Bring4th
Good Books - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Books (/showthread.php?tid=18249)

Good Books - Aion - 05-11-2020

Rather than letting this thread go to waste, I'll just see if anyone has ready any good books lately?

I've been reading through the Corpus Hermeticum again.

RE: Good Books - sillypumpkins - 05-11-2020

I read The Invisible Man by HG Wells a short while ago.... loved it. The Man in question is such a twat but he's entertaining, and I like how he's, y'know, invisible 'n stuff..

Been reading the Tarot by Paul Foster Case. Just picking it up as I go through each archetype, highlighting lines that resonate with me, then putting it down to do the "non-written" work, so to speak.

Aaaaand.... I've been reading a history of the 13th Floor Elevators. It's called Eye Mind: The Saga of Roky Erickson and the 13th Floor Elevators. Definitely one of the more 'electrifying' tales in music/rock and roll for me. Roky was such a kick-ass performer and singer, just unreal. Stacy Sutherland's guitar playing is the s*** (excuse me). And Tommy Hall's whole "psychedelic evangelism" was, while extremely heavy-handed, super cool to me. In the sense that he was trying to get the LSD to "speak" through the music, and elevate the collective consciousness. Definitely a little misguided there, however, I suppose I like the "channeling" aspect of it.....

I think I'll pick up the Corpus Hermeticum again, it's been a couple of years. Plus I'm tired of reading on my kindle.... RollEyes

RE: Good Books - Navaratna - 05-11-2020

Books from ancient India

Brahmacharya ( / ˌ b r ɑː m ə ˈ tʃ ɑːr j ə / ; Devanagari : ब्रह्मचर्य , Bengali : ব্রহ্মচর্য) is a concept within Indian religions that literally means "conduct consistent with Brahman " or "on the path of Brahman". [1] In Yoga , Hinduism and Buddhism it generally refers to a lifestyle characterized by sexual continence or abstinence. Brahmacharya is somewhat different from the English term "celibacy," which merely means non-indulgence in sexual activity.

RE: Good Books - Navaratna - 05-12-2020

The Bible

RE: Good Books - Spaced - 05-12-2020

I've been a bit burnt out on spiritually themed books lately and I'm getting back into sci-fi. I really enjoyed Iain M. Bank's novel The Player of Games. It's about an empire where the hierarchy is based on a complex board game played every 5 years. An expert game player from a different civilization is allowed to enter in the games and this upsets the balance of the whole society. Pretty interesting and engaging story Smile

RE: Good Books - flofrog - 05-12-2020

I have just read Shaman, Healer, Sage by Alberto Villoldo, whose books I love.

But a bit like Spaced, I am right now off spiritually themed book and am reading A Strange Country by one of my fav french writers Muriel Barbery, who wrote the Elegance of the Hedgehog, she is an awesome writer. A Strange Country is like a philosophical novel, just wonderful.

RE: Good Books - Aion - 05-12-2020

I actually haven't read any "new" spiritual books in quite awhile, instead I've just been revisiting the same texts and trying to go deeper rather than broader.

That being said, I haven't picked up any leisure books in awhile so I should probably do that sometime. I just find 'study books' easier to pick up and put down, whereas a story I want to immerse myself in I never want to leave, and unfortunately I have other things to do at the moment.

RE: Good Books - Diana - 05-12-2020

I am doing a read-through of the new Ra Contact books. Other than that, my last books were rereads, as new material in a sea of mediocrity is getting harder to find. 

The Holographic Universe, Michael Talbot
  • Excellent theories on the holographic model and paranormal phenomena supported by physicist David Bohm and neurophysiologist Karl Primbram's work.
The Crystal Cave, Mary Stewart
  • Brilliant story of Merlin, the first in a trilogy.
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
  • The only novel of Austen's I like, but it is so good, so delicious, and so hilarious.
Micro, Micheal Crichton & Richard Preston (Preston finished Crichton's book when Crichton died in the middle of writing it)
  • I love all of Crichton's work. He did years of research on any novel, and he was super-itelligent and a really gifted writer of scientific thrillers.

RE: Good Books - sillypumpkins - 05-12-2020

(05-12-2020, 02:49 PM)Diana Wrote: I am doing a read-through of the new Ra Contact books.

Huh

What are these new Ra contact books you speak of?

RE: Good Books - flofrog - 05-12-2020

I love Crichton too

Love the Ra contact books

Silly this is an edition with some changes minor or some few more importants and published in 2018 in two volumes

RE: Good Books - sillypumpkins - 05-12-2020

Oooo ok, thanks flo

RE: Good Books - Diana - 05-12-2020

(05-12-2020, 02:56 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 02:49 PM)Diana Wrote: I am doing a read-through of the new Ra Contact books.

Huh

What are these new Ra contact books you speak of?

https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=15885

Smile

RE: Good Books - Aion - 05-12-2020

(05-12-2020, 02:49 PM)Diana Wrote: I am doing a read-through of the new Ra Contact books. Other than that, my last books were rereads, as new material in a sea of mediocrity is getting harder to find. 

The Holographic Universe, Michael Talbot
  • Excellent theories on the holographic model and paranormal phenomena supported by physicist David Bohm and neurophysiologist Karl Primbram's work.
The Crystal Cave, Mary Stewart
  • Brilliant story of Merlin, the first in a trilogy.
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
  • The only novel of Austen's I like, but it is so good, so delicious, and so hilarious.
Micro, Micheal Crichton & Richard Preston (Preston finished Crichton's book when Crichton died in the middle of writing it)
  • I love all of Crichton's work. He did years of research on any novel, and he was super-itelligent and a really gifted writer of scientific thrillers.

I still haven't gotten around to reading the Holographic Universe, I've had it for years.

I have another book called the 'Holotropic Mind' which is kind of taking Holographic Theory and fusing it with Theory of Mind, you might like it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/196576.The_Holotropic_Mind

RE: Good Books - Diana - 05-13-2020

(05-12-2020, 10:47 PM)Aion Wrote: I still haven't gotten around to reading the Holographic Universe, I've had it for years.

I have another book called the 'Holotropic Mind' which is kind of taking Holographic Theory and fusing it with Theory of Mind, you might like it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/196576.The_Holotropic_Mind

Thanks. Talbot actually references Stanislav Grof in The Holographic Universe. When you get around to reading it, you will love it. Talbot was intelligent and a good writer. Smile

Here is an interview with Michael Talbot on The Holographic Universe:

RE: Good Books - Aion - 05-13-2020

Even though I haven't read it, I have had a lot of talks with people about it and am pretty familiar with its basic concepts, so it would be a good idea to see how he presents them all together.

RE: Good Books - Navaratna - 05-13-2020

People reference that book a lot

RE: Good Books - Spaced - 05-13-2020

I really liked The Holographic Universe. Must be 12 years since I read it.

RE: Good Books - Navaratna - 05-13-2020

Thanks for your opinion

RE: Good Books - JJCarsonian - 05-14-2020

(05-11-2020, 06:01 PM)Aion Wrote: Rather than letting this thread go to waste, I'll just see if anyone has ready any good books lately?

I've been reading through the Corpus Hermeticum again.

Read a great book called "Law of One" Wink

RE: Good Books - Navaratna - 05-15-2020

Reading is great

I've been interested in this for a long time maybe I'll have time to read it.
I remember it was so strange to me how it appeared on a list of books that had the greatest tendency to disappear from libraries like it was being swept out of time out of the ability of humans to comprehend it. I have read other stuff by Clive Barker he's a very skilled writer.

Look at the cover art looks like all kinds of symbols revolving in to a vortex around a Saturn-like planet and yet the first text of the wiki page says

Imajica is a fantasy novel by British author Clive Barker. Barker names it as his favourite of all his writings.[1] The work, 824 pages at its first printing in 1991, chronicles the events surrounding the reconciliation of Earth, called the Fifth Dominion, with the other four Dominions, parallel worlds unknown to all but a select few of Earth's inhabitants. Considered wide in scope, elaborate in its imagery, and meticulous in its detail, the novel covers themes such as God, sex, love, gender and death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imajica

The Earth is actually just one part of 5 connected worlds or Dominions, called the Imajica. Overseeing all of the dominions is the Unbeheld, Hapexamendios (God). However, Earth became separated from the other four worlds long ago. This explains both the appearance of extraordinary phenomena on Earth and the lack of understanding of magic and acceptance of the extraordinary as commonplace (as it is in the other four worlds). The void that separates Earth from her sister worlds is called the "In Ovo".
Great magic users called Maestros have attempted through the ages to reconcile the Earth with the remaining Imajica, including Christ. This Reconciliation can only happen once every 200 years. All previous attempts failed; the most recent resulted in the horrific death or madness of those involved. A secret society known as the Tabula Rasa formed after this failure; its directive is to prevent the use of magic on the Earth, motivated by the fear that such a disaster may occur again. At the present time, three reconciled dominions are ruled by the Autarch, who lives in the great city of Yzordderrex in the Second Dominion, while the first dominion - though reconciled - kept inaccessible by the power of the Unbeheld who resides there.

RE: Good Books - Aion - 05-15-2020

Seth Speaks was one of the first channelings I ever read, but the first one I ever picked up was actually The Lion People.

https://www.thoth.co.uk/books/the-lion-people

There is a theme of lions in my life so not surprising. I think the second one I picked up was "Messages From Michael".

Priest of Sekhmet has entered the chat.

RE: Good Books - Aion - 05-16-2020

(05-15-2020, 06:19 PM)Navaratna Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 01:31 PM)Aion Wrote: Seth Speaks was one of the first channelings I ever read, but the first one I ever picked up was actually The Lion People.

There is a theme of lions in my life so not surprising. I think the second one I picked up was "Messages From Michael".

Aha You could say Sekhmet and I are... personally close, but funny enough my guardian is Bastet.

RE: Good Books - Navaratna - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 01:50 PM)Aion Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 01:31 PM)Aion Wrote: Seth Speaks was one of the first channelings I ever read, but the first one I ever picked up was actually The Lion People.

Aha You could say Sekhmet and I are... personally close, but funny enough my guardian is Bastet.

I'll have to check it out just to get my imagination going.

I feel like writing something lengthy because I have so much time. Have you ever written something you'd publish?

RE: Good Books - Aion - 05-17-2020

(05-16-2020, 04:07 PM)Navaratna Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 01:50 PM)Aion Wrote:

I'll have to check it out just to get my imagination going.

I feel like writing something lengthy because I have so much time. Have you ever written something you'd publish?

I have a few articles published (not on spirituality), but I haven't really written anything substantial in quite awhile. I keep saying I'm going to... lol

I have a couple projects sort of started, but my focus has been mostly on music.

RE: Good Books - Diana - 05-17-2020

(05-16-2020, 04:07 PM)Navaratna Wrote: I feel like writing something lengthy because I have so much time.

What's stopping you?

RE: Good Books - Navaratna - 05-22-2020

It's difficult to show people the way I envision energy/people.

I think of it as a tornado. Each entity is it's own tornado of some sort. Lower densities are thin and low, like the lower sections of a tornado and first colors of ROYGBIV

Rereading the pyramid section of Lawofone to revisit my memory was interesting. It points out how light entering pyramids is what makes them special not some magic about their shape alone. This idea contradictions so many people who try to dismiss pyramid power as meaningless. The shape is meaningful in transferring light, not something like storing food for the most part.

I think it'd be interesting to get a glass prism, and focus on the purple ray of light during meditation while in the company of some amethyst crystals. Or with UV refracting material like benitoite.

It's funny the idea of living in a pyramid shaped building. In the readings about pyramids Ra describes how we live in rectangles and boxes which don't do anything to energize us. The idea of living in a pyramid house to amplify meditation by focusing on the colors of light shining in bands sounds like a way to focus on correcting a problem in particular densities.