, for there can be a silence of mind which simply indicates boredom. Silences within the space/time world may not offer anything except a quick exit into sleep. However, silence is a key that opens the door into time/space. Silence is the transit between the world of the mind and the world of consciousness.

The mind of space/time is handy and useful for many things within your outer world. It is not useful for becoming more aware of one’s own deeper nature. It is not a good tool with which to investigate the world of spirit. People will often think of the mind and of consciousness as one and the same thing. However, we would differentiate between them. The mind is a space/time mechanism, whereas consciousness is a time/space phenomenon.

Now, as one goes into meditation, one is seeking to enter one’s own consciousness. That consciousness dwells in undistorted form at the heart of your being. It is a faculty which you share with all other sentient beings upon planet Earth. Indeed, in its ultimate sense, it is that which is shared by all aspects of the universe whatsoever, for it is the consciousness that we would call the “Logos” or that one original Thought of love.

This is the value of meditation: that it moves you from mind to consciousness and from the surface of consciousness gradually deeper and deeper into the essence of that one great original Thought of love.

Further, when you are in meditation, you are vibrating in congruity with all others who have attained your particular present level of consciousness. Therefore, the state of consciousness is a powerful one and is that which becomes more and more powerful as one is able to allow the process of meditation to clarify and simplify that self-perception of consciousness, so that it gains more and more of the characteristics of that one great original Thought of unconditional love.

The goal of meditation, then, is to create the progressive increase of awareness of one’s true nature as a being of love. It is an awareness, or a complex of awarenesses, that can be sustained to a degree when you open your eyes and come out of meditation and reenter the noisy world of the everyday."

RE: Meditation - Nau7ik - 10-08-2019

The only advice I can really give is this: practice practice practice! Be diligent in your meditational practice. Make it a daily thing. Set aside time each day at a certain time and resolve to meditate.

There are some techniques you can use to more fully enter into the silence, such as following the breath. Focus your attention on your breath. I prefer to breath rhythmically in meditation, which goes 4-2-4-2. Breath in for 4, hold for two, exhale for 4, hold for 2, repeat.

When your mind begins to wander, and you perceive it to be wandering, gently redirect your attention back to the breath. Continue doing this.

Your mind and body will achieve a deeper level of meditation by persistently following the breath because you are focusing your awareness/concentration. Eventually we will be able to achieve Samadhi, one-pointed concentration. But this takes practice. It is not usually accomplished overnight. (Surely it’s possible but I would say very few entities have that ability from the get-go.)

I was inspired to start meditating from reading the Q’uo channelings a few years ago. Q’uo is wonderful. They give sound advice.

RE: Meditation - kristina - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 09:23 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: The only advice I can really give is this: practice practice practice! Be diligent in your meditational practice. Make it a daily thing. Set aside time each day at a certain time and resolve to meditate.

There are some techniques you can use to more fully enter into the silence, such as following the breath. Focus your attention on your breath. I prefer to breath rhythmically in meditation, which goes 4-2-4-2. Breath in for 4, hold for two, exhale for 4, hold for 2, repeat.

When your mind begins to wander, and you perceive it to be wandering, gently redirect your attention back to the breath. Continue doing this.

Your mind and body will achieve a deeper level of meditation by persistently following the breath because you are focusing your awareness/concentration. Eventually we will be able to achieve Samadhi, one-pointed concentration. But this takes practice. It is not usually accomplished overnight. (Surely it’s possible but I would say very few entities have that ability from the get-go.)

I was inspired to start meditating from reading the Q’uo channelings a few years ago. Q’uo is wonderful. They give sound advice.

Quote:There are some techniques you can use to more fully enter into the silence, such as following the breath. Focus your attention on your breath. I prefer to breath rhythmically in meditation, which goes 4-2-4-2. Breath in for 4, hold for two, exhale for 4, hold for 2, repeat.
This is a very effective practice. I was introduced to a breathing exercise in an In The Now episode that is similar to this and I have used every since. I have also read where Nau7ik has posted this particular breathing exercise and have tried it with really good results. I do not meditate like I should but I do meditate a couple times a week to recharge my batteries and to balance my energies. In my personal opinion, the moment you consider making your meditations thoughtful, loving and kind toward Mother Earth or another being, it is done! As to me, intention is everything especially when we set our intention toward loving kindness. I don't see how more perfect one could be....using love and will in a meditation! The Q'uote was nice to read and a lovely reminder as to why a spiritual person desires to meditate; to contact and be with that which is within!

RE: Meditation - Cainite - 10-08-2019

The challenge is doing it by not doing it. letting go not being attached to thoughts that come up.

It's not an intelectual thing, it's emotional. feel your way into it..

It's all about achieving stillness, letting go of thoughts, body, and what you regard as self

Stillness can be achieved by following the breath, getting distracted but alawys coming back to it. ride the breathe

decide which kind of breathing feels best at that time and do it. stay with it, thoughts will come, dont be afraid! watch them be the visitor not the owner of the mind, u dong have to clean anything up..

if you can stay with the breath long enough then jhanas will be experienecd and it will feel incredible. much better than sex. the first stage of bliss is this deep satisfaction and euphoria in your breath (solar plexus area usually)

then you will have no trouble remaining still, and let go. because that bliss will draw you in and you wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

counting the breath in rhythms will help you remain with the breath and have sth to remain attached to so you wouldn't feel that much need to get attached to the rising thoguhts.

but slowly u let go of that too when the time is right in meditation,

Mantras can be used instead of the counting. introduce pauses and lenghten the pauses between numbers or the words in the mantra as you progress. in the silences in between those pauses you will have ''mindfulness''

after your first success, you will become attached to all the bliss and peace. and also the shadow self comes up. so you will feel down and won't e able to achieve that bliss again for a while... that's very normal and indicative of success

RE: Meditation - RitaJC - 10-09-2019

There are many ways of meditating. Our current mind/body are all different and unique. There's nothing that is effective for everyone of them.

The long sitting still never really worked for me. One that involves appreciating beauty that I perceive in the moment and/or movement (chanting, walking, dancing, exercising, cooking, cleaning etc.) have always been much more effective for me.

And the One Second Meditation was just perfect to bring me into a constant state of meditation no matter what the activity/inactivity level

RE: Meditation - Sacred Fool - 10-09-2019

(10-08-2019, 06:18 AM)NegaNova Wrote: So, I know that Ra, Q'uo, and all the STO entities recommend again and again silent meditation as a way of allowing the Infinite Creator to flow through us, thus lightening our vibration as well as the planet's.
I've begun meditating again lately, and moving between praying for the healing of the world, and now beginning to do silent meditations.... does anyone have any suggestions as to how to successfully do this?  I often feel like I'm becoming at least somewhat quieter than normal... but that's as far as it goes... I don't feel too much different besides being aware that my mind and body have slowed down a bit... but how do I take it further to achieve that which Q'uo notes as the goal of silent meditation?

Perhaps it would help to highlight some of the passages in the quote you chose?

Quo Wrote:In meditation, such thoughts are seen as noise rather than signal and allowed to rise and fall as they will, without the mind of the meditator being activated.

You might find it helpful to not use your mind to pray for world peace nor use it to quiet itself, but to try to leave the realm of using thoughts for purposes of any sort.  Rather, consider the concept of thoughts being separate from the mind, that is, occurring without engaging the mind.  This seems puzzling at first, and that's because the pathway forward is orthogonal to the binary you mention above (noisy versus quiet).  It's neither.  If you can, passively step out orthogonally (like the Fool over the cliff, if you will) into space There you'll find the ability to tune in to a narrower band of frequencies: what Q'uo refers to as Time/Space.

So, how can you do this passively?  Well, that's the part you need to learn.  And you learn to do so by trusting helping forces to guide you in your quest.  But don't expect them to address your mind and tell you how to be active.  Don't be active.  Wait.  Release your mind from duty and wait for your own deeper self to guide you over that cliff into the place which is yours where Spirit will meet you...not meet your mind, but that part of your consciousness which waits to be discovered.....

Quo Wrote:Silence is the transit between the world of the mind and the world of consciousness.

The silence allows you the poise to take that turn from the mind going right, left, right, left to projecting it in a theretofore unknown direction through the looking glass, so to say.

Quo Wrote:Now, as one goes into meditation, one is seeking to enter one’s own consciousness. That consciousness dwells in undistorted form at the heart of your being. It is a faculty which you share with all other sentient beings upon planet Earth. Indeed, in its ultimate sense, it is that which is shared by all aspects of the universe whatsoever, for it is the consciousness that we would call the “Logos” or that one original Thought of love.

This is the value of meditation: that it moves you from mind to consciousness and from the surface of consciousness gradually deeper and deeper into the essence of that one great original Thought of love.

About this I would just say that, once you find your way into the realm of Spirit, there are myriad other places you will discover before can rest in the heart of self.  And these other places, by and large, are simply projections of your work in Spirit left undone pertaining to blockages, and all that jolly personal stuff.
I wish you good fortune along your sacred journey.