Bring4th
Is sound faster than light? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Is sound faster than light? (/showthread.php?tid=17868)

Is sound faster than light? - Kaaron - 12-24-2019

I don't even know if "faster than" is the right wording.
Is sound the darkness or field, that light manifests into?
Does this mean sound always precedes light?
If so...sound would have to be faster than light, to contain that which comes, as light?
Or is it that the field is ever present and there is no speed?
Can someone please enlighten me?
Ha. Ha.

RE: Is sound faster than light? - AnthroHeart - 12-24-2019

I'm not sure, but creation happened with a Word (or sound).
And the Universe is expanding faster than light.

As light has particles called photons, sound has particles called phonons.
I learned that in studying lasers.

But I think the Quantum Field is what Ra material calls Love.
And Light/matter manifests out of the Love Field.

RE: Is sound faster than light? - Kaaron - 12-24-2019

Love is. Light moves through what is.

RE: Is sound faster than light? - Aion - 12-24-2019

Quote:At 20 °C (68 °F), the speed of sound in air is about 343 metres per second
Quote:The speed of light in a vacuum is 186,282 miles per second

If you've ever seen a thunder storm, that's why you see the flash first and the rumble follows behind. You can actually judge the distance of a storm based on the timing difference between the flash and the thunder.

Light is the fundamental manifesting vibration, sound is a manifestation of that light on particular levels. What we think of as sound are actually propagating pressure waves produced by energy fluctuations across the matrix of matter. When we hear something it's because those vibrations are being translated by our brains as that type of signal. Normally our eardrums pick up oscillations in the air but can also pick things up direct via induction. People with synesthesia for example may have these signals translated differently in their brains and they may 'see' sounds.

This is simply pointing to the truth that all of our senses are merely translations of vibratory signals condensed in to a perceivable reality by consciousness. In truth, there is nothing 'solid' there but simply an endless sea of signals.

RE: Is sound faster than light? - Kaaron - 12-24-2019

(12-24-2019, 06:25 PM)Aion Wrote:
Quote:At 20 °C (68 °F), the speed of sound in air is about 343 metres per second

If you've ever seen a thunder storm, that's why you see the flash first and the rumble follows behind. You can actually judge the distance of a storm based on the timing difference between the flash and the thunder.

Light is the fundamental manifesting vibration, sound is a manifestation of that light on particular levels. What we think of as sound are actually propagating pressure waves produced by energy fluctuations across the matrix of matter. When we hear something it's because those vibrations are being translated by our brains as that type of signal. Normally our eardrums pick up oscillations in the air but can also pick things up direct via induction. People with synesthesia for example may have these signals translated differently in their brains and they may 'see' sounds.

This is simply pointing to the truth that all of our senses are merely translations of vibratory signals condensed in to a perceivable reality by consciousness. In truth, there is nothing 'solid' there but simply an endless sea of signals.
What is the void?
Is it everywhere and nowhere?
Where is light?

If light has a constant, it is finite in speed.
Does sound in a vacuum, have a speed?
It precedes light, perhaps it is a question of our perception of speed?

(12-24-2019, 06:33 PM)Kaaron Wrote:
(12-24-2019, 06:25 PM)Aion Wrote:

What is the void?
Is it everywhere and nowhere?
Where is light?

You answered your own question.

To truly think in terms of unity you have to think beyond time and space as finite concepts. This is the 'timelessness' that Ra describes. I call it Eternity.

What one has to realize is that the experience of time and space are not equivalent to the experience of Light. This is almost impossible to grasp in physical terms, but essentially that time and space are limiters of infinite light, and not that which light comes from.

Sound is a 'wave' and so in a vacuum without any matter there is no medium for it to propagate along, however the energy of the wave would still exist, just unable to be kinetic and would rest at potential.

Light is also a 'wave', and only becomes a particle upon the collapse of the quantum wave. Hence the particle-wave duality of quantum physics.

What you're reaching towards is that the overarching idea of the 'wave' preceding either concept of light or sound. A 'wave' is the fundamental idea of 'vibration' I think most people refer to.

The thing is that it's not a 'before or after' kind of deal, these things arise simultaneously, not in sequence.

I essentially conceive as all waves being the same phenomenon in different frequency patterns.

However, there's a different between the speed of propagation, that is, something travelling through space, and the raw vibratory speed of energy. Light operates at a higher frequency range than sound, but truth is, I think there is a point where light becomes sound and sound becomes light. I don't think they are different things, just expressions of waves on different frequency levels.

Course, this is all in my layman's understanding, I'm sure there's more nuance to it all.

RE: Is sound faster than light? - Kaaron - 12-25-2019

(12-24-2019, 07:11 PM)Aion Wrote: Sound is a 'wave' and so in a vacuum without any matter there is no medium for it to propagate along, however the energy of the wave would still exist, just unable to be kinetic and would rest at potential.

Light is also a 'wave', and only becomes a particle upon the collapse of the quantum wave. Hence the particle-wave duality of quantum physics.

What you're reaching towards is that the overarching idea of the 'wave' preceding either concept of light or sound. A 'wave' is the fundamental idea of 'vibration' I think most people refer to.

The thing is that it's not a 'before or after' kind of deal, these things arise simultaneously, not in sequence.

I essentially conceive as all waves being the same phenomenon in different frequency patterns.

However, there's a different between the speed of propagation, that is, something travelling through space, and the raw vibratory speed of energy. Light operates at a higher frequency range than sound, but truth is, I think there is a point where light becomes sound and sound becomes light. I don't think they are different things, just expressions of waves on different frequency levels.

Course, this is all in my layman's understanding, I'm sure there's more nuance to it all.
This is what I was trying to grasp. Thanks bro

RE: Is sound faster than light? - AnthroHeart - 12-25-2019

Sound depends on the medium it is travelling through.
In air at one atmosphere of pressure it is roughly one mile in five seconds.

But at the big bang it was much denser.

Sound travels far faster through a solid.

I don't know how fast it was at the moment of the big bang since everything was pretty much solid/plasma.
Not even that, it was before subatomic particles were even created.

I found this:

As you might imagine, since light's pressure is so high, and matter so sparse, the sound waves moved extremely fast: ~50% - 60% of light-speed, or ~150,000 km/s.

http://people.virginia.edu/~dmw8f/BBA_web/unit06/unit6.html

RE: Is sound faster than light? - Nau7ik - 12-25-2019

“In the beginning was the Word.” Light and Sound are vibrations of energy, which seem to be almost congruent here at the start of Creation/Manifestation. Nothing moves faster than the speed of light. The sound barrier can be broken but the light barrier cannot at the present moment of human civilization and development.

I totally agree with Aion, that sound and light are one here. It’s hard to say though. Like I’m having trouble finding the words to express the simultaneousness of the Word which is Silence, which is Light, which creates the universe (is the building block of the universe.)

So I think vibration is the key concept. Interesting topic, hard to talk about.
However, in the physical world, light does moves faster than sound.