Bring4th
Do you desire to serve, to grow spiritually? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Do you desire to serve, to grow spiritually? (/showthread.php?tid=18048)

Do you desire to serve, to grow spiritually? - Sacred Fool - 03-11-2020

Do you have a distinct and clear feeling of desiring to serve and/or desiring to spiritually mature?  When it's around, is it as obvious as a desire to feed yourself when you're physically hungry, for example?  Or is it mostly a general feeling?

Are you passive towards it or do you actively relate with it?  Do you work with it?  Do you care about it?

Does it trust you to honor it?  How often are you truly intimate with it?

RE: Do you desire to serve, to grow spiritually? - sillypumpkins - 03-11-2020

I can certainly identify a clear yearning towards understanding and knowing the Truth, and serving others.

I wasn't always able to identify it. Once the circumstances were right, I became conscious of it and began the conscious work of progressing along my path.

I'd say I'm passive with it. The reason I say that is because, to me, the yearning (or feeling) is simply a signpost that says "hey! there's something here!" So when I'm doing the work, I'm not directly working with the desire (or feeling,) it acts more as a catalyst in my view. I hope that makes sense

Over time this yearning developed into something deeper, which I think might address your last two questions.... though I'm a bit unclear with my own understanding of it myself, so I am hesitant to comment on those last two questions

Anyways, I look forward to reading the rest of the replies. good questions

RE: Do you desire to serve, to grow spiritually? - AnthroHeart - 03-11-2020

Unfortunately I don't have a passion to serve others.

I will help when asked though.

RE: Do you desire to serve, to grow spiritually? - Infinite Unity - 03-11-2020

(03-11-2020, 04:03 AM)peregrine Wrote:   
Do you have a distinct and clear feeling of desiring to serve and/or desiring to spiritually mature?  When it's around, is it as obvious as a desire to feed yourself when you're physically hungry, for example?  Or is it mostly a general feeling?

Are you passive towards it or do you actively relate with it?  Do you work with it?  Do you care about it?

I would say that it's like a calling, and rings out while making no noise, yet undeniable. Moments come when the heart speaks and action is required.

RE: Do you desire to serve, to grow spiritually? - flofrog - 03-11-2020

(03-11-2020, 04:03 AM)peregrine Wrote:   

It’s really like a hunger , peregrine , and I was laughing at the word hunger when I read you. So it’s hard to wait for the request because I can see how Ra was right about not harassing with your goodwill BigSmile. Lol

It’s ok I did find streams of little things be done discreetly BigSmile

You just need bits of rest in between BigSmile

RE: Do you desire to serve, to grow spiritually? - Diana - 03-11-2020

All my life. As far back as I can remember having thoughts.