Bring4th
Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) (/showthread.php?tid=17984)

Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - AnthroHeart - 02-12-2020

I am reading the Kybalion and learning about Hermetic principles.

It talks about the law of vibration, how everything vibrates. And that one person can induce vibrations in another.

This happened when I was able to make my friend feel like he was stoned with the best weed on Earth at about 3/10 strength,
just with my mind.

A shaman lady said that I could come in like Ayahuasca into someone's mind.

I have seen videos where they can do Reiki healings (or even attunements I believe) on people through YouTube.

Especially energy healings. I think it's Hermetic law that allows you to make one thing one time and have it affect many.

Might be the fractal nature of the Universe.

I am reading the Kybalion now to learn more.

RE: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - AnthroHeart - 02-12-2020

Can the Hermetic Master Key be given through a book, or must it be intuited through much hard research and learning?

RE: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - sillypumpkins - 02-12-2020

I'm glad you are reading about Hermeticism! The principles, to me, are sort of like a linchpin for a lot of occult knowledge.

(02-12-2020, 03:20 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: Can the Hermetic Master Key be given through a book, or must it be intuited through much hard research and learning?

This reminds me of a quote in the Kybalion: "the lips of wisdom are sealed, except to the ears of understanding"

The second a student is willing to listen/read with loving understanding, they will be given the key to unlock the door, so to speak. That is my view.

Someone can spend their entire lives studying Hermeticism, but until they open those ears of understanding, they will be knocking on the door in vain.

RE: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - Aion - 02-13-2020

The Kybalion is like a beginner's primer to Hermeticism. An interesting book with some concise thoughts, but which does not encapsulate the real depth of the philosophy. It is a good place to start, but I would suggest finding and reading a copy of the Corpus Hermeticum, also called the Hermetica which is something of the 'core book' of Hermeticism.

http://goldendawntrust.com/the-collectanea-hermetica-series

The Second Book, The Divine Pymander, is the Hermetica.

RE: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - flofrog - 02-13-2020

Aion, it’s so good to read you, I always learn !!! Wink

RE: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - Nau7ik - 02-14-2020

(02-13-2020, 04:48 PM)Aion Wrote: The Kybalion is like a beginner's primer to Hermeticism. An interesting book with some concise thoughts, but which does not encapsulate the real depth of the philosophy. It is a good place to start, but I would suggest finding and reading a copy of the Corpus Hermeticum, also called the Hermetica which is something of the 'core book' of Hermeticism.

http://goldendawntrust.com/the-collectanea-hermetica-series

The Second Book, The Divine Pymander, is the Hermetica.

I’m going to look at that! I have Franz Bardon’s “Initiation into Hermetics” which seems to be a pretty good and thorough book on the subject.

I have never read the Kybalion, I’ve seen it countless times at occult book stores but it never resonated with me or called to me, so I didn’t picked it up.

RE: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - Infinite - 02-15-2020

(02-12-2020, 03:20 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: Can the Hermetic Master Key be given through a book, or must it be intuited through much hard research and learning?

Any book is just a resource to the seeker. The true key comes from a understanding gained through the seek for self-knowledge. I suggest some kind of practice to a hermetism understanding. The Bardon's book "Initiation into Hermetics" is one of the most recommended books about the subject.

(02-14-2020, 09:49 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: I have never read the Kybalion, I’ve seen it countless times at occult book stores but it never resonated with me or called to me, so I didn’t picked it up.

I really recommend the text. I read before LOO and the resemblance impressed me. The descriptions about the Infinite Creator are very enlightening. That helped me to understanding the concepts of intelligent infinity and original thought.

About "The Kybalion", in my humble view is one of less distorted sources available. The hermetic laws explain many things. I believe these laws are the distortions immediately below the three first distortions taught by Ra.

RE: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - AnthroHeart - 02-15-2020

The Kybalion I'm reading by the Three Initiates, they keep quoting "The Kybalion". Why would they quote the same book?

Unless what I'm reading isn't the Kybalion, and is just a summary of it.

I got it from here: https://www.globalgreyebooks.com/kybalion-ebook.html

It shows a little quote from the Kybalion, and then they talk about it for awhile.
It's 93 pages, so not sure if that's the true Kybalion.

RE: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - Infinite - 02-15-2020

(02-15-2020, 11:18 AM)Great Central Sun Wrote: The Kybalion I'm reading by the Three Initiates, they keep quoting "The Kybalion". Why would they quote the same book?

This is explained in the chapter I, page 11 of your pdf file:

Quote:In the early days, there was a compilation of certain Basic Hermetic Doctrines, passed on from teacher to student, which was known as "THE KYBALION," the exact significance and meaning of the term having been lost for several centuries. This teaching, however, is known to many to whom it has descended, from mouth to ear, on and on throughout the centuries. Its precepts have never been written down, or printed, so far as we know. It was merely a collection of maxims, axioms, and precepts, which were non-understandable to outsiders, but which were readily understood by students, after the axioms, maxims, and precepts had been explained and exemplified by the Hermetic Initiates to their Neophytes.

RE: Hermetic Principles (the Kybalion) - sillypumpkins - 02-16-2020

(02-14-2020, 09:49 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: I have Franz Bardon’s “Initiation into Hermetics” which seems to be a pretty good and thorough book on the subject.

I bought that book a few months ago.

I encourage anyone who's unfamiliar to read up on Franz Bardon. A fascinating figure.