Bring4th
Quantum Bogodynamics: why equipment fails and people behave mindlessly - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Quantum Bogodynamics: why equipment fails and people behave mindlessly (/showthread.php?tid=17708)

Quantum Bogodynamics: why equipment fails and people behave mindlessly - Asolsutsesvyl - 10-28-2019

An old joke among nerds is that of "quantum bogodynamics" as an explanation for why things often mysteriously go wrong, both technically and among people.

The idea is that an invisible particle called the "bogon", a little bit like the photon - and its antiparticle, the "cluon" - is involved in a quantum-mechanical dance in which bogon sources exert an invisible, harmful influence, and that which successfully counteracts it amounts to filtering out the bogons. Sources of cluons can also make for a striking change for the better, in ways difficult to otherwise account for.

From the entry in The Jargon File:
http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/Q/quantum-bogodynamics.html Wrote:quantum bogodynamics ...

A theory that characterizes the universe in terms of bogon sources (such as politicians, used-car salesmen, TV evangelists, and suits in general), bogon sinks (such as taxpayers and computers), and bogosity potential fields. Bogon absorption, of course, causes human beings to behave mindlessly and machines to fail (and may also cause both to emit secondary bogons); however, the precise mechanics of the bogon-computron interaction are not yet understood and remain to be elucidated. Quantum bogodynamics is most often invoked to explain the sharp increase in hardware and software failures in the presence of suits; the latter emit bogons, which the former absorb. [...]

Here is a representative QBD theory: The bogon is a boson (integral spin, +1 or -1), and has zero rest mass. In this respect it is very much like a photon. However, it has a much greater momentum, thus explaining its destructive effect on computer electronics and human nervous systems. The corollary to this is that bogons also have tremendous inertia, and therefore a bogon beam is deflected only with great difficulty. When the bogon encounters its antiparticle, the cluon, they mutually annihilate each other, releasing magic smoke. [...]

RE: Quantum Bogodynamics: why equipment fails and people behave mindlessly - Kaaron - 10-28-2019

Sounds like a scientific definition of distorting light to ones will?

RE: Quantum Bogodynamics: why equipment fails and people behave mindlessly - Asolsutsesvyl - 10-29-2019

While it simplifies away everything except the idea of a negative force with some general characteristics, you could think of higher-density STS psychic attacks in terms of bogon beams, usually aimed at people in a precise way.

But more generally, and apart from things having to do with narrowly directed activity, the idea of bogon fields and beams relate to everything bogus (in a certain sense) in the minds of people and propagated by bogus people. The same would apply in higher densities.

That is, people (and higher-D) with a vested interest in maintaining a falsified version of reality and sucking others into its sphere of influence are bogon sources. A mainstream joke somewhat related to this is that of Steve Jobs' personal "reality distortion field". Of course, that kind of thing comes into play very generally in the corporate worlds, and politics, and wherever PR plays a large part.

RE: Quantum Bogodynamics: why equipment fails and people behave mindlessly - Asolsutsesvyl - 03-16-2020

In Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, there's a mention of "bogon" which happens to fit (as also mentioned by the site I linked to).

When Arthur Dent first hears of the Vogons who destroyed Earth after escaping the demolition with his non-Earthly friend Ford, he mishears and thinks they are called "Bogons".

The Vogons are described as heartless, small-minded, and bureaucratic. When space-time anomalies prevent the Earth from being destroyed in all timelines, in later books, the middling Vogon commander in charge of the demolition stops at nothing to be able to finally cross off an item on his personal to-do list with grim satisfaction.

Vogons like mindless destruction, stomping around in uniforms and shouting at others, and torturing people with their poetry. Slug-like in appearance, their success is described as miraculous in view of how evolution seems to have given up on them.

RE: Quantum Bogodynamics: why equipment fails and people behave mindlessly - Asolsutsesvyl - 03-16-2020

Gurdjieff also wrote something related to bogon sources in his book Life Is Real Only Then, When 'I Am', in a passage concerning some prominent types of celebrities:
Quote:...those who in the opinion of the majority of the contemporary people are "known" and "famous" and, in my opinion, ... on account of the abnormal life of their ancestors as well as their own, represent nothing more than the types who in the period of Babylonian civilization were designated as "moving sources of an evil radiation"...

RE: Quantum Bogodynamics: why equipment fails and people behave mindlessly - Asolsutsesvyl - 08-20-2020

In my mind, this whole topic is a more light-hearted version of the kind of things e.g. Montalk describe in the article "Wising Up to Alien Interference".

As in, a more light-hearted way of thinking about psychic battles, not only overt ones but especially things in the background or which seem like fluctuations in the environment. What 4D STS beings work hard to do is like playing a game in which the goal is to use the smallest number of psychic "balls" to knock down as many targets as possible. One good throw, or however it's done, and a fragile human network may disintegrate...

Montalk Wrote:Break up of Networks

The most common and most serious form of interference is the breaking up of networks, and friendships, relationships. I've seen how people are profiled for their weaknesses and then played against each other in very precise ways to create the maximum amount of damage. I saw this happen all the time on the Noble Realms forum that I ran for several years. That forum was a constant target of disruptions because it was a fringe sanctuary of sorts and a lot of good came from it. But people were being targeted left and right. One guy left the forum for a while because he was so spooked at his own overreactions, you know, by the sensation of being overcome by an external psychic pressure.

From what I could tell, some external force was profiling members, scanning them for their weaknesses, who held what interests, who had what buttons and ego sensitivities and so on. This force could also see the near future and tell when certain people would be at their low points, which I noticed tended to correlate with lunar and biorhythm cycles. So it would pick the weakest people and start working them over, possibly even through abduction, so that at their weakest time they could be pressured into carrying out a certain act, into saying something that had a very strategically calculated effect. One thing then triggers another and the end result would be a permanent ruin of important friendships and great damage to my credibility and reputation as well.

But I caught onto this and got better and better at heading it off. Like I would get precognitive dreams and other indicators that would let me know who would be the problem, what the issue would be about, and roughly when it would occur. That allowed me to make some prescient moderator moves that prevented about half of these incidences from coming to fruition. People who didn't have the inside scoop were pretty mystified at my moderation style, but little did they know that an invisible war was happening behind the scenes. This allowed me to keep the forum running for a good four years before I had to move onto other things.

Montalk's exciting personal anecdote brings to mind much more general, less intensely dramatic stuff which happens in a great many places, including here. I've seen how, from time to time, a great collective emotional storm has erupted on this forum, leading to a portion of members being driven away. One in my time, a few more before I got active.

I actually had such things in mind when I started this thread, but back then I had the view that writing about it like this goes too much against the grain of the overall tone and interests here. But times (and assumptions!) change, and I'm not alone in being interested in such topics, so here goes...