Bring4th
[Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired LOO Tarot Trump Cards [Update!] - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Artistic Endeavors (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: [Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired LOO Tarot Trump Cards [Update!] (/showthread.php?tid=18208)

[Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired LOO Tarot Trump Cards [Update!] - Mithrin - 05-03-2020

Wanted to share with LOO community. Not nearly done, will probably take a while. I want to comprehend the meaning of the cards as I draw them.

Then I digitalize them, as I'm trying to get better at digital art. I'm a noob so it's a slow process lol.

Feedback and critiques welcome on the art and symbolism.

Finished

[Image: The-Choice.png]
[Image: The-Magician.png]
[Image: The-High-Priestess.png]

Sketches

[Image: 20200503-011241.jpg]
[Image: 20200503-040420.jpg]
[Image: 20200218-105904.jpg]

RE: [Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired Tarot Trump Cards - Navaratna - 05-03-2020

Thanks for the opinions

RE: [Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired LOO Tarot Trump Cards - sillypumpkins - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 08:47 PM)Navaratna Wrote: let me know if you have any more questions.

was there a question asked?? LOL

Mithrin, these are lovely.... I love the form on the Catalyst of Mind especially. how long have you been drawing?

RE: [Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired LOO Tarot Trump Cards - Navaratna - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 09:17 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 08:47 PM)Navaratna Wrote: let me know if you have any more questions.

Mithrin, these are lovely.... I love the form on the Catalyst of Mind especially. how long have you been drawing?

"trying to flesh out what these 5 cards mean"
is another way of saying

What do these mean?

I think whoever wrote the I Ching went through something like this.

Ra: "Congratulations on figuring out the mathematical configuration of the time machine, too bad it won't change the attitudes of people around you. You're still stuck with them! *shrugs* LOL. Cya"

RE: [Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired LOO Tarot Trump Cards - Mithrin - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 08:47 PM)Navaratna Wrote: I wrote a looong detailed explanation on the meaning of magician here

https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=12707&pid=276229#pid276229

Ankhs are symbols of life force. I think it's kind of off how there's so little consensus among people on its exact meaning

I saw a photo on google images of the eyes of Ra and Horus/ with the Ankh in the center of the face and it immediately made sense to me.

The loop is a sort of energetic portal  for you to receive vibratory energy. The third eye between your eyes., picture the loop as your third eye.
a comparison has also been made to a females ovary system. It's a life symbol.
__
the dove/orb [crystal ball/visionary object] and the sun. That is celestial energy. look in to the chaoskampf, in my opinion it is an explanation of the global mythology of the universal dragon symbols and their similar meaning. [earth]underworld serpent and sky [thunder/rain/god]

Quetzalcoatl/tlaloc
chinese water dragons
bibilical sea dragon leviathan
Hindu naga, serpentlike waterworld beings [naga kanya] [naga/garuda legend]
and many more
__
Hierophant is a sort of wise entity whom the entities mentally stuck in lower densities see reality/truth in, and they become seekers

As for emperor, I could look in to it later but to me it just seems like an empowered man. It reminds me of how the first emperors of China [Fu Xi, depicted as a serpent double helix] were said to be dragons [element benders. rain/thunder men  with crystal crowns. practitioners of hydromancy like the Greek witch Circe]

let me know if you have any more questions. these are my own interpretations but the Tarot is derived from astrological underpinnings.

Thank you! Those are very good explanations. I should have clarified that I'm trying to draw them to Ra specs. I'm (painfully lol) trying to strip the astrological symbolism. I fixed the title. XP

The ankh explanation was helpful. Your right, it's hard to find solid info on it. I like your interpretation tho, it fits well, especially Ras emphasis on it being an important symbol of life that we should reflect on.

The orbs elude me. Seems like they are everywhere. From Jesus paintings to ancient hindu art. I never thought about the dragons, ha. Ill have to reflect on that Avenue more.

I will give your magician link a read, as I do want to get into comprehending the non Ra tarot as well.

RE: [Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired LOO Tarot Trump Cards - Mithrin - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 09:17 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:

Thank you!

Iv always casually enjoyed drawing, but iv never taken it seriously. I have friends iv grown up with who have and they are pro level now lol. So id say about 20 years.

I wanted to get better, especially at digital, and I also want to do the Ra meditation on the cards, but I couldnt find a good deck. Figured this would be a good muse to work on both. Hope I can actually finish so I can share them for other people to use.

I have to say, it really helps to lay them out in different ways, and reflect on how they correlate. Even with just the 5 I have now.

RE: [Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired LOO Tarot Trump Cards - Navaratna - 05-03-2020

Thanks for your thoughts

RE: [Unfinished] Rider Waite Inspired LOO Tarot Trump Cards [Update!] - Mithrin - 07-17-2020

Updated! I hope this is the right way to go about this, instead of creating a whole new post lol.