Bring4th
Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? (/showthread.php?tid=17932)

Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - sillypumpkins - 01-28-2020

Hi all,

I read Book 1 about a year ago and am in the middle of Book 2. The past couple days I've been pondering my own polarity. I do very much feel neutral a lot of the time and I feel this gives way to some undesirable behavior. I want to serve others, but I also want to serve myself. I know it's harvest time, and it's time to make a choice (is that right?), so I'm trying to get all this sorted.

Anyways, I'm an artist. I really like making stuff, especially music. I've been thinking about whether the artist serves him/herself, or others. I suppose it depends on the artist? I'm really not sure. I've always struggled a little bit with sitting down and making stuff in a disciplined way. I usually have flurries of activity and then it dies down for a while and I get sedentary.

Anyways, I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this. I do feel more of an inclination towards service to others. It does feel like the path I'm walking on. I just..... want to be able to make my art too yknow.... it makes me happy...

This might seem like a silly question to some.... but I'm asking it anyway....

Thanks all Smile
Heart

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - AnthroHeart - 01-28-2020

I believe there was one book that Stephen King wrote that he did it for the money and people could tell and it didn't do well.

I think if you're doing it for the love of the art, that is good enough. People can tell.

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - Ray711 - 01-29-2020

(01-28-2020, 02:59 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: I think if you're doing it for the love of the art, that is good enough. People can tell.

I agree. Love can be manifested towards material things too, not just people. And to add to that, an artist is rearranging parts of the Creation to create beauty. I imagine it would depend a lot on whether the feelings and ideas being expressed in the art belonged to one polarity or the other, but a sincere inclination towards beauty and truth also seems to polarize us positively, as stated here by Ra:

Quote:34.17 Questioner: Is it possible for you to use as an example our General Patton and tell me the effect that war had on him in his development?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last full question of this working. The one of whom you speak, known as George, was one in whom the programming of previous incarnations had created a pattern or inertia which was irresistible in its incarnation in your time/space. This entity was of a strong yellow-ray activation with frequent green-ray openings and occasional blue-ray openings. However, it did not find itself able to break the mold of previous traumatic experiences of a bellicose nature.
This entity polarized somewhat towards the positive in its incarnation due to its singleness of belief in truth and beauty. This entity was quite sensitive. It felt a great honor/duty to the preservation of that which was felt by the entity to be true, beautiful, and in need of defense. This entity perceived itself as a gallant figure. It polarized somewhat towards the negative in its lack of understanding the green ray it carried with it, rejecting the forgiveness principle which is implicit in universal love.
The sum total of this incarnation vibrationally was a slight increase in positive polarity but a decrease in harvestability due to the rejection of the Law or Way of Responsibility; that is, seeing universal love, yet still it fought on.

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - Jim Kent + - 01-29-2020

(01-28-2020, 02:14 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: Hi all,

Anyways, I'm an artist. I really like making stuff, especially music. I've been thinking about whether the artist serves him/herself, or others. I suppose it depends on the artist? I'm really not sure. I've always struggled a little bit with sitting down and making stuff in a disciplined way. I usually have flurries of activity and then it dies down for a while and I get sedentary.

Anyways, I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this. I do feel more of an inclination towards service to others. It does feel like the path I'm walking on. I just..... want to be able to make my art too yknow.... it makes me happy...

Thanks all Smile
Heart

Greetings silly, and welcome to the forum!

I'm an artist and like you, that's mostly about making music.

I consider making music one of the most STO activities I do these days, yes it can be profoundly satisfying and even cathartic, as do many STO activities.

Like many if not most activities, making music does indeed involve a certain amount of self-service, it's a mix. 

Let's put it this way, if you make a tune with the only intention of making money and fame for oneself without any artistic ethics, then this could well be much more of an STS orientated activity. 

But if you make music with the intention of lifting the listener up in whatever way through genuine heart-felt artistic offerings, then for me, this is easily identified as a predominantly STO activity.

As with anything in life, regarding one's polarity, it is more about WHY you do what you do, and less about WHAT you do.  

L & L

Jim    

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - flofrog - 01-29-2020

welcome here silly, Smile

I am a painter and yes you are right as everyone else here said, it needs to be made with love first, I guess we can't skip that and yes it makes us happy to do it, so it would look a bit like STS, Wink but as Jim said the intention is how it will bend towards STO or not..

Best wishes to you and ... to make everyone listing to your music really elated !!!!! Wink

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - Nau7ik - 01-29-2020

Artists are expressing themselves through their work. It’s a creative urge within you that is finding expression. This is good. I’m really not sure about attributing it to STO or STS, however.

To harvest in the positive polarity, one needs a grade of 51%+ service-to-others, meaning one is thinking about others more than half the time. There is still 49% that is thinking about the self. This is normal and natural. We are also worthy beings who deserve attention and love as are those whom we seek to serve. We need to love and care for ourselves as well if truly wish to serve others effectively. A portion of that percentage is necessary service to self. Just like the negative polarity has a necessary 5% service to others, it’s not something one can totally avoid in this world, working with others.

I would recommend that you ask yourself what are your core, guiding principles and spiritual values? What do you want and desire? If you’re attracted to the Law of One and it’s positive philosophy, then you are likely walking the Right Hand Path. Our polarity can be refined and our spiritual evolution accelerated when we become consciously aware of our choice of polarity. Then one can consciously strive towards their chosen polarity. One will naturally polarize and evolve unconsciously but this takes a very long time. So once we become aware we are at a great advantage.

It’s your choice!

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - Loki - 01-29-2020

(01-28-2020, 02:14 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: Hi all,

I read Book 1 about a year ago and am in the middle of Book 2. The past couple days I've been pondering my own polarity. I do very much feel neutral a lot of the time and I feel this gives way to some undesirable behavior. I want to serve others, but I also want to serve myself. I know it's harvest time, and it's time to make a choice (is that right?), so I'm trying to get all this sorted.

Thanks all Smile
Heart

Art is pure creation. In art you cannot serve yourself if you do not serve others. When you do not serve others you do not serve yourself because you do not have a source of living. Just based on what Ra said (you need to be at Book 4) I believe making art is a source of white magic. Sometimes you might need to separate from the close selves (family, friends) in order to be able to make art for the many others, but regardless an artist that has impact and makes a living out of his art is a sort of white magician.

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - Diana - 01-29-2020

In my opinion the most important thing is to express who you authentically are. You (to no one in particular) are an individual and no other entity is exactly like you. If you do not express "you" then it will not be expressed by another. 

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. . . . Speaking to the intention of your question, the best way for each seeker in third density to be of service to others is unique to that mind/body/spirit complex. This means that the mind/body/spirit complex must then seek within itself the intelligence of its own discernment as to the way it may best serve other-selves. This will be different for each. There is no best. There is no generalization. Nothing is known.

To serve others INCLUDES serving self—there is no separation. If you serve others to the exclusion of yourself, it is martyrdom; and while there is nothing wrong with that, it is out of balance. It is out of balance in a way similar—though diametrically opposed— to just serving the self.

To put the emphasis on harvest for self or making the polarity cut is to be beside the point in my opinion. The point is to fully open to and be your authentic self, accept your self, and create and follow your authentic path. Not the self or path influenced by society or any external belief systems. You may line up with external belief systems, but in my opinion the alignment should happen naturally as like attracts like.  

As an artist, you have an advantage over people who have not developed the right brain or the intuitive and creative channels. I agree with others here that love is important. But most people don't create art out of fear or hate, although for some the expression of buried trauma or confusions is important. It really doesn't help in my opinion to suppress the stuff we don't think is "positive," rather, in order to transform the imbalances into balance they must come out into the light and out of the hidden and suppressed shadows. What I'm getting at is, follow your prompts, whatever they are. As you evolve as a being, your art will evolve. This is authenticity.

Lastly, the joy you feel when creating is a gift to the world.

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - kristina - 01-29-2020

A lot of famous artists are very charitable. I think one could be famous and love the idea of fame yet, still want to do good things in the world. It is hard to determine what is in a man's heart based upon the living he makes. Only the man creating the art, making the good living knows his intentions.

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - unity100 - 01-30-2020

An artist is a person that expresses things - its a blue ray activity. Positive/outflowing blue ray activity is positive and is a service.

RE: Do artists serve themselves? Or others? - sillypumpkins - 01-30-2020

Thanks for your replies everyone! I see a little clearer now.