Bring4th
Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans (/showthread.php?tid=17756)

Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - AnthroHeart - 11-22-2019

If I tune into a picture of a talisman or crystal and use that energy to help me, is that stealing?
Do I need to own the talisman?

There is a talisman I want to buy, and will next month.
But I have tuned into it and have used it to help me.

It is this talisman here:

[Image: chakraencased-withoutpackaging-3_4.jpg]

Found here: https://www.vajrasecrets.com/vajrapani-chakra

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - Aion - 11-23-2019

I don't really think you get the same effect from tuning in to something visually than having something tangible in your hand. I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me, but that's my personal experience.

You're not really tuning in to 'the energy of the talisman' if you're looking at a picture of it, you're more tuning in to your own impression of the talisman, there is a difference.

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - kristina - 11-23-2019

(11-23-2019, 06:01 AM)Aion Wrote: I don't really think you get the same effect from tuning in to something visually than having something tangible in your hand. I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me, but that's my personal experience.

You're not really tuning in to 'the energy of the talisman' if you're looking at a picture of it, you're more tuning in to your own impression of the talisman, there is a difference.

I agree

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - Nau7ik - 11-23-2019

You will need to make your own. Making it yourself adds a special charge to it. It will be tuned into your energy.

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - AnthroHeart - 11-23-2019

Making my own sounds like a good idea. Though could I possibly charge it with as much power as a Tibetan Lama or senior Tibetan monks?
I have a special fondness for Tibetan spirituality and things.
And I'm not Tibetan.

(11-23-2019, 11:16 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: Making my own sounds like a good idea. Though could I possibly charge it with as much power as a Tibetan Lama or senior Tibetan monks?
And I'm not Tibetan.

I was very in to Tibetan Buddhism and especially the practice of Dzogchen. The part that makes their Buddhism "Tibetan" is its fusion with the indigenous tradition of Bon, which is where Dzogchen comes from. There's nothing wrong with being interested and working with the symbols of other cultures as long as you respect and appreciate the sacredness of the practice. Dzogchen is where I first understood the nature of Unity, the "Great Perfection".

It's a bit of a misnomer for a talisman to be charged with 'power', as power is entirely dependent on an individual's USE or expression of energy. What is probably more accurate is they are charged with IDEAS and EMOTIONS and these are then reflected in the consciousness of the user by empathy, thus creating an entrancement loop between the individual and the object whereby there actually becomes a channel between the individual using and the creator of the talisman.

So, a talisman is really a bridge between two consciousnesses, either two earthly consciousnesses or an earthly consciousness and a divine consciousness.

This is where the different 'grades' of magic start to come in to play. A talisman can be charged with many different intents, both good and bad, and they are a reflection of the mind of creator. What might make a Tibetan talisman powerful isn't 'power' but the purity and genuineness behind the creation, the prayers and the intent. Most Tibetan Buddhists call to and imbue Talismans with the ideas of divinity and enlightenment/compassion and therein lies their 'power'. There are many deities in the Tibetan Buddhist system which thus means when you have a 'real' Tibetan talisman you're actually tapping in to the 'egregore' of the Tibetan Buddhists (whichever sect they come from, cause there's more than one) and connecting with whatever deities they are utilizing.

So, more important is to be clear in your intent and know what exactly you want to imbue the Talisman with. Purity of intent and genuine prayer/calling are key.

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - AnthroHeart - 11-23-2019

I went to a Buddhist center today. I could feel the love and the atmosphere felt overwhelming.
Then I realized I had not taken my psych meds.
I was opening too fast over the last 10-15 years.
So I'm going to slow down and explore the teachings of Buddha.
The energy work I've done in releasing resistance helped me to this point.
But it's just now making me too sensitive.
So I don't know if a talisman would be a good idea. I don't need more spiritual power or ability.
I must have looked crazy and immature there.
I felt like the least spiritual person there.

(11-23-2019, 05:44 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: I went to a Buddhist center today. I could feel the love and the atmosphere felt overwhelming.
Then I realized I had not taken my psych meds.
I was opening too fast over the last 10-15 years.
So I'm going to slow down and explore the teachings of Buddha.
The energy work I've done in releasing resistance helped me to this point.
But it's just now making me too sensitive.
So I don't know if a talisman would be a good idea. I don't need more spiritual power or ability.
I must have looked crazy and immature there.
I felt like the least spiritual person there.

Perhaps for you Wisdom is a good aspect to explore at this time. From what I've understood the best way to approach Buddhism is from the 'bottom up'. That is to say start by looking at and studying the Hinayana school, that which pertains to individual enlightenment. Then after some time and reflection you move on to the Mahayana school which deals with bringing light to all. Then eventually some move to the Vajrayana school, the esoteric inner teachings. Some stay and practice the first two for their whole lives, which is also perfectly fine.

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - Kaaron - 11-23-2019

If you make your own, you can program it with your intention n know what you're dealing with.
It's all within and you seem to have an understanding of this.
I found meditation whilst walking on a beach, or around trees, works.
I'm led to sticks n stones. You may find something that is perfectly placed for YOU!
I've found it's a good way of opening to nature...as well as getting messages from the all.
To me, it's personal and more valuable than relying on another's connection to all that is. It's like BEING your own inspiration and faith.
It's ok to find support from others and more power to those on this path.
You seem quite self aware, so I'd suggest rolling with your own intention n just do what feels right.
It might be a clump of moss...something that will lead you to the next item or idea.
Just let it be n don't expect anything.
Sometimes the most dull objects...lead you to the grandest of realizations.

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - Aion - 11-24-2019

I have a large collection of sticks, rocks and other assortments I use to create magical device. I agree, go out in nature and let it speak to you.

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - Tae - 11-24-2019

It's a cool necklace, buy it if you want, looks pretty easy to make, it's not inappropriately or exploitively priced because of its 'mystic properties', buying supports a monastery. I think the only thing you've connected with is the image which is of a classic meditation design, not an actual talisman you're stealing mystic energy from. To be honest I thought about buying one of those once I searched yours to see where it came from (but of a different color design), I like the look of it.

The closest thing I have to a talisman is the stick I use for poking the smoke alarm when it goes off inappropriately. At one point in my life I visited a grove which is deceptively, a single enormous twisted aspen tree, and asked that tree if I could have a piece of wood but that I did not want to hurt it to get a bit, and promptly found that stick on the ground. So I kept it. Like I have crystals and whatever, but this branch came to me in response to a request from nature, and that has power to it. So I use it to poke things I can't reach. Truly a waste of its sacred energy, but... we need what we need, yo.

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - Nau7ik - 11-24-2019

(11-23-2019, 11:16 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: Making my own sounds like a good idea. Though could I possibly charge it with as much power as a Tibetan Lama or senior Tibetan monks?
And I'm not Tibetan.

Yes you can charge it. The very creating of the talisman by your own hands is focusing your mind on that act. While crafting it, keep in mind your intentions for it. Others here may be able to give more detailed information on exactly how you charge the talisman. This isn’t something I’m very knowledgeable on so I don’t want to give wrong info.

Trust me, there will be “something” about it when you’re finished. I made an earth pentacle 10 years ago when I was barely just starting to spiritually seek. I created it from my own hands: cut the wood, sanded it, bought paint and painted it according to the appropriate design and colors. To this day, there’s this “something” about it, like a magnetic charge almost.

When you’re done concentrate it in Love and Light, only to be used in the knowing of the self and the service to others.

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - Kaaron - 11-24-2019

(11-24-2019, 09:33 AM)Nau7ik Wrote:
And I'm not Tibetan.

Yes you can charge it. The very creating of the talisman by your own hands is focusing your mind on that act. While crafting it, keep in mind your intentions for it. Others here may be able to give more detailed information on exactly how you charge the talisman. This isn’t something I’m very knowledgeable on so I don’t want to give wrong info.

Trust me, there will be “something” about it when you’re finished. I made an earth pentacle 10 years ago when I was barely just starting to spiritually seek. I created it from my own hands: cut the wood, sanded it, bought paint and painted it according to the appropriate design and colors. To this day, there’s this “something” about it, like a magnetic charge almost.

When you’re done concentrate it in Love and Light, only to be used in the knowing of the self and the service to others.
This is what I do.
It's a type of meditation.
I see myself as a vessel...I ask that my higher self embody me and inspire united, gracious thoughts. I remember I am behind a veil but intend for the balance and unified Oneness, to imbue the talisman with the essence of all that is.
Most times...I will go on a journey as I merge with my guides and am shown whatever is meant to be shown to me.
The result...is the talisman. The energy you channel looking for it...or crafting it...is what charges it.
Your intent and focus on the most loving, balanced gratitude...well that's my way.
The intent is a very personal thing.
The journey and reason for doing it...is what gives it it's power, IMO.

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - AnthroHeart - 11-25-2019

Online I found that this is supposed to be the most powerful Buddhist talisman
according to a site I found.
It's a Vajrapani ruel. They are very rare and not really for sale.

Without judging it or making a conclusion on it at first,
it feels very intense to me. I feel it busting through blockages.
So I'm going to use the image of it, which is very intense to me.
Vajrapani symbolizes Buddha's power.

[Image: vajrapani-ruel.jpg]

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - AnthroHeart - 11-25-2019

This is a Quan Yin talisman. The Buddha of compassion.

It is much softer energy than the Vajrapani one.

[Image: chakraencased-withoutpackaging-5_1.jpg]

RE: Question on Using Pictures of Talismans - AnthroHeart - 11-29-2019

Here is a talisman for Lama Tsongkhapa.
He is known as the second Buddha.
He is the emanation of Buddha's Compassion, Power and Wisdom.
I was told this of all their talismans is the best one for seeking enlightenment.
When I tune into it, it feels the same as a drawing of Lama Tsongkhapa.

[Image: chakraencased-withoutpackaging-3_3.jpg][Image: banner44-1000x500.jpg]

This is his mantra:

MIG-MEY TZE-WEY TER-CHEN CHENREZIG
DRI-MEY KHYEN-PI WANG-PO JAMPAL YANG
DU-PUNG MA-LU JOM-DZEY SANG-WEY DAG
GANG-CHEN KE-PEY TSUG-GYEN TSONGKHAPA
LO-SANG TRAG-PEY SHAB-LA SOL-WA DEB

https://www.vajrasecrets.com/lama-tsongkhapa-chakra