Bring4th
Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? (/showthread.php?tid=17905)

Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? - rinzler - 01-11-2020

I don't mean negative thoughts that I hold having on my own. I mean like imagine having a nightmare. That's what it feels like for me. I focus on my breathing and then bad thoughts just pop in out of nowhere. Thoughts that stress me, make me feel sad,depressed angry and bitter and so on. And those can have an effect on my entire day. It usually gets worse the more I meditate.
I usually try to listen to some music after that but it just makes it better for a second or so.
And since I started to meditate my dreams have become lucid but they always end up being nightmares and so frequent! Every night I have a nightmare. The past few days I've had multiple nightmares.
I've read that meditation can have side effects but not this bad. What am I doing wrong?
I should mention that there are things and people in life making me miserable but at the moment there isn't anything I can do about it. It's why I started meditating. Now that there isn't anything I can do about it and things are just getting worse I can't help but think what else can I do?

RE: Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? - AnthroHeart - 01-11-2020

I realized when that happens that the thoughts are not my own.
That I do not take ownership of them.

If you feel it might be psychic issue, I recommend getting black tourmaline.
It protects people psychically.

RE: Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? - kristina - 01-11-2020

(01-11-2020, 09:27 AM)rinzler Wrote: I don't mean negative thoughts that I hold having on my own. I mean like imagine having a nightmare. That's what it feels like for me. I focus on my breathing and then bad thoughts just pop in out of nowhere. Thoughts that stress me, make me feel sad,depressed angry and bitter and so on. And those can have an effect on my entire day. It usually gets worse the more I meditate.
I usually try to listen to some music after that but it just makes it better for a second or so.
And since I started to meditate my dreams have become lucid but they always end up being nightmares and so frequent! Every night I have a nightmare. The past few days I've had multiple nightmares.
I've read that meditation can have side effects but not this bad. What am I doing wrong?
I should mention that there are things and people in life making me miserable but at the moment there isn't anything I can do about it. It's why I started meditating. Now that there isn't anything I can do about it and things are just getting worse I can't help but think what else can I do?

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the final query in total of this working. This is not only correct but we suggest you take this concept further and understand the great number of entities with the so-called mental diseases being due to the effect of this green-ray true color upon the mental configurations of those unready mentally to face the self for the first time.
Firstly, I want to clarify mental dis-eases. We are not always speaking of psychosis although that is considered a dis-ease of the mind but we are speaking of depression, anxiety and all sorts of problematic symptoms upon the mind. I too struggle with depression from time to time as the more you open your heart within the 3rd density, the greater the chances of developing some of these symptoms because you are seeing things about you that are in conflict of the heart.
During meditation, it would be appropriate to consider that what is being held within your subconscious mind is now trying to surface. What is not serving you or that you are now willing to see for the first time are surfacing so that you may balance, accept and love them. It is a type of catalyst or it seems to me that it is. It offers you the opportunity to look at these things which are a part of you. If you intend to harmonize them by accessing your heart chakra then you will have to face each of these; forgive each, accept each, to love each and integrate each thought that is you. This is the "shadow" that so many of us speak of within this forum. There is nothing to avoid here, to fear here, to be ashamed of here as this is as much a part of you as is the most beautiful thought you could have. You are facing an aspect of the self.
here are a couple quotes you could consider...

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. Catalyst being processed by the body is catalyst for the body. Catalyst being processed by the mind is catalyst for the mind. Catalyst being processed by the spirit is catalyst for the spirit. An individual mind/body/spirit complex may use any catalyst which comes before its notice, be it through the body and its senses or through mentation or through any other more highly developed source, and use this catalyst in its unique way to form an experience unique to it, with its biases.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. All that assaults your senses is catalyst. We, in speaking to this support group through this instrument, offer catalyst. The configurations of each in the group of body offer catalyst through comfort/discomfort. In fact all that is unprocessed that has come before the notice of a mind/body/spirit complex is catalyst.

Hang in there, I think you are just working through some tough challenges and it really gets better. Slower is better I feel in your case. One thought at a time as you can only focus successfully on one thing at a time. Be very loving toward the self even if it feels fake to you to say to yourself, I love you anyway.

RE: Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? - BridgesToLight - 01-11-2020

Your query led to my asking, again, for myself.

This is my answer:

Why do you keep judging random thoughts? Your thoughts are neither positive, nor negative, they just are.

Sometimes yours, sometimes your guides, sometimes the negative thoughtforms you remain attached to.

It matters not. They are nothing more than yet another opportunity to see Love, be Love, bring in Love.

End answer.

As long as I cling to the polarity judgement, the beatings will continue.

Funny, just thought of that from my on the line factory days, "the beatings will continue until morale improves."

Crap, it's actually true.

You are beating yourself with the belief that having negative thoughts, nightmares, visions makes you, or part of you, dark, or attacked.

Nope, makes you human.

I love you, dark thoughts and all. Virtual hugs and may the light of our Creator illuminate your hearts

RE: Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? - rinzler - 01-12-2020

(01-11-2020, 10:18 AM)BridgesToLight Wrote: Your query led to my asking, again, for myself.

This is my answer:

Why do you keep judging random thoughts? Your thoughts are neither positive, nor negative, they just are.

Sometimes yours, sometimes your guides, sometimes the negative thoughtforms you remain attached to.

It matters not.  They are nothing more than yet another opportunity to see Love, be Love, bring in Love.

End answer.

Funny, just thought of that from my on the line factory days, "the beatings will continue until morale improves."

You are beating yourself with the belief that having negative thoughts, nightmares, visions makes you, or part of you, dark, or attacked.

Nope, makes you human.

I love you, dark thoughts and all. Virtual hugs and may the light of our Creator illuminate your hearts

It is almost impossible for me to not judge these "random" thoughts. They are not just in my meditations. I tried to just let them pass but then they come back after I stop the meditations, I'm not talking about small things. I'm talking about things like previously overcome-addiction, very negative thoughts,obessions and mindsets in general.
I don't mean to downplay meditation but perhaps it is not so good afterall because I felt a lot better before I started meditating. I did think it was all just catalyst. I don't know, maybe I just can't handle it.

RE: Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? - RitaJC - 01-12-2020

(01-12-2020, 03:28 AM)rinzler Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 10:18 AM)BridgesToLight Wrote: Your query led to my asking, again, for myself.

This is my answer:

It matters not.  They are nothing more than yet another opportunity to see Love, be Love, bring in Love.

End answer.

Nope, makes you human.

It is almost impossible for me to not judge these "random" thoughts. They are not just in my meditations. I tried to just let them pass but then they come back after I stop the meditations, I'm not talking about small things. I'm talking about things like previously overcome-addiction, very negative thoughts,obessions and mindsets in general.
I don't mean to downplay meditation but perhaps it is not so good afterall because I felt a lot better before I started meditating. I did think it was all just catalyst. I don't know, maybe I just can't handle it.

You might be right, this kind of meditation might not be for you right now. The content of awareness comes up and you seem powerless against it.

I can help and teach you some tools to access your dormant power. If you're interested drop me a PM

RE: Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? - Ray711 - 01-12-2020

(01-11-2020, 09:45 AM)Great Central Sun Wrote: I realized when that happens that the thoughts are not my own.
That I do not take ownership of them.

If you feel it might be psychic issue, I recommend getting black tourmaline.
It protects people psychically.

I think this perspective has the danger of falling into repression, GCSun. "We are every thought, every emotion", like Ra says. I do think that it's important to adopt a higher perspective and to realize that the thoughts we have are only an infinitely small part of our true identity. However, if some thoughts in particular appear in us, and especially if they do it in a recurrent manner, then that means that we have a certain affinity to them. Brushing them aside is dangerous. In this sense, I agree with processing them like Kristina suggested.

If these keep appearing during meditation, then it means there is something there to process. I would say that the work would have to extend beyond meditation. I see these meditative experiences as an invitation to take a deeper look at your emotions, and see if you are suppressing anything in your daily life. I would recommend doing Ra's exercise: Notice the negative emotions and intensify them in your mind until they are fully expressed. Go as far as these emotions want to go. Don't censor yourself or these emotions. Don't judge them, don't say that they are wrong or that you shouldn't have them. Once you have fully intensified and expressed them in this way, in your mind, a certain liberation occurs, because the energy that wanted to be expressed has finally found an outlet. This entails an acceptance from you towards these emotions. Once you are in this state of acceptance, it becomes easier to accept the person or situation that caused these emotions. Always keep in mind that there's a very good reason for you feeling these emotions, and for the people around you to have felt what they felt when they did their actions.

I understand the temptation to stop meditating if doing it is painful, but this is only pointing a finger towards something going on inside of yourself. If you brush it aside, these things may appear in a more inconvenient way in other situations.

RE: Why do I keep having negative thoughts while meditating? - Hilarion - 01-12-2020

I have had to deal with a lot of negative spiritual experiences, here are my tips:

Quote:I should mention that there are things and people in life making me miserable but at the moment there isn't anything I can do about it. It's why I started meditating. Now that there isn't anything I can do about it and things are just getting worse I can't help but think what else can I do?

From my experience in my circumstance I realised that most of the negative energy around me was coming from my realationships with other people. My family expecially had a history of being very verbally abusive, when I started meditating it was almost like I created a battle where all the negative energies from the past and these people around me was trying to sabotage my spiritual journey. It took me a long time to clear all this negativity, but in the process I started healing all the relationships and people around me. Every negative experience is a chance for you to clear your karma and make a conscious choice towards love and away from fear.

I would reaffirm to you that the outer discontent in our lives is realated to the inner discontent that we feel, and by changing the way we look at things inside of ourselves in meditation we change those very things we are looking at outside of us.

1) Start off slowly, don't meditate too much too soon

2) Chant a protection mantra before meditation as many times as you want to set your positive intention. I find sanskit mantras are the best and are well worth learning. You can chant this before sleep too.

3) Make sure you meditate in a suitable 'positive' enviroment. Some people meditate infornt of a shrine, where they have gathered positive meaningful loving photos and objects. Or perhaps meditate with other people in a group.

4) Use incense when you meditate.

5) Avoid unhealthy food and substances such as smoking and alcohol

6) Taking a bath with sea salt in can help remove a lot of negativity.

7) Don't have a bad relationship with negativity. What you resist persists, as long as you try to fight negativity it will keep coming up. We are a whole, both good and bad as one. In meditation when these bad experiences come up understand the balance between light and dark. I see it like a chess match, between the white and black sides, where both sides play an intersting game and learn along the way. Try not to see the polarisation of good and bad as a war. We may suffer but from my experience the suffering becomes worse if you attatch to it. Remember that you are infinite, you are everything, and that nothing can truly be taken from you.