Bring4th
Do you have to fully commit to one path? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Do you have to fully commit to one path? (/showthread.php?tid=17801)

Do you have to fully commit to one path? - AnthroHeart - 12-07-2019

I talked to a couple of people at a Buddhist center, and asked if I could take teachings from Buddhism and some of my own beliefs I learn elsewhere,
and they said that it's like playing a musical instrument. You commit to one path, and don't pick up other teachings.

So does each person find their unique path?

To become a Bodhisattva and help others reach enlightenment after myself, do I only focus on Buddha's teachings?

Because there are differences between that and the Law of One.

Like Buddhism doesn't discuss densities. Nor the Source/Quantum Field. Nor becoming light from what I've seen.

I've meditated on releasing resistance for 10-15 years.

In a Buddhism meditation he said the throat chakra was red, the guy who taught the class of 4 of us.

Can I reach enlightenment/liberation on my own, or must I let go of anything that disagrees with Buddhism?

What's working for me isn't really proven out in the world. I don't hear of others doing things the way I do them.

Like I built psychic tasting, and I use that sometimes to help me too. I hear that's rare.

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - RitaJC - 12-08-2019

I don't know if choosing just one set of teachings is right for you or not.

But I can say (after more than 40 years on the quest for Truth) that it never was for me

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - Nau7ik - 12-08-2019

I have personally found that committing to one path is very helpful to our spiritual development and progress. I had also attested this, for example with my Tarot study. You can ask @Kristina, she’s been studying with me. We had first started off studying the Tarot keys using the information in Book 4 of the Ra Material. This was good until we got to 8-22. There is very little information on those archetypes in the Ra Material. So I started studying Tarot under the Qabalah. I felt that we were confusing our study by trying to study two different sets of images, so I committed to the Hermetic Qabalah. I use the teachings of the BOTA, Paul Foster Case, and the HOLY Tree of Life to study Tarot and the results are fantastic. I am getting a deeper understanding of these archetypal concepts.

Trust me I did not want to let go of the studying Book 4 of the Ra Material. I resisted it for a long time, but now that I have finally committed, I can see the wisdom in that choice. You are focusing your seeking by committing to one path. “A jack of all trades is master of none.”

We need to learn and master one system, then we can work with other systems. Ra also tells us that we must commit to one system of archetypal study for real progress to be made. I have heard this repeated from wise spiritual teachers.

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - RitaJC - 12-08-2019

(12-08-2019, 09:46 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: I have personally found that committing to one path is very helpful to our spiritual development and progress. I had also attested this, for example with my Tarot study. You can ask @Kristina, she’s been studying with me. We had first started off studying the Tarot keys using the information in Book 4 of the Ra Material. This was good until we got to 8-22. There is very little information on those archetypes in the Ra Material. So I started studying Tarot under the Qabalah. I felt that we were confusing our study by trying to study two different sets of images, so I committed to the Hermetic Qabalah. I use the teachings of the BOTA, Paul Foster Case, and the HOLY Tree of Life to study Tarot and the results are fantastic. I am getting a deeper understanding of these archetypal concepts.

Trust me I did not want to let go of the studying Book 4 of the Ra Material. I resisted it for a long time, but now that I have finally committed, I can see the wisdom in that choice. You are focusing your seeking by committing to one path. “A jack of all trades is master of none.”

We need to learn and master one system, then we can work with other systems. Ra also tells us that we must commit to one system of archetypal study for real progress to be made. I have heard this repeated from wise spiritual teachers.

BTW: the FULL saying is "Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." Smile

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - Asolsutsesvyl - 12-08-2019

Personally, I don't think that the paths offered by mainstream religions are all that useful in themselves. That's the perspective after long study of more esoteric ideas. A main dividing line is between those who are happy with the standard version of religious teachings, and those who are into the more esoteric varieties. As noted by various people who have looked further than I have into esoteric versions of religions, the paths and the structure of the more refined ideas converge at the level of the esoteric teachings, though the vocabularies and outward symbols and activities may differ. (E.g., Sufism - esoteric Islam - is much more similar to esoteric Christianity than the mainstream religions are similar. With eastern religions, there's a greater difference in how things are phrased, but there's still a convergence in more abstract understanding, unlike how it is at the level of the mainstream.)

Some people find groups and/or teachers who, for years or sometimes a lifetime, can genuinely provide a good "path" worth committing to. The more general case, esoterically, has the name of the "Way of the Fool" in western vocabulary, referring to the Tarot card "The Fool" as the main symbol for a path where an inward commitment grows and becomes fixed, while outwardly people do not tie themselves to any groups or teachers in a permanent sense. (There's a book about the Way of the Fool, "The Zelator", by David Ovason - which has very interesting ideas, but too many cultural references unfamiliar to me to be fully accessible.)

The Law of One books align quite well, regarding the basics, with ideas from various esoteric teachings, e.g. the esoteric Christian "Fourth Way" teaching. I think what Ra provides amounts to a very nice and more universal starting point, from which personal searches can branch out and perhaps merge back. (The spiritual purity of the teaching provided by Ra is the reason why it can remain the basis of further attempts at syntheses.)

I don't think it is useful to provide much general advice on committing or not committing to any particular path. The main thing in mind would be that if anything important is missing, or if anything central does not align with what is at the core of what you find meaningful, then it is probably best to keep the door open for changes in direction.

As I know from experience, when a spiritual "package deal" is provided by some group, it may prove useful in the short term, but it may be a bad investment of time and energy to commit to it if it requires abandoning anything important and close to your heart, despite all that seems good about the "package deal". The more appearing to be given, the more difficult it is to see what's taken away through commitment.

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - Diana - 12-08-2019

I have found that 100% commitment in many things is good. I live my life this way. I do everything to the best of my ability. But in this I refer to doing things here in 3D such as a job, cleaning the house, writing a book, anything I do.

But when it comes to thinking or a path, and committing 100% to a way of thinking, I'd steer clear. I know people who have done this and I agree that it can advance a person along the path. But it is too limiting in my opinion. It shuts the door on other information. It is the "particle" rather than the "wave."

That said, it is an individual decision. And what works in any given moment for one person may not fit with another person. So whatever feels right—go with it. But I will say that any system that demands 100% commitment to one way only, is too much like religion to me.

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - AnthroHeart - 12-08-2019

My path is mainly Law of One focused. Minus tarot, and archetypes for the most part.
Parts of the Buddhist 8-fold path like not stealing and right living and such.

I reached the threshold of feeling the Great Central Sun. It's metaphysical, not really a star. The source of Light to the Universe
is what I'm getting. I had to ask to be attracted to it, and slowly started feeling myself being gravitationally drawn to it,
or rather inward. It continues to get denser, and I work on integrating this.

I have also manifested things like a psychic tasting earlier, and the ability to make myself feel mildly high like if I asked the Quantum Field
to feel the best weed in the world. But these may be distractions away from the goal of seeking an abode to live in the home
that is the Source of the Quantum Field.

My path is really simple. Nothing like the 84,000 teachings of Buddha.

I create through YIN. Just intend what I want and let infinite intelligence do its thing. I gain knowledge through what I learn online,
but moreso through what infinite intelligence shows me directly.

My creation work is sort of like a paradox. Action through inaction. Or I meditate on just getting denser and integrating,
and the work happens.

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - AnthroHeart - 12-09-2019

I am also on the path of the Anthro. Seeking my anthro guru.
There is like no information about spiritual anthro seeking that I can find.
I believe my future anthro guru self is part of the Great Central Sun. But can't be sure.
Or maybe Sirius.

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - schubert - 12-09-2019

to be blunt, nah. gaining information from multiple sources allows for a more encompassing perspective. it depends on your level of discernment though, you dont want to overload or confuse yourself. there can definitely be value in focusing on one source of information at a time (a book, religion, etc.) so as to fully digest it easier and not be juggling perspectives while still learning about them, but sometimes youre only looking for a piece of info here and a piece of info there. for example, i havent read all of the Law of One channellings but ive gained a lot from what i have read, i dont need to sit down and read the entirety of it before i can move on.

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - Nau7ik - 12-10-2019

All I can do is speak from experience, and I have found the focusing on one system to be very beneficial. I look at various sources all the time. Committing to one path or system doesn’t mean you can’t look at other things. But when you’re fleeting from system to system and never settling, you’re not mastering anything.

The Qabalah is a living system. It is not at all limiting. Any pantheon, religion, or system can be classified in the Tree. Therefore I commit to learning this system, thereby having the ability to use the various systems in a constructive way. Ra says we may choose one of three system for archetypal study: Tarot, Astrology, or the Tree of Life.
Well, the Tree of Life incorporates both Tarot and Astrology. The Tree of Life is my means of studying those two systems of Tarot and Astrology in the framework of a greater synthesizing system.

Like I said, I had also resisted the idea of focusing my seeking and committing to going all the way with the one system that truly resonates and speaks to me. Find that system, that Path or Way that is suited for you. You’ll have an intense passion and interest in it. And by the way, I had been seeking for many years, looking at all religions, pantheons, ways before focusing my seeking. The Holy Qabalah is my chosen path because I have determined it is the best system out there (FOR ME).

I will alter my advice: keep seeking far and wide until you have found your personal spiritual path/Way; and then you shall see the wisdom in committing to that Way.

But do what you want. Take my opinions or leave ‘em.

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - AnthroHeart - 12-10-2019

I am on one path of getting denser and balancing as I go how the energy feels. As I learn I add to it, but it's been the same thing for like 10 years or so.

Just add some good features from Buddhism.

Even Buddha said this:

[Image: buddha_find_light.jpg]

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - kristina - 12-10-2019

Question:
What does the man alone on the mountaintop do for enlightenment? If he has nothing to read, no emerald tablet and no cards?

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - BridgesToLight - 12-10-2019

As our Human/Earth filters are incredibly dense, there is no one "pure" teaching. Never has been, never could be.

Human beings are 100% incapable of relaying information without putting their own energy into it. Because of quantum physics and the laws of energy, it truly could be no other way. It is yet one more of many human myths that any teaching, from the Bible to a college course, to the Law of One and the local channeler can be 100% true and/or pure.

Once I came to see the reality of this, it hit me if now one person could ever be 100% a clear channel, then there could not possibly be any one religion, path, guru, or belief system that is 100% of the truth, or reality.

Discernment. If you do not first develop the ability to use all of your emotional, energetic and physical forms to engage with this reality, these systems, these humans you will always end up being led astray.

Ra says that the path is found in Love and Wisdom, and wisdom is NOT adhering to human dogma and rules because others tell you to. Wisdom is earned, experienced. For me wisdom is trying on many coats, walking many paths, finding those that fit me best, discarding the rest and occasionally turning around and revisiting a past route because the new me, the now me, is ready to learn something missed the first time through.

But, there seem to be two basic types of seekers, those that cannot stand the rigidity of organized belief systems/groups and those that cannot stand the fluidity of choosing their own way. There are billions of reasons we all feel the way we do.

I look around at the vast uniqueness of the material world. The differences in the planets, the stars, the plant life, the people, the bugs and these differences reaffirm, for me, that there could not possibly be one right path, one right way, one right thought, on ANYTHING.

It makes no logical sense that in a multi-verse of change and diversity that truth could ever be found in one small, minuscule, seconds old belief system created by many highly fallible, human, men.

So much love and light to you!

RE: Do you have to fully commit to one path? - AnthroHeart - 12-10-2019

Thank you Bridges.
Yes, I've learned that even when working with intelligent energy (in addition to teachings)
you can't get yourself totally out of the picture and use pure energy.
When healing someone, it will always have your own energy in it.